Options

Weekend Event 2/24/17 -VIP 2nd Annual Kimmie Awards

Comments

• Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    When it is fully furnished, 2 customers will come into the store every day instead of just one. You get $2,000 & 3 KStars. ($1,000 & 1 KStar more than unfurnished store)
    Here are the prices of the store furniture:
    KStar items: 10 - 5 - 5 - 5
    $ items:20,000 - 15,000 - 15,000 - 8,000
    I'm saving it for a VIP event that I only want to spend 15 KStars. I'm debating whether to do it this week but might get to the boots. :p

In my opinion, I don't think it's that worthy to furnish the store to get only 1 extra Kstar & some $.
    You have to time yourself two times a day to check on the store. You can only miss 2 days a week. I read some people posted that if you give the wrong answer, the second customer won't show up. The answer is not hard to choose but our fingers could slip to the wrong answer. :(

Oops .. just realized I was talking about Chevier Toronto not the gallery!!
    It costs 60 KStars and $81,000 to upgrade it.
    You do two 3-hr art shows per week and earn 3 Kstars and $2,000.
    Without the upgrade, you do one 3-hr art show and earn 1 KStar and $1,000.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Art gallery it is. Thanks for helping me decide.

Hey, who else is around?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I've been checking in. We're a quiet bunch today.

I'm just ready to start the weekend. Tonight we're double dating with my sister and her fiancé and then they and my sister-in-law are coming over on Sunday. Hubby's smoking chicken wings and I'm going to do baked mac and cheese. Yum! I'm a little nervous because we made plans with my sister and her fiance for St. Patrick's Day and didn't invite my SIL. We usually invite her to places because she has no friends and we feel bad but she's a downer. One of the most negative people I have ever met. And I don't think she's like that in a mean way - she's just lonely and bitter about her life. But it makes hanging out with her torture so I'd just rather not do it. We indulged for far too long and now it's almost expected she's going to be invited to things. Plus we get pressured by my mother in law because she feels bad also. This is a 31 year old woman we're talking about. Anyway, last time we hung out she mentioned she took of the holiday and I expertly dodged the comment as to not give away our plans and I'm so nervous she's going to bring it up again on Sunday. Hubby doesn't know she mentioned anything and I know he'll feel bad if she does say something so I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. I've been trying to think of subject changers all week lol.
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    I'm here as well! It's 8 PM and X-Factor just started, so I'm chilling and grinding :) Down to 133 shows!
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    lol oh soudpretty, good luck, my father is the same way and gosh forbid you upset him. he acts like a 13 year old if you just told them their biggest idol was a fraud. he's driving my mother and i batty lately cause they are going on a month long road trip in April but the way he acts, you'd think they were leaving tomorrow. he's forever changing the itinerary and asking me if i want to hear it and it's like yeah no. it doesn't help that he talks like the boss in office space with his "yeahh, well, we'll start out here....um, right here on this dot here, and then we'll drive um, probably 4 hours that night unless traffic is good and then maybe..." zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

anyway, i only opened one box and got 40 stars, nice! good thing I wasn't chasing cause that palette was ick-y! i'm like 20 away from the boots but hoping Maria will call me on something cause I'm really meh this weekend. i like the ponytail, but not at 500. most of my energy will be tapping on reality shows.

lol, just looked at the top reality shows and #1 in my game is Sewing with Susan! Interestingly #26 is Everybody Loves Bort, hmmm, does my husband have a side show?! I'd watch #57 Thing with Feathers, is that a nature show? Or maybe #83 Gardeners Gone Buck Wild!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Oops .. just realized I was talking about Chevier Toronto not the gallery!!
    It costs 60 KStars and $81,000 to upgrade it.
    You do two 3-hr art shows per week and earn 3 Kstars and $2,000.
    Without the upgrade, you do one 3-hr art show and earn 1 KStar and $1,000.
    Thank you. So you have to buy both options for each thing? That's so confusing!
    Congrats on everyone stuff...earned, bought and won. Lol. I'm torn between the art gallery, or Chevier Toronto. And what's up with Maria? I haven't gotten one call from her all morning what is she waiting for I'm good stores to burn I want to spend. Might have to go over to her office and shake it up a little bit make sure the phone is working. Make sure she's got Internet Make sure she's not working with the tile man again if you know what I mean. :-)

I actually like Chevier Toronto. You only have to check in for like 5 seconds. If you're busy and don't have time to play you can "park" your doll in Toronto and just open the game real quick, collect the daily box and tap the person and you still get your KStars at the end of the week :)
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Alright so I think I made a bad decision.....
    I bought the gym and regret it badddddd lol.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    I just did the fastest shopping...puterheads going to end up taking me maybe tomorrow...but I wasn't up for the whole big thing.....besides I have a game to ply...lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I just did the fastest shopping...puterheads going to end up taking me maybe tomorrow...but I wasn't up for the whole big thing.....besides I have a game to ply...lol

I feel you! I went car shopping yesterday and the whole time was thinking like..... ok are we done here? I think my energy bar is full and my pets are waiting and mama needs to earn some k-stars! LOL.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

• Options
    I love how you phrased that. I want it in a tshirt.
    'My Energy's Full, my pets are waiting, and Mama needs to earn some KStars!'
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Lii wrote: »
    Thank you. So you have to buy both options for each thing? That's so confusing!

I actually like Chevier Toronto. You only have to check in for like 5 seconds. If you're busy and don't have time to play you can "park" your doll in Toronto and just open the game real quick, collect the daily box and tap the person and you still get your KStars at the end of the week :)

I know. It sounds confusing with two different types of art. It's just like other business we have. You purchase the Gallery for 30 KStars. After the opening gig, you can start doing one exhibit per week without buying any art piece and earn 1 KStar & $1,000.
    Then you have to buy everything (both pieces per available spot) in the Gallery, totaling 60 KStars & $81,000 Kash in order to do two exhibits per week for the additional 2 KStars & 1,000.

As for the Chevier Toronto, I agree, you only have to check on it (spending 2 energy bolts each time) to earn KStars back. That's nice. I just feel no rush to furnish it because for me I probably won't remember to check on it twice per day .. 😂 haha...
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    Maria has been nice to Jon this VIP weekend. She offered these jeans (55 KStars, get 12 back) and another hairstyle (45 KStars, get 20 back) so far. The jeans are on my shopping list and I opened one gift box and got 40 KStars back, so that's nice. I was planning on spending only 15 KStars this week but now I'm on the way to the clothes item. 160 KStars more to spend but will definitely get there.

So, Glu, if you want players to spend more KStars, have Maria call more during VIP weekend. Don't set her back. Because players are weak. It's hard to say no to good prices. At least I am. :p

IMG_0776.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    Maria called Finn about some black pants but I couldn't for the life of me figure out which black pants she meant.... they were long and black, and there are like 5 different long, black pants in the closet that cost KStars and on my small phone screen they all look exactly the same. I didn't want to risk it so I didn't buy any...
  • Options
    Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    I don't like any of it. :(
    Earnable hairstyle is pretty legit, but the rest of it.. blah.
  • Options
    Maria called Finn about some black pants but I couldn't for the life of me figure out which black pants she meant.... they were long and black, and there are like 5 different long, black pants in the closet that cost KStars and on my small phone screen they all look exactly the same. I didn't want to risk it so I didn't buy any...

That happens to me. But this weekend she's been awfully quiet. lol. one game finally bought the house in Venice, didn't wait for Maria's generousl offer of 1Star. And I wanted that basket of kittens. Another game bought the gallery and all the art. Haven't decided what the last game will buy.

But, I'm buying clothes, and hair, and Z is done...and no she didn't get the Helicopter. At one point I was going to, but when I checked her event points....she would have been about 120 over. so, not this week Z. Maybe next time. lol

It would be great if Maria's offer could be clicked and take us directly to the item up for sale.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    A.P.TA.P.T Registered Users 64 Posts
    I noticed that the quests are shorter this weekend,its 3 hours long and not the normal 6 hours and we got a 4th extra gig (to relax as Kim,Khloe and Kourt were exhausted)
  • Options
    Thanks for this APT. It was fun. I did one, just over 45 Energy, so I didn't get as many stars as if I'd done 3 Reality shows, but it was more funner. *I know it's not a word but it's a carefree Saturday morning. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts

This happens all the time! One time I got a request for a dress (one of those that has 4-5 other colors) and there are literally two dresses that are the same style and almost the same color. Of course I bought the wrong one. And of course the black pants. It's had also for girls because you have long pants, capris, etc. Just give me the option of buying from the popup screen!
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm kinda disappointed that I've purchased the Venice home and I can't film my reality show episodes there.:(

All I can throw is parties at my new doll's home.:(
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

So, Glu, if you want players to spend more KStars, have Maria call more during VIP weekend. Don't set her back. Because players are weak. It's hard to say no to good prices. At least I am. :p

I personally disliked Maria daily annoying phone calls regarding to the luxe goals. It has always have gotten on my last nerves :rolleyes: lol :D, so my dolls most likely ignored all of her phone calls :p

So, I'm happy that she stopped calling my dolls for that.:) Now, it's peaceful and quiet on both of my games.:rolleyes:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    So, I finished the event! Bought the home in Venice, the restaurant in Hollywood, the burgundy red hair color, the snapback hair, a beautiful new eye color, and a couple of pets! Love the earnable hair! Bring on the next update! Cannot wait to customize my Owen. The gondolier says hello!

1JhJLe.jpg
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    PSA: although the weekend gigs are shorter this weekend, there are 4 instead of 3! I know it's a bit late, but if you've already done the first two better get cracking on the third one so that you can do the 4th one as well.
    Also there might be five, I only just finished the third and got a call for the fourth, but I think with the waiting time of 6 hours five would be unreasonable. (Not that Glu doesn't do that sometimes.... but I like to assume they don't.)

I still have to shop for about 200KStars with Finn, I was hoping for some luxe goals but I can never figure out what Maria wants me to buy....
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    PSA: although the weekend gigs are shorter this weekend, there are 4 instead of 3! I know it's a bit late, but if you've already done the first two better get cracking on the third one so that you can do the 4th one as well.
    Also there might be five, I only just finished the third and got a call for the fourth, but I think with the waiting time of 6 hours five would be unreasonable. (Not that Glu doesn't do that sometimes.... but I like to assume they don't.)

I still have to shop for about 200KStars with Finn, I was hoping for some luxe goals but I can never figure out what Maria wants me to buy....

I'm also currently waiting for the 4th gig. It's a bit weird - the first three gigs were only 3 hours each, and there was no plot at all?! No choices, no obstacles, just three different photo shoots with the sisters... It's all really strange. Can't wait to see how it pays off in the end.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    daffodil wrote: »
    I'm also currently waiting for the 4th gig. It's a bit weird - the first three gigs were only 3 hours each, and there was no plot at all?! No choices, no obstacles, just three different photo shoots with the sisters... It's all really strange. Can't wait to see how it pays off in the end.
    Spoiler alert..... it doesn't pay off in the end. And there is still no choices. Totally boring. At least it wasn't a totally energy suck.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Sebastian is looking great Lants!

I didn’t tried the gigs, I never try them while in VIP not worthy at all.

Bought the pink converses and that was enough to get the box, I was expecting to get the shoes or maybe stars to refund the expenses...got the moustache lol, not sure what I'm feeling, but my set was so awful and full of undesirable stuff that it looks like a bless. Sure I'll find a funny way to wear it.:p

I'm still on the watch of Maria calls until tonight, hoping she offers the pink jacket that I want with a discount before I finish my shopping to get the shades.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Good morning dolls! HAPPY OSCARS......I mean Kimmies. Last year your reality shows all won awards for award winning episodes. And your takeaway was a customized picture of you accepting your award.....this year.... It's a personalized award with your reality show name.

If you'd like one, please post your doll in their Oscar clothes, tell us the name of your Reality Show, and describe the episode you are submitting.

For Example.....Vats would post a pic of his doll ready for the Kimmie Awards, then he'd say I'm submitting the 'Vats All Folks' episode where Bort thinks he's ordered a miniature statue of Vats, but just as his dinner party sits down for the meal, a deliveryman brings in a full size statue of Vats, in the David by Michelangeo pose. Everyone gets an eyeful and more of this marble creation.

And here's his Kimmie
    Vats_Sample.gif

This is just for explanation, I'm sure he'll submit something for real. So, if you want one....picture, show title and what the episode is about, or why in general your show is submitted for a Kimmie. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Yay I love when these ideas pop up on the forum, thanks Koko!

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend, I don't mind grinding at all when we're grinding for Kstars :)

Here's my doll arriving at the Kimmies
    346A2888-05C5-421B-A525-466C65984D4B_zpsfuxwi4ln.jpg

The name of Madison's reality show is 'Madison's Avenues' and the episode submitted is the one where her husband stages an intervention after Madison's extravagant spending becomes out of control. She has to remortgage some of their properties and sell furniture... as you can see the only belongings she has left is her beloved pets which are now housed in empty properties... thankfully after this weekend of grinding, she's almost earned enough kash/Kstars to pay off her debts :)
    34110D40-4715-4AAF-B1AA-DDF483C16F04_zpsf4uxdbau.jpg
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Maria has called me once this weekend for the house in Vienna. I think it stinks that during the week she won't stop but come VIP she goes mute. I probably would spend more Kstars if she did offer me deals

edit: I gave up on her and bought something to get me the boots. of course next time I opened the game, she called. I cussed at her with my Mom sitting nearby lol Luckily it was just for a pair of nondescript black pants which I guessed correctly and bought.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    1. I completely forgot the weekend storyline even existed.

2. I made a personal goal to increase my kstar total by 50 this weekend. I'm seven short, but it's late and I'm tired so I'm calling it a win anyway.

3. I finally bought the house in Calabasis, so I'm kind of hoping for party events soon. My game's slow, though, so Calabasis feels like more of a grind because there's so much waiting moving from room to room and inviting guests. But it's cool that finishing a 3-hour reality show hardly puts a dent in my energy bar, once I've gone through the L.A. area and rustled the bushes on my way back to Hollywood to start another episode.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Options
    AmyT wrote: »
    Yay I love when these ideas pop up on the forum, thanks Koko!

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend, I don't mind grinding at all when we're grinding for Kstars :)

Here's my doll arriving at the Kimmies
    346A2888-05C5-421B-A525-466C65984D4B_zpsfuxwi4ln.jpg

The name of Madison's reality show is 'Madison's Avenues' and the episode submitted is the one where her husband stages an intervention after Madison's extravagant spending becomes out of control. She has to remortgage some of their properties and sell furniture... as you can see the only belongings she has left is her beloved pets which are now housed in empty properties... thankfully after this weekend of grinding, she's almost earned enough kash/Kstars to pay off her debts :)
    34110D40-4715-4AAF-B1AA-DDF483C16F04_zpsf4uxdbau.jpg

Love you gown, love the time and thought and energy you put into your submission, and on behalf of he forum.... I'm thrilled to award you thie very 1st 2nd Annual Kimmie

Your story tugged on the heartstrings of all who listened, and there wasn't a dry eye in the screening room. Brava Amy. Brava.
    Amy_T.gif
    giphy.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary