Options

Weekend Event 4/10/2015 *Think Wonderful Happy Thoughts - It's Springtime

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Sayu wrote: »
    Is everyone receiving only 15 stars for 8h gigs? ;___;

Hi! I got 20 stars for 8h gigs. It has always been this way from since I joined.
    PM to add
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    True Mommy, and I'm sorry you bottomed out with the gift box. 1 in 8 doesn't sound great. .....but untill a few weeks ago, there was no guarantee of any bonus item in the palette of 8. So, That's why I'm giving the boxes a try. But I'm sure the earning outfit will be fully doable between now and event end.

Have a little nosh,
    JeneenBuffet.jpg
    a little music, and let's get earning that outfit!

Aww, thanks for the encouragement. I guess I am just a little grumpy, since we had a bunch of tornadoes in the area last night. Between the storms and my kids waking me up all night, I didn't get much sleep. I will put on a happy face and power through. :)

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    KkmiaKkmia Registered Users 77 Posts
    Really like the outfits for this weekends event , however is it just me that expected something more summery. It's spring and yet these outfits look like winter outfits
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Aww, thanks for the encouragement. I guess I am just a little grumpy, since we had a bunch of tornadoes in the area last night. Between the storms and my kids waking me up all night, I didn't get much sleep. I will put on a happy face and power through. :)

You know, you need a little happy distraction. Thank the Universe for keeping you safe. And....you have power.

TBH, If I do the shoes I'll be happy. I don't do many bags, because my dolls figure is so cute, why cover it up? lol. But I love shoes, and jewelry.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Hi guys! I just got to start the event because my power was out for almost 14 hours...thankfully all the food was intact:D and now I can start the event!

I am a little bummed, because I love the gift box items..but I don't know if I can get them...oh well.

Have fun!:D
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    It was ALT's fashion thang, so I think that's why it's heavy. But.....oh, for the love of all things Glu makes money on...A lot of people who will NOT blindly buy stars and gamble on a good prize, WILL buy stars and spend them on a known quantity. ADD the Weekend Buy Now Sale outfits back please. In addition to the Special weekend long outfit event please?

Sorry but each week there is non, I get a little sadder. lol. If it was going to happen, it would have popped up by now. Ok, back to the boots.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Oh Koko, I feel for you. I wish those were back, too. hopefully by then I will have more than 10 kstars:p.
    Hey if we bug them about it long enough, maybe they will do a special Koko sale!:D

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Me and my no luck having self... Smh, but I'm not going to complain too much bcuz a few weekends ago there weren't any special items in the 1st set of gift boxes.

A suggestion I would make (and I will add it to the official suggestion thread if it's not there already) . I understand a player doesn't have to spend thier K Stars to open additional boxes, however, a lot of us do. Yes, essentially it's a gamble, but since actually money is spent playing this game, I don't think anyone should feel "robbed".

In my opinion, gift box items should be equivalent to 40 K Stars or more.
    Example:
    •If a player purchased energy from the star shop and spent 40 K Stars they would receive 50 bolts. Why on event weekends do we have to lose out on 10 energy bolts?

•If a player spends 40 K Stars to open additional boxes they shouldn't received and pair of shoes which normally cost 10 stars, a jumper that normally cost 20 stars or a necklace that normally cost 30 stars.

Whatever they win should be worth 40 stars or more. I know it's impossible to please and/or grant every players "wishes ", but this could be a good first step and compromise.

PhotoGrid_1428681285370_zpsr0xrqnpv.jpg

Continue having fun this weekend everyone :)
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    You're so right DMV_Doll, it's not cool when people may be spending real money to be disappointed like that. Yes it's a way for glu to make money but that can sway towards offputting when there's no benefit to the player. This game is supposed to be fun, if it starts to look like gambling and imagine there are people getting into trouble with their families for spending too much money on it, and people are actually wasting that money on things they don't want, just because they like a cool outfit and want a chance to wear it, the game just seems like it's taking advantage of it's players rather than letting them spend money on things they want without all this pressure. They would still make good profit, without people feeling regret for spending, which would actually encourage customer loyalty. This may never change, but it would be a real shame. We all really like this game, disappointment and the feeling of being cheated however are not what we should feel from playing it in an honest way.
    Not to kill anyone's vibe though, I still hope you're all having a fun weekend, obvs :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    Yeah, in the long run, they'd make more. I get to a point and I stop because instead of getting "Awesome" with every purchase...I'm becoming more determined to stop spending ANY stars of the boxes. I will gladly however, buy the Outfit Specials if they bring them back. And, Psychologically I will spend more. If I spend 80-100 Stars on a 2 item package, I am assured of happiness. To continue the happiness, I'm more likely to also buy boxes, because I'm happy about the OUtfit I just bought.

It's Woman 101.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Exactly Koko, as a business they should see what motivates us to buy and what doesn't :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    I'm happy and sad at the same time because I spend all my k-stars in the giftboxes and had saved for next vip event but the outfit was so tempting!
  • Options
    I am glad to see that everyone is having a good weekend over all.
    I too am a lil disappointed, since I realize that I may not get what I wanted out of the gift boxes but, oh well, as you all have said it is a gamble.

Have fun guys!

Do I need to go get some more tea and snacks? have we run out yet?

• Options
    Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    Ugh, my boxes had 2 of the items and I didn't pick them. I even used my last 40 kstars hoping to get that dress. Of course it was in there but I didn't pick it. Oh well, I agree that they should bring back buying the outfit with kstars at the end of the weekend. I would buy that dress. Also, what happened to the specials they used to have for extra energy and kstars that used to pop up? I used to get them all the time but i haven't seen them in months. Did they take them away or it it just my device that doesn't seem to get them anymore?
  • Options
    BabySimmo93BabySimmo93 Registered Users 124 Posts
    with Andre's fashion event i got some useless outfit :( got the shoes and nearly got the bag :) have 42k stars but not wasting them as iaint daft enough to use real money lol, wish everything was k money instead of stars lmao
    C'mon you Hull :mad:
  • Options
    mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    As I open my gift box for my guy and get $4k, I had an idle thought.

Would anyone else like if instead of cash, there was a gift box with a large amount of exp? To me, that would be far more useful than cash especially at the higher levels. I have been almost at level 31 for days now.
    GC: redsoxxygal
  • Options
    I would love a gift box with exp in it! That would be awesome:)

If I were to get cash then I would want it to be one with 40k and not 4k, but at this I would not mind the cash because it would, help me in saving up for one of the cars..i need that!

But yeah it would be nice to have exp in it:D

• Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i'm glad i'm off today because this headache is too real lol. so far i've unlocked the shoes. random thought but has anyone else noticed how large Andre is in the game. he towers over me like i'm a hobbit. i wish we could make slight body adjustments to our characters.

yes MindyBunny that would be a great idea. cash is great if your just starting out but exp is the name of the game once you're a high level
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Ooh, I would love experience in the gift boxes too!

On a happy note, I finally got the boots! So, my measly gigs will get a few bonus stars now! Yay! (That sounds sarcastic, but it really isn't.) :)

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    Ooh, I would love experience in the gift boxes too!

On a happy note, I finally got the boots! So, my measly gigs will get a few bonus stars now! Yay! (That sounds sarcastic, but it really isn't.) :)

Yay to MommtTo3Munchkins! So having the shoes gives you a bonus?:)

I wish I could finally get something, I am only 5 points away from a gift box! Ugh but it feels like it is taking forever. Maybe its because all I have/had linned up are 8 hour gigs...oh well just keep pluggin.

Alkoholiks wrote: »
    i'm glad i'm off today because this headache is too real lol. so far i've unlocked the shoes. random thought but has anyone else noticed how large Andre is in the game. he towers over me like i'm a hobbit. i wish we could make slight body adjustments to our characters.

yes MindyBunny that would be a great idea. cash is great if your just starting out but exp is the name of the game once you're a high level

It is weird how he towers over everyone..i feel like a midget next to him.
    I wish they would allow us to change our body types too..

• Options
    Lol. Did you say Days? I do agree with the experience, but in solidarity with my wallet......I no longer buy any gift boxes if there isn't an outfit to buy for KStars Outright. It's a personal pledge, I know people drop off because we deserve to splurge, but with the gift boxes, it's no longer controlled spending. It's out own little Vegas. I will buy what I want, but I'm not buying giftboxes. That doesn't work for me. It's not a gift if you have to buy it.

Seriously, I miss my partner in crime. We'd gladly buy the outfit....not the possibilty of the outfit.

However........I did grab a great pair of boots and I'm closing in on the second pair. Then I'll go for the bag because it is growoing on me.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    Ughhhhh. I hate gift boxes sometimes.
    2890EF7B-4E48-4AFE-94E7-6888C48A542A_zpsz5s0wixv.png
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • Options
    ReginaaReginaa Registered Users 58 Posts
    Has anyone tried throwing parties? Do we get stars from guests if we have the event/gift box clothing?
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I think it is jobs only this event, Reginaa.

I was off to a good start let's hope it continues. I won the beige coat when I decided to roll the dice on a 40K star box. I didn't risk it again but at least, it had four prizes in there, so that was a great thing to see.

Then the first event prize, a mystery box, I won the pink earrings.

Working my way slowly to the boots.
  • Options
    ReginaaReginaa Registered Users 58 Posts
    I threw a party and got 2 stars from each guest. I have the bag from the gift box.
  • Options
    IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    I just got the boots and now Simon isn't calling me for any gigs. I checked every location and went on a date and I can't do anything.
  • Options
    I just got the boots and now Simon isn't calling me for any gigs. I checked every location and went on a date and I can't do anything.

Hi Ilanawexler!

is he not calling you for story related gigs, regular gigs or just period not calling you?

• Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Mauve wrote: »
    Ughhhhh. I hate gift boxes sometimes.
    2890EF7B-4E48-4AFE-94E7-6888C48A542A_zpsz5s0wixv.png

I know how you feel..........I bought a special offer that popped up with a dress, full energy and 725 k stars for $50. I have now spent more than 600 of the K stars trying to win this weekend's outfit, and I still haven't. I am scared to try the rest and waste all the K stars. I keep getting 4k cash and 40 energy and ugly K clothes like the ruffled blouses from when the game first launched. I am so angry! >:( I really wish they would limit these special event boxes to clothing items and K stars only.
    iOS
  • Options
    Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    If you look at it, the gift boxes suck in a way. Gift boxes are suppose to make us happy and to make us happy they need to get rid of that 4k for starters... I got one of those blouses I never bothered getting because imo I don't like them, yet that's what I've gotten. Last week the white, today the purple blouse.. I'm starting to think I should buy the other 2 just so I won't have it on my gift boxes anymore :)
    glu give us a weekend event to purchase all those special items from past events pleeeeeaaaseee!! LoL
    Ohh and also sometime adjustment would be nice too, idk where everyone is but I'm in Los Angeles, my events start at 2am on Fridays, and the kkh addict that I am I end up waking up and playing at that time and then I have a hard time going back to bed lol

Have a great weekend everyone

GC minne622
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    Ugh I'm so frustrated right now...I my gift box set had only one bonus item in it, and I didn't even win it. I got the Kate Middleton ring-no offense, but I really didn't want it-I really wanted one of the ALT gift box items...oh poo I hope tomorrow will be better.:D