Options

Show Your Style - London Fashion Week

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    OMG Isabeau. Same thread same time. This is great. Are you participating in the event this time? I wasn't sure, but AppleP already had the top so you know she was doing it, and, the Androids are just so happy to be showing accurately that they'll spend my stars on anything.

Funny story though, last week, when I was trying to pair the peach pants, I bought that top, because I was grasping at stars. So Apple bought this weeks top last week, paired it with last week's pants and promptly lost the round. I didn't put it on again during the event. So, that's kinda funny if you think about it. You know what.....I am NOT pairing with last week's pants. lol. Hey, next week give us something purple to match. I'll be all over that one. And I probably won't have to buy it for any of my games. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I debated sitting this one out because I didn't have the shirt and 50 stars seemed really steep for something I wasn't interested in. There is a lot of jewelry that are 30 stars and under so I don't know why Glu picked this but whatever. I ended up participating because I can't resist the two throwback boxes.

It's going to be hard to style this one like last week because again, we don't have many pant options. I find myself gravitating toward the same things. We'll see. I feel like I lost a bunch of times last week and still got everything without paying to finish early so hopefully that will be the case here.

Also I really, really want the Christmas hair but not for 200 stars!! I wish it was like 120 because then it wouldn't even be a question :( I'm gonna have to think about this.
  • Options
    hyerileehyerilee Registered Users 181 Posts
    2rpwuad.jpg

I remember some dolls looking for those fangs, maybe it's a bit worth for spending those 50 kstars
  • Options
    Mimij13Mimij13 Registered Users 18 Posts
    Glu's greed is becoming comical. 50 stars for plain *** boring cardigan. Why do they keep picking the worst clothing for us to style?! Whyyyy? Then to make matters even worse the Show your style event is so skewed. People that have the tackiest outfits win. You can put together something beautiful and still lose. I see people winning that put together a green hat with pink shoes. It forces you to have to work harder for the event cause you only get 10 points. The cherry on top is when you go on IG and see the hackers who steal services from the game having a ball with all their endless gear. It's becoming too much. I think I might be done with this game for good. My free time playing it is starting to feel wasted. I could spend my time doing other things. This game is on the decline.
    GC: itsmayasworld
    Add me!
  • Options
    Agnes AberdeenAgnes Aberdeen Registered Users 42 Posts
    I don't think there is an option to buy GB for this event, until you have earned a box, then after picking your box, in the past you would see an option to buy another box.

So, I wouldn't expect to see that option until you're earned your 1st box, like last week I believe. ANd then you could only purchase one additional box, as opposed to being able to buy 2 more boxes like the usual GB procedure. Hope this helps, if it's not what you mean, please explain. :)
    There are a limited number of TB items for sale. On your Bullhorn for the events, the first one is the announcement for the sale. Tap that and all the special items for sale will pop up. there are 100+ hours left for these items. Some are 50% off their regular price, some are TB items that can be purchased. It included the oft requested Holiday Hair of 2014, some other hair, and other items.

That's one way to buy TBs.

Then if you buy the top, and enter the event, when you earn your first and 2nd TB prize boxes you will 'most likely' have the availability to purchase one more box each time. So, you can earn/buy Mystery ThrowBack items in the TB Gift Boxes, or your can buy the TB items from the Sale page.

Hope this clears it up. The sale we had a while ago, where you could just buy box after box is gone. Most players felt that was tailor made for those with hacked games. It was a low point. I believe this is the new model for them to get us the TB items we so desperately want, without 'giving away the farm' to cheaters.

Not insulting anyone who isn't cheating and wants that sale back, just 'splainin the way it was. :) What specific items are you looking for?

AND, the fact that items not previously in the TB Boxes (maybe Nai's Fangs?) is really encouraging to those of us looking for that rare item. For me....the cream colored fuzzy shirt. But I have to win it, or get it in a 60Star box. My Stars have dwindled down so low it's painful. :) If I just had one game, I'd jump on that star sale. But I can't do 210$ for 3 games right now. Oh, Plus tax on the iOS game. I'm hoping there will be a sale for smaller packs soon. Anyway, hope this info helps, and I hope you get what you're looking for in the boxes Agnes. Good luck. :)

Hey Koko. I have been in the forum before that sale that took place a while ago, and there was a big conversation about when will the next one take place. Even then, people said it is for hackers. Well, we still had that sale a while ago. I left the game a while ago and then came back to see the sale happened. I think that if the gave us one then, they will probably will give us another one, right? I am searching for a few hairstyles, 4 dresses and a jumpsuit, and of course, the glamm squad items. I think that if I work so hard for the stars and spend real money, this is something I deserve to see once a month. Hackers or not, it doesn't bother me at all if they will get more than me. I think it is a bit greedy, being mad that they will get more. If we are talking about how hard we worked, whey should we look at someone else's plate? So, they will get more items. I hope they will have fun with them. I think having the ability to chase unlimited is fun. I won't fill emptiness like the would feel after the sales. Do you thing there is some thing I could start or someone I could contact to for this? By the way, I don't know if you have noticed, but all of the plates at the TB events are so ugly. Nothing good ever came out to me! Never! I desperately need this sale! By the way, thanks for everything. I appreciate that, and offence not taken, by the way. ;)
  • Options
    I agree about the tacky outfits but that's always been the case with the show my style events. I'm not sure if they are the ones winning or not. I always vote for the one that's the most put together, however sometimes it ends up being the lesser of two evils lol :p At the same time, some of my nicer outfits don't win and maybe people think it's too boring? So they do something crazy to stand out? I have no idea.
  • Options
    Everybody keeps talking about hackers and forget that there aren't so many, they just spam the duck out of instagenam. Half of the iOS users, if not all of them, are not able to hack the game because iOS 10 cannot be hacked & the previous OS software's are not even signed anymore. Don't mind the hackers, I don't even know why everybody getting so bothered from them. Be proud at yourself and feel that satisfaction after earning a rare or finishing a quest.
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Everybody keeps talking about hackers and forget that there aren't so many, they just spam the duck out of instagenam. Half of the iOS users, if not all of them, are not able to hack the game because iOS 10 cannot be hacked & the previous OS software's are not even signed anymore. Don't mind the hackers, I don't even know why everybody getting so bothered from them. Be proud at yourself and feel that satisfaction after earning a rare or finishing a quest.

I know right? There's no point in comparing yourself. It's like me, I can't compare to people who are willing to spend 100's of real life money in the game... so there's no point in me getting frustrated for not being able to buy stuff with my limited K-stars... but I'm happy when I do get something cool in the boxes! It's like real life in a way, haha.

Also I haven't played in months but I'm back now :o (I can't believe my husband didn't divorce me in the meantime LOL)
    I got lucky and got the blonde hair this weekend so I'm quite excited to be putting together outfits for the Show Your Style! I love the two available items, plus I can't wait to see what's in the boxes.
  • Options
    I gave the qualifier that the sale didn't JUST benefit those with hacked games. And if you think there aren't many, unfortunately I have to disagree. While we're not supposed to sit ant talk about hackers, I think it was mentioned because people who work hard or pay hard for their stars have a very hard time watching their own struggle while *ahem 'Illegaly Enhanced Games' are breezing through the events like Oil Rich Rich Kids. It's hard to see people struggle with it. If it didn't cost 50Stars to buy in to the event, I don't think the conversat

Back to the event..............3 games they all won. in 4 hours I might just be getting some TB items. :)
    If you're playing the event....share you results. I am terrified now, because last time 1 out of 3 won the first round, and after that it took a while for me to get my mojo back. I'm afraid the 3 winds just jinxed me somehow.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm going to keep track of my results this time. With weekend events I know exactly where I need to be to finish but I've never looked into these so I feel like I'm going in blind. I like to know if I'm on track or not. My first round will be ending in about 30 minutes. I'm a little nervous because I experimented with my looks last night and feel they're all really similar. I voted for a bit this morning and some people had the same thoughts I did so I'm trying to think outside the box.
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    hyerilee wrote: »
    2rpwuad.jpg

I remember some dolls looking for those fangs, maybe it's a bit worth for spending those 50 kstars

Omg the fangs!!!! I want them soooooo bad!! Haha :) thank you for sharing!! This makes me so happy!! Now where's Nai?!
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    I wonder if all the throwback palettes have these items this week. I'm on Instagram and a lot of people are posting what appears to be similar ones, which have the first ever event items and items like the fangs and mask. Unless it's all a major coincidence :p

Edit: Lost my first round :(
  • Options
    I don't think there is an option to buy GB for this event, until you have earned a box, then after picking your box, in the past you would see an option to buy another box.

So, I wouldn't expect to see that option until you're earned your 1st box, like last week I believe. ANd then you could only purchase one additional box, as opposed to being able to buy 2 more boxes like the usual GB procedure. Hope this helps, if it's not what you mean, please explain. :)
    Val_ wrote: »
    I know right? There's no point in comparing yourself. It's like me, I can't compare to people who are willing to spend 100's of real life money in the game... so there's no point in me getting frustrated for not being able to buy stuff with my limited K-stars... but I'm happy when I do get something cool in the boxes! It's like real life in a way, haha.

Also I haven't played in months but I'm back now :o (I can't believe my husband didn't divorce me in the meantime LOL)
    I got lucky and got the blonde hair this weekend so I'm quite excited to be putting together outfits for the Show Your Style! I love the two available items, plus I can't wait to see what's in the boxes.

Omg, girl, I really like your spirit. You're just like me. I am happy to hear that you're slaying this game, I am just back too, little sad because of the TB sale but I am doing good. Good luck doll. :)
  • Options

I gave the qualifier that the sale didn't JUST benefit those with hacked games. And if you think there aren't many, unfortunately I have to disagree. While we're not supposed to sit ant talk about hackers, I think it was mentioned because people who work hard or pay hard for their stars have a very hard time watching their own struggle while *ahem 'Illegaly Enhanced Games' are breezing through the events like Oil Rich Rich Kids. It's hard to see people struggle with it. If it didn't cost 50Stars to buy in to the event, I don't think the conversat

Back to the event..............3 games they all won. in 4 hours I might just be getting some TB items. :)
    If you're playing the event....share you results. I am terrified now, because last time 1 out of 3 won the first round, and after that it took a while for me to get my mojo back. I'm afraid the 3 winds just jinxed me somehow.

Oh Koko, I have to disagree with you about the frustration from hackers, but I think it is just a thing of belief and how we see thing due to our personality, and we happen to be different this time. About the event, I am holding my fingers for you, I am pretty much sure you will have good luck. Sending you good vibes and some dope mojo.
  • Options
    Omg the fangs!!!! I want them soooooo bad!! Haha :) thank you for sharing!! This makes me so happy!! Now where's Nai?!

I messaged her through Instagram this morning. I think there will be a woman on a mission. Vats hair was a solid "Buy Me" I hope the Fangs are easily accessible for Nai. I would feel so bad if more of my games got them and Nai didn't . We have to think very very positively here. Ok someone smudgepot the room and only think good thoughts here while we get the karma going. Nai is one of the nicest people and she deserves the fangs. She would probably never remove them. so let's all Ohmmmmmmmmmmmm a few times, when you're minds are blank in a melodic chant repeat
    Fangs for Nai Fangs for Nai Fangs for Nai Fangs for Nai Fangs for Nai Fangs for Nai
    Fangs for Nai Fangs for Nai Fangs for Nai Fangs for Nai Fangs for Nai Fangs for Nai

Rinse, lather and Repeat till Nai get's her Fangs!

Oh comeon Nai. Get over here.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    I'm happy <3 I got my throwback boxes again but sadly there wasn't anything epic in it, just some accessories. Hopefully we'll get a throwback sale soon from Glu to make up for the people that couldn't open the boxes.
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    I messaged her through Instagram this morning. I think there will be a woman on a mission. Vats hair was a solid "Buy Me" I hope the Fangs are easily accessible for Nai. I would feel so bad if more of my games got them and Nai didn't . We have to think very very positively here. Ok someone smudgepot the room and only think good thoughts here while we get the karma going. Nai is one of the nicest people and she deserves the fangs. She would probably never remove them. so let's all Ohmmmmmmmmmmmm a few times, when you're minds are blank in a melodic chant repeat

Rinse, lather and Repeat till Nai get's her Fangs!

Oh comeon Nai. Get over here.

Fangs for Nai!!! And Tara too!! Haha ;) I wasn't around yet when they came out, but they're probably the one item I want the most!! I know Nai loves them as well, so I really, really hope she gets them!! I probably wouldn't even know about them if it weren't for her!!! She totally deserves her fangs :)

I actually slept thru the night, until about 6 am, so I got a late start one the event. I'm glad I already had the top because spending an increasing amount of stars every week just to participate is getting a bit annoying. I do love this type of event, but I hope the prices don't continue to increase. Or at least give us a little more time so the last item is more obtainable. It's hard having to wake up in the middle of the night to submit looks, and I know a lot of players can't do that. That's just my opinion anyways :) I wish everyone the best of luck!!! Happy Tuesday :)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Hey Koko. I have been in the forum before that sale that took place a while ago, and there was a big conversation about when will the next one take place. Even then, people said it is for hackers. Well, we still had that sale a while ago. I left the game a while ago and then came back to see the sale happened. I think that if the gave us one then, they will probably will give us another one, right? I am searching for a few hairstyles, 4 dresses and a jumpsuit, and of course, the glamm squad items. I think that if I work so hard for the stars and spend real money, this is something I deserve to see once a month. Hackers or not, it doesn't bother me at all if they will get more than me. I think it is a bit greedy, being mad that they will get more. If we are talking about how hard we worked, whey should we look at someone else's plate? So, they will get more items. I hope they will have fun with them. I think having the ability to chase unlimited is fun. I won't fill emptiness like the would feel after the sales. Do you thing there is some thing I could start or someone I could contact to for this? By the way, I don't know if you have noticed, but all of the plates at the TB events are so ugly. Nothing good ever came out to me! Never! I desperately need this sale! By the way, thanks for everything. I appreciate that, and offence not taken, by the way. ;)

"Greedy" to be angry about hackers?? That makes no sense whatsoever. Luckily you seem to be the only one who thinks it's ok to cheat. Especially when the majority of players expend so much time and effort, heart and soul--AND MONEY--on the game. And yeah, to be fair though I hate to even say it: they're also stealing from Glu. A lot. I have to wonder why hacks sound just fine and dandy to you. Just saying...
  • Options
    ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    OMG! I got the fangs and the mask in my first 2 boxes!!!

XoDSh8S.png
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    They better have removed the 40 K-stars from the TB boxes. I was appalled by that last time.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    omg omg omg

OMG!!!

OMFG!!!

zrxcLjj.gif

Thx Max and Koko for being my informant on ig, and anyone here who thought of me <3

I'm not going to say much yet but...

pleaseletmegetthefangs pleaseletmegetthefangs pleaseletmegetthefangs pleaseletmegetthefangs
    pleaseletmegetthefangs pleaseletmegetthefangs pleaseletmegetthefangs pleaseletmegetthefangs
    PM to add
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I thought we weren't supposed to even mention hackers so I didn't say this before, but during the TB sale I saw people jumping to try to hack their game to take advantage.

I would never do that. I'm not a thief and I don't need to have everything. I don't even see how the game has a point if you don't work towards things. I like earning rewards.

Idk I hate being negative all the time recently but these events are ruining morale for a good number of players and pushing others to hack simply because it's a bonanza.
  • Options
    If you see something, send Kalinda or Koko a PM. I've seen Glu wipe a game of someone I caught using an energy cheat. Doesn't necessarily stop them from doing it again, but it does cause them to lose all their event items and start from scratch.
  • Options
    If you come across blatant instances please forward the info privately and we'll pass it along with any info I can add.
    Glu takes cheating ting very seriously, and just as hackers try to cheat Glu works to thwart them. your help is appreciated, but we don't want to publicly call people out. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Great minds think alike Soundspretty. Thank you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Ah, I miss Katherine so much!!
    ticisss wrote: »
    XoDSh8S.png

Nai, I'm here rooting for you. Go get them!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    mocastilhomocastilho Registered Users 120 Posts
    Why are people complaining about the event? At least you got it!!
  • Options
    MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Guys, please don't go and point fingers at each other. How old are we again? Honestly I don't care about the hackers, I'm happy the hackers didn't (let's day destroy this game) because KKH still has enough loyal, paying customers like us and the hackers will never win! Let's not bring the mood down because of this topic and enjoy the items we get with this midweek event :)
  • Options
    I'm still waiting on my first throwback *sigh* I did win my second round but I'm 3 points short.

Have you guys ever looked through your wardrobe and discovered something you didn't even know you had? Lol I was looking for shoes to match up and came across a brown pair that I think I may have won in a palette because they are a k-star item and I definitely did not buy them. That happened again the other day when I was looking for an outfit and came across a black pantsuit that I had no recollection of getting.
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    My first two throwback boxes were shoes. I like the shoes BUT - the blue jumpsuit was in the palette too! I would love to have that jumpsuit. Happy voting, everyone!