Options

Weekend Fashion Show - 9/23/16 Love is in the AIr

Shortly after the Event thread popped up Thursday, Our GluGuru Kalinda spoiled us again with these spoilers:

Female_Reward_Promo_1.jpg

Female_Giftbox_Promo_2.jpg

Male_Reward_Promo_1.jpg

Male_Giftbox_Promo_1.jpg

Show us what you won in the Giftboxes, how you paired it and the earnables too.

Happy dating Dolls.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    KKH_Screenshot_1474646386193.jpg

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • Options
    Jenner KardashianJenner Kardashian Registered Users 4 Posts
    6sqt02.jpg
  • Options
    Roman JennerRoman Jenner Registered Users 1 Posts
    wqv8si.jpg
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I won the jumpsuit, too but I'm not too crazy about it. But the hair omg I'm so happy right now!

2elr05g.jpg

Its one of those hairstyles that look better with a lighter, brighter color. I tried it on my usual dark brown and even black but the hair loses its detail if you go too dark.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Wow the hairstyle looks amazing in red!
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Here's Everly and husband #2, Hayden, in Milan for Fashion Week. Everly wears the new necklace she got in a gift box with a simple dress and her hair up so its detail can really be seen. Hayden is better looking when he's not making that dopey love face! :)
    CZFcJkQ.jpg
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Loving to see your looks dolls! Highlighting Unique's look that almost melted Vats when he saw her in his game :p

This week was very nice to Vats' wadrobe:
    3NFDLcn.png

The first two looks are results from the mid-week throwback boxes, really like them *sigh* Balmain jacket <3

Then we have the cowboy:rolleyes:

And last but definitely no least the event cardigan! Just love at first sight. It makes me remember from Britney's BOTM video look, just one more reason to love it!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Well Unique finished the event! She ran into Vats at Beverly Hills sporting his charming cowboy attire! Almost didn't recognize him! Definitely a different look but you pull it off very well Vats! ;) My favorite look has to be your new event cardigan though!

KKH_Screenshot_1474756622322.jpg

• Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    My Vatsey boy looks handsome as always. The Balmain jacket is one of my absolute favorite male items of all time :rolleyes:

Here's Cherrey. I gotta admit that I'm having a really hard time styling her recently, even though I have so many options. I don't know what's going on :(

4sjndYo.jpg
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    IMG_3011.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Cherrey, I think you're the first doll I've seen with the hair in the dark brown, and I love it! If I won it, I'd probably make Everly's hair dark brown when I wore it!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    haftime wrote: »
    Cherrey, I think you're the first doll I've seen with the hair in the dark brown, and I love it! If I won it, I'd probably make Everly's hair dark brown when I wore it!

I AGREE! Cherrey your hair looks amazing on your doll! Kind of makes me want to open more boxes lol !

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    LMAO Vatsy!! Literally 'cow' boy!!
    PM to add
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    unique123 wrote: »
    I AGREE! Cherrey your hair looks amazing on your doll! Kind of makes me want to open more boxes lol !

Thank you, ladies :o My fingers are crossed for you if you try to go for it :)
  • Options
    VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    20160925_082100.jpg

Vida just finished. As much as I was excited about the idea of flats in this game, I'm a bit disappointed in the selection we have... lol not sure what to make of the shoes this weekend but I made them work :)
  • Options
    A-listerA-lister Registered Users 72 Posts
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    20160925_082100.jpg

Vida just finished. As much as I was excited about the idea of flats in this game, I'm a bit disappointed in the selection we have... lol not sure what to make of the shoes this weekend but I made them work :)

Looking good! :D
    Especially the second and third ones. That necklaces fit well with the dresses :).
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    unique123 wrote: »
    Well Unique finished the event! She ran into Vats at Beverly Hills sporting his charming cowboy attire! Almost didn't recognize him! Definitely a different look but you pull it off very well Vats! ;) My favorite look has to be your new event cardigan though!

KKH_Screenshot_1474756622322.jpg

Thanks Unique and congrats on finishing the event! Great pic of us!
    Cherrey wrote: »
    My Vatsey boy looks handsome as always. The Balmain jacket is one of my absolute favorite male items of all time :rolleyes:

Here's Cherrey. I gotta admit that I'm having a really hard time styling her recently, even though I have so many options. I don't know what's going on :(

4sjndYo.jpg

IKR! Used to be easier to style our dolls with less options lol, don't worry Cherrey do look great! Hey are you connect in Facebook? I want to see your doll stalking my doll again:rolleyes:
    Naimonster wrote: »
    LMAO Vatsy!! Literally 'cow' boy!!

Couldn't miss the joke darling!!!!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    ItsLucienItsLucien Registered Users 19 Posts
    I'm struggling to get enough hearts before the event expires. Any tips?
    Lucien ★ level 25 ★ male character, female player ★ iOS - add me on Facebook since GC is no more
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Did you do the weekend storyline about matching up the singles? Those 3 tasks will give you lots of hearts :)
    ItsLucien wrote: »
    I'm struggling to get enough hearts before the event expires. Any tips?
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    I hope that everyone had fun with the weekend event. I stopped playing after getting the shoes because I didn't really have time to play that much this weekend. I was more focused on school with an upcoming Anatomy and Physiology exam on Wednesday. Although, I'm not disappointed at all for not getting the dress. At least I was able to get some of the items and finish the weekend gig earning two K stars. For the first outfit I had Neko wear for the gift box shoes, I chose this purse I seen to go with it. I never used it before and thought it went well with the outfit.

VyMZRLuh.jpg

For the first outfit I had Neko wear with the gift box shoes, I chose black and burgundy colors. I never used the purse before and thought it went well with the outfit. It cost close to $10000 but that's ok. The earnable shoes looked like they would go better with pants instead of a dress or skirt so I just put it with the hair and purse and made this outfit.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    tumblr_oe378saEaw1qfvh9po1_500.jpg

Thank you daily box, double offers on free stars and hard work!!

I'm half petrified that one of the hairstyles I want is queueing up soon and I might miss it but I'm glad I was able to earn this in time and even get it cheaper than the original price to boot!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    YAAAY!!! So glad you got it Andrzej, congrats!!! It looks amazing!! :):)
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    tumblr_oe378saEaw1qfvh9po1_500.jpg

Thank you daily box, double offers on free stars and hard work!! It looks amazing :):)

I'm half petrified that one of the hairstyles I want is queueing up soon and I might miss it but I'm glad I was able to earn this in time and even get it cheaper than the original price to boot!
  • Options
    SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Did you do the weekend storyline about matching up the singles? Those 3 tasks will give you lots of hearts :)
    ....They should really tell you these things in game :( I probably could have won more than the purse if I'd known.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Sappho wrote: »
    ....They should really tell you these things in game :( I probably could have won more than the purse if I'd known.

The weekend gigs always give a lot of event points so it's always a good idea to do them. Except for during VIPs, they don't give any bonus k-stars and since they take up a lot of energy it's not really worth it then. It doesn't say so in game, I guess it's just something they want you to figure out by yourself (or read on the forum haha).
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    Lii wrote: »
    The weekend gigs always give a lot of event points so it's always a good idea to do them. Except for during VIPs, they don't give any bonus k-stars and since they take up a lot of energy it's not really worth it then. It doesn't say so in game, I guess it's just something they want you to figure out by yourself (or read on the forum haha).
    Ah, yeah. It's also kind of hard for me to tell what the weekend event storylines even are - I didn't even know there were any until I read it on here. I have about 5-7 different stories and quests going on at the same time at any given moment so it's hard for me to keep track of everything. I kind of wish this game would pace itself a bit more when it comes to that lol.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Sappho wrote: »
    Ah, yeah. It's also kind of hard for me to tell what the weekend event storylines even are - I didn't even know there were any until I read it on here. I have about 5-7 different stories and quests going on at the same time at any given moment so it's hard for me to keep track of everything. I kind of wish this game would pace itself a bit more when it comes to that lol.

Yeah, it's hard in the beginning. But trust me, I wish I still had so many storylines in front of me, it gets boring when you always have to wait for the next update just to get three new gigs.
    On tip how you can recognize event storylines: they're 6-hour gigs. In case you're unsure, just call Simon about starting your available gigs (that only means they're available at the location, the timer doesn't start until you enter the location) that way you can check how long they are and figure out which one is the event gig.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    Lii wrote: »
    Yeah, it's hard in the beginning. But trust me, I wish I still had so many storylines in front of me, it gets boring when you always have to wait for the next update just to get three new gigs.
    On tip how you can recognize event storylines: they're 6-hour gigs. In case you're unsure, just call Simon about starting your available gigs (that only means they're available at the location, the timer doesn't start until you enter the location) that way you can check how long they are and figure out which one is the event gig.

Ah thanks. That's useful info (I did already figure out the Simon call timer thing). But yeah that's also why I commented on the pacing - if it went a bit more slowly I would not be so swamped right now and it would all last a bit longer, too. I sometimes kind of wish you had to pick up the quests "manually" by visiting Simon or Kim or Maria instead of having them call you all the time, so you could decide the pacing yourself. But maybe that's my traditional RPG side talking. :D
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I noticed the event gigs always appear at the top of your quest list.

Ever since the midweek events started few months back, I've not been able to do my storyline gigs and... I have like 14-15 gigs lined up on both my games! So crazy that I don't even know where to start from anymore.
    PM to add
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ouch, that's a lot. I get crazy if I have more than 4. Do your undone weekend gigs disappear when the weekend is over? For example, the first gig is listed, if I do that after the event, it ends there. I don't get the next one after that. So, if any of those gigs are weekend ones, you should be clearing the whole thing with the first task for each storyline. If it's the main storyline, if you can do one each day, you'll be caught up in 2 weeks. Right now 2 of my games are waiting for storyline. I'm using that time to up my Ice Club stats, and Reality show Stats.

We'll be your cheerleaders to help you get through them Nai. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary