Options

General Complaints Thread

Comments

• Options
    MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    I call this the Glu curse: NO WEEKEND EVENT!! I thought Glu stopped doing this! Now I can't even earn stuff wth
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Minji. did you get the event at 5:00 a.m. Eastern? You posted an hour and 7 minutes early. Hope you got it now.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Minji. did you get the event at 5:00 a.m. Eastern? You posted an hour and 7 minutes early. Hope you got it now.

I was too early I guess. I got the last weekend event at 5PM KST Friday but this time I got it at 8PM KST
  • Options
    urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    I can't stand how sketchy some of the places the offers for free kstars come from are. I want free stars but I really don't want to put all my private information at risk to get them. Does anyone know if Glu actually verifies that these sites and surveys are from legit companies?
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I don't think Glu is in charge of choosing the offers, I'm pretty sure it's a third-party that sets it up and it's just imbedded in the app.

The ONLY offers I do are the app downloads. The others are very sketchy. Never, never give out your private information! Those sites are not secure and their databases can be hacked. You can either get spammed, scammed, or your information will be sold to a third-party who may not use your information appropriately. Unless you know the company is legit (like one time I signed up for a free trial at ancestry.com) then stay far away.
  • Options
    urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    Thanks. Yeah usually I just do the app downloads too but even with those lately when I go to read the details it wants me to do it through something other than the play store and I am not so sure about that.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • Options
    Yeah I skip those too. I just don't trust those sites :( Like why do you need my address to take a survey?
  • Options
    tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I know this is a "love" weekend so hopefully anyone who doesn't want to see griping will skip new Hookah posts. I need to grumble though. Basically, I don't play this game to submit tickets and wait for help, or to post my details on a glitch thread. When something is wrong, I do that, but when two or three things are wrong at once (which, I'm sorry, can be the case with this game), I just skip it. I know, the way to get stuff fixed is to post in the glitch thread or submit a ticket. But I don't want to spend my KKH time doing that.

I know we aren't supposed to mention other games, but I play ONE other game, a successful one with lots of players, that posts elaborate, days long events. There is an in game chat feature that I use with my group on that game, and not once has a person not gotten anything when everyone else did. I know this because we all talk about it.

Sometimes I dread coming here at the start of an event because I know I'll see people upset that they didn't get it, or maybe I didn't get it and I find out here. PLEASE don't anyone take that as me having a problem with complaints, I don't, my point is that it's frustrating seeing game issues when we all deserve the same great experience.

Ok, my vent is over. Try to fix some of this stuff, Glu. Not a bandaid when it happens, but PREVENTIVE measures.

I absolutely love this post and I totally agree with you.
  • Options
    I don't want anyone to think the rule about talking about other games, apply to Glu Games. Obviously if it's a Glu Game, you can feel free to say you're loving Kitchen Dash or EW3 that's not breaking any rules. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KymmiKymmi Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have been lurking here and created an account just for this gripe of mine! :mad:
    I am so, so mad about the people on IG (probably other social media sites too)selling their games! They are making money off their havks and cheats and off Glu's copywrited material. It makes me so **** mad. I wish Glu would do something - anything! - about it!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Yes, I recently saw that on IG and it's outrageous. They're selling hacked accounts with all event items, there you go Glu.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Kymmi wrote: »
    I have been lurking here and created an account just for this gripe of mine! :mad:
    I am so, so mad about the people on IG (probably other social media sites too)selling their games! They are making money off their havks and cheats and off Glu's copywrited material. It makes me so **** mad. I wish Glu would do something - anything! - about it!

There's nothing to do about it. As long as those people selling their accounts don't mention their ID they can't be blocked. It's been like this from the beginning and it'll always be like that even though it's really annoying.
  • Options
    Yikes. Well everyone has different tastes. I personally have a lot of longer skirts from gift boxes so I liked the shorts.

I can understand why we are not able to change NPC appearances. It's not like you can change a stranger's appearance in real life. It would be nice if they would allow us to change some of those features on our spouse though, even if it's just hair cut and/or color.
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Luckily Glu weighs all our "idiot" opinions equally. Also, we are not here submitting work orders for Glu, we are making suggestions.
  • Options
    Minji wrote: »
    There's nothing to do about it. As long as those people selling their accounts don't mention their ID they can't be blocked. It's been like this from the beginning and it'll always be like that even though it's really annoying.

Minji and others. No sooner do hackers find a new way to cheat, Glu begins working to combat it. For those who weren't around for the 1st Weekend event in July 2015, everything looked fine. A new update came in. Great features. When the weekend event started, people started posting that they had no event. It wasn't a glitch, we soon learned that hacked games were blocked from any events. It was like the St. Valentines Day Massacre, but instead of Capone doing it, It was Glu. Members had to kill their whole game, and if they wanted events they had to play a legal game. From. The. Beginning. All over again. Just because you don't hear about the steps Glu is taking, doesn't mean the axe won't fall again.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm sure Glu hates losing money just as much as we hate seeing cheaters.

Although I did see on instagram today someone posted that they contacted Glu because on the dating event their game wouldn't open and they couldn't finish the event. So Glu went ahead and gave them the top from the event as an apology since they are a "valued customer". But THEN that person stated in the description of the post (which was a screenshot of Glu's reply) that they use the energy cheat. CRAZY :mad:
  • Options
    Someone wrote:
    Hey!! This thread is a place where people can go to rant and rave and let out frustrations!!!! And it's a place where they can do that without being CORRECTED!!!!! So if you don't want to see a complaint don't read the thread.....or read it and and keep your opinion to yourself!!!!!!!!!!--

If anyone has a problem with another member's post, we request you not respond, but PM me.

It's a place to freely criticize THE GAME. You start calling player idiots, and all bets are off.

No player has the right to criticize, insult, or make another player feel bad. It's a no hate zone. If the clothes aren't to your liking, complain about the game providing - in your opinion - ugly clothes. Do not say people who liked it are idiots. I happen to like the way Kourts clothes look on my doll. I loved the event clothes , paid good $$ in stars to get the prizes. So um...I'm an idiot? I may be one, but I'm not going to come in here and hear someone say I'm an idiot for liking it.

I'm doing clean up, please feel free to repost any deleted comments, without the insults, or digs at members. Vent, Complain whatever....About The Game. I learned the hard way, that blanket statements like that hurt people. I made a few, and saw how it made people feel. So, imagine your best friend in the world likes something you consider stupid. Say the clothes look awful in your opinion, don't tell her she's stupid for liking it. THanks. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    koko pretty sure you quoted the wrong person up there.
    PM to add
  • Options
    No. I may have buried the lead tho. There was no reason to quote the original post, it just got deleted and handled. Other posts in response to 'the lit match' was the fire. Basically we had a If you like the clothes you're an idiot post. then some "Who are you calling an idiot you troll" posts, then it wound up with a "This is Hookah Keep your opinion to yourself". The rest of it didn't matter, didn't belong, but the post I quoted, attributed to 'someone' was a perfect example of what not to do. If someone lights the match, call the firedept. Don't try to handle it on your own. I'll let you in on a secret, if the lit match stands alone the lit match is in trouble. If you respond you might get burned as well.

I'll break it down and I'm out. If Nancy says "you're an idiot", you pm me,. we take out the match. You respond with "Moron, who are you calling an idiot. Don't call people idiots you JackHole." Well, if we take out the match, we have to take you out as well. So, instead it just gets cleaned up. So, responding is more problem than solution. (Don't be collateral damage)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    If someone lights the match, call the firedept. Don't try to handle it on your own. I'll let you in on a secret, if the lit match stands alone the lit match is in trouble. If you respond you might get burned as well.

Very true. I should have ignored that person like I usually do. I guess I was trying to be diplomatic :p

I really, really hope the rumors are true and we are having a party weekend. I'm going out of town and I'm not sure how much time I'll have to complete :(
  • Options
    No, you were fine. Your post wasn't deleted, because you weren't snarky, snide or rude. You posted your opinion without hostility or derision. What came after was the problem. :)

• My complaint - I'm still waiting for my Androids to change their clothes, their greetings, and their rank.
    • My concern, is that since we're all 'waiting' for our friends to appear as they are, when does the wait stop and another avenue is investigated? I think 4 months is the tip of the iceberg for our wait.
    • My fear, unless an update brings us a whole new system of connecting with friends, my twins will never be twins again, nor will we see our friends current greeting.

I have to amend my post. No sooner did I mourn vocally how long the Android Freeze was lasting, and boom it was fixed.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Yes, I never added anyone except Carol Davida, and that was from Google+. Then I read on here about frozen friends, so I decided to wait until that was fixed to add more. I have been waiting a long time! And poor Carol Davida is wearing the same thing all this time. I am reluctant to go the facebook route, only because I am never on facebook. I'm a Twitter girl, facebook turned into a cesspool with this election. Hard to be a donkey in a red state lol. That's for another Hookah. Anyway, I am keeping up with it on here, waiting for the day I can add folks.....
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Koko, I accepted you on FB. One of your dolls changed the appearance in my game. Also the ranking is updated.

Finally! :D
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    omg. Back to my games. I know it's hookah but Glu I love you. you. That I'll go try .I'm so excited I'm just in the middle of finishing up something for Vatsy it's purple.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    I can't for the life of me figure why Glu creates all these nice things like poses, facial features, body features and makeup only for the ads. If you'll can design such great features why waste them only for ads?

95vk0l.jpg
    Sophie
  • Options
    SahbdSahbd Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 34 Posts
    I can't for the life of me figure why Glu creates all these nice things like poses, facial features, body features and makeup only for the ads. If you'll can design such great features why waste them only for ads?

95vk0l.jpg

Ikr?? Especially the facial features!
    ≧▽≦
  • Options
    ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Sahbd wrote: »
    Ikr?? Especially the facial features!

They must think we're all idiots :)
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Okay... I know I'm a little late as the event is now over, but I've really been wanting to share my thoughts on this event since I found out about it over a week ago. Unfortunately, I've been out of town without my computer, so it's been a little hard for me to get on here. Was going to put this in the Hookah thread, but decided against it as it's not all bad. I might quote it over there later, but for now, and since it's directly related to this week's event, I thought I would leave it here.

Dear Glu:

First off, I love throwback boxes. As someone who had to restart their game due to technical difficulties, I love that I have the opportunity to win items that I had in my old game (as well as some I didn't even own there). Throwback events used to be some of my favourite ones, but I understand that we can't have a ton of throwback boxes every week - we'd run out of items too quickly.

The game switched to quickly though. We went from being able to earn (and work hard for) 4 boxes every week, to 1 or 2 boxes maybe once a month. Why not have just kept the 4 earnable box event and offered it once a month? Or 2 earnable boxes every week or biweekly? It seems strange that these options were not tried prior to what throwbacks have become.

But this is the really important part:
    The throwback sale really angered me. I'm not someone who shies away from spending money on this game. However, with the game in the certain state it is in, being able to buy an unlimited number of throwback boxes was not good (essentially, being able to buy all missed items). Why? I know we aren't allowed to talk about certain things on here, so I will do my best to keep this post clean, but the people that this event actually benefitted were those who have illegitimate games. Most people figured this out quickly, and the amount of posts I saw on social media asking how to do *certain things I don't want to talk about here* was astounding. Making the boxes earnable (with the option to buy extras once you earn a box) forces people to play the game and work for something - it benefits the real players. Allowing players to buy instead of play only spreads the want/need for illegitimate games. I definitely do not think that this was Glu's intention, but it happened and should be acknowledged.

I get that games like this need to make money, and players who spend money on it should be given benefits (otherwise no one would spend). However, these benefits should NEVER come at the costs of the players who don't spend a lot. Every player, no matter how much you spend, should be given access to the full game and their enjoyment of it should not depend on $$$. When this balance is drastically thrown off, illegitimate games happen.

My suggestion? Bring back the 4 earnable throwback box event, with the option to buy extra boxes (1 or 2) when each box is earned - offer this event biweekly or monthly. OR do a weekly throwback event with less boxes. This ensures that we won't "run out" too fast, but the real players are able to earn those long-desired items. Also, change your algorithm... we know you're hiding those hairs from us.

Copying this here because apparently it's still relevant.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    I'd be more excited if there were more tbs to earn. Ok, 4 doesn't work for Glu? Ok. Then something reasonable all can obtain. How about the last 2 boxes be throwbacks? 1 at the end seems very unattainable. That would knock down the major complaints. We get it that 4 is unsustainable in the long run, so compromise. A compromise is when both sides are less than happy. So meet us in the middle. People would still be playing, but they could do things like.....their job, their housework, the schoolwork and still walk away with a throwback item. Some would have 2, and some will still just buy to their hearts content. I don't think it would hurt Glu, they'd come off as in tune with the feelings of their players. We want 4, they want 1...2 would be such a rational answer....the majority of players would be happier. And it would be doable for the majority of players. So we give.....they give?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    Note: i'm not targeting anyone specific. Wrote a long tirade, read it, then deleted it. I'm not out to argue with people or how they should feel. But that being said...

I joined this board because I thought it would be fun. We had topics like how you would style around a certain item, someone had a baby shower, or some other fun thing. Now? Complain central 24/7. It really was fun seeing other dolls and sharing our gameplay experience or just talking about random storylines. Now it just feels like negative vibes on the weekly all about complaints from us and stupid glitches from them. The atmosphere feels almost toxic. "well Vida if you're so sick of it then get out" I can hear some people say as they think it's targeted towards them. lol whatever, some people will bring the world down with them because they want it... I.E. people are in a sour mood so they want others to be too. not me!

my complaint, and I hate to say this: I hate these midweek events and I wish it was never introduced. I liked how it was before and how sane people were lol okay done.