Options

Monday Midweek Anticipation 7/11/17 Sensational Summer to SYS!

Comments

• Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I am NOT getting points when I Submit a look! Where's my cheesy 5 points/submission??
  • Options
    queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    Won 3 of 4 rounds, I'm almost at my TB box. I'm very excited and I feel like I'm doing pretty well for this to be my first SYS event! :o
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Ive lost the first two rounds which is shocking because my doll is always well styled ... lol ... though seriously, y'all know I've got good taste! Right?
    Luckily I had insomnia last night so I was able to start SYS at 5am so I'm on my fourth try. Finally won the third round and found 25gc in the box. Yay! I really want to get the dress but the hair is long shot if I keep losing.

Oh, and the person who brought up the issue of slacks, I'm the same way. If I can't see the shoes because they are under slacks or a full length gown, the doll doesn't get my vote.

I'm seeing a lot of looks where the shoes don't show. How can you vote for styling that doesn't show what we're absolutely supposed to be seeing? I have to say, I'm also unable to vote for those dolls as well.
  • Options
    Won 3 of 4 rounds, I'm almost at my TB box. I'm very excited and I feel like I'm doing pretty well for this to be my first SYS event! :o

That's so nice! Yay, queenn dani!
  • Options
    you get 5 event points for submitting a look, youngetv10 or 20 for losing or winning, and random pets will give you a point. Nothing else gives points for the event.

As as far as not getting past Submit a look, I hate. To sound doubting you but are you sure that you're wearing the event I don't know you can't submit a look unless you're wearing it. But other than that, there is not many reports of this, but glu is aware and checking things out. If this is happening, someone should start a thread so others with this issue will report in as well. I'm so sorry this happening.

I've seen plenty of submissions during SYS's where dolls are *not* wearing the item (um, weird)...annnnnddddd, dolls showing off what they've won--and excluding that necessary item too.
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    I've seen plenty of submissions during SYS's where dolls are *not* wearing the item (um, weird)...annnnnddddd, dolls showing off what they've won--and excluding that necessary item too.

I accidentally went to put on an outfit that had shoes and it told me, I couldn't wear it so I wonder how they are getting pasted that.
  • Options
    PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts

Congrats!! Isn't it such a relief to win often early on? Makes me feel much more optimistic about earning all of the items, so I don't feel as pressured to wake up in the middle of the night to maximize the number of rounds I enter.

Here are the contents of my free TB box. Out of this palette, the Karl Lagerfeld skirt is the item I would've been most excited to win, but I can't complain about the necklace -- I love me some gold jewelry.

EDIT: Ahh shoot, I forgot SYS events end earlier than other midweek events. 1 day 14 hours left. Maybe I will be checking my phone in the middle of the night tonight, lol.

RQADASm.png
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Options
    I accidentally went to put on an outfit that had shoes and it told me, I couldn't wear it so I wonder how they are getting pasted that.

Oh hey, that's really weird. Especially since I actually did in fact see one of those outfit-and-shoes styles earlier tonight. I thought it was just such a strange thing to do! Maybe the submitting doll had the shoes on her doll, put on the outfit and didn't realize it came with shoes attached? But still, it had gotten past what you mentioned, that it's not allowed? I don't know, it's never happened to me personally. But I'll tell you, I am seeing a bragging doll going around with new dress and hair! :( The points awarded are soooo few. Just five for submitting a look, to begin with. (This is going to take foreverrrrr!) And also, suddenly, while my last look was accepted I didn't get my five points.:( :(
  • Options
    Pez wrote: »
    Congrats!! Isn't it such a relief to win often early on? Makes me feel much more optimistic about earning all of the items, so I don't feel as pressured to wake up in the middle of the night to maximize the number of rounds I enter.

I missed 2 rounds because I went to bed at 5 something and woke up at 2 in the afternoon, so I used k-stars to finish rounds earlier, lmao
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I don't know how y'all keep on the resubmitting the same winning looks over & over again because apparently that strategy ain't working for me lol I had to switch up Ms. Gorgeous ferocious look every now & then ha
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    very 2000 & late to this thread but I also wanted to say that while glad for a kash item I feel miffed that the SYS is only until noon on thursday. it leaves people who might lose more than win vulnerable to not finishing. Why exactly couldn't we get the entire of thursday like any other mid week event?
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    very 2000 & late to this thread but I also wanted to say that while glad for a kash item I feel miffed that the SYS is only until noon on thursday. it leaves people who might lose more than win vulnerable to not finishing. Why exactly couldn't we get the entire of thursday like any other mid week event?

Really??? Omg. :eek: We can finish this event if we (a) use kstars to get results faster (b) win multiple times but it's really impossible since we're not really sure if all players vote for stylish dolls and not those dolls wearing basic/plain clothes... ??? :confused:
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Options
    SYS are probably now, my favorite event. I'm 120/155, so close to getting the dress. Honestly, gonna be the 1st event, I have ever finished and I'm hella excited, lol :o

Got heart earrings in my TB box wasn't too happy about that considering I don't have anything red items in my closet yet. :(
  • Options
    Does anyone know the required points for the completion of this event? I really don't know if I'm gonna finish this event on time anyways.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Does anyone know the required points for the completion of this event? I really don't know if I'm gonna finish this event on time anyways.

As of right now, all I know is its 50 - 105 - 155 - 210 so I hope that helped you a little :)
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Here are my 2 most submitted outfits. I've been lucky enough to win every round so far. Which is great cause I'm feeling kind of sick and want to sleep through the night. It's ok, because I have to be up at 5 anyway so not sleeping too late anyway.
    90c487.jpg
    i got kash in my first box which is fine. I was mostly upset because I didn't have any k stars in my palette. It was all kash and energy.

I got the black gown with those strange brown hamster furry shoulders.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Also just wanted to add.... is anyone else as addicted to voting on looks as me? I find myself mindlessly voting on looks for a really long time lol.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    ldavis1636 wrote: »
    Also just wanted to add.... is anyone else as addicted to voting on looks as me? I find myself mindlessly voting on looks for a really long time lol.

Me too! Plus, not going to lie, I get some inspiration out of everyone's looks! <3
  • Options
    ldavis1636 wrote: »

Considering this is my first SYS event, I'm hella addicted to voting too, Laura, lol.
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Kayla, I voted for you! :)
    So far, I have only seen my dolls, Kayla and Amy's doll, Madison. I kept seeing the same sets of dolls. Kayla's twice, Amy's three times! Good luck, everyone! :)
    IMG_7674.jpg

woohoo, I won that round so again I thank you for your vote!

edit: won another round so 5 more til I get the TB box, hopefully I don't sleep thru the alarms!
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »

I've always wondered why that is. What's even more difficult is we don't really have all that time since if I remember correctly, we cannot submit a new look if there is less than 4 hours left in the event.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    I've been doing quite well with this outfit, so I'm going to stick with it for the moment and hope I can at least make it to the dress.

IMG_0154.jpg
    ****I play on ios****
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Yay. I love these SYS events, and final points for the hair - 210. It's so great seeing people playing this for the first time. It's the no cost, no grind....just watch the clock. And it's perfectly normal to just get into a vote vote vote vote thing. I have a hard time stopping voiting, (don't laugh) because I can't shut it down till the new one loads, and if I shut down on that without voting, someone might have needed the vote. lol. so I vote that one, and the next pops up and it's the same thing all over again. So, yeah, I vote a lot too.

I love the dress, and really can't wait to get to the hair. I love that hair. And I love everyone's looks. we should start a list of what I vote for, and what makes me not vote for something. What about when BOTH choices are covering up the shoes? how do you vote then? Even worse than the gowns covering up the shoes. are the booties over pants. Are you afraid your pants will get away, you think you should tie them to your leg with those laces? I'm sorry, I'm all for boot over pants, but come on. How about fur jacket with those open footed thingys? So from the knees up it's snowing, but your feet are the next thing to barefoot.

Anyway.....Good morning Dolls. I'm excited for today, because on wednesday Kalinda sometimes drops a hint or two about the weekend event. :)

Oh, and every time there has been a SYS, it always shuts down at noon, with the last submission accepted at 4 hours earlier than the event end. if you try to submit a look, at 8:01....It will tell you 'sorry no more submissions, put feel free to continue to vote' Now, this bothers me, because sometimes that extra 5 points for submission is the difference between the last prize or no last prize. And someone always gets caught by surprise when it shuts down the submission window. so everyone be aware, the event ends at 12 noon Eastern time, but you can NOT enter any look after 8:00 AM Eastern time. So, if your previous event will end at 8:05, and you need one more, then you can buy early results for a star or 2, and get the last submission in.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm having such a hard time with this event. Like I'm basically recycling my dolls old winning looks, and they keep on losing so I always gotta switch it up no matter how many times I've tried since I'm having some terrible luck with this event.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'm sorry Carol. You are a very well coordinated dresser, and that pic of miss goody two shoes looked nice. What are you up to in points, and are you going after the hair? A number of people had said they're just trying for the dress. That would put less pressure on you. Are you voting a lot? I know there is no game connection to you voting and winning, but in the grand scheme of things, maybe Karma gets behind those who vote a lot? But good luck Carol and everyone who's sweating it.
    We have cheer leaders and morale coaches for anyone who needs them.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    JWgyegb.png?1

giphy.gif
  • Options
    AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    I'm having such a hard time with this event. Like I'm basically recycling my dolls old winning looks, and they keep on losing so I always gotta switch it up no matter how many times I've tried since I'm having some terrible luck with this event.

Me too. I've had 2 looks I've won with, tried them again and lost with them! Then I'm trying new looks and losing with them also. So frustrating. I know I'm losing to dolls with horrible style too. :(
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Ive lost the first two rounds which is shocking because my doll is always well styled ... lol ... though seriously, y'all know I've got good taste! Right?

Yes, you do have a great taste! Most of forum's people has, so don't allow this event to shake your confidence! I prefer to believe that our losses are reflections of the poor taste of the players out there.

Everytime we have a SYS is like we're back to the real world, where people are clueless about what they're wearing.dfruPBT.gif

My outfit is having mixed receptions, I just change the hair style/color at each submission, generally I'm luckier as brunet, but this time blond is being more successful.

I got 4th July's sneakers in my TB, could've bought them last week, I didn't and now they're back to bite my a$$. They're cool you know...just wanted something MORE. Oh I wish so much that KKH boxes items were randomly sorted as K&K's are, this way the chances of getting nice items would be fairer.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    woohoo, I won that round so again I thank you for your vote!

edit: won another round so 5 more til I get the TB box, hopefully I don't sleep thru the alarms!

Yay! Congrats Kayla! I voted for you twice again this morning. I hope you get your result back winning! :)

IMG_4343.jpg

Carol, these are the darker skin tone dolls I voted for. Maybe you will get some inspirations from these looks? Not that you need help with fashion sense. It's just we all have our blind spots. Sometimes, the look I like doesn't win but I change it to the look other people like wins. Good luck next round!

IMG_4341.jpg

Angie, I haven't seen your doll at all this time. I will definitely keep an eye for you. I love seeing forum dolls when voting! And don't get discouraged when you lose. I think it's all about who you get paired up with. If you get paired up with NPC looking doll then you are all set for that round. Haha ... :p
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    we should start a list of what I vote for, and what makes me not vote for something. What about when BOTH choices are covering up the shoes? how do you vote then? Even worse than the gowns covering up the shoes. are the booties over pants. Are you afraid your pants will get away, you think you should tie them to your leg with those laces? I'm sorry, I'm all for boot over pants, but come on. How about fur jacket with those open footed thingys? So from the knees up it's snowing, but your feet are the next thing to barefoot.

LOL! ;) I get to vote for the same sets of dolls a lot. When both dolls have the looks you described above, I vote for them both. The first time I see them I vote for whoever looks better in general. The second time, I vote for the other one so it's fair. Haha ...
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Oh, I forgot that we get some bonus points once we earn the first item (the dress/pants). We get two extra points when submitting a look and two extra points when the win/loss results come in. Just wanted to post that to give people gunning for the hair some extra hope -- those little boosts can make all the difference, like how Savagekkh reminded us that our pets can give a few points every day (the pets once helped me finish a SYS event when I would have otherwise been a handful of points short). Good luck everyone.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol