Options

Weekend Event 11/26/15 ~ Black Friday 2015 Lollopalooza Extravaganza.

Comments

• Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

3A4D20E2-478E-48F9-912F-312B80E51F1B.png

I'm sorry, I really truly would have lost my mind. Thank god for the earrings. This $4000 Kash needs to be removed from the boxes. Idk why Glu is listening to other things we say but won't remove this darn option from the boxes. There isn't a person in the world happy when that shows up in their box!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I've been playing this game 4ever, spent countless K-Stars AND the glam hardly ever moves... Smh :(

PhotoGrid_1448542856544_zpsg9tafn3z.jpg

The real irony here is that Glu DOES want us to shop until we drop...and then crawl on our hands and knees clawing for K stars so we can keep shopping.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Oh no! Glu can't you buy calculators for your employees?
    2nlvfj7.jpg

These mathematical errors make me mad. Every k stars matters and they are nibbling extras with every item.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I did find this pair of shoes that were more than 50% off.

fg4TXC1.png
    PM to add
  • Options
    I opened the purse first, then the hair... I thought about stopping because I knew that I would end up with a dud on my third but I really want the earrings so I opened one more... $4000 Kash. Ugh.

1CD5B8BD-2930-40BE-834E-E6792F634277_zps75vzbp8h.png
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    AmyT wrote: »

I'm also regretting buying that same Lagerfeld dress before the sale. Wish I wasn't so impatient!

I held off on the Lagerfeld items BUT I went on a spending splurge on the Lieber purses when I thought they would disappear after a month. I didn't buy them all but I bought a lot.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Wow Holly congrats on the hair! Your set has everything!
    PM to add
  • Options
    AliBryant wrote: »
    iOS users - If you have PayPal, they are having a sale on iTunes codes - 15% off. That way you could save even more on star packages or whatever you buy in game this weekend! Fine print looks like it is U.S. only:

https://www.paypal-gifts.com/us/itunes-nov-promo.html

Thanks so much Ali!!! I used this code and saved 15% on my iTunes "card" and then turned around and bought K stars that came with 25% more k stars. Now I'm spending them on items that are 50% off. Woo hoo!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    The real irony here is that Glu DOES want us to shop until we drop...and then crawl on our hands and knees clawing for K stars so we can keep shopping.

Yeah LOL I can't/don't understand this one!
    These mathematical errors make me mad. Every k stars matters and they are nibbling extras with every item.

Yeah I noticed this, especially since the white dress I wanted. I wonder if they will be fixing them or if they will stay that way.
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I did find this pair of shoes that were more than 50% off.

fg4TXC1.png

An extra deal!! LOL no way!!
    I held off on the Lagerfeld items BUT I went on a spending splurge on the Lieber purses when I thought they would disappear after a month. I didn't buy them all but I bought a lot.

This was my understanding too. That they would go away. They really should have done that. I mean I am ALL FOR the Throwback boxes, but people complained about exclusive items.. This was a HUHE chance to make some exclusive items and they didn't. They didn't take away not even ONE!! They kept every single one. They should have removed them all but a few!! Grr!! This is the one time I'm glad I only bought ONE! But you never know with them, one day they are there and the next day they are done.
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    This is the luckiest I have ever been when it comes to the gift boxes. I opened a total of 6 boxes. 1 box was free so I paid for 5 boxes at 40 K stars each (200 k stars spent). For 200 K stars, I got all four Weekend Event items, 40 K stars, and $4000 Kash. So, I'm only out 160 K stars for all four Weekend Event items.

80EF5ADB-76A1-4C72-A11E-763D01E995C4_zpsqn8nfosp.png
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Thanks so much Ali!!! I used this code and saved 15% on my iTunes "card" and then turned around and bought K stars that came with 25% more k stars. Now I'm spending them on items that are 50% off. Woo hoo!

I should have bought my iTunes card through PayPal rather then at the store. Oh well. I had to budget and it was a few weeks ago when I got it! :( but at least I have it now!!
  • Options
    Aw darn that PayPal offer is only for people in the US. How much savings is everything in total with this PayPal offer, KStars offer and Black Friday sale?
    PM to add
  • Options
    CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Starting off grinchy because I hate the hair. Yet again neither will ever be worn by me. Just not a short hair person. However The sale has driven to me to insanity. I'm worried I will sprains finger at this point. I'm sl so worried I'll have the whole wadrobe by the end of the event. Finally got my upgraded engagement ring! Sooooo excited for that.
  • Options
    iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    Cool outfit :cool:
    5nodv8.png
  • Options
    Aw darn that PayPal offer is only for people in the US. How much savings is everything in total with this PayPal offer, KStars offer and Black Friday sale?

With the PayPal discount and the extra K stars, it's a total of 32.5% savings over normal k star cost.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I feel like those who wish to, can certainly celebrate with us - everyone can give thanks, after all :)

So, I had a little too much spending fun this morning...But if there is a time to buy it's now, right?

I did not get the black hoop earrings in the winnables. I have the earnables and the 3 other winnables. I got a lot of energy bolts in the buyable gift boxes. So I went ahead and did the first 2 Kourtney gigs early. I thought that might be all of it, but there is at least one more. Some sort of promo gig.

I'm not ashamed to say that I got a lot of stuff, because this is my little splurge for myself and one of the pleasures of being grown is not to have to justify oneself to others ;) So I won't. I had fun, it supports this game, and that's all...

There were some things I still did not get. 2 Hairstyles and some of the jewelry, if I don't like it, then it's still a waste of K stars.
  • Options
    OMG. I'm going to buy baby swag!

It's a nice sale - and I fully showed up to support it. But, I was disappointed when I saw none of the baby items are included in the sale. No hair and no baby clothes.
  • Options
    With the PayPal discount and the extra K stars, it's a total of 32.5% savings over normal k star cost.

Oh wow! That's awesome.

If only I were in the US.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    This is why I truly hate gambling. Ugh! Why do I have to win free cash inside of my freebie weekend event gift box? And this is what I win on a second week on a row⁉ All I'm gonna get is the shoes and that's about it.

Screenshot_2015_11_26_11_05_40_1.png

Screenshot_2015_11_26_11_08_24_1.png

image hosting over 10mb
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Koko asked us to put out some food and drinks...I haven't read the whole thread but hey it's a holiday so no such thing as too much of a good thing, RIGHT? :)

Everyone is welcome! Gather round and join in!

A Thanksgiving feast:

GKqC5zn.png

And for the vegetarians:

bQ12mDa.png

Something to wash it down with!

mF68ujU.png

2Z9wUjz.png

jjZrsRd.png

Non alcoholic so everyone can taste... but the 'cabinet' is that way, if you wanted to add something of your own.

Cheers and a Happy Thanksgiving and fun sale to everyone.
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    This is why I truly hate gambling. Ugh! Why do I have to win free cash inside of my freebie weekend event gift box? And this is what I win on a second week on a row⁉ All I'm gonna get is the shoes and that's about it.

Screenshot_2015_11_26_11_05_40_1.png

Screenshot_2015_11_26_11_08_24_1.png

image hosting over 10mb
    Better than the weird pair of beige trousers I got in mine. At least you can spend the cash on something nice xD
  • Options
    I got the beige trousers in one of the attempts to win a winnable...I also got a blue print shorts one piece thing (romper?)

I like those baggy sweatpant trouser things so that was OK by me. I like winning clothes, even if I had to pay 40 Kstar.

But I wish everyone who wanted things would win them...I'm going to add my suggestion about Christmas gifting again. I have posted it once or twice but I will go post a reminder. Most people have nothing left to gift, they either buy it or it cannot be gifted.
  • Options
    Dot those food look delicious, even though I'm usually not the healthiest.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Dot those food look delicious, even though I'm usually not the healthiest.

Thank you! You can load up on mashed potatoes and stuffing, then...Yum! I will save you some pie, too. Which is your favorite?
  • Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I feel like those who wish to, can certainly celebrate with us - everyone can give thanks, after all :)

So, I had a little too much spending fun this morning...But if there is a time to buy it's now, right?
    I'm not ashamed to say that I got a lot of stuff, because this is my little splurge for myself and one of the pleasures of being grown is not to have to justify oneself to others ;) So I won't. I had fun, it supports this game, and that's all...

There were some things I still did not get. 2 Hairstyles and some of the jewelry, if I don't like it, then it's still a waste of K stars.

This is definitely my gift to myself too. I've held off on several items because I wanted the sale price! It's a lot of fun to add them to my wardrobe.
    I'm not buying everything because I think some things aren't worth it, even at 50% off. I'm also passing on items that I know Dixie will never ever wear.

I'm disappointed the baby's wardrobe isn't on sale too. Those hairstyles are sooooo expensive that the only way I'm buying them is on sale.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Yes! In total agreement, Holly.

Some things I always thought were just too expensive and I didn't want them badly enough, or had something similar enough it was easy to pass by. But at half price? Suddenly things are a lot more appealing...

I still haven't gotten the 'mummy bandage' dresses yet. I have that in the bright blue, but it just doesn't seem to suit my doll. The sheer lace dresses with undies peeking through are not really her style either...I do like them on others, each doll is different!

I think I got all of the shoes, and all but 2 of the hair, and a few in the jewelry. Stars still add up even at half price, so I skipped most.

It's fun and it's not fattening. Can't say that about too many things! Lol

I do wish the baby things were on sale...that one headpiece at 125 K stars or whatever? :/
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts

Having friends from different cultures, I used to celebrate Thanksgiving at my friend's place in KSA. I believe in giving thanks on any opportunity possible. And yes, the greatest motivating factor is food! :D
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Charli wrote: »
    Having friends from different cultures, I used to celebrate Thanksgiving at my friend's place in KSA. I believe in giving thanks on any opportunity possible. And yes, the greatest motivating factor is food! :D

That's the spirit! Happy Thanksgiving Charli! :D
  • Options
    Thank you! You can load up on mashed potatoes and stuffing, then...Yum! I will save you some pie, too. Which is your favorite?

The meat in the first picture :p

I'm a meat person!
    PM to add
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Guys, I just did the first gig of the event and is one of those loooooooooong 6 hours gigs.

The game opened a window for me to not have to complete the next gigs since we need to meet a NPC before the next timer is triggered, so I don't wanna waste my time with unnecessary gigs to in the end there won't have any special prize.

If someone goes ahead with those gigs please let us know if there is something in the end!

Nai why don't you do one of those collages with the forum's dolls with a Thanksgiving theme?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!