Options

Weekend Event 1/27/17 - Shopping Spree or Tap Dance, WWIB?

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    The Weekend Event will begine in roughly 10 hours. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    I am......heartbroken? Dismayed? Yet another natural/cultural hairstyle being put in the giftbox verses simply being offered in the closet or in an event that makes it more accessible. I like all of the hair I've collected and will continue to but why is it that these natural looks are so often made out of reach. I would be willing to pay whatever price it would need to be in the closet - and/or even work towards it or spend to buy it - but this is development for a style like this is distressing.

Yes, I find it to be so unfair that glu is always purposely putting the afro centric hairstyles on the giftboxes. It always infuriates me that they don't wanna add more of the natural black hairstyles inside of our wardrobes or as an earn able for an event smh.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    KardashianLoverr33KardashianLoverr33 Registered Users 7 Posts
    Is that SMC really 19.99?
  • Options
    CloudyPianoCloudyPiano Registered Users 24 Posts
    TWENTY DOLLARS for SMC? That's foooooking bananas. And by bananas I mean stupid. Ugh this game lately.
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    This is correct Lalaloveyou, they have brought back some SMCs from the past.
    So SMC's don't show up in throwbacks, but they occasionally come back around, right? I feel like people have posted about having an SMC on a weekend when I didn't have one, and when they post screenshots, it's an older SMC that I already own. Or am I wrong?

If there's a chance it'll come back around, perhaps I can convince myself to wait it out. Just a bad week for me to be spending extra money....
  • Options
    lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    This is correct Lalaloveyou, they have brought back some SMCs from the past.

Okay, good to know I didn't just dream that. Thanks for answering. :-)
  • Options
    I have bought almost all of the SMCs. I def have all of the early ones. And very often I'll see the annoucement The Lovely Linda posts each event in our Encyclopedia of Events, but I miss them in the game because I've already got them. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I have to say no, I wouldn't pay even $15 for it. It's no deal when it's no deal. Things are summing up to be a suckish year for KKH already, and January isn't even over yet. 2017: The year KKH commits suicide.
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I've liked that dress since I first saw it, so I may just go for it, but first need to see my doll in it of course. Depending on how long it takes me to get the gb jacket, I may get it that way...

Just curious, does anyone have the Paris fashion house fully stocked? Is it worth it?
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I purchased every SMC until Glu put out one for $14.99. That huge prize increase was enough to make me say "no" and the fact that it offered less stuff than the previous SMCs sealed the exclamation point on my "No!"

Now Glu has raised it to $19.99!!! That is absurd, greedy, and insulting.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    I agree isabeau that KKH didn't start off too good this year. A disappointing WWIB event that failed twice and now a sudden increased price on the SMC. Hopefully Glu gets it together and doesn't kill KKH. My concern is although Kalinda stated that we will never have another SMC that is $20, the price will stay that way for future SMCs if Glu sees that enough players are still willing to purchase them.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Oh, I hope you dream of the game Syndra. Pleasant thoughts with beautiful prizes.........hey, should we wake you when the spoilers arrive?

I'm up and excited to shop! ❣❣❣ Just a little bit longer... Oh I remember that you love color violet and that reminds me of buying the violet eyes later cuz it just looks magical to me lol and other colors as well. ^_^ And also a few poses... and some accessories. Ooh I can't wait to shop! ♡ Might as well do some gigs as a head start while waiting for the event. :D
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Options
    CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    So after further thought, the smc isn't soooooo awful. It's basically the same deal As the 220 stars [400 perk point] for 19.99 but you're paying 35stars per item aka hair shoes and outfit which compared to other items in the closet it's not awful. Figured I'd share if anyone was trying to rationalize buying it like I was lol. Still prefer the 9.99 smc because you get 60 stars isn't it? So the three items are only 15 stars in logic, a more fair deal for us players
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    I've liked that dress since I first saw it, so I may just go for it, but first need to see my doll in it of course. Depending on how long it takes me to get the gb jacket, I may get it that way...

Just curious, does anyone have the Paris fashion house fully stocked? Is it worth it?
    I think it's worth it, it's definitely one of the better KStar places. When it's fully stocked you get 7 KStars, a bunch of Kash (don't remember how much, sorry) and you also get a hefty fan bonus so that's nice if you aren't maxed out yet (I am, so I've only experienced it on the few occasions that I did the gigs right after an update and I don't remember how many fans there are... but you get fans for each of the three gigs plus a bonus for your great collection).
    And the gigs are like regular 3-hour gigs I think, so you don't need a crazy amount of energy to complete each of them.

If you're going to spend the KStars anyways to get the items this weekend I say go for this since contrary to buying clothes you'll get something back.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    The event began but I don't have the SMC offert...??
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    Sil5678 wrote: »

Did you tap the event icon again? It only appears the second time you tap the event icon...well for me.
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I went a little abroad chasing the boots. I spent all my remaining Kstars (over 100) and bought another 220 Kstars. I got plenty of Kstars in my gift boxes, so I finished the event by the way. This hunt was a pain though, the boots were in the very last box.

I also got the jacket and the hair. I love the jacket, but the hair is ugleeehh!

SpXUrs0.jpg
  • Options
    Sil5678 wrote: »

Hi. Have you ever missed a SMC before? If you're still missing it, let us know and we'll try and figure out how to fix it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Yesterday I griped about the SMC price of $19.99, which must have been in US dollars because this morning when I opened my game I see this! So GLU wants me to pay $31.63 (with taxes) for virtual clothing??????? Listen up GLU, you nearly lost another paying customer this morning .... you'd better get your act together because this is just plain INSANITY!! Your greed is showing again and it isn't pretty :mad:

d114d4e9-1929-4294-999b-5ea7a48c3d2c_zpsflfajorv.png
  • Options
    SugarK wrote: »
    Yesterday I griped about the SMC price of $19.99, which must have been in US dollars because this morning when I opened my game I see this! So GLU wants me to pay $31.63 (with taxes) for virtual clothing??????? Listen up GLU, you nearly lost another paying customer this morning .... you'd better get your act together because this is just plain INSANITY!! Your greed is showing again and it isn't pretty :mad:

d114d4e9-1929-4294-999b-5ea7a48c3d2c_zpsflfajorv.png

$31.63 just for virtual clothing?! This is RIDICULOUS.
  • Options
    KaylaJ wrote: »

Lii wrote: »
    I think it's worth it, it's definitely one of the better KStar places. When it's fully stocked you get 7 KStars, a bunch of Kash (don't remember how much, sorry) and you also get a hefty fan bonus so that's nice if you aren't maxed out yet (I am, so I've only experienced it on the few occasions that I did the gigs right after an update and I don't remember how many fans there are... but you get fans for each of the three gigs plus a bonus for your great collection).
    And the gigs are like regular 3-hour gigs I think, so you don't need a crazy amount of energy to complete each of them.

If you're going to spend the KStars anyways to get the items this weekend I say go for this since contrary to buying clothes you'll get something back.

Yes to the Paris Fashion House It is my favorite Working spot. 7 Stars and 5000K$ for 3 gigs is great. I've just started getting organized about these businesses. I make sure all my businesses are worked as soon as possible, before I start doing side gigs. I love the design house, and haven't pulled the trigger on Toronto, because I want to wait and do the actual math. You can do the Paris Fashion without grinding in the morning. I've wasted time on 3 gigs that each pay like 350$, so 5K and 7Stars is a good morning's work. Next Fave is the Ice Club, SCL, and tbh yesterday was the first day I did the SanDiego SC.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I bought two poses, enough to open my gift box. 40 k-stars :)

I was this close to opening another since at that point it was technically free but I'm really glad I didn't. Two event items and they were on the far ends of the palette, and I never seem to pick end boxes. Rest of the boxes were cash and energy. Phew!

I'm waiting to spend the rest of my stars for the choker. I'm hoping Maria will get me a deal on something but if not I may get a location so I can furnish it next VIP.
  • Options
    PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    The price of this SMC converted to Brazilian currency is astronomical. With this money I can buy real clothes here LOL. Glu seems desperate for money lately.
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Agreed 100%. And now I see the hairstyle up close, there are better versions of it, and this isn't one of them. The shoes--how many of these so similar do we already have in clear? Too many. Plus, I don't like them in any incarnation--black does little to help. Again, personally, I dislike them and my doll never, ever wears those clear ones, what a waste. I've already mentioned the "outfit" is just a big NO. And even if I liked the items, which sorry, I do not--nah, not paying 20 bucks.
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Paty wrote: »
    The price of this SMC converted to Brazilian currency is astronomical. With this money I can buy real clothes here LOL. Glu seems desperate for money lately.

Same with Russian rubles.

So I 've spent about 450 KStars solely on gift boxes and got everything (including Justin Bieber 2010 hair which I will NEVER use and literally hundreds of energy bolts) but the parka. UGH this is infuriating. It was in every palette I had and I still missed it. I finished the event so I'm not gonna buy more KStars (I bought two 50 KStar packages today additionally to 325 KStars I had) to blow them on energy, ugly wardrobe items and 4000$ again. I got a lot of new items but I'm upset since I didn't get the thing I wanted the most.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    I went a little abroad chasing the boots. I spent all my remaining Kstars (over 100) and bought another 220 Kstars. I got plenty of Kstars in my gift boxes, so I finished the event by the way. This hunt was a pain though, the boots were in the very last box.

I also got the jacket and the hair. I love the jacket, but the hair is ugleeehh!

SpXUrs0.jpg

Cherrey, your doll looks fabulous. Crazy jealous over the jacket. Sigh.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    xxxnarwalsxxxxxxnarwalsxxx Registered Users 54 Posts
    Luckily, with my free box, I got the only item I wanted from the box choices!
    Screenshot_20170127-083315_zpsyb4m2bjx.png
    ​Android Player
    Add on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brittany.shaw0701
    KKH: Charlotte, lvl. 30, A+List

Playing on Galaxy S8+ with Android version 7.0 (until I get a new tablet)
  • Options
    FindMeIfYouCABFindMeIfYouCAB Registered Users 56 Posts
    I love VIP weekends! I finally got Kendall's dress in Vienna.

tmwiDDV.jpg

And I got the jacket in my free box. I was really hoping for the boots, but they didn't make an appearance so I'm more than happy with this.

Kc2S0zK.jpg
  • Options
    ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    Aaah - It's my least favourite part of the week! Watching everyone start the event and show off their winnings while I'm still at work and can't play! Only a couple more hours to go...
    ****I play on ios****
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Koko now everything is fine I have the SMC offert!
    Sometimes it doesn't appear immediately but after a few minutes it does every time :)
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia