Options

New update 3/7 - 4.8.0

Comments

• Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Whoohoo, they kept Nappa Valley and Big Sur!! I'm so buying that cute puppy during the first VIP event!
    And they added level 49! Happy!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    I actually like the first dress and the last dress. But I hate the middle one though. It looks like a sparkling nightgown haha

Same here, love the first and last dress. Not too keen on the middle. Also love this black and white one

882F59D4-9329-402F-AAB8-E2B29DF74D61_zpskz0wa5ar.jpg

Mykonos is a really pretty location but I wish it included the gorgeous, sparkling blue sea! Nice update, I can't wait for St Patrick's day. I went to uni Galway on the west coast for 5 years and my mum's Dad was Irish so I always look forward to Paddys Day :) (I see you call it St Pattys in the US, is that right?)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Aww trevor. I feel so bad for the guys. As far as women's clothes....I like some of the things. AppleP stopped off in Greece between LAX and Santa Barbara, and bought the new home. Peeked at the pet. So cute. Is this alledgedy a VIP, a Party Week? Anyone have any idea? The Kitty is so so cute.

Koko! Please, please, please could you post a pic of the new kitty?! You know this crazy cat lady needs all the kitties in the game lol :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Whoohoo, they kept Nappa Valley and Big Sur!! I'm so buying that cute puppy during the first VIP event!

Yay the petition worked! Hip hip hurray!☺😊
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh no crazy cat lady is back! At least her hair is really good!

Level 49 here I go!

Not a popular opinion, but I'm done with Nappa and Big Sur! For me they just are two more places to scroll down the list...

#lazy
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Ok, but there are plenty of nice male clothing on the spring app. This just proves that Glu values their female customers more (which I guess is understandable since there are more female players). But still, every time (except for Balmain) Glu has partnered with another company, all of the clothes have been for females.

Is it really that hard to design some clothing for the guys?

I feel so sorry for the male players on this game that are not getting new clothing. I don't understand why there's discrimination towards the male players. I think that all players should be treated equally regardless of his/her gender.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Vats wrote: »
    Oh no crazy cat lady is back! At least her hair is really good!

Level 49 here I go!

Not a popular opinion, but I'm done with Nappa and Big Sur! For me they just are two more places to scroll down the list...

#lazy

Looool Vats!!! and thank you <3
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    AmyT wrote: »
    Love some of the clothes, but I'll wait for a VIP to buy any Kstar items.

The little leather jacket would look so good with this skirt, can't wait to buy it. Just bought the skirt and bracelet so far.
    D1EAFE75-7B02-40FB-ACEF-FA4F412EC43E_zpsog9dx5aw.jpg

The first outfit would look more better if my doll owned boots, but I had bad luck with my freebie gift box from the previous weekend event.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Ok, but there are plenty of nice male clothing on the spring app. This just proves that Glu values their female customers more (which I guess is understandable since there are more female players). But still, every time (except for Balmain) Glu has partnered with another company, all of the clothes have been for females.

Is it really that hard to design some clothing for the guys?

The thing is is not only man that have male characters. I mean, many of us like to play with both, make our own female character partners, etc. It's pretty obvious, you don't have to be a man to like playing with cars. Geez, the sexism in that makes me see red.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Apparently we're going to have new mid-week events! However what I really want is a throwback sale!

Hope they fixed the Android's glitch and now spouses start to pay for dates!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    suplangdonsuplangdon Registered Users 215 Posts
    Omg what a disappointing update. Terrible hair, clothes and don't even get me started on the shoes and accesories. I mean look at this...
    image_zpsqypaggkc.jpeg
    I'm sick of seeing that length of dress like the first one. What dress is ankle length?!?! Second dress is just a sequinned bath mat. And the last one looks like I could use as a tent if I need shelter for the night.
    If this was supposed to convince us to download that Spring app, sorry but I think it backfired. Think I'll download it just to give it a ****ty review cause I'm bitter like that :D

Yeah I actually LOVE the first dress. Will definitely wait for a VIP event to use some of the gems I've been saving. I feel like 45 gems is not bad for that dress, there are lots of uglier items in general that are more than that.

Don't know how I feel about mid week events. Spent so much time on the Kendall and Kylie event this week that I was burnt out on tappables and didn't even make it to the shoes this weekend (which stinks because the earnables were so cute). Got a very busy two weeks ahead of me as well so I guess we'll just have to see what these new events bring!
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    The thing is is not only man that have male characters. I mean, many of us like to play with both, make our own female character partners, etc. It's pretty obvious, you don't have to be a man to like playing with cars. Geez, the sexism in that makes me see red.

Obviously there are girls with guy games and guys with girl games, that's not what I'm getting at. I could care less about your gender. I would think it is safe to say, however, that there are fewer players with a male avatar than a female avatar, regardless of the person operating the game. Therefore, Glu is obviously favoring the bigger percentile of its customers and completely disregarding the minority (male AVATARS).

I can't remember the last time the male AVATARS got a sale on K-stars or Kim-pick item, or more than 7+ items in an update. Recently, all of the updates have been targeted towards female AVATARS and offering them designer clothing.

I wish I could've just started as a girl doll in the beginning, but I've made too much progress now and I don't have another device to play on.

Edit: and furthermore, I don't know where you got the whole "manly man playing with cars" thing from my original post. I'm playing a fashion game, so I wouldn't likely be stereotyped into the societally constructed image of a "manly man", nor would I support the assumption that one's "manliness" is determined on their involvement in stereotypically "manly things". Maybe, next time you should re-read the post instead of drawing false statements and accusations from thin air.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    Obviously there are girls with guy games and guys with girl games, that's not what I'm getting at. I could care less about your gender. I would think it is safe to say, however, that there are fewer players with a male avatar than a female avatar, regardless of the person operating the game. Therefore, Glu is obviously favoring the bigger percentile of its customers and completely disregarding the minority (male AVATARS).

I can't remember the last time the male AVATARS got a sale on K-stars or Kim-pick item, or more than 7+ items in an update. Recently, all of the updates have been targeted towards female AVATARS and offering them designer clothing.

I wish I could've just started as a girl doll in the beginning, but I've made too much progress now and I don't have another device to play on.

Edit: and furthermore, I don't know where you got the whole "manly man playing with cars" thing from my original post. I'm playing a fashion game, so I wouldn't likely be stereotyped into the societally constructed image of a "manly man", nor would I support the assumption that one's "manliness" is determined on their involvement in stereotypically "manly things". Maybe, next time you should re-read the post instead of drawing false statements and accusations from thin air.

I think stardust is agreeing with you. She is saying that she wishes there were more male items because some female players also like to play male avatars.
  • Options

Omg yes! I understand. And what I said was aimed at Glu of course. Maybe if they pay attention to the male characters they would be able to increase the population that targets those characters, but the male characters are...just there. I for example started a male character on Android because I only knew about the app on facebook and I started a female there first. When I saw I could play on android, I thought 'mmmhh I can have her boyfriend there with other facebook account' and I created Garrett without knowing they would never be able to meet. Just because I thought, well is KK I'm sure she will have her app link to facebook just as everyother app in the universe...I can play whenever and in whatever device and see my progress. Not so much. So now I'm here just for the fun. I'm sure I would've forgot about the game if it weren't for this forum. You guys make me want to comeback and play!.

Edit: I guess your addition works for the both of us...
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
  • Options
    suplangdon wrote: »
    I think stardust is agreeing with you. She is saying that she wishes there were more male items because some female players also like to play male avatars.

THIS! I would love,,love more things to make G more handsome lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
  • Options

Also, how would you make a male character for your female character? Do you use different devices? How do you find yourself in the game? Would love to do this using my iPad lol
  • Options
    suplangdon wrote: »
    Also, how would you make a male character for your female character? Do you use different devices? How do you find yourself in the game? Would love to do this using my iPad lol

Yes...many people here play in their ipads/tablets and phones, different G+ accounts, different characters. Then you befriend your character and make babies lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Bought kitty so AmyT can say hi to spritzle.
    8BD87289-0500-49EB-BA3D-4AC0B7D3BCE5_zpsav6bexo7.jpg
    ETA: How does Spyros turn into spritzle? Spritzle isn't even a word. lol. Meet Spyros. I couldn't wait for the VIP. Oh, I'll go pet him and see what he does. And it was the uncropped picture, so you couldn't really see the Kat very well. He is adorable. And that's Fab, AppleP's hubby. And I love the home in Greece. Can't wait to decorate. But 70K. Ouch.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Yes...many people here play in their ipads/tablets and phones, different G+ accounts, different characters. Then you befriend your character and make babies lol.

Omg I didn't realize I could sign into a different Game Center account on my iPad from my phone and do it that way. Omg I'm going to be playing my new male avatars ALL night on both KKH and K&K
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »
    Same here, love the first and last dress. Not too keen on the middle. Also love this black and white one

882F59D4-9329-402F-AAB8-E2B29DF74D61_zpskz0wa5ar.jpg

Mykonos is a really pretty location but I wish it included the gorgeous, sparkling blue sea! Nice update, I can't wait for St Patrick's day. I went to uni Galway on the west coast for 5 years and my mum's Dad was Irish so I always look forward to Paddys Day :) (I see you call it St Pattys in the US, is that right?)

Maybe because Padraig is Gaelic, while Patrick is not, thus a real Irish would say Paddy. ;)
  • Options
    Omg what a disappointing update. Terrible hair, clothes and don't even get me started on the shoes and accesories. I mean look at this...
    image_zpsqypaggkc.jpeg
    I'm sick of seeing that length of dress like the first one. What dress is ankle length?!?! Second dress is just a sequinned bath mat. And the last one looks like I could use as a tent if I need shelter for the night.
    If this was supposed to convince us to download that Spring app, sorry but I think it backfired. Think I'll download it just to give it a ****ty review cause I'm bitter like that :D

I agree, these dresses are ugly af. The red cutout would be way better if it were way shorter. But it's not. I loved your last line here, laughed my fn a$$ off.
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    If it wasn't for this forum, I would probably go days without realizing there was an update.

Not in love with the new hair, but like a few clothes. How in the world would you even begin the fashion that skirt though? Love the new earrings, hope we get an outfit for those on a weekend.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Nothing for Android yet... ack! Do the guys get a new hairstyle too? :(
  • Options
    This is the update thread, so let's talk about the update?

(Sorry to pull the Back to topic card, so here. have a snack and let's talk about that adorable Cat for only 45Stars!)
    Muphins.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Personally, I'm not a fan of the super short almost Amber Rose hair. It looks very undefined. kinda like John Travolta's hair before the transplants or whatever worked, and it looked like flocked Ken Doll hair. I'll look for pics. Had it more like Ambers, I'd be wearing it with the biggest earrings I could find.

Update_Hair.jpg

This is actual size off my nearly 3000pixel wide screenshot, so it looks better here, but no one's game makes it look this big.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Android update is out! :)
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Options
    More often than not, isabeau just can't leave without buying *something*!

image_zpsmn5wlqbr.jpeg

image_zpscq6hfrv2.jpeg

image_zpsejggzodz.jpeg

I got the black-and-white dress for personal reasons--rickrack, ginormous though it is, has sentimental reasons for me, about people long dead. Weird, I know; nevertheless. I really liked the jacket and cool--izzat a cuff bracelet or a bracer?--at any rate, finally another silver piece; finally another silver bracelet; and thank you, Glu, for a piece of "other hand (wrist) jewelry"! The large handbag, well...pink. I think I'll just get only the green skirt further, but I tried styling it for so long I finally gave up for now. There really aren't any tops that suit it.
  • Options
    And here's the Ken I was talking about. My friends mom had a collection, till Laurie got hold of it and gave him a shampoo. lol.

vintage_ken_doll_flocked_hair_blonde_with_swimwe.jpg

And travolta................

travolta.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Just got the Android update and like usual, 1-2 pieces in each section ONLY for the guys and NONE of the "Spring" clothes. Plus another one section house with a location that reuses the same music as the last 4 "new locations".... lol... New soundtrack needed much?

I was so excited for the update, but now I'm just angry. xD
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    More often than not, isabeau just can't leave without buying *something*!

image_zpsmn5wlqbr.jpeg

image_zpscq6hfrv2.jpeg

image_zpsejggzodz.jpeg

I got the black-and-white dress for personal reasons--rickrack, ginormous though it is, has sentimental reasons for me, about people long dead. Weird, I know; nevertheless. I really liked the jacket and cool--izzat a cuff bracelet or a bracer?--at any rate, finally another silver piece; finally another silver bracelet; and thank you, Glu, for a piece of "other hand (wrist) jewelry"! The large handbag, well...pink. I think I'll just get only the green skirt further, but I tried styling it for so long I finally gave up for now. There really aren't any tops that suit it.

I immediately bought the house, the cat and the Black and white dress. Saw it and fell in love. :) I have my eye on other things, and that was just AppleP. Taking the Android updates now. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary