Options

Weekend Event 7/24/2015 - 5 Months to Christmas - Woo Hoo!

Comments

• Options
    Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    I'm kinda disappointed with the gift box items but I like the Top and skirt at least for the girls.
  • Options
    wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I was a very very bad girl and bought every single item they offered. NO awesome long curly hair and NO red Christmas dress. Some other players have posted here that what was available was from a certain number of months. Hopefully there will be other throwback events that offer those items. I love them too!
    Hmmm this is interesting because there were definitely other Christmas items offered in the throwback - I saw someone get the green sparkly dress that was one of the Christmas outfits. I was under the impression Glu was making ALL items from a select few events available to win - eg the Kylie event, Christmas, NYE, Halloween, Easter, Valentine's Day and St Paddys. There might have been more, I don't remember. But I do think it's strange that they clearly did not offer ALL the Christmas items if the hair and the red dress - both of which were from the Christmas event - were not given to you. Hopefully it means Glu pulled them aside - maybe because they're aware of how much players covet those items - and will offer them at a later date.
  • Options
    Wait for the gift box thing where you have to open one for 60kstars do you get to choose which throwback item you want or is it just like when you open gift boxes you get what you get?
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Wait for the gift box thing where you have to open one for 60kstars do you get to choose which throwback item you want or is it just like when you open gift boxes you get what you get?

What you open is what you get. Which could be a ring or a really nice dress.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    Oh okay, thanks.
  • Options
    I got the sunglasses in my free gift box. I can't believe I didn't get cash like I always do!!! Yay bonus stars!! My doll doesn't normally wear glasses but I actually really like these? They might just be my favourite pair in the game.

CKsP_ktUEAA_UqU.jpg

This is what I won in the throwback boxes:
    - Pirate outfit from Halloween event
    - Straight hair with a white fedora (not sure which event this is from)
    - Hair with a crown/hat from NYE event
    - Gold shoes from Kendall event (I'm so happy, I've wanted these for sooo long!)
    - Black boots from Kylie event
    - Black heels from Kylie event
    - Bunny ears from Easter event
    - Bizarre grey dress with holes and a white jacket??? No idea where this is from lol
    - Ugly *** green boa from St Paddys event
    - Ugly *** heart ring from Valentine's Day event
    - Black formal gown from NYE event
    - Casual white dress with hearts from Valentine's Day event
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    I have been spoiled with an event.

YAAAAAAAASSSSSS. Won the shoes and... a normal gift box outfit. Eh.
    At least I could afford it!
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    Just to be clear and maybe a bit annoying... With the throwback boxes am I thinking you spend 60kstars and you get just one item that's a throwback? So it could just be one c rappy St pats day hat or something?
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    Lyanna wrote: »
    Just to be clear and maybe a bit annoying... With the throwback boxes am I thinking you spend 60kstars and you get just one item that's a throwback? So it could just be one c rappy St pats day hat or something?

Yep, basically any past event item you're missing. that includes useless rings and green boas.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Someone created a separate thread about the Throwback gift boxes special event. I posted screen grabs of all the items that were available for the ladies that I saw (a total of 34 items). I think this was all they offered but I could be wrong.
    I will post them here one more time so people can make an educated decision about buying them or not.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    I bought all the boxes from this throwback event. I took screen grabs of every set of gift boxes except the last one which only had two items. I will post the screen grabs below and my doll wearing the dress and holiday hair from the last set of just two gift boxes.

Throwback Event - July 23 & 24, 2015

ziV2Mow.jpg
    mrDL47K.jpg
    BLUT6WP.jpg
    dCPNDAs.jpg
    srGgo6f.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Wow, according to Holly's screencap I actually own everything offered except for Kendall pants + that black top with the gold belt! Hmm... perhaps I will buy one more box tomorrow and aim for those pants.
  • Options
    Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Hello everyone!!! I actually love all the items for the weekend event, the ones we win actually! Everyone always complains we never get summer clothes and finally we get some summer clothes and ppl don't like it lmfao (insert crying emojis) any who... I would love to go all out crazy w those TB items but after that green boa, I'm alright.
    Today in my first box I got the blue diamond ring I did 2 gigs and decided to open another box hoping to win something from the special items to help me complete the quest faster and I got the pants, would have loved anything else but the pants since they are so similar to other ones we have.
    And DMV I'm hoping it's just a glitch and we get more point than just one... Then again we are getting more point than what we usually do to begin with. (By the way where in the DMV area are you from I used to live in NoVa)

IMG_0099_zpsfcc9d85d.jpg
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    Wow, according to Holly's screencap I actually own everything offered except for Kendall pants + that black top with the gold belt! Hmm... perhaps I will buy one more box tomorrow and aim for those pants.

That was my thought exactly... There are some items I would love... But the events passed I'm no longer upset I didn't get them. I gave it try yesterday and that's it I'm good.

its obvious they did that #TB because of the poll we did, did that cross anyone else's mind?
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    Yep, basically any past event item you're missing. that includes useless rings and green boas.

For 60kstars? EACH? Glu must be mad! Nice idea but crazy price
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Options
    Oh and also... Seriously I really think we should all write to GLU and complain about the 4000$ box... Seriously!!! I'm so happy I didn't get it but I've gotten it enough times to be upset. They need to up that to 40000 if they want to keep it there! And I also think it's pretty lame how they are giving out items in the white daily boxes or items we can purchase if we like the ruffle shirt.

What do you say guys, let's all write to GLU and complain about the 4000 box.. we play, we pay, let's all get together and make a change!!!!
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    Oh my god, I'm not mad but I'm just disgusted. In the gift box from getting 25 event points I got that shaggy looking hairstyle. God forbid, I hate the hairstyle there's like no way to wear it..
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Lyanna wrote: »

Yes. One item per 60 K star try.

I had many of the items in Holly's screenshots but I already had many that were in her prize boxes so those did not show up in mine. It will only be whatever the person is missing - from past holiday events mostly. (ETA what is best about this 60 K star one is, there are no cash or energy prizes. It's all wearables.)

It isn't infinite; like Holly, I too had a few screens and the last screen had only 2 items in it.

I think the boa and ring should not be in there. The other items...OK I guess although I wont have need for bunny ears or a Santa hat for a while.

It was interesting, fun, and...expensive!

(ETA again: I was hoping the free prize box and the 40 K star event prize box would not have any zonker prizes but they did. Those both had energy and cash prizes in them.)
  • Options
    Yeah, but I'm totally fine. After all I have these high waisted pants that are pretty similar
    image.jpg1_zpslcq9mxsx.jpg
    Working it like Beyoncé.
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I won those pants too and am wearing the same top with them. Lol
  • Options
    Lol, I didn't win the pants this was already in my wardrobe XD I got the shaggy looking hair.
  • Options

Wolf = Pay attention to the time left on the Throwback Gift Boxes. I don't have the event anymore since I opened everything but I do recall that it did not run through the entire weekend. If you have everything but those two items, then you should see only two gift boxes. You'll have a 50/50 chance to get the pants. Good luck!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Oh my god, I'm not mad but I'm just disgusted. In the gift box from getting 25 event points I got that shaggy looking hairstyle. God forbid, I hate the hairstyle there's like no way to wear it..

That is by far the WORST hairstyle! I'd rather wear out of season holiday hair than put that shag on my doll!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Wolf = Pay attention to the time left on the Throwback Gift Boxes. I don't have the event anymore since I opened everything but I do recall that it did not run through the entire weekend. If you have everything but those two items, then you should see only two gift boxes. You'll have a 50/50 chance to get the pants. Good luck!
    Thanks Holly! Sorry, I meant "tomorrow" as in my timezone, so like 12 ish hours from now. Plenty of time left on the clock. :D
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Wow, I just posted about that in FAQs. I remembere it said The 1st Throwback I thought immediately, that's not much of a weekend.. I'm thinking the 2nd TBBox Event will start when this one ends................with all different stuff? Did I mention I got back from food shopping, got more giftcards....and, I'm the proud owner of 20,000$ and the Pants. They're nice high pants. and the shoes. Anybody want a pair of 9s?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Minne623 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!!! I actually love all the items for the weekend event, the ones we win actually! Everyone always complains we never get summer clothes and finally we get some summer clothes and ppl don't like it lmfao (insert crying emojis) any who...
    ...I got the pants, would have loved anything else but the pants since they are so similar to other ones we have...
    ...(By the way where in the DMV area are you from I used to live in NoVa)

You're totally right Minne, we complain that there aren't enough summer outfits and then we complain when Glu creates some summery options. Sadly, complaining comes very naturally to us. LOL. My complaint is that I feel several of this event's options look very similar to clothes that are already in our wardrobe. For example, those high waisted black pants!

As for your question to DMV, I used to live in NoVa too. I spent 6 years in Fairfax.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    That is by far the WORST hairstyle! I'd rather wear out of season holiday hair than put that shag on my doll!

I know right?!
  • Options
    My doll is enjoying the weekend event top & shoes plus the gold chain Dice gifted her this morning. Where else to wear this stuff than New Jersey!?!
    yglqb9H.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Wow, I just posted about that in FAQs. I remembere it said The 1st Throwback I thought immediately, that's not much of a weekend.. I'm thinking the 2nd TBBox Event will start when this one ends................with all different stuff? Did I mention I got back from food shopping, got more giftcards....and, I'm the proud owner of 20,000$ and the Pants. They're nice high pants. and the shoes. Anybody want a pair of 9s?

Ooo I didn't even think about another throwback event starting immediately after this one ends! But it is odd that neither of the outfits shown in the picture were in the giftboxes and it says giftbox #1... Hopefully you're right. I've been looking for a reason not to just spend the last of my K-Stars on the out of season holiday clothes, and now that there's a chance of the giftboxes restocking I'll definitely be saving them instead
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    Brandon Lee SantosBrandon Lee Santos Registered Users 44 Posts
    I won't be spending 60 K Stars on the off chance I get money or stars and this is what I got from the gift boxes

IMG_1427_zpsacstrgzt.png