Options

Weekend Event 729/16- Let's spend the Weekend in Havana! Mystery Event - Hmmm?

Comments

• Options
    xtaylor22xtaylor22 Registered Users 12 Posts
    I don't have the event. :( I didn't get the update for my kindle either.
  • Options
    ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    Correction: I just checked Hookah, it started that May. Hmmm. Somewhere in here is a precursor to Hookah, and that thread was ripe with out complaints. But Glu encouraged a complaint thread, they read it, see through the nonsense posts, but the legitimate complaints register. And I've seen the game's 'heat' being turned down a little after it's been turned up a little too high. So, bottom line, constructive criticism is just that, constructive when Glu see's the validity in a complaint and it also lets us blow off steam, for example you get a palette with no items, just cash and energy.....complain, get it out, and then you get back to the game. :)

Wait, gift boxes didn’t cost K-Stars at one point? Or were there just none? That is so hard to imagine. It’s probably not important, but I do love bits of info like that! I’d really love to see a sort of history of game changes included in the event/update encyclopaedias at one point. A bit of trivia, you know? Just the kind of stuff older members remember. I know one time while looking through the Hookah Lounge, I found old screenshots with the game and interfaces looking very different.
    It’s also good to hear that Gu checks the complains thread. I’ve definitely ranted about changes in there before, and then gone “hey, how are they gonna change anything if you rant about it, but don’t let them know”, and tried to put a less nagging version into the suggestions thread. :p

Also, I did an 8 hour party as a test and I feel like it took way more than just two full energy bars. Definitely not worth it.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    When I'm real close to finishing, I'm going to do a party in Havana. But without the iPAD all I can do are frozen Androids. lol. I just love those purple walls. But yeah Calabasas is the go to place. I'm glad I furnished it. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    xtaylor22 wrote: »
    I don't have the event. :( I didn't get the update for my kindle either.

I'm so sorry. Maybe you'll get it all later today, :) I'll think good thoughts.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I need some of Peter's luck!

tumblr_ob33sl95dn1te4chqo1_1280.jpg

Bummed to not get a piece of clothing when all of the event items were here but the white blazer will be cute to match with my husband and event points are better than nothing right??
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    halMFNq.png?1

Looks like that all event items decided to show up on our palletes today Andrzej! Is this a joke right? Can't remeber if that happened before, but why this has to happen on the weekend where I don't like anything on the boxes, ugh!

I want to save that luck for a weekend where I really appreciate the items! Never gonna wear that top! If I could I would give it to you buddy!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Buttiel wrote: »
    Angeline I can honestly understand why they don’t sell the gift boxes for Kash. I really don’t blame any game for having exclusive content to profit off. To a degree, it’s admirable that the gift boxes bring in so much profit despite being a gamble. I just honestly believe that giving players better chances wouldn’t hurt, and you’re allowed to be nice to your players. :p I’d love to see palettes programmed so that there can only be one 4k box, and at least one event item. Or make it so there can’t be more 4k boxes than event items in a palette. Make the chances of event items appearing go up the more palettes you buy? Picking a bad prize in a reasonable palette feels like bad luck, but when your palette is just abnormally bad it feels more like unfair odds. But this is turning into something for the Hookah thread again, oops. Sometimes I feel like I'm a textbook example of how much easier it is to complain than to praise.
    I'm so sorry about your picks!

Well ... I understand the business point of view. I mean if Glu wouldn't make the chance of getting the event items higher, at least I would feel better opening an event GB with a higher amount of Kash. Or, it could be happening in a random event weekend to surprise the players?! That would be fun! :p

I am actually gracious to finally see four event items in my palette. After seeing someone gets that almost every week, I just really want to see it happen in my palettes. :)

Edit: Just saw Andrzej_S. and Vats got four items in their palettes, too. Hmmm... maybe there is hope ... maybe Glu is doing some changes. Keep hoping!
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Omg event! I love everything in the boxes except the purse! And people are getting all 4 items in a pallet???? Omg, that skirt is mine! I know it!

QGYDes1.jpg

Gdi................................
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    I noticed a pattern for the male hair and it worked!

BPb5YT.png

Also, a burning question...
    I will be getting a new phone in the coming months. Am I going to lose everything since this game doesn't have a feature that saves your progress? Because the thought of that is depressing. Is there any way to transfer to a new device? I will be getting a new iPhone.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    LantsPance wrote: »
    I noticed a pattern for the male hair and it worked!
    Also, a burning question...
    I will be getting a new phone in the coming months. Am I going to lose everything since this game doesn't have a feature that saves your progress? Because the thought of that is depressing. Is there any way to transfer to a new device? I will be getting a new iPhone.

Congrats on getting the hair! Good to see another palette with 4 event items in it. There is hope!! Yay! :)
    iOS players should have the game saved on iCloud. You should have no problem transfering your game from iOS to iOS devices.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    Is the small talk contact action supposed to reset after an hour? Because it's not resetting for me and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to. I'm getting annoyed because I'm losing out on them extra stars that can help me get further in the event faster.
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Is the small talk contact action supposed to reset after an hour? Because it's not resetting for me and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to. I'm getting annoyed because I'm losing out on them extra stars that can help me get further in the event faster.

Party guests are not Job Guests, they follow a few different rules

They will not recharge during a 3h party
    (I believe) they appear again after 4h into an 8h party
  • Options
    AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    Keem wrote: »

Well I'm only doing 3 hr parties so that makes sense. Now I can stop getting frustrated lol. Thanks for the help. :)
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    I'm so jealous of those who had every single item in their pallets and those who GOT all the items. I got the shoes, I don't care for shoes or purses. My thing is, shirts and hairs. Out of this horrible pallet, I'm just glad I got an event item. I think Glu hates me

B06sqLm.jpg
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Keem wrote: »

They do recharge although not always. Sometimes after 1.5 hours, sometimes after 2 and sometimes not at all. (Personally, I feel like they increased the chances of it not happening it all. It suddenly happens a lot more than it used to).
    However, you don't get extra event stars the second time you tap your guests, it's just more energy efficient.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    The final event gig rewards you 3 K-stars!!! (Plus bonus event stars too of course.) Yay!!
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Ugh, I'm such a drama queen. I traveled to my parents today to spend a week and when I arrived I realized I had forgotten to pack my iPad charger. So naturally I freaked out, I only had about 30% battery left and still needed like 400 event points. I restricted myself to only using the iPad for playing and playing in the most efficient way possible. I also ordered a new charger but it will take until Monday for it to be delivered.
    Well I now finally unpacked my bags and what did I find? My charger. Maybe I should have checked first before freaking out. Now I'll have to see if I can cancel my order...
    But the weekend event is saved, thank goodness. I just had to share my little blond moment haha always check to make sure you actually have reason to go bananas before doing so!
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Carol Davida won the gift box purse (yay:)!) and Carolyn Ferocious won 50 energy bolts (nay:().
    image.php?di=D3MZF.jpg

image.php?di=LU92V.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Wow, I guess I failed at the second gig because I didn't receive a call for the third..
    I swear I gave the right answers from the first one. :(
    No bonus points for me. I definitely won't finish this event. I hate party events. They take so much energy.

Edit: Maybe I'm wrong? I just opened the game and Simon called me to start the event 'House and Style' or something at Femme, which I'm assuming is the third gig? He didn't call me after my second one to inform me about the third so I assumed I'd done something wrong? Can anyone tell me what is going on? lol
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Wow, I guess I failed at the second gig because I didn't receive a call for the third..
    I swear I gave the right answers from the first one. :(
    No bonus points for me. I definitely won't finish this event. I hate party events. They take so much energy.

Edit: Maybe I'm wrong? I just opened the game and Simon called me to start the event 'House and Style' or something at Femme, which I'm assuming is the third gig? He didn't call me after my second one to inform me about the third so I assumed I'd done something wrong? Can anyone tell me what is going on? lol

You said that the Femme gig is your third one? For me it was the second one which I just finished and my third gig is being held at Oak in Soho. Simon didn't call me either about the gigs being ready and that is because I have other gigs that need to be done so maybe that is why he is not calling you or it could be some weird glitch.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    You said that the Femme gig is your third one? For me it was the second one which I just finished and my third gig is being held at Oak in Soho. Simon didn't call me either about the gigs being ready and that is because I have other gigs that need to be done so maybe that is why he is not calling you or it could be some weird glitch.

Then I don't know what's going on.
    I did the first gig at Panino. After I finished, Simon called and said the next would be at Femme and the guy would want my answers to the interview to be the same as they were from gig 1. So I started what I thought was that gig, answered the questions, finished the gig, then never got a call after that gig. So I assumed that I'd done or answered something wrong on the second gig. Closed my game to let energy recharge. When I opened it again, I got a call from Simon to begin the 'House and Style' (could be wrong on the name of the gig but it was relatively close to that) and it was 6 hours long so I thought maybe it was the 3rd gig in the set that I didn't get called about after gig #2. So I started it thinking maybe i did actually get the third gig, but if you're saying that the 3rd one is at Oak, then I must not have gotten it because I never got a call about that. I'm so sorry if this is unclear. I tried to type it as best I could.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    Lii wrote: »
    Ugh, I'm such a drama queen. I traveled to my parents today to spend a week and when I arrived I realized I had forgotten to pack my iPad charger. So naturally I freaked out, I only had about 30% battery left and still needed like 400 event points. I restricted myself to only using the iPad for playing and playing in the most efficient way possible. I also ordered a new charger but it will take until Monday for it to be delivered.
    Well I now finally unpacked my bags and what did I find? My charger. Maybe I should have checked first before freaking out. Now I'll have to see if I can cancel my order...
    But the weekend event is saved, thank goodness. I just had to share my little blond moment haha always check to make sure you actually have reason to go bananas before doing so!

Phew. Glad the crises was averted. But you know, when we first panic...we don't do logical things in a logical manner. But I'm so glad you have it and can tappily tap through the event.

Can yo believe one game is 3 points short of the hair? After both games finish.....I'm grabbing my earlier ipad, gen 4 but so small it didn't have room for any pictures or music after the game. So, I gave it to hubby in Jan when he got me the 128Gb Pro. So, I'm going to wipe his ipad, and see if I can download the game...complete with update, using my itunes/ipad saves. At least we got the ipad saved in itunes also now. So if I can get my current game ...with the update in the previous ipad, then I will have no qualms about Apple Support wiping the Pro, and then putting everything back. They've been very hands on, so, looks like they'll be some action in the Don't transfer your game till you read this thread tonight. Fingers crossed everyone.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    I did the first gig at Panino. After I finished, Simon called and said the next would be at Femme and the guy would want my answers to the interview to be the same as they were from gig 1. So I started what I thought was that gig, answered the questions, finished the gig, then never got a call after that gig. So I assumed that I'd done or answered something wrong on the second gig. Closed my game to let energy recharge. When I opened it again, I got a call from Simon to begin the 'House and Style' (could be wrong on the name of the gig but it was relatively close to that) and it was 6 hours long so I thought maybe it was the 3rd gig in the set that I didn't get called about after gig #2. So I started it thinking maybe i did actually get the third gig, but if you're saying that the 3rd one is at Oak, then I must not have gotten it because I never got a call about that. I'm so sorry if this is unclear. I tried to type it as best I could.

Yes the gig called House of Style was the second gig in which I went to Femme and answer all three questions for the photographer and finish the gig. After that I got a call from Simon saying that the last gig would be the final results from the interview and photo shoot at Oak. From what you are telling me it seems like the game is making you do the second gig twice which is weird. Maybe you did answer the questions wrong and it's making you do the gig again to get them right, or like you said you didn't receive a call for the third gig after you finished the second one. So, maybe it is a glitch. Are you currently waiting for the gig to become available?
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts

You must've had the K&K glitch. I've had it in KKH as well. It's when you have two gigs available at the same place, it gets mixed up. So I assume the first shoot wasn't 6h long, yet the photographer asked you the questions? And most importantly, did you get event points for it?

Just do the second shoot, hopefully you'll receive the call for the event at Oak afterwards. I agree, party events are least favorite! But it's a change of pace, especially after those two VIPs in a row.

Good luck! :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    So close to getting this messy bun!!!!! I need it so bad my doll is the queen of casual style lol!!

Super side note: anyone else notice like 95% of their npcs have blue hair?! Just me?! Lol it's weird and I hate it haha
  • Options
    Does anyone know how many event points is the last gig and plus how many extra bonus points altogether?
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Cchaircc wrote: »
    So close to getting this messy bun!!!!! I need it so bad my doll is the queen of casual style lol!!

Same here. I've never won the bun from my daily gift box so I need it so badly for my first original doll and my new doll can have another bun updo as well lol:D
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    My game is back on the ipad Pro.......all my stuff is there, and I'm about to grind like a krazy person. Apple P is busy. very very busy. Tell you all about it. later. Again, even though I DID IT> Apple support is the best. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Charli wrote: »
    You must've had the K&K glitch. I've had it in KKH as well. It's when you have two gigs available at the same place, it gets mixed up. So I assume the first shoot wasn't 6h long, yet the photographer asked you the questions? And most importantly, did you get event points for it?

Just do the second shoot, hopefully you'll receive the call for the event at Oak afterwards. I agree, party events are least favorite! But it's a change of pace, especially after those two VIPs in a row.

Good luck! :)

That is EXACTLY what happened! Thank you so much! I just finished the second gig and it was the event gig and I received points. Upon completion, I got the call from Simon for gig #3. :D Thank you all for your help!
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Eek! I think this is the slowest I've ever moved through an event. I'm sitting at 219 points now. I'll grind tonight/tomorrow - the perfectionist in me does not want to leave this weekend incomplete!

Party weekends are definitely my least favourite. It gets pretty boring doing the same thing over and over again. Especially since you no longer gain friendship/industry with the friends that you invite to a party, AND they made the parties so much harder to complete (I miss the good old days when parties didn't take that much energy and your friends would recharge after an hour, just like a regular event).

To top it all off, I got a horrible free box:

IMG_0818.jpg

I decided not to open any more this weekend.

On the plus side, I am now on my second comeback!
    Does anyone know how many event points is the last gig and plus how many extra bonus points altogether?

^ I would like to know this as well! Even just a rough estimate :)
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh