Weekend Event 09/11/2015 - Power Bands and Dance Parties ~ We love the 80s

1181920212224Next

Comments

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Hi Carol, I don't understand why you are so upset about other players not following and/or voting for a theme when you yourself admittedly didn't follow the theme.

Keep in mind you're an "anonymous voter" too lol. You had to vote and choose between two looks just like all the other KKH players who chose to participate in this event.

Researching the next theme may only lead to additional frustration if you don't receive the outcome expected (wins).

There could be players out there who you didn't vote for and possibly didn't win any rounds...that doesn't make you a hater and if they didn't vote for you they're not haters either.

We're all in this together :D

GroupHug_zpsfliytxgh.gif
    I don't think that I voted for any real players. In my game they all looked like NPCs to me because their outfits just looked plain tacky. I mentioned before that I lost and won for some looks when I still dressed up my doll in stylish casual clothing with the city theme. The only reason why my doll was dressed up in casual clothing was because in real life I am so over the summer season. Autumn is approaching soon in my location, then next comes winter. I don't see city luxury styles too often in NYC since I'm so use to seeing the normal everyday NYC street fashion style. Well anyways the theme didn't fit that NYC vibes since not all New Yorkers are dressed up like in real life unless it's a celebrity.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Okay I was sharing my opinions before on this thread as soon as I was done with the weekend event. I think that my previous posts were misunderstood at some point. Hmm...I didn't even realize that I took it too personal⁉ I tend to get extremely sensitive when it comes to constructive criticism about my doll's clothing personal choices. I put so much thought and effort into dressing up my doll and I was so frustrated because when I saw my results, I felt like an absolute failure. Fashion is just a self-expression to me as an individual. I struggled to finish the event on time. I thought that I wasn't going to make it. I am so confused right now. Let me just get my thoughts together.😕😕😕😕😕
    35cgcom.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Okay I was sharing my opinions before on this thread as soon as I was done with the weekend event. I think that my previous posts were misunderstood at some point. Hmm...I didn't even realize that I took it too personal⁉ I tend to get extremely sensitive when it comes to constructive criticism about my doll's clothing personal choices. I put so much thought and effort into dressing up my doll and I was so frustrated because when I saw my results, I felt like an absolute failure. Fashion is just a self-expression to me as an individual. I struggled to finish the event on time. I thought that I wasn't going to make it. I am so confused right now. Let me just get my thoughts together.����������
    I think many of us completely understand and relate to you when it comes to dressing our dolls. Just like you, I put a lot of thought and effort into dressing my doll. Sometimes I even laugh at myself because I'll realize that I've spent 10 minutes picking the "perfect" hairstyle for the look I'm creating. When we put so much time and care into this, it's reasonable to get hurt feelings when other players are critical of the look we created. Even constructive criticism can sting a bit. But please keep in mind that we were offering advice because we wanted to help you. You were frustrated and disappointed because your look "lost" and we wanted to help you "win." On that note, another player posted about how she thought of voting as voting "for" one look but not "against" the other look. I like viewing it that way. When I looked at the two outfits, i wasn't thinking "I hate that so I'll give my vote to the other." I was choosing which one I liked best based on my personal aesthetics and judging criteria (example = I did not vote for any bathing suits since the theme was City Luxury). Many times, I liked both so it came down to an accessory or hairstyle or shoes. "Losing" the vote shouldn't make you feel like an "absolute failure." Remember, 50% "won" which means 50% "lost." It's the nature of this new feature the tide can easily shift in your favor next time.

I'm really glad you participate in the Forum. What you shared made a lot of us think more about how we determine our vote. Thank you.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    That sounds like the Lookbook not the Voting contest. You don't see any "slots" after you submit an outfit to be voted on.

To Submit An Outfit
    On the voting screen, you will see a button between the two dolls that says CREATE LOOK. Click that.
    Then the usual wardrobe screen comes up so you dress your doll and then there is a round button the left that say SUBMIT. Click it.
    Then another screen pops up and you can CANCEL or SUBMIT (which submits the outfit you just created for the contest but you revert back to the previous outfit you were wearing in the game) or SAVE LOOK & SUBMIT (which submits look and you stay in that new outfit).

On the submit pop up, it also offers "Save and Submit." If you press that, it saves it to the Look Book.

Sorry I was not more clear.

Edit: BTW I figured out I was mis-perceiving it 'saving twice' - there are actually fewer (save) slots than I had thought, and the one on top left is 'what you are wearing now.' I had thought it was saving there and one other slot, until I finally figured out what it actually was doing.

Gonna go type a suggestion while I'm thinking of this...
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Hey Polkadot! Nice to see you back :)

Thank you Naims! :)

Thank you also Luz!

Very kind of you both.

I agree about the clothes for men/women matching better. I was not fond of the patchwork men's jacket anyway. Very early 70s.
  • d_evn12d_evn12 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Add me on Google+ [email protected]
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I thought this was a fun weekend! I won for every outfit I tried except for one - the last one, where I made myself turn into Willow Pape (since I had already won the entire outfit, it seemed like a bit of fun) :P

There are some gitches Glu will need to solve - like how we couldn't find out if we had won or lost without completely closing our game and starting up again. But it was a nice change of pace and IMO a very easy weekend to win without grinding.
  • SabinaCSabinaC Registered Users 200 Posts
    This weekend was fun for me too, actually last few weekends. Since the Facebook game didn't work for one weekend, then weekend after that I didn't really feel like playing (I even missed the hair) and this weekend once again there's no event. I went hiking, organized a barbecue and I think I'm kind of getting over Hollywood.
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    SabinaC wrote: »
    This weekend was fun for me too, actually last few weekends. Since the Facebook game didn't work for one weekend, then weekend after that I didn't really feel like playing (I even missed the hair) and this weekend once again there's no event. I went hiking, organized a barbecue and I think I'm kind of getting over Hollywood.

Good for you!!. I'm kinda going in that direction too. I started a game in android but he's a guy, so is just not as exciting. I tried with a girl and it was just painful to think that in facebook I was way into my second comeback and there I was on android starting all over?..is not worth the effort and the time I guess.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here