Options

GLU - GIFT BOXES DURING EVENTS, Please remove "loser" prizes!!

Comments

• Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I just want to mention, that Glu is aware of the recent unhappiness regarding gift boxes, events and clothing. They're reading those threads, and will be deciding on any adjustments for the game in this regard. As always they welcome, and encourage honest discussion. I just wanted you to know, they are reading, and want to arrive at the optimum formula for the success of the game balanced with player satisfaction.

In in other words.....they're not going to give away the farm, but they do want us to want to play, and want us to enjoy it. And that's obvious in how we now get some love from our penny pinching spouses, in the form of free dates in some cases, and presents. And we complained about no return from SoChic London. Now we get cash and stars twice a week if we want to spend a morning and work for it. so please share your thoughts and constructive criticism, because they're reading our posts, and hearing our concerns.

Well, it's a nice thought that they're thinking about the situation!

I used to just adore this game, and I spent a pathetic amount of money on it, but it made me happy so I didn't worry about the guilty pleasure. Now, it makes me mad every single weekend to open up the gift boxes, and my new rule that I actually do follow is that I can buy one gift box a week if I reallllllly love something. But I never, ever, ever get the thing I wanted. It's a given that I won't get what I want, and it's a scam. Like everyone else, I often wouldn't get what I wanted if I spent hundreds and hundreds of Kstars at a time; it's a bottomless pit and a shameful ploy. Why not offer something that might be expensive but at least reaches a point where you automatically win if you buy enough? Opening only one gift box is stretching out the remaining Kstars I bought last year during a reduced-price sale. I seriously doubt that I'll ever buy more. I play the events half-heartedly. I'm not fond of this franchise anymore.

I used to wish for the best for Glu, and I was happy for their success because I wanted to play more fun stuff they might develop. Now, I'll spend my money on things that don't basically give me the finger once a week. Live and learn, I suppose.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Well, it's a nice thought that they're thinking about the situation!

I used to just adore this game, and I spent a pathetic amount of money on it, but it made me happy so I didn't worry about the guilty pleasure. Now, it makes me mad every single weekend to open up the gift boxes, and my new rule that I actually do follow is that I can buy one gift box a week if I reallllllly love something. But I never, ever, ever get the thing I wanted. It's a given that I won't get what I want, and it's a scam. Like everyone else, I often wouldn't get what I wanted if I spent hundreds and hundreds of Kstars at a time; it's a bottomless pit and a shameful ploy. Why not offer something that might be expensive but at least reaches a point where you automatically win if you buy enough? Opening only one gift box is stretching out the remaining Kstars I bought last year during a reduced-price sale. I seriously doubt that I'll ever buy more. I play the events half-heartedly. I'm not fond of this franchise anymore.

I used to wish for the best for Glu, and I was happy for their success because I wanted to play more fun stuff they might develop. Now, I'll spend my money on things that don't basically give me the finger once a week. Live and learn, I suppose.

Luz, this was really well-written. And several things I agree with.
  • Options
    But what's the point of gift boxes if you always "win"? Shouldn't it be a win/lose surprise?

So, what's the point of gift boxes if you always lose? Please tell that to my wallet.

Keep the people happy and they'll spend the money. It's that simple.
  • Options
    BobbieM wrote: »
    I really think that Glu WANTS us to play and enjoy the game, but sometimes from the backside it's harder then appears. Personally I would like to see these few feasible things:

• Event Gift Boxes - I'm still VERY upset about these, but, none the less, maybe some workable thoughts will help. Make these event items only. Maybe rather then showing is the 4 items that are related to the event leave that out and just make them items that we haven't seen. So take out the recolors and the items that are already in daily gift boxes. If you want to show us the 4 event items, make some special items that will be "event box extras" only. I know it's MY choice as a player to buy these boxes, but for almost $5 for an item it should be special. I hope you can agree. Save those recolored items and non-special items for the daily gift boxes. :0)

• Less Events - I do love the events every weekend but I think they are taking away from us getting wardrobe clothing and game play during the week. I rarely play during the week because I know I am going to be glued to my game all weekend.

• Clothing - When the game started the clothing was so beautiful and vibrant. I literally bought every single piece, even the K Star items. It was stuff the Kardashians wore! It was all beautiful, colorful and fun! Now the clothing is all very mono toned. It's all tans, browns, blacks. Add more color back. We also had more separates. Like tops and bottoms. Now we have all one piece with clothing, it's a shirt, skirt/pants and a jacket. Some of them are beautiful together, others not so much. This IS a game of fashion, so let us pair our pieces! The Balmain pieces were amazing to mix and match!! It would be great to see more trends for shoes also.. Gladiator sandals, boots, athletic shoes (you've given us the sports bras and yoga pants but no shoes to work out in).

• Please give the guys more options. I play 2 characters and one is male. The poor male characters in this game have very little to chose from. They deserve more hairstyles and clothing, just the way we (female characters) do.

• More facial features all around. All the dolls look so much the same. I know different body types would be hard to do, but you can make the clothing so that the dolls could have curves. We have a dress that when worn looks like the doll is very curvy with a tiny waist and curvy thighs. It's perfect. Gives us the option to have our dolls curvy without too much work on trying to make the doll shape curvy and then having to rework all the clothes to fit.

At the end of the day, I KNOW Glu really wants this game to evolve and they are trying to make our wishes come through. Having worked for an online game before on the backside, even small things are BIG. We have to have patience and understanding. And having had to work through a nasty bug with Glu Support because I didn't get any daily boxes, I know they are caring and compassionate. That doesn't mean I don't have moments were I want to blow all the steam at them, but rather then being so critical, say thank you for the things you've gotten. Keep adding suggestions to the suggestions thread (maybe the old one should be closed & a new one started - times have changed & many suggestions were burried). They are VERY nice people. They have a lot of different games, so something implemented in one game might not be what the audience of another game would like. Let's give them some Kudos for all that they have done. Instead of attaches, give them nice clean ideas.. They do see these boards and they do read them. If someone came at you screaming, would you listen?

Thank you Glu for everything thus far. I would love to see some changes implemented and hope you will take some of this serious. Happy players equals more money for you :0)

I do think that with many things Glu is well-intentioned. And I do think they want us to be happy, and happy playing the game. I also think that they read and consider all the things we write, request, whatever--I've literally seen it, not just the obvious things they do, but also the little things that other people seem not to notice or care about. Yet still, the events, earnables *and* their earnableness, and the event boxes should be better addressed.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I start to believe that these boxes are programmed for us to lose!

I will talk about my experience with the daily gift boxes!

I always thought I was super unlucky, because every day I pick up a random box and always get 4 energy bolts or a small amount of K$.

Sometimes I received K-stars.

Earlier this year I decided to open for a week always the same box.

I started with the first box of the pallet during the first week of the year, and I'm today opening the box 5 during this last week and still I always get 4 bolts or low K$, I got k-stars at the same rating that I got opening random boxes so...

But the biggest prizes are always there including in the boxes of previous weeks that always gave me small prizes.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    I'm really REALLY trying to give Glu the benefit of the doubt. I know they do care, but there are matters that need to be urgently addressed. I recently spend over 4 months with no daily gift boxes. Yet there I was every weekend supporting them, playing their events and buying K Stars. I worked through the daily gift boxes with Glu FINALLY and I was getting them daily for about 2 weeks and now they are gone again! It seems like whenever I do a soft reset on my phone to clear the junk, KKH goes haywire.

While the problem and reasoning for this thread is/was the horrible event gift boxes there are a few other things that I think could be worked on to make the game more enjoyable and once that is fixed they can start the smaller things we are asking for. NONE of what we are asking for is big things. They are all small changes and things that would make the game more enjoyable (aka GLU is to the game - lol). I listed in bulletproof above and those seem to be the big complaints.

• Another thing I forgot to mention is the comebacks. Those of us that have completed the comebacks have nothing more to look forward to. Add another set of comebacks! People will grind to be on top! You added more fans, but giving us more fans doesn't really do anything for is. Add more comebacks! Franchise Owner (we own 3 stores, make that something), etc.

• Allow us to do lunch dates with our friends. Right now the minute we do a lunch date they are no longer friends they are lovers. The only way to "hang out" with friends is to have a party.

• We've asked for a park. We can picnic without babies. Right now the baby can't leave the nursery. Let us engage with the babies!

• My last thing and I've said this multiple times is the backgrounds. Glu you failed us on NYE, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, we asked for a park, you could do seasons (winter, spring, summer/pool, fall). These are super easy to do and we begged for them, yet we got nothing. And the Valentines Fay ones we got now are sub-par compared to the others we have. What happened?
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    I start to believe that these boxes are programmed for us to lose!

I will talk about my experience with the daily gift boxes!

I always thought I was super unlucky, because every day I pick up a random box and always get 4 energy bolts or a small amount of K$.

Sometimes I received K-stars.

Earlier this year I decided to open for a week always the same box.

I started with the first box of the pallet during the first week of the year, and I'm today opening the box 5 during this last week and still I always get 4 bolts or low K$, I got k-stars at the same rating that I got opening random boxes so...

But the biggest prizes are always there including in the boxes of previous weeks that always gave me small prizes.

I tried this too. And I still failed to get a "good" prize!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I have to agree 100% on this thread Bobbie. Whenever I get the chance to open up my freebie weekend event gift box, I absolutely hate the pressure of being forced to choose any random box on both of my games. Winning $4,000, 50 energy bolts, and out-of-style recolored daily clothing irritates me the most. It's such a lame prize to win and extremely humiliating. Ugh!
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    image_zpsjc1by7bh.png

Oh nice!!! I always wanted those sub-sexy white pumps!! I can pair them with the mustard yellow yoga pants and sky blue sports bra, then send my doll on a gig to film the latest installment of "People at Walmart: What Doesn't Kill You, Can Hurt Your Eyes."

Good lookin' out, Glu!
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    image_zpsjc1by7bh.png

Oh nice!!! I always wanted those sub-sexy white pumps!! I can pair them with the mustard yellow yoga pants and sky blue sports bra, then send my doll on a gig to film the latest installment of "People at Walmart: What Doesn't Kill You, Can Hurt Your Eyes."

Good lookin' out, Glu!

Your box is just like mine. Shoes & purse, but no dress or hair. Chance to win my backside.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    Nisha300Nisha300 Registered Users 347 Posts
    I don't understand I opened 7 different palettes and there was only ONE weekend event giftbox item available (they were the shoes which i was lucky enough to win thank god)

How can I open SEVEN different palettes and NEVER SEE THE DRESS HAIR OR PURSE IN ANY OF THOSE?
  • Options
    Nisha300Nisha300 Registered Users 347 Posts
    When the game first started almost all of the giftbox items would be in a palette so you at least had a REAL chance of winning one and if you picked the wrong box it was OK because you felt like you got a fair chance at it
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    All 3 games of mine are the proud owners of said ruffled mustard shirt, Billy Cyrus hair, and a couple of sports bras. Good news...once you get these bad prizes,,you can't get them again The gift boxes are exciting and disappointing at the same time. I have a weakness when it comes to AppleP, but the androids get 3 boxes, if the boxes are friendly I buy more.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    I'm with you on this one, some stuff is just too frustrating. Spending around 600 kstars and having 2/4 items is ridiculous to me. My boxes were filed with the daily gift items, I'm just in awe. This is the first time ever I actually decided to go crazy on the boxes and I'm definitely not inclined to do it ever again. I mean how much money exactly are we expeted to spend every week at this level?
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    image_zpsjc1by7bh.png

Good lookin' out, Glu!

That was hilarious! I'm sorry your box sucked.. I got those same shoes this weekend and didn't try for anything else after that. I actually had a really good pallet this time, but picked the wrong box. I can't remember the last time I had 3 event items in one pallet!
    [EMAIL="[URL=http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/bellarose08/media/Mobile Uploads/1638171C-C148-46A9-B18F-FBA7DB2002BB.png.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q636/bellarose08/Mobile Uploads/1638171C-C148-46A9-B18F-FBA7DB2002BB.png.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]"][/email]1638171C-C148-46A9-B18F-FBA7DB2002BB.png.jpeg
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    I actually kinda am okay with the 4000 kash prize. I see a lot of people liking the energy over kash... but I hate the 50 energy more. Sure it's instant energy, but I can get 50 energy in like 20 minutes of tapping around, however it takes like a day or two to amass 4000 kash.

And I hate that the prizes "break even". If they MUST keep these **** prizes, Make it like +5000 Kash, +60 energy, and +45 k-stars so we aren't ending up in a draw every time in what we pay REAL money for.
  • Options
    LorenLoren Registered Users 4 Posts
    I'M really really upset because I spent around 400 k-stars trying to get the dress on black gift boxes in the VIP Event (February 6th) but it never was in any boxes. They mix regular clothes instead of putting only event items. You try to get something that will never be there. 😡👎😩
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    image_zpsjc1by7bh.png

Good lookin' out, Glu!
    ROTFLMFAO!!! I love the PAW site. I'm always disappointed when the Walmart near my house doesn't have trashier looking customers. Btw, I am now a proud owner of all the sport bras/ high waisted yoga pants set in every color. That and all those daily giftbox Edwardian shirts, in every color as well. All that by chasing an event hair I never got. It was horrendous.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    ROTFLMFAO!!! I love the PAW site. I'm always disappointed when the Walmart near my house doesn't have trashier looking customers. Btw, I am now a proud owner of all the sport bras/ high waisted yoga pants set in every color. That and all those daily giftbox Edwardian shirts, in every color as well. All that by chasing an event hair I never got. It was horrendous.

That sucks, but at least you don't have to worry about "winning" them in event boxes anymore :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    Cilan wrote: »
    I actually kinda am okay with the 4000 kash prize. I see a lot of people liking the energy over kash... but I hate the 50 energy more. Sure it's instant energy, but I can get 50 energy in like 20 minutes of tapping around, however it takes like a day or two to amass 4000 kash.

And I hate that the prizes "break even". If they MUST keep these **** prizes, Make it like +5000 Kash, +60 energy, and +45 k-stars so we aren't ending up in a draw every time in what we pay REAL money for.

The thing with 50 energy though is that your bar wil never hold more tune 34 (or 37 if you have acomeback). And you sp my a lot going from plac to place. Okay if you have a car and it's $0 but then the flying costs money.
    image_zpsjc1by7bh.png

Good lookin' out, Glu!

This is super ****py. And only 2 event items were even in there. The rest is in the daily boxes!

Nisha300 wrote: »
    I don't understand I opened 7 different palettes and there was only ONE weekend event giftbox item available (they were the shoes which i was lucky enough to win thank god)

How can I open SEVEN different palettes and NEVER SEE THE DRESS HAIR OR PURSE IN ANY OF THOSE?

This is my BIGGEST issue with the boxes. This weekend I bought 6 boss (2 palettes) and won the purse and the shoes. Normlly I'd spend more but not anymore. After the bad boxes; no more from me until they fix them.
  • Options
    That sucks, but at least you don't have to worry about "winning" them in event boxes anymore :)

That's a good way to look on the bright side of it. I hope the event boxes get better, however, in the meantime I hope to collect the daily box prizes (haven't gotten the THOT mullet yet) during the week, so that I don't have to keep "winning" them on the weekends.
  • Options
    That's a good way to look on the bright side of it. I hope the event boxes get better, however, in the meantime I hope to collect the daily box prizes (haven't gotten the THOT mullet yet) during the week, so that I don't have to keep "winning" them on the weekends.
    Yeah, I definitely hear you. The THOT mullet!! Hahahaha OMG I love that phrase ���� I was lucky enough to win that one when I first started playing! Haven't used it since haha. Maybe I should wear it for a while so everyone will be like "what is she doing?!" Haha I guess I'm just a weirdo :)
    XoXo
  • Options

Omg!! What is the THOT mullet (picture please)? LMAO!!
  • Options
    Omg!! What is the THOT mullet (picture please)? LMAO!!

Haha! I have been looking for a picture of it. It's the giftbox shag that looks like Stevie Wonder cut and styled it after spinning in a circle 100 times, and downing a dozen shots of Don Q. Nobody ever wears it. I think that hair should come with a set of rotten and missing teeth, a social worker, and a drug habit.

Edit: Found it! I grabbed it from Carol's post.

image_zpsweojm73k.png
  • Options
    Haha! I have been looking for a picture of it. It's the giftbox shag that looks like Stevie Wonder cut and styled it after spinning in a circle 100 times, and downing a dozen shots of Don Q. Nobody ever wears it. I think that hair should come with a set of rotten and missing teeth, a social worker, and a drug habit.

image_zpsweojm73k.png

Holy shiz! Hahahahaha! Omg, omg, omg, I'm laughing my head off!

Plus, true--tf with this nasty style? I hated it when I got it and so did my doll, ugh!
  • Options
    The thing with 50 energy though is that your bar wil never hold more tune 34 (or 37 if you have acomeback). And you sp my a lot going from plac to place. Okay if you have a car and it's $0 but then the flying costs money.

This is super ****py. And only 2 event items were even in there. The rest is in the daily boxes!

This is my BIGGEST issue with the boxes. This weekend I bought 6 boss (2 palettes) and won the purse and the shoes. Normlly I'd spend more but not anymore. After the bad boxes; no more from me until they fix them.

When I win energy, from Industry, say, or get them in a gift box, they always add to my total energy, regardless if it's an additional 5, 7, or 50 points....
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

image_zpsweojm73k.png

Lol there's so many dolls on my games that look ratchet and that hairstyle looks like raggedy Ann haha
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    It does look ratchet. I think Glu should re-imagine this style. It has some potential....ummm...maybe not. Haha!
  • Options
    Y'all nailed the name on that. I have the style. I hate it. I wish you could delete permanently out of your closet because that needs to do. Every time I see it I'm like.. REALLY?! Kim is letting that masterpiece shine in her game. ?!!