Options

🎄 KK:H WeekDay Event - 12/24/18 Deck the Halls - is it Christmas Yet?

Comments

• Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    I am currently at 1080, so I should finish the event in the next 3 looks. The person that bought a bunch of tickets at the beginning slowed down greatly, and she and I keep switching 1st place every few hours now. I am fine with not getting the hair this time, but it is still annoying to know that my average score far far exceeded hers, yet she could still win since she bought tickets.
    iOS
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Thanks @AliBryant. I need to score at least 41 on my last looks to get the final prize which should be doable. My last few have been scoring lower 40's even though they're repeats of earlier outfits I scored higher on. 

I wish the total points were lowered to maybe 1000? Or even 1100. That way it's still challenging but you're not screwed if you have a few looks that bomb.

I'm still third in trendsetters although I think fourth place bought a ticket or two because she's almost caught up to me. Second place is at 1267 ended up buying more tickets back when I was almost caught up to her. Which makes no sense, because first place is at 1408 and she has no hope of catching up unless she buys even more tickets. But like... why. The hair isn't even that cute
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited December 2018
    AliBryant said:
    I am currently at 1080, so I should finish the event in the next 3 looks. The person that bought a bunch of tickets at the beginning slowed down greatly, and she and I keep switching 1st place every few hours now. I am fine with not getting the hair this time, but it is still annoying to know that my average score far far exceeded hers, yet she could still win since she bought tickets.

This is why I don't like this feature AT ALL. I don't think it's fair and buying your way to a prize is not what "trendsetter" implies. Extra tickets should only count toward SYS in my opinion, the first 27 looks are what gets submitted into trendsetters and that's it. Or a cap of say 1300 and if multiple people reach that then they all tie for first. I just don't see the point of paying for a CHANCE to win something if you're unlucky enough to get sucked into a bidding war between you and others. Can you imagine paying $8.99 for the biggest ticket package and then last minute someone out buys you and your money is just wasted?? 
  • Options
    Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    @mikaylachimo did your looks all got over 50 points? I have submitted 21 looks so far and I’m at 995 points .. u have 22 looks and 1053 that’s amazing .. just wonder what was your least and most 
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Just got the results back for look 22. Really hope I can get the hair with just two more looks as I will be travelling as of tomorrow.

Lowes score was 43, highest 57.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    edited December 2018
    KaylaJ said:
    I guess we all should've seen it coming when Glu didn't really give us anything Christmas like and then took our decorations away early, but this December has been incredibly disappointing.  To add to it this SYS running through the holidays when people have lives when NOTHING has changed so why do they ask for our feedback is a kick in the pants. Can't wait for the New Year and more Kollections and MoneyGrabbers errrr TrendSetters....

Anyway, to those who celebrate, I hope you had a better Christmas in real life than your doll did and more importantly you stayed safe.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
    I don’t understand why we all chime in in agreement when asked for feedback and then absolutely nothing changes. 

Why even bother taking the time to voice our opinions? Why is Glu even asking for feedback if it’s going to be ignored?

I’ve spent a lot of time and money on this game and recently I haven’t felt like the investment is worth it. Boring storylines, obvious money-grabbing events, less fun, and less detail-oriented everything in the game has made me think that KKH is heading in a bad direction. And I truly hope it doesn’t. I want this game to go back to being fun - because it was!

That’s my $0.02...

Thanks for phrasing things so well, Kayla. 

hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    I 100% agree @skevans some of my posts have received 20+ "Agrees" recently, including one on page 2 of this thread, and nothing changes. I am already mentally prepared for disappointment in tomorrow's weekend event spoilers. I have no faith in Glu to deliver NEW YEAR'S EVE appropriate items.
    iOS
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Awwww, Maybe they can't be inclusive, with all the different cultural holidays, and are trying to be more sensitive? Kwanza began, but we're not celebrating that either,  maybe you're right.  Maybe a new year treat.  Fingers Crossed.

You mean we can't celebrate Christmas anymore because of different cultureal holidays? This isn't sensitive, this is crazy.
    Android
  • Options
    Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    @skevans I competely agree. Part of me wonders if KKH is going to be ending soon. I mean, the Kardashians/Jenners closed their apps and I wonder if Kim is planning on ending her app with Glu soon. The storylines aren't interesting, our feedback isn't being heard, and the game is not fun to play because we get little in return.

• Options
    melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    Very well said @AliBryant! I hope Glu comes through with New Year’s Event. 
    I know most of you will disagree with me but unfortunately the truth is blunt. Glu is a company. Of course they will make it so, that when you buy tickets, you excel. I cannot imagine if the tickets you bought, won’t count towards Trendsetter. Glu will never make a move like that, simply because they will lose money. I think the compromise that they will have to make at least, will be to include the hairstyle/all three items to second and third place. 
  • Options
    yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,651 Posts
    edited December 2018
    @melissakkh, I'm sorry but you're wrong there, what if Ali paid for a lot of tickets too? Doesn't she deserve the hair too then? What if 10 people in your list are buying tickets all the time, yet don't even have the dress for sure? 
    I agree Glu needs to make money, but even when you have to make money you should have a solid marketing strategy. 

Make the cap happen Glu
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • Options
    OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    They are a company that needs to make money to survive 

they would make more money with a better business model - ignoring player concerns, shoe horning in money grabbing kollections, pricing items in the kloset so high that even a small star pack can’t buy you anything... these tactics push players away from the game so overall the company loses money. Incentivising people to purchase can only be a good thing; I spent a lot of real money around Black Friday because the deals were great, the throwback items were amazing, I was excited to play and spend. How many of us would buy a bundle if it was a great deal? I bet TONS would yet they give us these one set of eyes and 60 stars for £10 deals. How many of us would be excited to play if the storylines improved? TONS, yet they roll out the same professional week after week until we’re all tapping bored out of our minds. 
    I truly believe this game could be profitable by going down the treat players better route. Have competitions, throw gifts our way, make things cheaper but better and more often - flash sales like grab a dress, shoes and stars for £5 for an hour or something. 
    You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar; treat your players right and we will pay and invest. Really small example but by listening to players and putting in last years items in the Christmas gift boxes meant I bought loads whereas before then I wasn’t planning on buying any; listening and reacting to us meant I spent actual money! Churning out tired storylines and charging a fortune for basic af items just seems like you can’t be bothered so in turn we can’t be bothered. 

iOS player 
    level 69
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    I fixed code on an errannt quote. It had the quoter's comments showing as part of my post. Please be careful when quoting and if it doesn't post properly, message me and I'll fix it or delete it, your choice.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I agree with both of you @yezx and @Ohemilie. What you suggested is exactly what needs to be done. I was just trying to be impartial. I never understood why Glu didn’t make old SMC available for purchase all the time! Everyone will love it and new players will be able to get them! And I agree I bought 13 boxes this year because of last year’s items! But what history has thought me is that Glu doesn’t listen to us that often, only sometimes! Do they have any idea how many people will buy Kollections if they were cheaper? You cannot higher the prices of something that is lower in quality. The only thing left to do is hope for change. Until then we’ll continue giving our honest opinion.
  • Options
    Something I wanna add @yezx is that if Glu makes it that everyone for sure wins prizes, they will have to change the event completely. Yes with a SMC you are sure, you’re getting something but with the SYS you are not because it’s a 50/50 shot! It’s like the weekend event boxes! You are spending all of those k-stars but in the end you are not sure if you’re getting the items. I guess the system is flawed. I think that when it comes to Trendsetter, the tickets you buy shouldn’t count ( I know I said that they should but I have changed my mind ) , because it’s TRENDsetter after all.  
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Why would they have to change the event? If they implement a cap, they barely have to change anything and everyone is able to get the items. If you're a true trendsetter you get to #1 without buying tickets, however, if you're not a trendsetter you can buy your way to #1 and still get the prizes. Thats the thing about a cap, everyone will be #1, and if they expand to top 3, even more people will get them

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • Options
    And if everyone would just complain about this instead of spending tons of money on trendsetters, Glu has no other option than to do this! Like you're spending a lot, with a cap, maybe you had to buy 2 tickets more instead of 12... Can you imagine all the other things you could have bought with that money?

in my opinion Glu is not smart to offer these tickets for a (cheap) price, buyers are just dumb to fall for it and take it all in... If you don't speak up, nothing is every gonna change. You don't have to be impartial, you're not a Glu employee, and even then you should be able to have your own opinion. 

Make kkh great again: 
  • Options
    I do have an opinion. But I like arguing every side of the case. Since the beginning Glu made these events ,so that you can never be sure if you win the items you want, unless of course you spent money. But because this is a redesigned event, Glu should have done this since the beginning. We have enough Weekend Event risks to calculate. 
  • Options
    I would spend money, if I was sure there was a cap and there wasn't anyone who could outbid me. I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this way, so Glu would still receive money. 

Make kkh great again: 
  • Options
    RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    YESSS COME TO MAMA, LITTLE MANOLITO 💕

It’s all I wanted; he’s finally mine! I’m taking him to every gig from now on 😂
  • Options
    skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts

...My gold box, ladies and gentlemen. 

hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • Options
    mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Silz1217 said:
    @mikaylachimo did your looks all got over 50 points? I have submitted 21 looks so far and I’m at 995 points .. u have 22 looks and 1053 that’s amazing .. just wonder what was your least and most 
    Most of my looks score like 48ish! I have probably like 6 or 7 that scored in the 50s? 1053 with 22 looks only averages to 47.86 per look!

Here’s my worst look & my 2 looks tied for best.

platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited December 2018
    I have 3 looks to go and I need to average a high 47 to get the hair color. Once again even though I will submit 27 looks and only 2 are lower than 40, I will probably not finish. I'd say how upsetting this is esp since I worked so hard and babysat this game over the holidays, but it's obvious by now that Glu no longer cares.

Also, I wish we still had to use a certain item cause it's obv people don't care about the theme. I had to choose between a wedding dress and a bathing suit.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    oof i'm not getting that hair color, henny.

the sys is designed to make you buy tickets, not even to get 1st place, but to complete the event. this is such an awful idea lmao.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts

Well... that was to be expected...

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    To make up for this lackluster holiday season, Glu could do the following with this weekend's event:

1) Give the Times Square NYE background to all players
    2) Give all players a Holiday/New Years gift from Kim in the form of K-stars or an outfit
    3) Do a throwback sale in the closet for all the past New Year's event items
    4) A sale on k-star packs for ALL players
    @KalindaKing should see this and tell Glu :3
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • Options
    LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    Just reached the Trowback Kolection and got these pink earings!
    I love them BUT i wish i had gotten one of the hair styles but im ok with it! At least it wasnt the artsy purse :P 

Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Almost at the hair colour I honestly didn’t think I’d get to it! These are my highest and lowest scoring looks from the SYS

• Options
    Chelsea123Chelsea123 Registered Users 1,802 Posts
    My lowest and my highest. I am now at 1169 points.
    platform: Android
    Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.kkh.10
    Follow me on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/chelsea123kkh/
    M2013💖 C2015💙 C2020💙
    #capontrendsetters