Options

Weekend Event 7/24/2015 - 5 Months to Christmas - Woo Hoo!

Comments

• Options
    Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Omg that's what I got too!!
  • Options
    Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    You're totally right Minne, we complain that there aren't enough summer outfits and then we complain when Glu creates some summery options. Sadly, complaining comes very naturally to us. LOL. My complaint is that I feel several of this event's options look very similar to clothes that are already in our wardrobe. For example, those high waisted black pants!

As for your question to DMV, I used to live in NoVa too. I spent 6 years in Fairfax.

I also lived in Fairfax!! :):):) by the Fairfax Corner!! We lived there for 2yrs. We've lived everywhere 🙈🙈
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    I won't be spending 60 K Stars on the off chance I get money or stars and this is what I got from the gift boxes

IMG_1427_zpsacstrgzt.png

That shag hair is the WOORSSST!!! That should be an item to buy if you want not in the gift boxes.
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    As far as the TB boxes go... I'm thinking they'll wait til next week to roll out another set of items... Now playing just hope they do t combine them... Like if I didn't get anything this week, they won't roll out the same options for me next time and it will be different.
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I won't be spending 60 K Stars on the off chance I get money or stars and this is what I got from the gift boxes

Brandon = Glu did not put money or energy in the Throwback Gift Boxes that cost 60 K Stars. You are guaranteed to win an actual item. Period. However, it could be a heart ring or a green boa so there's no guarantee that the item isn't lame.

If you scroll back a couple of pages in this thread you will find my post that shows all 34 items that are in this set of Throwback Gift Boxes
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Minne623 wrote: »
    I also lived in Fairfax!! :):):) by the Fairfax Corner!! We lived there for 2yrs. We've lived everywhere ����

I attended George Mason University and lived on campus there in Fairfax for 3 years. My last year at GMU, I worked as a live-in Nanny and lived in Herndon.
    Years later, I returned to GMU as a Professor. I was there for two years and lived nearby.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    hkayteehkaytee Registered Users 116 Posts
    As far as the TB boxes go... I'm thinking they'll wait til next week to roll out another set of items... Now playing just hope they do t combine them... Like if I didn't get anything this week, they won't roll out the same options for me next time and it will be different.

I agree I think they will wait until next week Tuesday or Thursday to go with the throwback hashtag concept . I hope they use a different set of items next time
    Add me GC: AychKT && yakanaTee :)
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    hkaytee wrote: »
    I agree I think they will wait until next week Tuesday or Thursday to go with the throwback hashtag concept . I hope they use a different set of items next time
    Or they could only do it like once a month but with different items each time.. Because I don't think there's enough exclusive items for them to do it every week.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I opened 3 boxes and got these: Halloween pants, Valentine's tattoo and necklace

?action=view&current=Screenshot_2015-07-24-23-18-26_zps58cdc683.png

How does this look guys? I don't have more stars to go for the complete outfit :(

And here's my event box:

Screenshot_2015-07-24-21-58-16_zpsca5db395.png

Happy birthday Nebula! :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Or they could only do it like once a month but with different items each time.. Because I don't think there's enough exclusive items for them to do it every week.

Yea ur right there aren't that much items it's not like the game started with weekend events and exclusive items. Those came out a bit later

I think from now on I'm gonna try my best and make an attempt at the wretched awful looking items so when there's a throwback my chances of getting something ****py will be minimized lol and it will just be the awesome 600 event star prizes left :):D
  • Options
    Yea ur right there aren't that much items it's not like the game started with weekend events and exclusive items. Those came out a bit later

I think from now on I'm gonna try my best and make an attempt at the wretched awful looking items so when there's a throwback my chances of getting something ****py will be minimized lol and it will just be the awesome 600 event star prizes left :):D

But at the same time it would be a smart move from them if they "refill" the giftboxes with completely new and better exclusive items right after this throwback ends because they know people have spent all their k-stars already and will be willing to buy more.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts

Hkaytee, that is some pretty warped logic. I like it. I like it a lot.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Charli wrote: »
    I opened 3 boxes and got these: Halloween pants, Valentine's tattoo and necklace

[img]http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/Bilal_Muhammad_Saleem/?action=view¤t=Screenshot_2015-07-24-23-18-26_zps58cdc683.png[/img]

How does this look guys? I don't have more stars to go for the complete outfit :(

And here's my event box:

Happy birthday Nebula! :)
    Charli I can't see your pictures. :eek:
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Happens every time. :p

Screenshot_2015-07-24-23-18-26_zps58cdc683.png

The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    First Happy Birthday Nebula!

Lucy I saw you decided to come back, good to have your company to we sink all together lol

I read crazy rumors about me, wait what?

I'm happy to see that the throwback sale left the forum in a frenzy, it's great to come here and see a good energy. Holly if you spend it all that with fake clothes I can’t imagine how much you spend on real clothes!

I thought the sale a great idea, but poorly executed. I've never been a fan of gift boxes, because I always thought them unfair. I only bet on the boxes once, as everyone knows the story, and my motivation to bet it was because I felt very honored that Glu have listen a very specific request. But I learned my lesson and will never come back to spend k-stars in these boxes, even if one day Brad Pitt’s hair returns.

Having a guaranteed item isn’t the same as having an item you want, for me it makes no difference to win a hair style that already exists in the wardrobe but with reindeer horns included or 4k k $, well at least the 4k would have use different from the hair...

I definitely don’t support such a policy if it’s to be a sale, they should make available the items so we can choose and don’t go through this Russian roulette. For those who have a gameplay style that seeks to complete the entire collection as Holly whatever the way of acquiring they’ll buy smoothly, but for those who are looking for something specific these boxes only increase the frustration and discontent with the game.

Glu I’m glad you are trying, but I know you can do it better, so please do it!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options

Oh thank god I already had that tattoo... I would've been livid if I paid 60 K-Stars for a tatoo you can't even see in 90% of the clothes.
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    And DMV I'm hoping it's just a glitch and we get more point than just one... Then again we are getting more point than what we usually do to begin with. (By the way where in the DMV area are you from I used to live in NoVa)

Lookin good Minne :) I hopes is a glitch too and it gets fixed soon. In these grinding events ever bonus star is needed.

Oh, I'm from PG county. I use to work near Nova in Alexandria. :)
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    That is by far the WORST hairstyle! I'd rather wear out of season holiday hair than put that shag on my doll!

That hair is awful. I'd rather be bold than wear it lol

Andriod player
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    tLKVLqb.png
    9LJvkYc.png

I'm surprised they put the watch last but glad for it. I can make 300 stars for sure.

I missed out on the top from the free gift box and while slightly miffed I'll be ok.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    DMV I didn't get any clothes to confirm if it's a glitch or just a poor bonus! Developing story...
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options

U styled it nicely Charli :)

Andriod player
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    DMV I didn't get any clothes to confirm if it's a glitch or just a poor bonus! Developing story...

Cool...keep me posted :)

Andriod player
  • Options
    TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    Ooo I didn't even think about another throwback event starting immediately after this one ends! But it is odd that neither of the outfits shown in the picture were in the giftboxes and it says giftbox #1... Hopefully you're right. I've been looking for a reason not to just spend the last of my K-Stars on the out of season holiday clothes, and now that there's a chance of the giftboxes restocking I'll definitely be saving them instead

I hope i get the next one!!!! =/
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • Options
    DazedmoonDazedmoon Registered Users 28 Posts
    I've been getting 3 bonus stars and I only have the pants from the gift box so far..
    o07xie.jpg
    Nicole
    GC: dazedmoon
  • Options
    Dazedmoon wrote: »
    I've been getting 3 bonus stars and I only have the pants from the gift box so far..
    o07xie.jpg

This is what I was told in the support thread :
    Hi DMV Doll. Thanks for pointing this out so we can clarify the situation. Glu has informed me this is actually functioning as designed. Some gift box items give more bonuses than others. Week to week sometimes bonuses will go up or down, just like several other minor game statistics (like how much energy it takes to complete jobs, dates, etc. - which is also changed depending on a player's level)

Sorry this wasn't made clear.

BTW I'm on level 36 ...but here was my response
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Thanks for following up with me Koko (and Glu)

It's confusing because on the Gift Box banner it reads

"Each item you own increases the number of event points you are rewarded from getting a 5 star rating on gigs"

It doesn't say "may" or "a chance". It specifically says it will increase with each item.

If I'm only going to get one bonus point for a 3hr gig regardless of how many special event items I own, what's the point of opening more Gift boxes?

PhotoGrid_1437766589088_zpssbzijmqv.jpg

Andriod player
  • Options
    DazedmoonDazedmoon Registered Users 28 Posts
    Wow I never realized it worked that way. I've never noticed it giving less of a bonus before. Sometimes I think a sick joke is being played on us with these gift boxes.
    Nicole
    GC: dazedmoon
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    I'm kind of annoyed I got a regular gift box item buuuut at least I got the event shoes.
    I'm not going to complete this event, however, since I hate orange. I'll stop at the skirt, so this event will be pretty relaxed.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    Hkaytee, that is some pretty warped logic. I like it. I like it a lot.

Thanks !!! :D XD

I'm a level 34 and I got the pants from the giftbox and I get 3 bonus stars from 3 hour gigs. Wow I had no idea it worked like that "/ doesn't seem fair really
  • Options
    Dazedmoon wrote: »
    Wow I never realized it worked that way. I've never noticed it giving less of a bonus before. Sometimes I think a sick joke is being played on us with these gift boxes.

Its B S... I've never had 2 gift box items and only received 1 bonus star. In essence Glu saying some items are not worth any event points.

Holly even made this nice breakdown in last weekends event thread. I know I'll finish the event either way, but for GP this is B S

Screenshot_2015-07-24-12-33-06_zps311yczwb.png

Andriod player
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    I'm happy to see that the throwback sale left the forum in a frenzy, it's great to come here and see a good energy. Holly if you spend it all that with fake clothes I can’t imagine how much you spend on real clothes!
    I thought the sale a great idea, but poorly executed. I've never been a fan of gift boxes, because I always thought them unfair. ....

Glu I’m glad you are trying, but I know you can do it better, so please do it!

You're right Vats. It really was exciting to see the Throwback Sale and it was wonderful to see excitement here in the forum. Sadly it did shift to frustration as people spent 60 k stars and only "won" a plastic shamrock ring or an average pair of shoes. It would be awesome if Glu listened to your suggestion and let us shop at a Throwback sale so we could select exactly what we wanted.

If they insist on using the gift box approach, it should be 40 k stars at most.

As for me, I don't spend a lot on my own clothes. I'm queen of only buying things that are on sale and I'm a plus size lady so I don't have a lot of options. The reason I enjoy KKH is because my Doll is like a virtual Barbie. As a child, I loved playing with Barbie but could never do that as an adult. This game allow me to play dress up.
    Holly
    I play on iOS