Weekend Event 8/12/16~ Working Hard for the $$Money$$

1235

Comments

  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Community Moderator Moderators 25,843 Posts
    RubyAmazed wrote: »
    Hope you're staying safe, Lants!
    I'm also on iOS and I know all the platforms seem to have the ability to get free Kash/K-Stars offers but I have never gotten them. Where are you guys looking to find these? I've been playing for a year and have never gotten the "get free" banner I've seen under some people's Kash or Stars count.

    Nai has successfully 'reset' her abilit to get stars, and talked someone through it recently. I don't know if this wold help, but if you're not faint of heart, it might help. I'll go find the recent thread. brb.

    Thread re no option for free stars from video.
    🦋Purple Headed  ♊+  🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    🙅I Am NOT a Glu Employee🙅
    & I PLAY 3 GAMES
    💜 Vats is Back ~ My Heart Sings 💜




  • bladeoobladeoo Experienced Member Registered Users 315 Posts
    Yea Lants, this happened to me and unfortunately I think it will keep happening after every IAP you make with real money :/
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Experienced Member Registered Users 111 Posts
    Thanks SugarK and Koko! Sugar, I have never gotten that button on my game, ever. I'm glad I know what to look out for. I do buy star packs, so that may be interfering, although it isn't a very fair system if that's the case. Koko, I read Nai's solution and I may have to wait until I'm more desperate before I risk re-installing! I don't have the stomach for it now... Haha
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
  • LiiLii Advanced Member Registered Users 736 Posts
    RubyAmazed wrote: »
    Thanks SugarK and Koko! Sugar, I have never gotten that button on my game, ever. I'm glad I know what to look out for. I do buy star packs, so that may be interfering, although it isn't a very fair system if that's the case. Koko, I read Nai's solution and I may have to wait until I'm more desperate before I risk re-installing! I don't have the stomach for it now... Haha
    I've never had that button either. For me it looks like this:

    U4hcXD5.jpg

    I wonder why that is? I also play on iOS...
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Community Moderator Moderators 25,843 Posts
    bladeoo wrote: »
    Yea Lants, this happened to me and unfortunately I think it will keep happening after every IAP you make with real money :/

    For every person we hear of that lost the ability to watch videos, there are a lot more who have no problem. So if you want to take advantage of sales, or just want to buy stars you shouldn't let this stop you. But I do hope you get it resolved. If it doesn't work, or you don't want to uninstall and reinstall, then submit a ticket to customer care. Explain the situation and see what they have to offer as far as instructions or advice.

    And if nothing else works, post again and we'll try a different tactic. :)
    🦋Purple Headed  ♊+  🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    🙅I Am NOT a Glu Employee🙅
    & I PLAY 3 GAMES
    💜 Vats is Back ~ My Heart Sings 💜




  • SugarKSugarK Senior Member Registered Users 1,704 Posts
    Lii and Ruby, I don't know, my page has always looked like that ever since I started playing the game. And I can get 6 daily videos as long as I wait 24 hours between. There are not always videos in the other offers, but I don't usually watch those until the stars double up, like they are this weekend.
    Lii wrote: »
    I've never had that button either. For me it looks like this:

    U4hcXD5.jpg

    I wonder why that is? I also play on iOS...
  • LenochkaLenochka Experienced Member Registered Users 179 Posts
    About the watch videos for stars. On my game in order to access that option I need to turn off in app purchases on my iPad and then I can watch the videos. Maybe try that Ruby :)
    1. Go to settings on your device
    2. Restrictions
    3. Then just turn off in app purchases
    4. Go back into your KimK game to the KStar offers and you should have a button to watch videos or other offers
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Advanced Member Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    I'm finished with the event and I am thinking about giving it another try for the dress.
    Could I still end up with 30 event points? That would be the worst giftbox everrrr lol😱
    Android
  • Nisha300Nisha300 Experienced Member Registered Users 347 Posts
    So I haven't been able to play cause I been working all week and I slept most of Saturday I was just too tired but in a positive turn of events I got the gift box dress in my freebie box so yay for that I really wanted the hair cuase I always dig the Afrocentric styles since I'm black in real life and wear my hair like that anyway but whatever not gonna be a sore loser about it
  • Melimda119Melimda119 New Member Registered Users 49 Posts
    So glad I got the hair! Not too much of a fan of the earnable items, but the Afrocentric hair is awesome since I'm black and I like for my doll to wear hairstyles that I wear in real life
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Advanced Member Registered Users 1,195 Posts
    So I totally rallied and -

    tumblr_obwy6hVGg11qfvh9po1_540.jpg

    Thank goodness! I think I'll finish the last Misty mission later today, just because. I wish she could find a decent guy but at least we're giving her some great new looks ;3
    Add me on android here ;3

    #ComeBackVats
  • bladeoobladeoo Experienced Member Registered Users 315 Posts
    I still don't understand why Misty isn't in the selfie options. Every other in game, uh, person is!
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Expert Member Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    As much as I really wanted the hair, it was really hard for me to snagged it on my palettes. I've mistakenly chosen the wrong boxes again.:(
    pYKQSs.png

    nIJB0a.png
    Daily Android KKH player

    Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

    If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

    Follow me on IG

    #SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

  • LantsPanceLantsPance Advanced Member Registered Users 959 Posts
    On my girl iOS game, I've always been able to.
    On my guy game, they only show up if I disable in-app purchases (under general-> restrictions in settings). So maybe give that a shot if you don't get videos.

    Thanks for everyone's well wishes for my safety. My family and I are okay. We had some flooding in our home but didn't lose anything too valuable. Lots of others weren't so fortunate. It's heartbreaking, really. :(

    After reading everyone's posts on the last page.. I don't know what to do. I'm too afraid to uninstall the game in fear of losing it. I've never had the free video option so I guess it really doesn't make me a difference. It's not like I had it and then lost it. I've never had the feature at all. I tried to do the restriction thing and was unsuccessfull. I don't know.
    Daily iOS K&K and KKH player
  • tara98goldtara98gold Junior Member Registered Users 87 Posts
    Lenochka wrote: »
    About the watch videos for stars. On my game in order to access that option I need to turn off in app purchases on my iPad and then I can watch the videos. Maybe try that Ruby :)
    1. Go to settings on your device
    2. Restrictions
    3. Then just turn off in app purchases
    4. Go back into your KimK game to the KStar offers and you should have a button to watch videos or other offers

    I lost my ability to earn K-Stars through videos after making a star package purchase and now after following the above steps, I can again. I wasn't willing to uninstall my game, I am too far in. But for now, I am thankful this worked so thank you for posting this.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Community Moderator Moderators 25,843 Posts
    This is great info Lenochka. If it isn't in the thread about Stars for videos thread, I'll go move it. Like tara, I'm not going to willingly unistall my games at any cost. I feel more secure with apple, but it's still a terror to uninstall your game if you haven't got to.
    🦋Purple Headed  ♊+  🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    🙅I Am NOT a Glu Employee🙅
    & I PLAY 3 GAMES
    💜 Vats is Back ~ My Heart Sings 💜




  • tara98goldtara98gold Junior Member Registered Users 87 Posts
    I figured I was better not being able to earn the free stars and get them other ways throughout the game then uninstall my game with the result of losing my progress. No thank you! lol! :) I was wondering why I lost the free video option but noticed it happened after buying the stars (which was worth it). But, I didn't care enough to do research because it didn't bother me that much. But that work around that was just posted helped and that is cool! :)
  • VatsVats Expert Member Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    LantsPance wrote: »
    Thanks for everyone's well wishes for my safety. My family and I are okay. We had some flooding in our home but didn't lose anything too valuable. Lots of others weren't so fortunate. It's heartbreaking, really. :(

    After reading everyone's posts on the last page.. I don't know what to do. I'm too afraid to uninstall the game in fear of losing it. I've never had the free video option so I guess it really doesn't make me a difference. It's not like I had it and then lost it. I've never had the feature at all. I tried to do the restriction thing and was unsuccessfull. I don't know.

    Oh Lants what's going on? I feel that I missed something, glad you and your family are ok though.

    Congrats to those who finished the event!

    So there's a mid-week happening tomorrow if the spoilers are correct... I would apreciate a lot if everyone who has a male doll could post your opened boxes I need to evaluate something!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • krystalkrystal Experienced Member Registered Users 235 Posts
    Are we going to have a Monday thread this week for tomorrow's event?
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Advanced Member Registered Users 959 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Oh Lants what's going on? I feel that I missed something, glad you and your family are ok though.

    Congrats to those who finished the event!

    So there's a mid-week happening tomorrow if the spoilers are correct... I would apreciate a lot if everyone who has a male doll could post your opened boxes I need to evaluate something!


    The state I live in had a major flood. It is being named the "500 Year Flood."
    It only happens once every 500 years and it has happened to us. People's homes and businesses are flooding due to excess waters from rain, rivers, lakes, and bayous. People have to travel via boats in some areas. Many are trapped inside of their homes because their vehicles are ruined and their houses have many feet of water in them. It is very, very sad. Just google "Louisiana flood" if you want to see more information. :(

    I will post pics of my boxes for you, buddy.

    Also, I tried the restriction thing again and I am now able to watch videos and complete offers for stars.
    Daily iOS K&K and KKH player
  • VatsVats Expert Member Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh I'm so sorry Lants!

    I didn't know that you live in Lousiana, but I heard about it!

    Truly said! Now I'm more glad that you and your family are safe.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • JulesmoJulesmo Advanced Member Registered Users 634 Posts
    Lants, I am so sorry! I was wondering if you were in LA. I am right next door on the MS Gulf Coast. Whereabouts are you? I sent you a PM also.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Community Moderator Moderators 25,843 Posts
    Lants, I have you in my prayers. I'm so sorry you're in the path of such destruction.
    🦋Purple Headed  ♊+  🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    🙅I Am NOT a Glu Employee🙅
    & I PLAY 3 GAMES
    💜 Vats is Back ~ My Heart Sings 💜




  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Expert Member Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Lance, I'm not sure it if you read my message at the K&K chat room. But as soon as you mentioned it, I've searched it up on Facebook. It's quite devastating.:(

    I remembered a natural disaster similarly happened around 2012. It was hurricane Sandy. It destroyed people's properties and businesses. There were people who have lost their lives due to that storm and some people were homeless. And it's usually so rare for that to happened at NY state and the tri-state area as well. Thank goodness my family and I were safe. We lived in an apartment and didn't lose our personal belongings. It didn't affect me but most importantly, I'm thankful that I'm still alive.
    Daily Android KKH player

    Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

    If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

    Follow me on IG

    #SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

  • SugarKSugarK Senior Member Registered Users 1,704 Posts
    Lants you and your family stay safe!!! Thinking about you all ❤️
  • bladeoobladeoo Experienced Member Registered Users 315 Posts
    Lants, stay safe and you will definitely be in my thoughts <3
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Advanced Member Registered Users 1,154 Posts
    I'm so sorry Lants! I hope everything is okay. xo
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Advanced Member Registered Users 577 Posts
    Lants I had no idea you lived in Louisiana too. The floods are devastating. I personally know about three people who's homes were flooded. Down the street from where I live there is a huge body of water and the only thing that's keeping it from flooding the area is the train track which is why I'm currently staying at my grandparents house. But Lants I hope you stay safe.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Senior Member Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Lants you are in my prayers. Stay safe and dry.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Community Moderator Moderators 25,843 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Lants I had no idea you lived in Louisiana too. The floods are devastating. I personally know about three people who's homes were flooded. Down the street from where I live there is a huge body of water and the only thing that's keeping it from flooding the area is the train track which is why I'm currently staying at my grandparents house. But Lants I hope you stay safe.


    NQueen are you there as well? If you said you lived there I'm sorry, I missed it. Now I have to worry about both of you. Big hugs doll. Stay safe, everybody.
    🦋Purple Headed  ♊+  🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    🙅I Am NOT a Glu Employee🙅
    & I PLAY 3 GAMES
    💜 Vats is Back ~ My Heart Sings 💜




Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!