Options

Weekend Event 7/10/2015 - Hot Fun in the Summer Time

Comments

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Probably why they don't release teasers, or go in the regular scheduled events is so people can't prep anymore.

OMG Naim... I was just abt to say the same thing lol

In addition to that, I think they also stopped teasers for updates bcuz there was some kind of unexpected delay with the baby update (remember they kept saying "soon" and "really soon",but it took almost a week to release it ) and they ended up getting attacked on social media.

I don't think the teasers make the game more or less fun. With or without a teaser the event starts at the same time (5:00 am EST). If anything.... not having a teaser builds additional anticipation.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time ๐Ÿ˜‰

Andriod player
  • Options
    wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I really like the items offered this week. Especially the shoes and dress in the gift box... fingers crossed I luck out and get something for once!
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    OMG Naim... I was just abt to say the same thing lol

In addition to that, I think they also stopped teasers for updates bcuz there was some kind of unexpected delay with the baby update (remember they kept saying "soon" and "really soon",but it took almost a week to release it ) and they ended up getting attacked on social media.

I don't think the teasers make the game more or less fun. With or without a teaser the event starts at the same time (5:00 am EST). If anything.... not having a teaser builds additional anticipation.

Well it's definitely more anticipation for me. I couldn't find the male's teaser anywhere so I'm staying up til 5 AM waiting for the event to start. I've actually liked the event clothes lately so hopefully Glu can keep the streak going although I do agree the girl's clothes are getting dull.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    MikeGagaChicagoMikeGagaChicago Registered Users 64 Posts
    Another week I'm not getting the event. This is ridiculous, I'm done with this game.
  • Options
    MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    Great weekend for shoe shopping!! My credit card hurts but thats the way it goes...;(((
  • Options
    Another week I'm not getting the event. This is ridiculous, I'm done with this game.
    Do you have a hacked game or a jailbroken phone? If so, that's why you're not getting the event. If not, contact Glu and they'll help you.
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Here's the Men's Collection..

IIVNAg8.png

mFz7pJ9.png

And I got these Cargo Pants from the Box :mad:

8776ZtR.png

How's everyone doing? I'm not that interested either. Especially those pants, so simple like the regular pants in the closet!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    SayuSayu Registered Users 90 Posts
    ****, they even made the dates even harder! And I had no event clothes when I opened the event gift box.. Only money, energy and k-stars. Once again..so disappointed..
  • Options
    LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    91EF16F3-51A4-422A-A3BD-125659FF0945_zpsr7ka5yay.png

Another week, another batch of energy :( to be honest I think the only other thing I would have wanted from the boxes would be the kstars. Not sure how I feel about this weekends event. I started dating and it was on the 1hr dates and you only got 6 love hearts. Like really? They aren't giving us much motivation to do these events
    โœจ KKH:ย Gigi // IRL: Andrew โœจ

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Sayu wrote: ยป
    they even made the dates even harder!

Really? Seems pretty much the same as they've always been. Is the payout less compared to the events in past? I went on 8 and 2 hour dates so far, and I received a total of 30 points. The kissing action gives a bonus heart, which is a good sign.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    My guy got the pants in the gift box (yay!) and the other... well... cash lol.
    PM to add
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I think I like the guys' stuff better, but I'll still probably just earn each doll's giftbox and then go outside to enjoy my actual life! I used to be so into these events! Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that my game still receives them, but...

Of course, the guys' giftbox shirt thingy is my favorite prize this week, but I have been well-trained and know not to chase it. Or the blue watch, which is kinda pretty. Too bad I couldn't just pay an exorbitant amount to gamble but know that I would eventually win them! thank god this isn't how half of our real possessions are available! Can you imagine?!
    9d7ab77e-26fb-468f-9456-adfd19eb4577_zps2d4jnlke.jpg

I really don't understand this huge earrings trend. It'd be odd in real-life, and in the game, the giftbox earrings look like tusks!
    dabe8f97-6189-46cc-b849-9ba94f58aa3b_zpsjpqygc5z.jpg

Does this look good?
    6a84a665-7a83-491d-8779-b1421ccf8811_zpsbkuxdn84.jpg

But I have to say that Stellan won this great shirt from his regular daily giftbox today. So s3xy!!
    3b3e694e-0bd9-4979-96f3-7a2efa3dc385_zpsmb5z2njc.jpg
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    No event again. Time to delete the game for good.
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
  • Options
    Sassi wrote: ยป
    No event again. Time to delete the game for good.

Sassi, you know I've always been crazy about you, but I don't know what you're expecting here-- if your device is jailbroken, the events will never be back for you. If it's not, Glu can help you get things fixed again.

But Glu will never restore the events for you unless you contact them. I'm sorry, hon. I'll miss you.

• Options
    Holy p00p! I won the giftbox dress! That's a shock. And it's ironic, because if I was grinding to play this event, it'd be great to have the bonus right from the beginning! Life is funny.
    773ce925-a77a-416f-a647-827659297d04_zpsyydvdjyk.jpg

Koko came to check out my Vegas tribute show to Tina Turner. Hi hon! You look stunning as always!
    image.jpg3_zpsgiyacxv2.jpg

And of course, for my guy's game...at least the universe still makes sense.
    291b1cad-32b8-4135-9333-6afa79bfb6c3_zpsgyu4rl9s.jpg
    Goodbye, little blue watch and interesting layered top!

I wonder what the gift box "sales" will be, without the altered games playing!

Good luck to you grinders!

• Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Picked a "j e r k" of a guy to date (since he was somewhat good looking) and got the free gift box. Only the earrings were available to win in mine, but I got 40 k-stars. So, I am happy to just walk away. Hopefully, the NeNe gigs give hearts, because I am done. Even though I have a ton of $$ saved up in my game, I have dating weekends.

Edit: I didn't know j e r k was a bad word!

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    Hey Charli, I almost forgot: I am sending you some fattoush and a platter of tabouli with kibbe. Those are my favorite Middle Eastern foods.

763229a7-4d5e-403b-9f15-3773fb5ed6d1_zpspqjnarub.jpg
    c3b4b109-c125-4229-8e8c-5d1ae1085caa_zpsjzyxmotx.jpg

• Options
    MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    I'm not even gonna get the giftbox. I'm not going to do the weekend gig. I already hate dating and Glu isn't helping. I'm done.

image_zpscnhpvvt1.jpg~original
  • Options
    Talk about dumb luck...but at least I'm done! No more dates for me this weekend lol

PhotoGrid_1436528349900_zpstrrt0boz.jpg
    The tusk earrings were in there too. I was so shocked this happened, I 4got to take and after shot.

I should have known Kourtney was the inspiration. Out of all the sisters, I like her style the least. She has a few good fashion moments that I like, but not many...

PhotoGrid_1436526673268_zps6r6w8fy8.jpg

Side note, what's the deal with the oversized chandelier earrings lately ??? That style went out years ago Glu

Andriod player
  • Options
    MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    If they were smaller they would be cuter. I hate the big earrings in this game. I really don't the big hoop-rope earrings. They're so trashy to me. Next thing you know they want my doll to wear neon baby phat clothes and neon plastic bangles. If the dress was first I would do this event. Not anymore.
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered Users 40 Posts
    I only like the shirt and really hate the blazer with hoodie underneath. I guess I had some luck with the box 8A1A3B1C-D44A-4872-A770-647FC2A02641_zps5hqeip4d.png
    GC: King Jacek
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    OMG, that food looks delicious, but............where is our Noona? Darn it. If that old clunker of a catering truck broke down again, what will we do? Why don't we just open up the petty cash room, and let her grab enough for a new Escalade or something. Should we go find her Charli? I'm at your disposal. We can gather a search party.

And, as far as no events for some, if you are playing a legit game, and are not getting the events, by all means, let Glu know about it and fix things.

Luz, you look gorgeous in the short black, um..Emu? Nah, um, Maribu? Caribu? What are those feathers from? I kind of liked the dress now that I see you in. But I must need new glasses. It almost looks like the dress went all rastabraids. The earner earrings are 150. So, you think 300 for the shoes? and what 600 for the dress again? I wish there was a Kim's Pick this week. But when there isn't, I get itchy to buy clothes and hair.....make my own little shopping spree.

Here's a little musical interlude. I love Gwen Stefani. And her hunky hubby? Oh, be still my heart. Can you believe in the game for about 2 months my bu looked just like Gavin Rossdale. Ahh, good times.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    in what level we need to be to have the weekend event?
  • Options
    SayuSayu Registered Users 90 Posts
    Which is the gig we need to complete for NeNe Leakes? I received a gig 'High Pitched' from Simon 3h ago, is this one the event gig?
  • Options
    I think it's probably open to all levels, I don't see any restriction on it in my game. Francesca, if you are still having issues with your game I think the only choice is to contact Glu Customer Care, and have them troubleshoot it for you. Did you get the event last week? I'm sorry if I forgot, your situation. It's been a crazy few weeks. I'm going to start a thread in the Support thread. (My motto: Just because you're paranoid doesn't meant people aren't trying to kill you.) and I humbly return this Weekend Party thread to the Party Position. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm not in love with the clothes of the event, but also didn't think they are that bad I believe if combined with the right pieces they may be more interesting.

I'm almost afraid to say that here, date events has been my favorite in recent times, because although probably have to grind up 600 points to take the whole outfit yet this type of event is easy compared to others. Hope Glu don't listen me!

Dates of 4 hours at Oak's are the best strategy in case someone is wondering, 16 points for each date, with a 43 full energy bar you can do 2 dates. Flee from 8 hours they end up with an entire bar of energy and give only 20 points.

The first gig of Nene is interesting to make 3-hour event and gives 22 points.
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Ok, for anyone playing a legit game, who has not gotten this weekend event, please go here and post http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?160982-Not-Getting-Weekend-Events-Legal-Game&p=338263#post338263 and I'll try to get an answer for you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Sayu wrote: ยป
    Which is the gig we need to complete for NeNe Leakes? I received a gig 'High Pitched' from Simon 3h ago, is this one the event gig?
    Yep, that's it.

Well I guess I'm in the minority - I LOVE THIS EVENT! Ever since Glu made parties harder, dating has become my favourite kind of event because it's the only time I don't see dating as a hassle/chore. I feel like it's so much easier to win hearts than it is to win stars in gigs/parties. I was disappointed at first that I won 50 energy instead of a gift box prize - but the 50 was put to good use getting through a number of 2 hr and 4 hr dates in Soho and Las Vegas. I love that you get a heart when you perform the 'kiss' action. And now having just completed the first Nene event (it's only 3 hours - yay!) I am now at 177 hearts, and have already won the earrings! Presuming it takes 600 hearts to win the dress, I actually believe for the first time in WEEKS that I will be able to finish this event! That is a very exciting and promising feeling! Thank you Glu!!

Now fix my baby....
  • Options
    Wolf, I'm glad ur enjoying this event... ๐Ÿ˜Š

I kinda want the black & gold dress now that I keep seeing it, but I don't think I'm willing to put the effort into getting it. I'll see how far Nene's gig's get me.

BTW... I must say, it feels good not to be taunted by hacker images of them completing the event within hours of it starting on social media. Lol

Andriod player
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I really like the items that the men can win. Notice they look like nice summer clothing!? Glu thinks summer clothing for ladies = bikini and short shorts. Glu thinks nice dresses = black fabric (or feathers LOL)

I don't have a male doll but I look forward to seeing them win this weekend.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens