Options

Weekend Event 5/15/2015 Perez' Great Clothes Stars all week- Heck! Let'sParty!

Comments

• Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Minne, I just saw you in Lif, wearing your little glitchy boots! In proof, I can tell you that you said "Happy Friday, Pitches!"

I didn't know you could wear glitch items for real! So funny... You're magic!

How did you even trigger that glitch, anyway? Is it made by putting on the girls' Halloween costume thigh-high boots, followed immediately by putting on the toe-less short boots?
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    How cool! I really want those boots of yours! Mhmm, if the form of these boots are already here, that means they might be in a event very soon.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • Options
    Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Luz in honor of Pitch Perfect 2 ;) lol
    And as far as the glitch.. I had the white boots on and then I switched to the Halloween boots but the white ones stayed on... So then it came to me to try and recreate the highly anticipated (at least by me) knee high boots.
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Charli wrote: »

Camel toe pants and Labia shirts. This has been a popular opinion today, thanks to DMV Doll. :p

smh...I need to get my mind out the genitalia gutter. This has been an interesting thread tho.

Ladies, I have the labia shirt in every color (not by choice) and have never worn any of them.

We definitely need a snatch styling contest. I can say that right?
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Am so behind already. Had been skipping all the events with Kylie & Kendall or Willow, etc so of course now I need to do them all so it is taking forever not having a friend. That'll teach me next time to just get it over with lol
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    I know I said I wasn't going to do this, but here is the other weekend outfit inspiration...

Who wore it best?
    PhotoGrid_1431742209730_zps0pjbrgxa.jpg

I like the Glu interpretation of the dress best, but I despise the shoes...they look heavy to me.

Andriod player
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    that looks great on Khloe. I do love it myself but I opened the original box and got cash (won't complain after last week's event left me broke!) and another and got the square blue dress and never saw it :(
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    is it me or did the raise the price of everything by 50 pts. the mens blazer (last box) is 500 pts. seems pretty steep for something that ugly
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    Kind of ironic that today was the day we set up our lounge for strenuous complaining, when this whole forum's probably gonna be united in a certain feeling over this particular weekend...

• Options
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    is it me or did the raise the price of everything by 50 pts. the mens blazer (last box) is 500 pts. seems pretty steep for something that ugly

You're absolutely right!

Andriod player
  • Options
    YogiBearYogiBear Registered Users 79 Posts
    Ok which suit do y'all like

CFGkNlpVAAEn6Zz.jpg

CFGk7aMUMAANM6L.jpg
    KK: H
    Yogi Bear
    A++ List Ranked #136
    102.4 Million Fans
    2nd Come Back Quest
    A-List Couple Ranked #1

K&K
    Yogi Bear
    39 Followers

BS: AD
    Yogi Bear
    Mainstream Ranked #106
    177.3K Fans
    416.8K Sold
    Bluestacks 2.0.2
  • Options
    SayuSayu Registered Users 90 Posts
    Guys, appearances are also professional gigs, right?
  • Options
    LStarLStar Registered Users 17 Posts
    Sayu wrote: »
    Guys, appearances are also professional gigs, right?

Yup. I wasn't sure either but I did an appearance and still got event points :)
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Oh my original game won that green/blue and white satin wide legged one piece thing with the matching shoes I would think good it's out of the way now I'll have the opportunity to win the other wardrobe gift items but I've heard of things people have won coming up again. If this fiasco pops up in any future gift boxes I'll have something to say about it in the smoking thread!!
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    How's everyone doing so far?

1 game keeps getting 1 or 3 hour gigs and was quick to get the first item, other game was lagging behind by 50 stars! However, last I checked this game managed to catch up and close the gap with only 8 hour gigs (sometimes without friend's help). Maybe 8 hour gigs are not too bad after all?

I think the Perez gig gave 30 stars?
    PM to add
  • Options
    Hi Naimonster! You have a good attitude! Hope you win everything! My games both have exclusively eight hour gigs, and won no event clothes to give bonuses from their gift boxes. It definitely helps to get the 20 points per gig, but I just don't know how many protracted, no friends-allowed gigs I have in me. It's not so much fun as tiring. I'm cheering you on, though, lovely hostess Twinkie!

image.jpg1_zpsypdfstdp.jpg

Urgh, just occurred to me that 500/ 20 is 25! Twenty-five eight hour gigs in this weekend? That's some serious uphill... The extent of my ambition is now the bag for 150 stars! My event just got considerably easier! If only the first guys' prize was a little more interesting. More sunglasses? They need a messenger bag, Glu!

• Options
    Send over some Twinkies. What do they taste like?

Do the Perez gig only after you get one event item! I think that will boost you up by a lot. If I can't get to the end goal by the time event ends, find me at the Hookah Den alright.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Well, it's not like they're a gourmet item, or anything, but I think people desire them for the childhood nostalgia. They're just a pretty bland yellow cake, with an undertone of preservative taste. And they're shot through with a creamy white filling, but it's just sugary whiteness, not buttercream or anything. The thing that can blow your mind is if somebody lovingly makes homemade ones. Then the sky's the limit for bliss. I once had a fresh homemade Twinkie where the cake was so light and fluffy that it barely existed, and the filling was as rich as a Cinnabon topping drizzle. I think I almost died of happiness <and sugar shock>.

I still enjoy the commercial ones because they remind me of taking ballet lessons as a child. One mom would pick us all up afterwards in a car-pool, and we'd Twinkie ourselves into hyperactive little giggling lunatics in the back of the van.

• Options
    Morning sunshine,

I'm currently at 362/500 and waiting for my energy to recharge.

I've done 1 gig with Willow and I couldn't invite a friend, but luckily I had the fashion icon button which gives more stars.

Other than that, I only receive side gigs from Simon (I'll reserve my gig rant for the hookah lounge thread) and I choose 3 hour gigs.

Hopefully I'll finish 2day bcuz I have a lot to do 2moro.

Naimonster wrote: »
    How's everyone doing so far?

1 game keeps getting 1 or 3 hour gigs and was quick to get the first item, other game was lagging behind by 50 stars! However, last I checked this game managed to catch up and close the gap with only 8 hour gigs (sometimes without friend's help). Maybe 8 hour gigs are not too bad after all?

I think the Perez gig gave 30 stars?

Andriod player
  • Options
    Your explanation of Twinkies. I feel like I could taste it already.

DMV_Doll, can't wait to see you modeling the items!

Everyone who just woke up, listen to this song while you KKH.
    PM to add
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Good Morning.
    Off to see the clothes
    won by those
    who chose
    not to repose. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Well, it's not like they're a gourmet item, or anything, but I think people desire them for the childhood nostalgia. They're just a pretty bland yellow cake, with an undertone of preservative taste. And they're shot through with a creamy white filling, but it's just sugary whiteness, not buttercream or anything. The thing that can blow your mind is if somebody lovingly makes homemade ones. Then the sky's the limit for bliss. I once had a fresh homemade Twinkie where the cake was so light and fluffy that it barely existed, and the filling was as rich as a Cinnabon topping drizzle. I think I almost died of happiness <and sugar shock>.

I still enjoy the commercial ones because they remind me of taking ballet lessons as a child. One mom would pick us all up afterwards in a car-pool, and we'd Twinkie ourselves into hyperactive little giggling lunatics in the back of the van.

It's not bland yellow cake. It's spongy lightness with a sweet vanilla taste, the way you wish there was more taste and less cardboard in Angel Food Cake. Eat a twinkie and you'll never enjoy Angel Food Cake again. You'll be spoiled.

And the cream, filled with the nectar of the gods. For Shame Luz. Your conflicted childhood feelings must be coloring your enjoyment of the wonderfulness of a twinkie. The fact that when you came out of ballet you were given twinkies instead of champagne and cigarettes (much like model fare) clearly clouded your recollection.

THe cream, gently sucked through the cake, after a little prodding with your tongue....well, A twinkie. I aspire to eat, and be a twinkie.

And like you, I'm suffering through the 8 hour no friend series of gigs, and if I get the bag .....yay. big whoop. And no outfit to buy outright? Hmmm, I think this belongs in the Hooka Bar. But it's all good. Next week's event wil be doable for everyone. And i haven't seen a one hour gig in months. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    That must be it, Koko! I was snobbishly holding out for champagne and cigarettes, even as a bishy little ballerina! And the smoking must've been what dulled my taste buds to the exquisite nuances of the store-bought Twinkie. To be fair, I do prefer strong tasting foods, really. I visited Iceland a long time ago, and the breakfast in our b&b was a spread of pickled and dried fishes, with some breads on the side. I think I was the only one who enjoyed it. I even tried to bring some dried catfish <I think it was dried catfish; hard to tell> home to my dad, thinking he might eat it or just laugh, but at the airport, I was told my luggage stank, and they took it away. This was at Iceland's own airport, where they considered it a bit much.

I'm no judge of food taste, to be honest.

• Options
    1 more gig to mud pants now. That's half-way through so it's possible but hard work!!
    PM to add
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Your explanation of Twinkies. I feel like I could taste it already.

DMV_Doll, can't wait to see you modeling the items!

Everyone who just woke up, listen to this song while you KKH.
    I usually listen to Halsey when I'm playing KKH. She's like my fav singer of all time.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    I usually listen to Halsey when I'm playing KKH. She's like my fav singer of all time.

Post one of her songs here!
    PM to add
  • Options
    mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    Thanks for the Beatles koko! That song is my alarm. :D

This event is SO long. Luckily, my baby was a sleepy guy yesterday and I was able to grind during his naps. I made it to the shoes right before I went to bed. If he was up a normal amount, I would be nowhere near it.

Keep going everyone! You can do it!
    GC: redsoxxygal
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Post one of her songs here!

These are my two fav songs by her:
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I'm on 363/500 rn. Just came by to share my music with you too ;)
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    good morning everyone!

twinkies definitely remind me of being a kid. the also used to remind me of home. my family would send those and the tastykake versions to me. necture of the gods
    no i don't have any chill