Weekend Event 09/11/2015 - Power Bands and Dance Parties ~ We love the 80s

It was a time of Disco Dying, making way for New Wave and Post Punk Progressive Pop Music. MTV burst onto the scene, and sponsored by the Hairspray Council of America, Bands with Big Sounds and Bigger Hair were fast emerging as the ones to blow out the speakers.

Venues were larger and larger stadiums, and the Birth of the Power Band....heavy metal with a wounded heart.....took over the airwaves. Arguably, wikipedia says Power Balads go back to Stairway to Heaven, but if you ask me, Poison is more of the Poster Child for these Titans of the 80s.

By special request of our lovely Hostess, this weekend's party thread is all about Power Bands, and Dance Parties. Here Goes. Let's throw open the windows and Party..............it's

Holly80s.gif

(and if you weren't around then, no worries, you're not alone. But who hasn't flipped on MTV or VH1 and watched "We Love the 80s"? So let's travel back and Par---T.

And Dance Party
dance164.gif

So, Let's Welcome Holly, the Hostess who likes Heavy Metal and Dancing Feet.

So let's not disappoint.

It's not official till Alex throws the Confetti.

AlexConfetti_zpshogoj502.gif

and I get my shot.
Buffy_drinking_zps3qrwe779.gif

Ok, now let's blow this thread up, so when Holy shows up, she'll see it's underway.

Here's Kelly Ripa and Bobby Brown from Dance Party USA
Hey, didn't we just win that hair?
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456724

Comments

• LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Congrats, Holly! And great theme, too! Now, I know you aren't Amanda, but my best friend is, and I adore this song.
    [video=youtube_share;j4FbRl1Lms4]http://youtu.be/j4FbRl1Lms4[/video]

Rock on, Holly!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Yay! Congrats Holly! I love the 80s theme.

[video=youtube_share;soleSTp_u_c]http://youtu.be/soleSTp_u_c[/video]
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Partay!

[video=youtube_share;rc9LkE0vpvk]http://youtu.be/rc9LkE0vpvk[/video]
    [video=youtube_share;8PaoLy7PHwk]http://youtu.be/8PaoLy7PHwk[/video]

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Omg how can I even relate to this theme❔❓ I'm an early 90s baby haha
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

You never heard anything eighties that you liked? Nothing from your parents, etc...? Well, if not, then you'll get an education this weekend!
    [video=youtube_share;djV11Xbc914]http://youtu.be/djV11Xbc914[/video]

LuzVarias wrote: »
    You never heard anything eighties that you liked? Nothing from your parents, etc...?
    [video=youtube_share;djV11Xbc914]http://youtu.be/djV11Xbc914[/video]
    Well my mother listened to Michael Jackson growing up when she was younger back in the days. She also listened to Madonna and Lionel Richie back home from her country. And she always mentioned more 80 songs to me but I can't seem to remember them right now.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    Will the weekend event be gigs or dates?
    Sophie
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Well my mother listened to Michael Jackson growing up when she was younger back in the days. She also listened to Madonna and Lionel Richie back home from her country. And she always mentioned more 80 songs to me but I can't seem to remember them right now.

Since Carol is new to 80s music but does know who Madonna is, let's start her indoctrination.

[video=youtube_share;zHW5RVvg2v4]http://youtu.be/zHW5RVvg2v4[/video]
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    Will the weekend event be gigs or dates?

Maybe it will be a dating weekend event. I hope that it is because my doll is ready to have her first child with her hubby.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

I'm so very excited to be hosting this weekend! I'm hoping it's a dating weekend since all my school dances were filled with 80s music. In fact, one year the theme was Stairway to Heaven!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Junior Prom - 1989

3QDnNaM.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Junior Prom - 1989

3QDnNaM.jpg
    Was that you back then? This thread makes me feel like a youngster and I'm only on my mid 20s lol
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• trufflebuttertrufflebutter Registered Users 441 Posts
    Was that you back then? This thread makes me feel like a youngster and I'm only on my mid 20s lol
    I'm only 16 :D .. I'm the baby here :D

Yes, that's me. It's May 1989 and I was ready to leave for Junior prom. I was living in West Germany but attending an American school. This bow & lace extravaganza is the same dress I wore to my 8th grade formal dance in 1986.

I was so annoyed that my date bought me a yellow corsage. You can see that I got him a pink boutonnière.

I did my hair myself. I did an upside down French braid up to a high side ponytail. Then I did spiral curls in the ponytail and curled & teased my bangs. I loved 80s hair.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • HoneyRavenHoneyRaven Registered Users 145 Posts

Aww Holly, that's a beautiful pic, despite the lack of colour co-ordination from your date! I'm an 80s baby, so I've got heaps of songs I could put up, but this one seemed most appropriate for us in my book ;p
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    My bet is on a dating weekend. Really wish it wasn't though as I'm going on vacation. VIP would be perfect!
    iOS
    If it's a dating event, I wonder where should I take my hubby to go out on dates at? I don't think that I have enough cash to take my hubby to Oak Club. I think that I got broke too fast on my game.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Angie7680Angie7680 Registered Users 178 Posts
    Congrats holly! You looked so pretty on your prom night. And thank you for the 80s theme! My school is currently organising a 'back to the 80s' week theme and we have to suggest the 80s music and the outfits. It's like a mini play, not the musical though sadly. Everyone in our school has to wear an 80s based outfit, so to all the people who lived in that era, any suggestions?
    I’m just here to steal your outfits and your wine

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Holly you were so pretty and radiant!

I thought I would feel out of touch with 80s music, but I have heard 2-3 of the ones posted. The first one Koko posted I couldn't listen though, not available in my country.

Anyway, this one maybe?
    PM to add
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    I'm only 16 :D .. I'm the baby here :D
    Lol, I'm the same age. And Congrats Holly!
    I literally just got a TON of gigs when so first opened my game. When I met misty I said Colorful and constructed. What did you guys do?
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    My android clicked the options as you did! Then just for fun, my iPad game clicked the other options.
    PM to add
  • Angie7680Angie7680 Registered Users 178 Posts
    Nah I'm the baby here. I only turned 15 2 days ago. And I also picked colourful and constructed cause I was sick of black and white clothes
    I’m just here to steal your outfits and your wine

• DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Yeah HOLLY

You look beautiful at your junior prom :D

congratulation-044_zpsfbgrzehg.gif

Let's party!!!

Dance_animated_gif_zpsbwnwg8fn.gif
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Beautiful picture Holly, you looked great!!

For those who already met misty did you get a completed green bubble after?? I met Misty I also chose colorful and that was that... I never got a completed task, it just says meet Misty in LaRue and I have 3 days left to meet her. :/
    GC Minne622
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Minne623 wrote: »
    Beautiful picture Holly, you looked great!!

For those who already met misty did you get a completed green bubble after?? I met Misty I also chose colorful and that was that... I never got a completed task, it just says meet Misty in LaRue and I have 3 days left to meet her. :/
    She's also sitting at the table and will ask you to choose between constructed or loose.. Then you complete the task.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Is Misty storyline part of the weekend event? I'm not sure since there's a deadline attached...

Either way... Charli, it not very polite to sit on Misty's lap 😂😂😂😂

PhotoGrid_1441894986950_zps9xtartmt.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    If it's a dating event, I wonder where should I take my hubby to go out on dates at? I don't think that I have enough cash to take my hubby to Oak Club. I think that I got broke too fast on my game.

The Miraggio Grande isn't as expensive as the Oak but you can use less energy by combining it with Kash there too.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I just met with Misty at La Rue and she wanted to know if I prefer "colorful" or "black & white." Ummm... Considering Dixie is dressed for our 80s Dance Party.... Duh!

KOj5m4q.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Thank you guys!!! I didn't see it and I was ready to have a heart attack since it's a timed event!!
    GC Minne622
    Angie7680 wrote: »
    Congrats holly! You looked so pretty on your prom night. And thank you for the 80s theme! My school is currently organising a 'back to the 80s' week theme and we have to suggest the 80s music and the outfits. It's like a mini play, not the musical though sadly. Everyone in our school has to wear an 80s based outfit, so to all the people who lived in that era, any suggestions?

Neon colors
    Off-one shoulder tops
    Acid wash denim
    Your Jean legs "pegged" (you fold the bottom hem to make it right to your leg and then Roll it up to show your socks
    Two pairs of colorful socks
    Large plastic earrings
    Curly and large hair
    Colorful eye shadow
    Pink lipstick

Edited to add:
    Shoes = pumps! Usually white pumps that you wear with colorful socks! LOL. Yep. We did that.
    Holly
    I play on iOS