Options

GLU - GIFT BOXES DURING EVENTS, Please remove "loser" prizes!!

13Next

Comments

• Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Hi! I'm new here in the forum. Just wanted to express my frustration about those weekend giftboxes. I never get the item I wish for, always manage to open the wrong one! Extremely mad make me those energy bolts- I think they don't belong in weekend giftboxes. Greetings
    Android
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Welcome to the forum, Rumpelstilzchen. I think we've all experienced your frustration at one time or another. Energy doesn't upset me quite like the $4000 does. I look at energy as time I don't have to spend grinding around looking for the bonus energy bolts, but it is disappointing missing out on the weekend bonus items. I hope you have better luck next time around. It is inevitable that you will win something sooner or later!
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. I'm sorry you feel this way Rumpelstiltzchen, ChicCharlotte is right, we've all gone crazy and been upset over the whole 'chance' aspect of the gift boxes.

I'm going to merge this with a very packed thread on this very subject. You'll find you're not alone, and it will bump up that thread to the forefront again.

Welcome, and my best plan is to decide how many boxes I'll let my games have, take those, and walk away. I've chased items, spent too many stars and got everything but what I wanted. It's part of the game, and unless it changes, all we can do is complain about it.

And Charlotte, you are as lovely as your name. You are so sweet and encouraging. And you're right, the more you play, you get a rhythm with the boxes.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Hi. I'm sorry you feel this way Rumpelstiltzchen, ChicCharlotte is right, we've all gone crazy and been upset over the whole 'chance' aspect of the gift boxes.

I'm going to merge this with a very packed thread on this very subject. You'll find you're not alone, and it will bump up that thread to the forefront again.

Welcome, and my best plan is to decide how many boxes I'll let my games have, take those, and walk away. I've chased items, spent too many stars and got everything but what I wanted. It's part of the game, and unless it changes, all we can do is complain about it.

And Charlotte, you are as lovely as your name. You are so sweet and encouraging. And you're right, the more you play, you get a rhythm with the boxes.

Thank you, Koko. That is sweet of you to say. :) Encouragement was easy when I was still in the afterglow of winning the hair in my event box last weekend. I'm feeling the OP's frustration a bit now as I received the every day box beige romper in my event box this weekend. lol.. Fingers crossed for next weekend! I am just glad the update finally came for Kindle users. I was trying to justify in my head requesting an iPad for my next birthday when the reality is the Kindle does everything I need it to otherwise. It's a relief to be back in the game (but I do hate missing out on event items!). ;-)
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    Eternallove99Eternallove99 Registered Users 39 Posts
    I learned my lesson with this, I only open the "free" gift box on weekends now and have been doing that for months, not even competing in some of the VIP events as the items have been so bland and I dont like them as I see them as a cash in BUT hairstyles are my weakness with this game and if I like a hairstyle I do tend to chase it more than I should, but I have to say I have been luckier than some people on the forum, yes I got rubbish boxes but I do tend to get the thing I am wanting without spending too much, where as some people are saying they spend 500 odd stars without getting their item, and I have managed 2 or 3 times to get the hairstyle in my free box

However I noticed I was spending too much on the game, so i decided to stop and only gett the free box from now on, but they have caught me out 3 times since, the week with the Queen of Hearts hair and dress I loved everything, I stopped before getting the shoes though, and the Xmas one with the red dress and the confetti dress, I bought 2 star packs to get them, and this weekend I had almost 300 stars I am down to 50 chasing this weekends hair which I luckily got on my 3rd round of boxes (which i only went for because I got 40 stars in the last of my 2nd round of boxes 3rd round of boxes I said to myself to only 1 box more cause I got the free stars and I want to have some starts left and I got the hair thankfully. I got what I wanted but I still felt bad for in my eyes wasting carefully guarded K Stars where I got 2 event items, 1 40 stars and the rest normal gift box items which are not even nice,

I wouldnt mind non event items being in the boxes if they were good K Star Items from the wardrobe like some of the hairstyles that you have to buy for K Stars not the normal gift box items. I actually resent the VIP events now as it seems just greedy on Glu's side, to get the full outfit you have to spend 300-500 K Stars and then chase items in gift boxes too, I very rarely take part in these unless I like the gift box hairstyle and I will buy enough to get 1 free box to at least attempt to get it, but I stop there with that. I think they should offer a pack for the VIP event like the Kylie and Kendell game just offered a gold dress energy and K diamonds for £3.99 and I bought it because i thought it was a good deal and I felt like I had something to show for my money rather than ending up feeling guilty for wasting money on a game chasing items. I have done the same on Kims game with Khloe's birthday offer and Kims outfit offer (that was for the hairstyle more than the outfit) I felt better with that, Glu are getting money, you are spending a specific amount and are happy with the game instead of feeling annoyed and guilty