Options

General Complaints Thread

Comments

• Options
    Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    Do I need to tell you how frustrated and mad I am at the moment.!?
    2yoyck8.jpg
  • Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Chanrin wrote: »
    We sign a petition to ERADICATE cash prizes in boxes and we get a ****** CASH BONUS for A VIP EVENT. Well played Glu this is ****ing hilarious.

I know, I'm peeved by this as well. We usually get 1 free k star for each 5-star gig during VIP events. This encourages people to play more! I'm not really motivated to play with 2x the kash. I won the gift box and shoes for the current VIP event and I'm done with it. Not buying giftboxes, not buying k star packs, and not grinding. Come on, Glu!
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    HoneyRaven wrote: »
    Okay, so I have some (very polite) venting to do. As you can see, I'm relatively new to the forum as a posting member, but I have actually followed the forum for some months before I made the decision to join. And let me tell you, the impression that I had of all of you is that you are a fantastic, fun bunch of people who take their enjoyment for a game and ramp it up tenfold by sharing the joy.

However there has been the odd occasion or two where I have asked a question (and had to repeat it) before someone answered, which made me feel a little foolish for asking. And there has also been attempts to get involved in the running or ongoing conversation with the same results. I'd just like to ask that you take a little time to see that someone is new and make them feel a little welcome.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, and maybe it's just paranoia on my part :) I just want to join in on the fun :)

I know how you feel, HoneyRaven. Nearly everything I post gets completely ignored so I've kinda quit trying. We should be buddies though! The new kids can hang out together :)
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
  • Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Don't feel ignored, panda! You guys should head over to the weekend event thread. I made surf n turf & some kind of vegan dish (admittedly I'm such a carnivore and I know very little about vegan meals. Hey, I'm from the south and we love our meat).

Seriously though, I don't want you guys to feel ignored or unnoticed. Some people here post a ton and others not a lot, it just depends. And yes, unfortunately some things get buried. I'm actually more of a weekend poster. I'm so quiet here during the week bc of all the hours I work so most of the time I only have a few minutes every other night to read posts here. I do love to participate in the weekend threads. :)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    HoneyRavenHoneyRaven Registered Users 145 Posts
    To be fair, since I mentioned something, I've felt more than welcome. I think once you speak up a little, people realize you're actually there, haha. More than happy to be friends Panda - and as Eselletea mentioned, the event thread is great for getting involved.

AmyT, I don't think it's an intentional thing by Glu, when I was initially watching free videos, some days they would be there, and some days they wouldn't. I think you'd notice it more though when you get to a K-Stars weekend, because of course that's when you'd want them the most! Now I just purchase what I need, I got too frustrated with not being able to rely on it.

Koko, a suggestion? Maybe a stickied thread where new members can introduce themselves (if they want to)? I know if there was one I'd be happy to stop in whenever I hit the forums to say hi to new people :)
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
  • Options
    Katherine.Katherine. Registered Users 66 Posts
    view.php?pic=k1t8jd&s=8#.VeHQRYm9Kc0
    The boxes together look okay, at least there aren't 6 money boxes, but every event I only get daily gift box clothes that I wouldn't ever wear. Even the 4k box is preferable. Unfortunately I'm out of KStars so I can't try again.
    My Game Center is HHANNAH99, feel free to add me!
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Meh. Not terribly hot, actually. Seemed forced, awkward. 2 out of 5 stars.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Just got to a Wi-Fi connection so I could play...and... well... yeah

PhotoGrid_1440885058612_zpshjwfzdzy.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    pandamoo85 wrote: »
    I know how you feel, HoneyRaven. Nearly everything I post gets completely ignored so I've kinda quit trying. We should be buddies though! The new kids can hang out together :)

Okay, you guys have motivated me to try again. :-)

I'm not new, just a big lurker (see join date). I posted a few times forever ago, and while I didn't feel ignored, it was more what HoneyRaven said about feeling like the "new kid". I'm not particularly shy in real life, so I have no idea why I am so scared of talking to people on the Internet....it makes no sense, I know. :-)

Anyway, giving it another shot. Hi!
  • Options
    AmyT wrote: »
    Just wanted to ask do the free videos disappear during weekend events? The ones in 'other offers' in the star shop - I play on iPhone and usually get approx 20-30 stars per 1-2 days watching those videos. But today they aren't there!? (I haven't purchased a star pack during this event - I realise this can stop the free star ad videos from showing).

So this is just a theory, but I've always thought it was just that during the weekend, more people are also checking for videos at the same time you are. I don't know this for sure, but all I can figure is that there must be only so many videos available at any given time (and I'd guess that number is not consistent and probably varies considerably, for whatever reason). When you try on the weekends, everyone else is looking for them too, so they're all taken or something....I guess? I tend to find way more to watch when I check for them midweek. Seems like they're always pretty scarce during a weekend, particularly during a VIP weekend. But again, I could be totally wrong about all of it, that's just my best guess.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi Lalaloveyou. That does seem kind of logical. Some weekends I would try and get the no videos avail, then others I can.

And my complaint...this VIP outfit looks terribly phoned in as far as VIP outfits go. And nothing special for completing the weekend 'tasks'? I wasn't expecting it, because same thing happened last time it was vip.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Okay, you guys have motivated me to try again. :-)

I'm not new, just a big lurker (see join date). I posted a few times forever ago, and while I didn't feel ignored, it was more what HoneyRaven said about feeling like the "new kid". I'm not particularly shy in real life, so I have no idea why I am so scared of talking to people on the Internet....it makes no sense, I know. :-)

Anyway, giving it another shot. Hi!

Haha...I am quite the opposite. I am extremely shy in real life. And when I'm online I tend to talk a lot.😊
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Hi Lalaloveyou. That does seem kind of logical. Some weekends I would try and get the no videos avail, then others I can.

And my complaint...this VIP outfit looks terribly phoned in as far as VIP outfits go. And nothing special for completing the weekend 'tasks'? I wasn't expecting it, because same thing happened last time it was vip.

Yeah, the VIP outfit is just.....I don't know. I opened my game on Friday, saw that outfit, and it just did not compute. Who the hell wore that? Was the real-life version also terrible? And why the fur? It's august, FFS! Easily my least favorite of all the clothes that have ever existed in this game.

The gift box dress is lovely, though. Of course.

Still, I'm sure I'll have to have the whole thing anyway, because I'm still kind of a completist about this game, and I've got stars saved up....but this is the first time in a while I've considered not having EVERYTHING. I'm hoping that means I might be starting to care a bit less.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Yeah, I know the feeling. I am missing a few things, a lot from the Gift Boxes, but one of my games is just itching to buy gift boxes, and go for it, I don't know, I'm so week. I put one game in pants I think are nicer looking, the don't have that strange panel over the pelvic area up to the waist. Like she's wearing black undies that are showing a darker panel. And the fur top, does it even look good? What can I pair it with. I have to ask am I going to drop another 450 Stars just to say I might have it all? I totally Vat's Haired myself last week over the cream lace top I never ended up with, so I'm gun shy this weekend. It would be great, if the double cash meant there is a LOT of cash items to buy in the next update. I don't know whether that is one of my uesp feelings, or just wishful thinking fitting with my overly cheerful outlook.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Honestly this game to me is getting *so* off putting I had over 1000 kstars and really liked the short gift box hair and I remember not being able to win a similar gift box hairstyle I really liked before but I thought I have over 1000 kstars so I have to be able to win it and if I spend them all fine I know I will use that hairstyle a lot. So I spend all over 1000 kstars did not get the hairstyle not even the earrings (got the dress and shoes *a LOT of kcash*) but having seen eight gift box selection boards only three of them had any special items in the selection. Two boards had one winnable special item and one board had two winnable special items. The rest none. If a game is solely about profit and items are genuinely unattainable unless you're a millionaire I just don't get it. I know this has been gone over a lot and people say don't open gift boxes but it makes it hard to enjoy the rest of the game when it has such a super lame element to it.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    DaphyDaphy Registered Users 133 Posts
    Why do they put daily gifts in the the boxes for the weekend challenge?!? Why am I spending 40 stars on a swimsuit that I could have gotten any other day of the week? Why is the very first box for this challenge 50 points? This game..... Doesn't feel worth it
  • Options
    wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    COJU7LxVAAEa163.jpg:large

Not cool, Glu....
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    COJU7LxVAAEa163.jpg:large

Not cool, Glu....

Ugh... That stinks Wolf! Not one item from the weekend event!!!?! ***

On the plus side, I still covet that hair style of yours. I want it sooooo badly!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    This game is pushing my buttons

Screenshot_2015-09-07-18-11-35_zpsvzv2mxss.png
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts

Omg same. I hate that so much.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh it happened to me today while on a hang out with Kim, hateful!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options

Uggghhh❗❕❗
    That 'fashion talk' actions and so many others take up all of my energy whenever I throw house parties. 😡
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Carol Davida and Jack had a heated argument today because he only wanted shorter dates. Everyday everything was fine until today when he started acting up. Carol Davida decided to take a break and stepped outside to get some fresh air. She is so frustrated with Jack because she wants to have longer dates. She will try again later and Jack and Carol Davida will make up afterwards.
    2rzbcoz.png
    em2av.png
    ezfoyg.png
    I'm not getting a divorce yet because dating is extremely time consuming, takes up too much energy, and it's expensive to wine and dine your partner. If I get a divorce, it would cost too much kstars to get back with my hubby. And I'm not starting over again with a new guy because it will take me more longer to get to where I'm at right now. It took me so much effort to date on this game. I'm almost close to start a family soon so there's no point of getting a divorce. I have no other choice but to stay with him. In my situation, divorce is not an only option at this moment.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Carol Davida and Jack had a heated argument today because he only wanted shorter dates. Everyday everything was fine until today when he started acting up. Carol Davida decided to take a break and stepped outside to get some fresh air. She is so frustrated with Jack because she wants to have longer dates. She will try again later and Jack and Carol Davida will make up afterwards.
    2rzbcoz.png
    em2av.png
    ezfoyg.png
    I'm not getting a divorce yet because dating is extremely time consuming, takes up too much energy, and it's expensive to wine and dine your partner. If I get a divorce, it would cost too much kstars to get back with my hubby. And I'm not starting over again with a new guy because it will take me more longer to get to where I'm at right now. It took me so much effort to date on this game. I'm almost close to start a family soon so there's no point of getting a divorce. I have no other choice but to stay with him. In my situation, divorce is not an only option at this moment.

Keep him, until you're sure that you got everything you want from him. Don't make the mistake I did.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • Options
    Mauve wrote: »
    Keep him, until you're sure that you got everything you want from him. Don't make the mistake I did.

Lol Jack is annoying my doll. But hubbies always have their annoying habits about them though. I love his humble personality and I hate when he's being a pest lol. I will stay with him till I'm maxed out. I think that when I'm maxed out, I will only accept 1 hr dates or 2 hr dates from him. When the baby arrives, I'll have to be on a budget then so I can buy decorations for my baby's nursery room to decorate it. Is it true that the decorations inside of the baby's nursery room is extremely expensive though? I don't want my child's nursery room to look so empty. I love interior design so that's only my weakness when it comes to saving cash on this game.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    It's true, they are pretty expensive.Some things cost 20-50 k-stars or like 15k-30k cash. Depending what you buy I think it's possible for it total up to 150? Or less. And I haven't bought anything, but I have checked out some of the prices.
  • Options
    Lol Jack is annoying my doll. But hubbies always have their annoying habits about them though. I love his humble personality and I hate when he's being a pest lol. I will stay with him till I'm maxed out. I think that when I'm maxed out, I will only accept 1 hr dates or 2 hr dates from him. When the baby arrives, I'll have to be on a budget then so I can buy decorations for my baby's nursery room to decorate it. Is it true that the decorations inside of the baby's nursery room is extremely expensive though? I don't want my child's nursery room to look so empty. I love interior design so that's only my weakness when it comes to saving cash on this game.

It'll poke a hole in your budget... For sure. But I slowly bought things over time. Only thing missing is the crib, but I'm not getting that until my second baby. Husbands are pest, but you gotta work with them to get what you want.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • Options
    It's true, they are pretty expensive.Some things cost 20-50 k-stars or like 15k-30k cash. Depending what you buy I think it's possible for it total up to 150? Or less. And I haven't bought anything, but I have checked out some of the prices.

Oh I think that I will most likely spend cash to buy decorations for the baby's nursery room then. I'll save my k-stars for something more useful.

Mauve wrote: »
    It'll poke a hole in your budget... For sure. But I slowly bought things over time. Only thing missing is the crib, but I'm not getting that until my second baby. Husbands are pest, but you gotta work with them to get what you want.

I think that I may be on the same situation as you then. I will buy the decorations for the baby's nursery room little by little then. Oh yeah hubbies can be quite annoying but in real life men are so hard to understand sometimes though.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    The worst past about those hubbies is taking care of them during (Non-date) week end EVENTS. Mine tried to divorce my doll earlier in between parties OTL Like I have the time to attend his every need when I'm grinding hard for that **** dress!!
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    The worst past about those hubbies is taking care of them during (Non-date) week end EVENTS. Mine tried to divorce my doll earlier in between parties OTL Like I have the time to attend his every need when I'm grinding hard for that **** dress!!

Yes omg that is so true. That is the worst❗❕ My doll's hubby always calls to go out out on dates when it's not even a dating weekend event. It's annoying. Jack is unemployed now since he was my doll's former bodyguard. He never bothered to start job hunting either. But I don't think that he has a social life of his own. He seems like a loner. Jack doesn't have any friends to hang out with. Oh no wonder why my doll's hubby is extremely clingy and needy lol😆
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG