Options

Monday Midweek Anticipation 7/11/17 Sensational Summer to SYS!

Comments

• Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    That is really helpful Pez. I had forgotten that.

As for the convos about the event ending too soon, it's annoying that we basically don't get a third day at all unless we wake before 8am. I remember once I planned on submitting @ 10 am and then paying for early results, and that was the first time they instated the 'no submissions with less than 4 hours left' rule, so I lost that item.

I really feel like they should give us a longer day, cut out that late submission rule so that people can pay stars to finish last minute, or (my personal choice) cut the wait time down to 3 hours.

Come on Glu. You know you love my suggestions. It's so fulfilling to make the resident grump happy. 😜
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    As far as voting, I'm not choosing any looks with the shoes covered because I don't think it's right lol. Over the pants is something I'm seeing a lot of also and I don't care for it. The worst (and this is every SYS event it seems) are the dolls who are overstyled. Earrings, necklace, bracelet, sunglasses, purse... the whole nine yards. Sometimes less is better, especially if you don't have any sets that match. I'd much rather see a doll with just a necklace or just earrings or a purse than see one with a gold necklace and silver earrings and crazy purse with those rose tinted sunglasses (true story - I just witnessed it). IT DOESN'T MATCH AND YOU KNOW IT! :p
  • Options
    AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    Ew. My bad luck with ugly shoes continues. :(

IMG_5662.png
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    As far as voting, I'm not choosing any looks with the shoes covered because I don't think it's right lol. Over the pants is something I'm seeing a lot of also and I don't care for it. The worst (and this is every SYS event it seems) are the dolls who are overstyled. Earrings, necklace, bracelet, sunglasses, purse... the whole nine yards. Sometimes less is better, especially if you don't have any sets that match. I'd much rather see a doll with just a necklace or just earrings or a purse than see one with a gold necklace and silver earrings and crazy purse with those rose tinted sunglasses (true story - I just witnessed it). IT DOESN'T MATCH AND YOU KNOW IT! :p

Less is more. Youre so right. add to choose between pants being tied up by the shoes or the shoes under a long gown I chose the long gown because it was semi-sheer and you could still see the shoes faintly, so the lesser of two evils. ;) i said, she must have chosen that gown because you CANsee the shoes.. gut ladies, dont cover up those pretty shoes.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I've seen Kayla and voted for her too. I don't think I've seen anyone else's doll. I went down my friends list to see what dolls were wearing so I'd recognize it. Of course that doesn't help as much as it could since 75% of my friends are frozen.

I did pretty good with the TB box. I received the long khaki sleeveless duster with the black tank & pants underneath. I'm ok with the outfit but it reminded me how much I disagree with closet location of many items. It's in the short sleeve shirt closet. I wish all complete head to toe looks were in the dress closet.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I love seeing everyone's looks on this thread, because I never seem to see any forum friends in my voting! I only have a couple of unfrozen friends, so I see Angeline and Kayla's dolls in my friends list, but I've never seen them voting--so jealous, Angeline & Holly, that you've gotten to vote for Kayla!

Everly has been winning wearing this look:
    mMa8oRj.jpg

I think one tip for doing well (I remember seeing it ages ago here in the forum) is good hair. Wear some fabulous hair, and you tend to do better with the voters, I think. Everly is wearing her big hair to balance the simple design of her dress, but also because the dress could read as more demure, but with the shoes and hair, it's flirtier, I think.

I made it to the TB box this morning, and it was an okay palette:

CFgZRFr.png?1

I actually quite like the jewelry that showed up, and one of my most-wanted items, that green sparkly dress, was in the upper right corner.

I usually like to wear my new TB stuff right away, and play around with styling it, but I've got to keep Everly in her winning look till I'm done with the event so I can submit it that much faster! I like SYS, but one draw back is that I tend to get sick of the item after wearing it for days and seeing it on everyone.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    I don't know if I'm more picky about judging than most, but I actually judge the whole concept. Like if they are wearing a club type dress, I want to see it styled for the club, not with mom hair and a bag.

I know also that jewelry can be overdone but I just don't really understand people not accessorizing at all. It's a styling event. Throw on a pair of earrings at least.

Anyway, there is this white and grey light printed dress with a citron yellow sash tied at the waist that has popped up on a few dolls. I'm absolutely in love with it and don't recall if it was an event or maybe it's a VIP thing. Does anyone know offhand?
  • Options
    AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm more picky about judging than most, but I actually judge the whole concept. Like if they are wearing a club type dress, I want to see it styled for the club, not with mom hair and a bag.

I know also that jewelry can be overdone but I just don't really understand people not accessorizing at all. It's a styling event. Throw on a pair of earrings at least.

Anyway, there is this white and grey light printed dress with a citron yellow sash tied at the waist that has popped up on a few dolls. I'm absolutely in love with it and don't recall if it was an event or maybe it's a VIP thing. Does anyone know offhand?

Are you talking about this dress? If so, yes. It's a VIP item. :)

IMG_5664.png
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    I like SYS, but one draw back is that I tend to get sick of the item after wearing it for days and seeing it on everyone.

I feel this way too, I was so in love with this hairstyle until it was used in a SYS, my doll has never worn it since...

18.jpg

I made it to my Throwback box this morning:

IMG_4602.png

Love this outfit!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    JWgyegb.png?1

giphy.gif

Thank you for making me laugh Soundspretty. :D

Here's my TB box. xlNTw0I.png?1

This is my current outfit. I've won once with it. But so far I win once, then lose, then change the outfit.

F4b4GPV.jpg?1

I guess I'm voting like quite a few of you are - if I don't see the shoes, no vote. I also do not like them over jeans. Seems quite a few people are doing that.
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    Are you talking about this dress? If so, yes. It's a VIP item. :)

IMG_5664.png

Yes! That's it. Thank you so much. I was wondering how I missed it.
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    webra wrote: »

This is my current outfit. I've won once with it. But so far I win once, then lose, then change the outfit.

F4b4GPV.jpg?1

I guess I'm voting like quite a few of you are - if I don't see the shoes, no vote. I also do not like them over jeans. Seems quite a few people are doing that.

Your doll is so pretty Webra! Gorg!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts

F4b4GPV.jpg?1

Love that pink dress!
    You haven't been changing your outfit in my game for a while. :(
    You're still wearing the yellow bird dress with a bird on your shoulder.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Love that pink dress!

Webra, you're frozen in my game too in the same outfit with the bird :(:(
  • Options
    Love that pink dress!

I'll go check you in mine when I'm back with my Androids.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    haftime wrote: »
    Your doll is so pretty Webra! Gorg!

Thank you!

I assumed I was frozen in some games since so many friends are frozen in mine. Perhaps I'm frozen in all of my friends games. :(

Koko I've added you as a friend (iOS), but your doll has never appeared on my friends list in game.
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    And, I finally finished my 1st event. Thank you to everyone who voted! :o

Full_Size_Render_5.jpg

I'm really loving the outfit on my doll! :)

IMG_2509.jpg
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Well congrats Dani :)!
    This is one of the first times that this event is going so slowly for me. I'm not even up to the dress yet:(.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    Thank you Carol! Hopefully, you get to finish :)
  • Options
    And, I finally finished my 1st event. Thank you to everyone who voted! :o

I'm really loving the outfit on my doll! :)

Congratulations! I love that dress and hair. :)
    Well congrats Dani :)!
    This is one of the first times that this event is going so slowly for me. I'm not even up to the dress yet:(.

I didn't think it was going that slow for me, but I don't have the dress either.
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    IMG_2289.jpg

You were among the returning friends that brought back Angeline, Jon, Holly's boy, and a bunch more. It was after 7.0.1 I think. You look great.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Love seeing your outfits, dolls. We're only a couple days away from the weekend!

You can get new hair and accessories during the event.

One of Kim's outfits that you've been waiting for will be available!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    Love seeing your outfits, dolls. We're only a couple days away from the weekend!

You can get new hair and accessories during the event.

One of Kim's outfits that you've been waiting for will be available!

ahhhh! Can't wait!
    Thank you so much for the hints, Kalinda! They always make me feel super excited! :o Hmm, I'm wondering what kind of event will be hmm
    I'm actually looking forward for a VIP event but I'd be happy with any event we get!
  • Options
    Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    Aaah.. I forgot to submit a new look before work today and I'm afraid I'm gonna miss out on the hair. I haven't reached the throwback box yet. :/ Bleh.
  • Options
    carleighcarleigh Registered Users 55 Posts
    Just finished and I'm excited for the weekend. Here's the outfit I wore and I was lucky enough to win every time! Didn't want to post it before and jinx myself lol.
    24pguqc.png
    IOS :)
  • Options
    judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    carleigh wrote: »
    Just finished and I'm excited for the weekend. Here's the outfit I wore and I was lucky enough to win every time! Didn't want to post it before and jinx myself lol.
    24pguqc.png

That dress is absolutely stunning!
  • Options
    P
    Congratulations! I love that dress and hair. :)

I didn't think it was going that slow for me, but I don't have the dress either.

I posted my pic of our dolls, us that what you were wearing today?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm few points away to finish the event, just one more round and doesn't matter the results the hair will be mine, but the best news is that I won't have to wake up during this night, yay!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Two looks I submitted for this event:

IMG_7687.jpg

Yay! Love everything! Jon will be finishing tomorrow morning whenever I get up.
    Thanks to whoever voted for us! :)

IMG_7686.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    MaxyliciousMaxylicious Registered Users 71 Posts
    Hi guys! I've been lurking around this forum for months, and finally decided to jump in.

I've come to realize that SYS events are easier for me when you accept that setting a timer is your friend.

I've gotten really lucky with this week's and have won all my rounds but 1 wearing the same outfit for all of it. Good luck everyone!

j2sELRt.jpg
    KKH and K&K iOS player since March '16
    KKH Doll name Liyah, Level 70, A+++, 1.2 billion fans, #1 reality tv show: The Fast Lane
    K&K Doll name Liyah J, Level 28, 260 million followers, Krew name: Krewzn