Options

It's Monday, should we get up early tomorrow?

Comments

• Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Ok time for math class guys! No skipping!

Submit = 5 points
    Lose = 10 points
    Win = 20 points
    Time duration = 50 hours (It's stated 54 hours but you can't submit any outfit in the last 4 hours)
    Total points = 210 points

Let's say you start on the dot and you lose every round.
    You need 14 rounds, that's 56 hours = FAIL

But, it's highly unlikely (I won't say it won't happen) you lose every single round.

So let's do 50-50.
    You lose 6 rounds and you win 5 rounds, that's 44 hours = SUCCESS
    And this also means you have like 6 hours of 'time off' for the 2 days.

This is for the people who love sleeping/ cannot wake up in the middle of the night. Let's take off 12 hours of sleep for the 2 days as the bare minimum.
    You need 9 rounds, and really, you can only afford to lose 1 round!

I totally understand why so many people cannot complete this event.

Not to mention the fact that people have jobs, school, and families to focus own and not everyone can submit an outfit every four hours even when they are not asleep. In the last event I finished about ten hours before the event was over and that was only because I was lucky enough to win every single round. I talked about Glu possibly lowering the time period to three hours so the event won't seem like it's dragging on. If not then how about lowering the points to 200? I can't count the number of times people complained about not finishing the event because they had only five points remaining and they couldn't submit an outfit due to the event ending in less than four hours.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Great breakdown, thanks Nai!
    The event is really hard to complete. Especially considering that most people have to work or go to school and can't play constantly.
    Losing a bit of sleep on the weekend might be okay when you can just sleep longer or take a nap during the day, but not when you have to work.

I just instructed my boyfriend on how to submit a look because he gets up a lot earlier than me. (I'm going to dress my doll now so he just has to hit submit). Hopefully I can get one more round in that way.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts

Submit = 5 points
    Lose = 10 points
    Win = 20 points
    Time duration = 50 hours (It's stated 54 hours but you can't submit any outfit in the last 4 hours)

But, it's highly unlikely (I won't say it won't happen) you lose every single round.

So let's do 50-50.

This is for the people who love sleeping/ cannot wake up in the middle of the night. Let's take off 12 hours of sleep for the 2 days as the bare minimum.

Nai, you are wonderful. Thank you. I can do the auto wake up thing most probably, so that will help me. A whole round of 3 wins brightened me,and you have no idea how close I came to buying the red riding hood dress this morning for Apple P. Thank you Glu.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Lii wrote: »
    Great breakdown, thanks Nai!
    The event is really hard to complete. Especially considering that most people have to work or go to school and can't play constantly.
    Losing a bit of sleep on the weekend might be okay when you can just sleep longer or take a nap during the day, but not when you have to work.

I just instructed my boyfriend on how to submit a look because he gets up a lot earlier than me. (I'm going to dress my doll now so he just has to hit submit). Hopefully I can get one more round in that way.

I love this idea. ok, if My looks end at 9:30, then they'll end at 1:45. That's nothing for Baba. If I get him to submit then, I can skip that getting up, and then just get up at 5, do my morning stuff and be ready to submit again near 6. So, in the course of a day, I'll have lost about an hour. I'm off to submit some of my looks in the How we style.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Here are the results of my first two TB boxes.

syifXokh.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Lol no math wiz here by far! Sorry Koko.

I don't even get the results for my first submission for 30 minutes! So I guess I'm screwed lol. Didn't get up and start playing until 9:45am.

GLU, I'm loving the new sales you've been doing!!! <33 Are there any plans on putting the Christmas Hairstyle in there for sale? I'm sure many of us would jump on that!!!

Question.... Why can you only buy one TB box after your freebie??? :(

I always find it so crazy that everyone loves that Christmas hair. I had it in my old game and rarely used it, but now seeing everyone here wanting it makes me want it so bad! (bandwagon much? lol)

Also, thank you to those of you who are doing the math!

It is sad, though. Unfortunitely I am a student and work, so my lifestyle does not allow me to submit every 4 hours. I never had any trouble completing midweek throwback events, as the way they were set up you can just grind when you do have free time. It was time consuming, but at least you can work it into your schedule.

But on another note, I AM SO HAPPY. I don't usually share my TB boxes until I'm done, but I just couldn't wait. I definitely lucked out with this item (seriously, the only clothing item in the palette). I reaaaally like this dress!

IMG_0937.png
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I'm sorry but these events aren't even fun anymore. They're just a bunch of frustration and stress, plus a real great self-esteem boost when I'm told I'm a loser with no style every four hours.

Can't they incorporate anything that will make it more doable? It's really making me start to resent the game. This used to be my go-to chill game.
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Angeline's first TB box. She won this Christmas gown that I LOVE! Happy~:D

image.jpg

image.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    Jon's first TB box:

image.jpg

I didn't buy him that fireman's hat last week. I guess this will be his Halloween costume this year. Doesn't matter. As long as it's not another pair of sun glasses or some gold necklaces, I'm happy. :)

image.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    Congratulations. I'm one round away from winning my 2nd box in 2 games no matter what, and the third game if I win, I get the 2nd box.....that starts at 1:15 am and the last device finishes at 1:30. So, get up for those, then get up in time for the 5:30sets. Another round of 3 wins. See with the first round I put it all together last night, got them all ready.....and only one won. But now I'm just submitting what grabs me at the moment, and it's working. Watch I just jinxed it, and have seen my last win. lol.

That Christmas dress is great. It's what kept me from losing it when I didn't get the red gown at all that Christmas. I love how it sparkles. ;) And you wear it well Angeline. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Koko- I LOVE the way you think ;) a push present?! Umm.. Yes please!!! Hahaha :)

Vats- good!! Don't ever get pregnant!! Hahahahaha :)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I've been lucky and Everly has been winning so far this event. In my first box, I got the ENORMOUS Céline. I would have loved to get that denim dress in the upper right.

[h=3]L9UiNnN.png[/h]
    For the next one my regular box had k stars, so I took a chance and opened another (I couldn't miss out on a TB!). I'm glad I did-- and do you see that the rest of this pallet is all dresses?! I have tons of accessories and shoes still to get, so it was exciting to see.

bWvNumX.png
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Do you know how many TB items you are missing? Is it possible that the only ones you're missing are all in that palette and the 40 K-stars are just a filler price?
    Probably not very likely, but I really hope that is the case.

I'm actually missing quite some TB items, so that can't be the reason... Well I'm not looking forward to my 2nd box...
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    I've been lucky and Everly has been winning so far this event. In my first box, I got the ENORMOUS Céline. I would have loved to get that denim dress in the upper right.

[h=3]L9UiNnN.png[/h]
    For the next one my regular box had k stars, so I took a chance and opened another (I couldn't miss out on a TB!). I'm glad I did-- and do you see that the rest of this pallet is all dresses?! I have tons of accessories and shoes still to get, so it was exciting to see.

bWvNumX.png

Ah man, so is this something new that they added, this 40 K-stars 'price'?? This really should not and can not belong in a Throwback box?
    I love the dress you picked in your second box, Haftime!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts

Submit = 5 points
    Lose = 10 points
    Win = 20 points

So let's do 50-50.

Оh, wow this is great Nai, thank you! Now I see why I don't ever complete these. It's impossible for me to submit every 4 hours, I WORK, Glu! And also I love to sleep lol

Needless to say, I fell asleep last night, while I waited for the 18 min to pass :mad: bye, bye lovely green jacket :(
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    What the heck? How am I losing every single round?!???! I'm never going to be able to finish this event now. :(
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • Options
    Has anyone seen that short fuzzy/furry little ivory top in any boxes? I'm think my original Vats Hair has somehow been. Left off. Nothing spectacular in my 2nd round of boxes, didn't even buy the extra in the third game because I was getting frustrated. So now it's just ruin my health for the other items. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Koko do you mean the one in the bottom right corner?

wj1hwLx.jpg

This was my first box, I'm really happy about the dress, I love it! Also really glad there are no K-stars in sight, I really hope those were added by mistake.
  • Options
    Congratulations.
    That Christmas dress is great. It's what kept me from losing it when I didn't get the red gown at all that Christmas. I love how it sparkles. ;) And you wear it well Angeline. :)
    Thanks, Koko. I love both of the Christmas gowns, red and black. Maybe this black one a ltttle more because of the sparkles. :)
    Has anyone seen that short fuzzy/furry little ivory top in any boxes?
    I saw that quite frequently when we had 4-TB-box events. Unfortunately, I missed it many times. :(
    Would be nice to have it.

Finally, Angeline got her first winning look and got to the second TB box. Will post the look in "How You Style" thread later.
    She picked the 2016 New Year shoes. I don't see them that much and I like them. :)

IMG_2617.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    Koko do you mean the one in the bottom right corner?

wj1hwLx.jpg

This was my first box, I'm really happy about the dress, I love it! Also really glad there are no K-stars in sight, I really hope those were added by mistake.

yes, that's the top. Someday....it will be mine. It's great to see it pop up. Unfortunately....no more TB boxes this event. I can't believe I was so sleepy at 2:30 (yes, I overshot my 1:30 wake time) but at 2:30ish I was underwhelmed by my 2nd round, and walked away from the 2nd box. However, in my case it was good. THere was nothing I was interested in after the free box on the palette.

I love the dress you gor Lii. One of my games has it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks, Koko. I love both of the Christmas gowns, red and black. Maybe this black one a ltttle more because of the sparkles. :)

I saw that quite frequently when we had 4-TB-box events. Unfortunately, I missed it many times. :(
    Would be nice to have it.

Finally, Angeline got her first winning look and got to the second TB box. Will post the look in "How You Style" thread later.
    She picked the 2016 New Year shoes. I don't see them that much and I like them. :)

IMG_2617.jpg

They look great with that dress. Now I need to buy that dress. I have the shoes, and can honestly say except for when I dressed apple like an old movie tap dancer I never wore them. They look great with this. Congratulations. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Here's my boxes:
    yURfhX8.png?1
    FDHInmX.png?1

I got pretty happy this time, and that's a first! The black boots althought wasn't in my wish list, was an item that I expected to earn for a while cause it's really useful to me.

And the T-shirt is nice to Vats gym classes:p, he didn't had anything like that until now!

Also first time(???) I saw a hair style in my boxes that isn't Halloween stuff.

I noticed that they fixed the wrongly tagged blue coat! Thanks for that Glu!

I wanted to comment yesterday about Linda's box that had k-stars and now I saw that haftime also got one, certainly that doesn't belong to the event, probably a new bug!

Since both were at box 2, I recommend that nobody else open that box unless is wanting to get k-stars intead of a throwback item!

So far I just lost 1 round and guess what? Was the one in the middle of the night *sigh*

Next round I'll get the sandals, I'm positive that I'll get to the blazer!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts

Submit = 5 points
    Lose = 10 points
    Win = 20 points

So let's do 50-50.

In all the calculation :

Don't forget to add at least another 5 minutes!!! Because when the 4 hours are over it is.... "getting results".....!!
    As if the 4 hours weren't enough for 'getting results '.
    Android
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    I wanted to comment yesterday about Linda's box that had k-stars and now I saw that haftime also got one, certainly that doesn't belong to the event, probably a new bug!

Since both were at box 2, I recommend that nobody else open that box unless is wanting to get k-stars intead of a throwback item!

I absolutely agree! This was my second box:

7PUabmp.jpg

I really hope that the fact that they're all in the same spot means that it's a bug.
    Also, Im so glad I didn't pick my usual box because that would have been the K-stars, but more importantly how lucky was I?? The Karl jacket! I'm over the moon, I got the skirt a few weeks back so now I have the whole outfit. And the mesh top is really nice as well, it's very different from most other things so I like that.
  • Options
    I must have lost all sense of style .

Or why else do I lose e-v-e-r-y round?

Oh wait! I call this event BS. Those votes aren't real. I am voting mostly on NPC's, hardly any real people there.
    And how can someone win in a few seconds if he pays the kstars?
    This is all so shady.
    I am pretty sure it's pre-fixed how many times you win or lose.
    Maybe depending on what good customer you are.

This "Show Your Style" event is a great idea, but I don't think it's real.
    Sorry.
    Android
  • Options
    EmcatEmcat Registered Users 135 Posts

Oh wait! I call this event BS. Those votes aren't real. I am voting mostly on NPC's, hardly any real people there.
    This is all so shady.

Sorry.

Haha I agree, I wish there was more transparency in how the votes are counted. Are you always competing against the same doll or are you randomly paired for each vote? Do you have to "win" a vote a certain percentage of the votes? Is it a ranking system? How can they possibly count enough votes for someone who pays to end minutes after submitting when there are so many more doll submitted than there are people voting? (I think they should incentivize voting, like 1 point for every 5 votes you cast or something) Winning or losing seems so arbitrary, sometimes the same outfit that won one round loses a different round. I honestly think it's just a coin flip. They've never bothered to explain how it works, yet we all trust that the "votes" are actually being counted.
  • Options
    Rumple, I did actually see my own doll down to the errant eye brow hair (jk) but I know it was my doll. I get the feeling I'm seeing a mix of NPC and real player. Why not post your looks in the How we Style thread for some honest feedback. I've noticed a lot more 'almost the same' looks in the voting booth. I'm not negating your feelings, I have felt what you felt, and the feeling is real. I just think it has nothing to do with what you spend in the game. Maybe with a few better pieces you're being beaten out (just grsping at straws) but I thinks that is the extent of what you've spent affecting the outcome of the game. When you pay to end it early, it was my understanding that the game takes a second or two to tabulate the results SO FAR, and shuts it down. So, you've still had people voting, just less of them. I could be totally wrong.

But seriously, post some pics in How We Style I'm sure your looks are fine, and your luck will probably turn around soon.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

This is all so shady.

Sorry.

What makes you think that they are NPCs? (Honest question). I'm seeing lots of past event items on the dolls which makes me think they're not NPCs since those usually don't have event items.

I'd also love to know the mechanics behind these events! The pay to get results after 5 minutes is really suspicious, I just can't imagine that that many people vote, you get nothing out of it!

But I can safely say, that your concern that the best customers get the wins is incorrect. I'm a horrible customer ;) and I win a lot.
    Thinking about it, it wouldn't make sense for them to let players that drop a lot of money on the game lose. Those players are a lot more likely to speed up the process, players that never spend money on the game wouldn't do that and they're also more used to not getting everything... So having them lose wouldn't entice them to go buy a star pack. Just thinking out loud here, I really don't think Glu does that.
    I would say it's probably by who got the most votes and if there haven't been any or it's a tie then it's just a coin drop.
  • Options
    Koko, exactly that was my intention!

Trying to make a collage of my submitted looks, haven't done that before, it may take some time.
    I am very interested in what you guys think and ready to be judged.

Speak up - if you tell me my style sucks - I forever will hold my peace.
    Android
  • Options
    I think I might get to sleep tonight? 1 have just submitted 3 looks, one game after the 5 points for submission has 199. so, If I lose at 7, and submit a new one, 1 get 15 points, I'm done at 7.

Another has 177, so at 7 if she loses, she has 189 after the 7 pm submission. another loss at 11 and she has 204? Submit at 11 she's done. Depending on the last game, I might be done by 11. excuse me while I do the happy dance. And, I guess i didn't have to start bright n early at 5a.m. and I guess I didn't have to get up twice before dawn but I don't rest easy till I'm done.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary