Options

Weekend Event 3/17/17 - 3rd Annual St Patrick's Day Event

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
St_Pats2.gif

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Welcome to the 3rd Annual St Patrick's celebration here at the forum.

Cute_St_Patricks_Day_Greeting.gif
The whole world is Irish if they want, on St. Patrick's Day.

Green Beer, Green Bagels, Green Cream Cheese and more.
Plastic Shamrocks, and bracelets, that green Boa you adore.
So love it or Leave it,
There's one thing I'll say,
We'll be tapping for prizes
this St. Patrick's Day

I'll tap as I watch the Parade on TV
I'll open Green Boxes
Wondering what it could be.
A green plastic ring, or a bracelet of string,
Some Kelly Green Shoes or
Some Emeraldy Bling
On Clancy, On Seamus, On Hortense On Phil
Are they reindeer or Leprechauns?
Am I feverish still?

So Happy St. Pat's
It's the Wearing 0' the Green
Let's get ready for the Best
Irish Holiday we've seen.
9bf70469_f079_42be_b612_872977858b6c.gif

(If you do see a Leprechaun all dressed up in green, if you catch him he'll give you his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. )

Will it be parties? Professional? Perhaps VIP?
Don't say Dating again, that just couldn't be.

While we politely wait for Spoilers, let's talk about what we think the weekend will bring.

FINGER.gif
But please, if you've seen hacked info elsewhere about what the event will be, don't spoil it. Talk about something else till Kalinda drops the spoilers on us.

happystpatricks-shamrock_5hn.png
Oh, and my Fave Irish band? Give me Bono or make me deaf.

[video=youtube_share;98W9QuMq-2k]https://youtu.be/98W9QuMq-2k[/video]

(and to those not digging the day- I had all these green fluff and sparkly things, ready to go,
when I heard some of you were dreading this occasion, but if you think this is green and sparkly, well you should have seen the stuff that got away.)

So......are you with me? Should we open this thing?

Green_Beer_275x300.jpg
Threads Open
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
πŸ’œVats
πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    I don't think I'm going out on a limb by guessing that this weekend will be a party event. I've been waiting for an excuse to throw parties ever since I bought the Calabasis house so believe me, it's been a LONG time since we've had one.

And while I'm in the speculating mood, how much of this do we already have? I know we have the first two hairstyles and the shamrock top. IMO, the rest of that stuff is pretty cute so if any of those things are this weekend's prizes, I'll be happy.
    Iolanthe Β· level 35 Β· A+++
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    nNyflQSi9veAU.gif

Oh I can't wait for this weekend's event to start!! I really love this holiday
    even though we don't celebrate it at home, I do wear green!

So while we wait for spoilers, here is a super cute kitty!

sCibBogOTWemk.gif
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    I love holiday stuff. I'm the one who scopes out the seasonal aisle, and believe me, i might have to buy a real schlocky geeen boa. I'm fine with it all except the jewelry. You want to give me a green ring? Make it a mega size Emerald with diamonds thanks, and put it in a nice gold or platinum setting. I don't like pooh pooh jewelry. Or make it a giant kandy one, but you have to let the dolls lick it. Otherwise it's just a big plastic ring. Deal?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I know opinion on these theme events seem to be mixed but I love kitschy items in the closet LOL

That said for whatever reason I either disliked or don't remember the St. Patrick day items from the last two years so hopefully the ones this time correct either of those things if not both.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    If it is, then AppleP will be partying in Dublin, one Android Venice, the other Calabasas. I have started alternating which game gets what. I don't 'need' 3 venice homes right away. I was secretly hoping for a VIP. I love the art gallery, and the other 2 need it yesterday. Lol.

Hey, can we pay 25 stars to get Maria's sister off the street downtown? Besides, she's being mistaken for a woraking girl a few times and it's very embarrassing. Very bad for business. Lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts

Hey, can we pay 25 stars to get Maria's sister off the street downtown? Besides, she's being mistaken for a woraking girl a few times and it's very embarrassing. Very bad for business. Lol

While we're at it, can we move Maria's mother to Florida? She is constantly running into me on the street to talk about her gambling habit :)
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I love your opening, Koko!

This weekend's event isn't much of a surprise... we'll all be throwing parties in green clothes for St. Patrick's Day! What do you think of the prizes?

2d9qzqu.jpg

294nluf.jpg

30ijkp2.jpg

1qqvio.jpg
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Thank you, Kalinda! I love all of the earnables, and the gift box dress is great!
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    I love the kilt.... Hehehehe

Also, I think the boots and the black top are great versatile pieces to appeal to people who aren't green lovers :P

I really hope I get the GB dress but won't be chasing it because I don't love the other items.

So advice time people.... Which house should I buy for parties? Dublin or Venice?? Naturally I want to get Dublin because of the season, but which makes for the easiest party throwing?
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    WesliciousWeslicious Registered Users 21 Posts
    It's taken a while but finally a guy 3/4 length jacket that looks worth earning.
    And I'm gonna grind for the hair as well.
    I may even buy some stars to try for the suit (but the glasses and pin make it quite the gamble). Overall, were in for a good weekend!

Thanks Kalinda.
  • Options
    Yeah, what Jules said. :) I love the gb dress, and I've been waiting for the skirt and the hair to come around from that KK:H Banner. I'm so excited. And the guys things are fantastic. I just saw Z doesn't have one of the St. Patrick's dresses. When she was the smallest, it really didn't matter. Now she's trying to play catch up. So....she MUST have the event dressed. Must. Must Must. lol.

Thank you Kalinda. Happy Event tomorrow!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kkhpatriciakkhpatricia Registered Users 8 Posts
    yaaaaaaaaay
    Follow me on instagram for more informations of the KKH world: www.instagram.com/kkhpatricia :o
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    By the way, those glasses for guys are animated!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Parties! I must be psychic.:p

I love all the girls' earnables, though their gift box items aren't to my taste. I need to save up anyway. My ~*psychic powers*~ say VIP next weekend. I like the guys' gift boxes more than the earnables right now but sometimes I change my mind when I see things on my own dolls. If the hair looks good on Ilmari, I might buy a couple gift boxes (because I like the suit and the pin but also) to get the extra event points.
    Iolanthe Β· level 35 Β· A+++
  • Options
    AvakkgAvakkg Registered Users 112 Posts
    Thank you Kalinda. The items are great!
    KKG - KKH - NM: The Empire
    Instagram
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Thank you for the spoilers, Kalinda!!!
    I really like the earnables but I love, love, LOVE the giftbox dress!!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Love it! I won't be able to play much this weekend. I'm spending all day tomorrow at a bar that's underground where service is nonexistent, and then Saturday my parents are in town visiting and my sister's birthday is Sunday so I think I'm going to take her up to a winery and just chill since it'll be nice out. So not much time for parties. I will try for the boots but doubt I'll get much farther for that. I would LOVE to get the GB dress or hair but probably won't chase. I'm saving up to splurge next VIP weekend.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    It's no secret that I'm not excited for this event, the problem is not the seasonal event, think it is just bad timing. I mean this update didn't brought anything to buy/grind from my liking until now.

I finished my storyline gigs and reached the max level and amount of fans already, the boredom is real.

Things got more stimulating now they made that new manbun an earnable (thank you so much!), otherwise I wouldn't chase it.

The rest is as bad as I thought it would be. Hope the game soon stops this 'casual phase' and bring more bold and fashionable items to guys.:)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Oh nice, eatable hair! I guess I'll be finishing this weekend! And it's nice to see both earnable looks are more RTW interpretations and the box items are more festive.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Gabebot3000Gabebot3000 Registered Users 64 Posts
    I love your opening, Koko!

This weekend's event isn't much of a surprise... we'll all be throwing parties in green clothes for St. Patrick's Day! What do you think of the prizes?

2d9qzqu.jpg

294nluf.jpg

30ijkp2.jpg

1qqvio.jpg

Thanks kalinda xx
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

2d9qzqu.jpg

294nluf.jpg

I personally don't celebrate st. Patrick's day in rl since I'm not Irish, but I'm not a fan of this week's earnables. The women's kilt reminds me so much of the Irish men's kilts, and I don't want that inside of my dolls wardrobes:p. The top is kinda meh. The boots looks like it's apart of the costume.

I actually wish that the gift box items were switched for this week's holiday themed event because it just looks so much better. I think that I'll take it easy this weekend and won't bother to grind for none of the earnables.☺
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➑ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I wonder if you can wear the boots over jeans. That'd be great!
  • Options
    I'm picturing the kilt skirt with the sheer black plunging front,top from a gold or black Gb. I'm not going to grind for the top. But..I AM chasing the gb items. I can't believe in 3 years of gbs and tbs Z never won a st Patrick's dress. And I guess there were non to earn. Could she have lost clothes in the move to her new home? Off to the archives to spelunk.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Boots and plaid are always a plus for me. Not sure if I'll chase for anything. An extra item or two would be nice considering I'll be out on Friday and Saturday, but I'll have to see it on the doll first.

Anyway, many years ago my family and I were in Vegas during St Patrick's Day. I didn't have anything green so I borrowed my friend's tennis shoes that had a bit on them. While walking on the strip some big burly motorcycle guy pinched me on the arm and told me I wasn't wearing green. I smiled at him at pointed at the green on my shoes. He laughed and said that because he pinched me, I could pinch him back. Right when I was going to on his arm my father grabbed me and pulled me away. I was about 16 when this happened and mortified. I was just gonna pinch him, not run away with him lol

Anyway, people think because you have red hair you're Irish and celebrate, but not really, though it's crazy to watch others. A few years ago we were at a sporting event when a woman pulled out green food coloring for her beer and I thought that was a biiiiiiit excessive. Considering it seems like it's just an excuse for people to drink more than usual, I try to stay home.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Those boots are actually pretty nice. I feared a hot green mess, but the mess is actually manageable. The black top is also useable :)
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Are they boots? or are they shoes with knee socks?? LOL. Either way I like the look of them :cool:
    Cherrey wrote: Β»
    Those boots are actually pretty nice. I feared a hot green mess, but the mess is actually manageable. The black top is also useable :)
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    SugarK wrote: Β»
    Are they boots? or are they shoes with knee socks?? LOL. Either way I like the look of them :cool:

I had to look twice, but it seems like they are shoes with knee socks indeed :o
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    SugarK wrote: Β»

I just zoomed in and I think they are heels with knee socks!!????
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    I'm seeing heeled boots with about 2 inches oh knee sock showing above where the boot leaves off. Tomorrow i can play with it so it shows more....
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    I just zoomed in and I think they are heels with knee socks!!????

This pair of shoes is really intriguing. Haha. So I zoomed it in as well and realized that this pair is more like black heels with knee socks than boots. ;););) It's still cute! β™‘β™‘β™‘

But the length of the GB dress... Oh dear. I'm just not sure about that. :confused::confused::confused:
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–