Options

Monday, Monday. What will this week bring?

12346Next

Comments

• Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    It's absolutely work. And a lot of time. And so yes, in those ways they definitely aren't "free." And I love that Glu has given this to us. More so, I have to say I'm pretty happy with the nine boxes all told that I've gotten to open with the throwback events so far, and I look forward to this event every week now. *Hopefully* every week. :) I adore surprises, and each of the items I've gotten has been hard won because you so have to grind for it and it's during the week. There's only one thing I've gotten that I can do without, an outfit with a coat over it; but still it's nice, just not my style. And I don't appreciate it any less either; my doll has worn it a few times. I'm very happy for the opportunity to earn the throwbacks, and everything that I've gotten. It's all just a really nice, big gift. Also, I agree with several of Vats' points, and Kayla's comment about having bought a tb box in the past, 60 stars, and getting a Santa hat. I would be hugely disappointed, possibly upset as well. 60 stars + Santa hat = NO. :( Anyway, if there are some sour grapes and malcontents over not getting "granted" the opportunity to buy additional boxes then maybe those people might prefer not to participate in the events altogether. You know. If you're so bi*ched about it.
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    It's absolutely work. And a lot of time. And so yes, in those ways they definitely aren't "free." And I love that Glu has given this to us. More so, I have to say I'm pretty happy with the nine boxes all told that I've gotten to open with the throwback events so far, and I look forward to this event every week now. *Hopefully* every week. :) I adore surprises, and each of the items I've gotten has been hard won because you so have to grind for it and it's during the week. There's only one thing I've gotten that I can do without, an outfit with a coat over it; but still it's nice, just not my style. And I don't appreciate it any less either; my doll has worn it a few times. I'm very happy for the opportunity to earn the throwbacks, and everything that I've gotten. It's all just a really nice, big gift. Also, I agree with several of Vats' points, and Kayla's comment about having bought a tb box in the past, 60 stars, and getting a Santa hat. I would be hugely disappointed, possibly upset as well. 60 stars + Santa hat = NO. :( Anyway, if there are some sour grapes and malcontents over not getting "granted" the opportunity to buy additional boxes then maybe those people might prefer not to participate in the events altogether. You know. If you're so bi*ched about it.
    Me too. If we are having this every weekday then I will surely grind. I can never finish up more than two boxes though. I'm way too busy during the week with work so any grinding at all is before and after work which totally sucks.

Thus far I've gotten a leopard print dress and some generic strappy gold shoes. I'm still ok with it because it's better than nothing. I want the big Christmas hair though and the Marilyn Monroe eyes, and the calico cat purse. If got that then I'd be set.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't playing the game take time and effort? That doesn't equate cost.

People were complaining the there was nothing to do during the week. People were complaining they wanted throwbacks, and didn't want to have to pay 60Stars and get what we consider clunkers. So Glu gave us an event in midweek - that costs us nothing other than playing abd gives us the opportunity to choose up to 4 items, at no cost other than regular playing.

So, I don't think the complaints are justified, and I just want to say thank you Glu. I love this new midweek thing, and I hope we have one on Tuesday. And I'm not in the minority on this.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    EmcatEmcat Registered Users 135 Posts
    The only reason I am frustrated that we can't buy throwback boxes is because in the previous two events we could, but many people didn't have stars to spare. I never buy stars, so I was caught off guard by the first two throwback sales. In anticipation of throwback sale #3, I saved stars for months and months and months, thinking the next throwback would be like the first two. I could have been spending stars on event boxes or VIP events but because I knew there were specific throwback items that I want more than anything else, I wanted to have as many stars as possible to be able to open as many boxes as possible when the time came. While I am so grateful that we can earn free boxes, have no problem with it, and see no need to "just not participate"(?!?), I am just a little frustrated that Glu can "change the rules" whenever they want. That's totally their prerogative and I understand that it gives more people opportunity to participate but I don't think it's fair to say that people aren't allowed to be frustrated about this.
  • Options
    Emcat, thanks for shedding light on another view. But you can't think of it as Glu changing the rules. They are constantly developing and tweaking the game. If the Throwback Sales worked in some respects but not in others, why wouldn't Glu take the good - making old event items available, and add it to another good - giving bored players something to do midweek to make a new Event. It's not like we'd been having Throwback Sales since the games inception. There were 2. And if changing the rules makes something available to more people, then it's good.

I have to read back and see if I said someone can just not participate, to try and bring context into it. brb.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't playing the game take time and effort? That doesn't equate cost.

It doesn't, not on the scenario that you brought.

Once we were talking here about the benefits of adopting a baby, and one of those benefits is saving time. Then each person decides what is more valuable to them money or time.

The part where I mentioned equality, was about to can choose or not, like 'Can I adopt a baby?'

Hope you understand what I meant!

People have different opinions and I think they all fit in this forum as long as people respect and not harm others because they think differently.

I think it's common sense that the majority of people detest the K$ in the boxes, but someone can come here and say he/she loves it and thank Glu for that. And it's ok!

And that serves as a feedback for Glu, which is who will always have the final say.

When I ask something here for example is just to add and not in order to eliminate anything:).
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Ok, found what Emcat was referencing, I was posting at the same time, or from an old page and didn't see it. First off, no one is to be telling anyone to be quiet. Every opinion and view is appreciated. Unless someone shows themselves to be hacking and obnoxious, and then it's open season to tell them to have a seat.

I saw upset posters saying how now they had to grind during the week and I remember thinking to myself, if you don't normally play during the week, then there's no gun to anyone's head. And if you play just a little, play your regular weekday amount and win a prize, you wouldn't have won if the Throwback Event if there was no Event.

I believe Isabeau was addressing the complainers in a general manner and no one specifically. But so many points were right on. There will always be opportunities to spend stars and get things in the game. When something rolls out that isn't a 'Spend more Stars Spend more Real Cash" kind of event the majority of the players were happy. If I spend 300 or 600 Stars on Giftboxes one week, trying to get the Green St. Patricks Dress to no avail, I'm thrilled with a chance to recoup my losses and win the dress through the tapping of fingers while I play a little harder during the week. I already spet the 500 Stars trying for the dress. I don't need to be doubling or tripling that amount for more tries. And when people want this last chance removed, it upsets us.

As it stands now, there have been two Throwback Sales, and 2 Throwback Events. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was hoping against hope that there is another on Tuesday. I spend money on the game. Yes. But, if I have a chance to get some things at no star cost, I have more stars to throw around on the Weekend Events.

But everyone gets to voice their opinions. What good is a forum if people can't speak their minds in a respectful manner? Emphasis on Everyone, and Respectful. Hate the situation, not the member.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Goodness, the lectures. Interjecting to ask: Are the people who say they can "see" the files able to do this because they have hacked games? I was hoping the reason was because they played on Android and saw the files in their Downloads folder. I keep meaning to try to see if I can do that. But if they are just hackers, then I suppose there must be another way they are viewing the files.
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I actually like being able to earn the throwback boxes during the mid-week events. If people keep complaining they might just remove it altogether... There's PLENTY of things to spend kstars on in this game so I'm actually surprised people would rather pay to open as many throwback boxes as they want rather than earn them.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I actually like being able to earn the throwback boxes during the mid-week events. If people keep complaining they might just remove it altogether... There's PLENTY of things to spend kstars on in this game so I'm actually surprised people would rather pay to open as many throwback boxes as they want rather than earn them.

Exactly. This was so well, thoughtfully, and intelligently said.
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    It doesn't, not on the scenario that you brought.

Once we were talking here about the benefits of adopting a baby, and one of those benefits is saving time. Then each person decides what is more valuable to them money or time.

The part where I mentioned equality, was about to can choose or not, like 'Can I adopt a baby?'

Hope you understand what I meant!

People have different opinions and I think they all fit in this forum as long as people respect and not harm others because they think differently.

I think it's common sense that the majority of people detest the K$ in the boxes, but someone can come here and say he/she loves it and thank Glu for that. And it's ok!

And that serves as a feedback for Glu, which is who will always have the final say.

When I ask something here for example is just to add and not in order to eliminate anything:).

You absolutly have the choice to play or not for the TB and payed TB are as fill by luck as non payed ones. You just don't know what you are going to get or if they have decided that the beloved item you are saving to have is there. The fact of the matter is you don't know what the odds are in any case and if that's the case and you're given the chance of choosing paying for the chance of opening a box to have whatever and the exact same by not paying with kstars then I prefer not paying thank you very much. 60 kstars with the amount of time I have to devote to this game represent more than half of what I can possibly safe during a certain period of time and I think that is what happens to the average player. We have to remember the KKH game goes around beyond the forum and not every legal game has 600 kstar every weekend to just chase things that are known to be there, much less to pay for the probability of them being in there.

People say payed TB have better items...it depends on what are those. Like I've said before, I'm certain I will not be happy winning a long hair style for Garrett paying 60 kstar but I'm sure you'll be very happy. There is not happy middle but I think Glu testing different things is good. I thank them for that.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    Happy happy monday. New Week, I started a new Monday thread here. :)

I'm closing this, pm me with any objections. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.