Options

Weekend Event 7/21/17 - Hair, Shoes and Everything in Between!

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    I woke up an hour late to the event and for life today, and on the rush to get that perfect hair I did the stupidest thing I've ever done, I opened 12 boxes! I don't know what I was thinking, my heart got so angry and I went Berserk...

4x kash, 3x points, 1x energy bolts, 1x k-stars, the top, the shoes and the hair...Plus energy in my free box.

I want to be happy. cause I got what I wanted, but I can't. I deleted all those screenshots, cause I don't want to spend all day staring at them, thinking on how idiot I am. Ugh!

I can't return to the game, all I need now is girls' pineapple purse to sit my a$$ on it and spin, spin, spin until I undo myself.

Aww, I'm sorry this happened. But, it did and the thing to do is to turn this into a good thing. You have to be strong. Set your limit of what you're willing to spend on boxes. Take those and stop, no matter the outcome. Play to the free box, and then when you open your free one, decide if you'll buy 2 more. Now you have had 6 boxes, and unless you decided to buy 8 (plus a free one) stop there. At least for now.

If you don't stop and take a breath, it's like Hamster on a wheel. Also....never ever ever buy boxes in an angry frenzy. If you're in a bad mood and pick boxes....you attract bad boxes. Shake it off, set an allowance (3 more boxes) and go in again. But learn from this so you don't feel bad next time.

Now, forgetting about how much you had to open, doesn't that hair look great on our Vatsy?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    I'm off to a slow start the event is on two hours and Iv only got 19pts I need to get a move on! Looking forward to the free box!! Wanting the hair, dress or bag Summer looks fab in the outfit!! Gotta grind away if I want to finish the event I'm so not with it today lol!!
  • Options
    FindMeIfYouCABFindMeIfYouCAB Registered Users 56 Posts
    0Ycb8ca.jpg

I usually try to pick my box based off other people's, but there weren't any, so I guess I'll get the ball rolling lol. Hopefully you guys can figure out some patterns. Not thrilled with the glasses, but any event item makes the parties go by so much faster so I'm happy with that. I was really hoping for the hair or pineapple! Do I open a second?
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Hey dolls!
    Those boots can easily be the ugliest most terrible fashion item to ever exist...ever. Let's be honest, Kim is not the most reliable fashion icon, she has moments of light but those boots are not one of them.

Sorry, I know some of you love them, for me they are just a step towards the hair because a girl can never have enough hairstyles in her a r s enal (I'm being censored here!) lol.

I actually like the jacket, denim and all as for the GB the hair again. All of the other stuff is just...I can't even. Maybe I'm not fashion forward enough to understand this weekend event items because I find them just horrible. But hey! The good news for me are that we're getting pass the ugly stuff and the next events should be better lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I woke up an hour late to the event and for life today, and on the rush to get that perfect hair I did the stupidest thing I've ever done, I opened 12 boxes! I don't know what I was thinking, my heart got so angry and I went Berserk...

4x kash, 3x points, 1x energy bolts, 1x k-stars, the top, the shoes and the hair...Plus energy in my free box.

I want to be happy. cause I got what I wanted, but I can't. I deleted all those screenshots, cause I don't want to spend all day staring at them, thinking on how idiot I am. Ugh!

I can't return to the game, all I need now is girls' pineapple purse to sit my a$$ on it and spin, spin, spin until I undo myself.

Awwwww Vatsy, I'm so sorry :(:( You know I'm being truthful when I say I've been there before and know exactly how you feel!!! Sometimes we get so caught up we can't stop ourselves, and then you finally get what you wanted and you're sooooooo annoyed you can't even enjoy it :mad: I'm sorry that happened but I hope you can calm down and come back later to enjoy your prize .... at least you got it! the time I chased the hair I didn't even get it after opening 15 boxes and finally had to quit :rolleyes:

hug-gif-20.gif
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts

Oh noooo!! I know exactly how you feel. You really want something and get bummed over and over again because the boxes are trash, so you go all in and try until you get what you want. In the end you feel sore and tired and incredibly stupid because you wasted a ton of stars for nothing. I feel you so much, my dear. It's such a terrible feeling. On a bright note, you got what you want. I had events where I opened a dozen of boxes and got nothing.

I offer you my pineapple purse to sit on. It's the least I can do :(

k5bx44J.jpg

I really wanted the purse. I adore it. I got the mesh dress in my free gift box and decided to leave it as it is. I'm glad I didn't open more boxes in my first pallet because they were awful. Later I decided to give it another shot, opened my regular box and got my pineapple dream. This is probably the most luck on gift boxes I had for months, but I can't be as happy as I should be because my Vatsey baby is unhappy :(
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    ZP3PUNr.png?1

giphy.gif

To chase or not to chase the hair. That is the question...
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Omg, soundspretty. I had to burst out a laugh when I saw that reaction gif :D

If you try for the hair, my fingers are crossed for you! :)
  • Options
    Ok, i wish i had raken my own advice. Move over Vats, z's coming over to see with you. Whenever i'm full after a double stars sale i play fast and loosecwith giftboxes. ,i dont even wnt to talk about it. And Vatsy, you needed a pineapple and a spin? Z's got the purse and a push if you're still interested.

Edited to add....see? Right there. VATS Z. They should be the super couple.not much we can do with Kat.
    VatsKat sounds like fat kat. Lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    ZP3PUNr.png?1

giphy.gif

To chase or not to chase the hair. That is the question...

Funny, the bottom row hair and second energy were in the same places in my palette. Where your dress was in my palette was more energy so I'm glad I stopped at two boxes
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Aww, I'm sorry this happened. But, it did and the thing to do is to turn this into a good thing. You have to be strong. Set your limit of what you're willing to spend on boxes. Take those and stop, no matter the outcome. Play to the free box, and then when you open your free one, decide if you'll buy 2 more. Now you have had 6 boxes, and unless you decided to buy 8 (plus a free one) stop there. At least for now.

If you don't stop and take a breath, it's like Hamster on a wheel. Also....never ever ever buy boxes in an angry frenzy. If you're in a bad mood and pick boxes....you attract bad boxes. Shake it off, set an allowance (3 more boxes) and go in again. But learn from this so you don't feel bad next time.

Now, forgetting about how much you had to open, doesn't that hair look great on our Vatsy?
    SugarK wrote: »
    Awwwww Vatsy, I'm so sorry You know I'm being truthful when I say I've been there before and know exactly how you feel!!! Sometimes we get so caught up we can't stop ourselves, and then you finally get what you wanted and you're sooooooo annoyed you can't even enjoy it I'm sorry that happened but I hope you can calm down and come back later to enjoy your prize .... at least you got it! the time I chased the hair I didn't even get it after opening 15 boxes and finally had to quit
    Cherrey wrote: »
    Oh noooo!! I know exactly how you feel. You really want something and get bummed over and over again because the boxes are trash, so you go all in and try until you get what you want. In the end you feel sore and tired and incredibly stupid because you wasted a ton of stars for nothing. I feel you so much, my dear. It's such a terrible feeling. On a bright note, you got what you want. I had events where I opened a dozen of boxes and got nothing.

I offer you my pineapple purse to sit on. It's the least I can do

I really wanted the purse. I adore it. I got the mesh dress in my free gift box and decided to leave it as it is. I'm glad I didn't open more boxes in my first pallet because they were awful. Later I decided to give it another shot, opened my regular box and got my pineapple dream. This is probably the most luck on gift boxes I had for months, but I can't be as happy as I should be because my Vatsey baby is unhappy

Thanks for the compassion my loves! Please don't feel bad, I'm already moving over, that rant was somehow therapeutic and I recover as quickly as Wolverine!:p

The funny thing we've all been there before and still we get trapped sometimes!

Usually I go up to 5 boxes without refunds, but that hair is on Brad Pitt's level and I couldn't pass without it, grateful this time the outcome was 'positive'.

Congratulations on your prizes, hope you have fun with it! Pineapple song to bring back the fun mood:

Soon I'll put on Vats' new hair and feel like...LVwWOIE.gif
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    Here's my box. I REALLY like the purse, but I'm not sure what I'm willing to do for it yet.

68BjP45.png?1
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    UGH. This was my free GB. I hate when there are only 2 GB items in our very first palette!! I initially picked the energy and am so disappointed in myself for wasting 40 K-stars just to open up cash. I'm glad I decided not to chase further -- the two GB items that interested me, the sunglasses and the purse, weren't even in this palette.

Oh, I'm glad I refreshed the page one last time before I submitted this -- webra and I have darn near the same palette.

SenAhyB.png

LMAO, thank you for a good laugh, I'm in an awful mood and probably need the pineapple purse treatment too! I'm so sorry you had terrible luck on your boxes :( you're going to rock that hair though!
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    My free GB palette had ONE item in it.

ONE.

The rest of the boxes were energy, Kash, and event points. There weren't even kstars.

This. Is. Unacceptable.

I did manage to pick the one item, the awful body suit/skirt that I will never wear. It looks like a Burkini without the head scarf. I would respect it more if it had the head scarf.

Whatever. Glu this is why I don't chase. ONE ITEM.

And I figured out what the plastic shoes look like. They look like the covers that dairy farmers wear on their arms and legs when they need to wade in the cow muck.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Did any other android lose their rapid recharge? I lost it about 2 hours or so ago...

It's essential for my party grinding!
    PM to add
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Thanks for the compassion my loves! Please don't feel bad, I'm already moving over, that rant was somehow therapeutic and I recover as quickly as Wolverine!:p

The funny thing we've all been there before and still we get trapped sometimes!

Usually I go up to 5 boxes without refunds, but that hair is on Brad Pitt's level and I couldn't pass without it, grateful this time the outcome was 'positive'.

Congratulations on your prizes, hope you have fun with it! Pineapple song to bring back the fun mood:

Soon I'll put on Vats' new hair and feel like...LVwWOIE.gif

LOL!

I feel your pain tho Vats - that was me with the monkey from North's birthday weekend. 200 stars down the drain! I'm glad you managed to grab everything you wanted in the process tho
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Yeah, this morning I was saying, wow, raapid recharge is back during the event, this is great, and for the past hour or so...no rapid recharge. Hopefullyy it will be back soon.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    My free GB palette had ONE item in it.

ONE.

The rest of the boxes were energy, Kash, and event points. There weren't even kstars.

This. Is. Unacceptable.

I did manage to pick the one item, the awful body suit/skirt that I will never wear. It looks like a Burkini without the head scarf. I would respect it more if it had the head scarf.

Whatever. Glu this is why I don't chase. ONE ITEM.

And I figured out what the plastic shoes look like. They look like the covers that dairy farmers wear on their arms and legs when they need to wade in the cow muck.

I'm sorry your box was so awful. But thank you for that last sentence. I needed a good laugh. Although now I can't unsee that. :eek:
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    Yeah, this morning I was saying, wow, raapid recharge is back during the event, this is great, and for other pas thought or so...no rapid recharge. Hopefullyy it will be back soon.

Well, I have the "option" on iOS, but there haven't been any videos available to watch today. But that's pretty common.
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Thankfully I only had to open 4 boxes including my free one to get the dress and hair for Summer! Not sure If I should chase the bag or not my luck has been good so far!

BguQpfF.jpg
  • Options
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    LOL!

I feel your pain tho Vats - that was me with the monkey from North's birthday weekend. 200 stars down the drain! I'm glad you managed to grab everything you wanted in the process tho

I'm still bitter about my monkey!

:(:(:(
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    ANNOUNCEMENT:

I love how we're always thinking ahead to the next event, so I want to tell you about the midweek event. It's going to start on MONDAY at the usual time.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    Think ThrowBacks monkeyless players and everyone else who bewails that they ever missed out. No More FOMO thanks to benevolent glu. That seriously is the glimmer of hope we sometimes need to hold it together.

Why can't I get this out if my head today?
    [video=youtube_share;He-LBIyBUz8]https://youtu.be/He-LBIyBUz8[/video]
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Did any other android lose their rapid recharge? I lost it about 2 hours or so ago...

It's essential for my party grinding!

Hmm that's strange I didn't lose mine at all, hoping you got it back Nai

Um he (Chad) doesn't even like us why do we always have to be a goody two shoes and help our enemies, lol? I wanted to tell him to go crawl under a rock but that isn't an option I'd assume the ladies have to give Crystal advice what did you all choose if you've done it already?

aovUweI.jpg

In other news I'll be back to rant later still at work and probably won't finish the event but I'm not even complaining since I don't like any of the guy stuff.
  • Options
    Just saw Kalinda's news.

This is will be the bestest Monday Ever. Thank you so much for this early info. I wonder what it will be. Ideas anyone?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    astray yay I just got mine back :)

Jax got the shorts in his free box, kash x 2, shoes, hair. Lucky weekend for him. Hugs, Vatsy, you're already looking amazing in the hair.
    PM to add
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    ANNOUNCEMENT:

I love how we're always thinking ahead to the next event, so I want to tell you about the midweek event. It's going to start on MONDAY at the usual time.

OHHHHHH so exciting :D:D Thanks for the tip, Kalinda!!!

giphy.gif
  • Options
    PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts

Huh! I wonder what it could be. Is it any Kardashian's/Jenner's birthday, anniversary, etc. this week that we could be celebrating? Or is it Fashion Week in some city somewhere, since 'Fashion & Beauty' is the theme of this most recent update? Or maaaybe an extra day for a SYS event? (my stress level and sleep schedule both wish! pretty please Glu! haha)
    astray wrote: »
    Um he (Chad) doesn't even like us why do we always have to be a goody two shoes and help our enemies, lol? I wanted to tell him to go crawl under a rock but that isn't an option I'd assume the ladies have to give Crystal advice what did you all choose if you've done it already?

Haha I thought the exact same thing! I advised Chad to give her space, dunno how that will work out yet though. I got a call from Crystal right after asking me to meet up with her to discuss things, as well.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Options

I picked win her back, but I didn't read what he said before that haha. So I don't know if that's the right answer or not.
  • Options
    judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    ANNOUNCEMENT:

Ahhh! Can't wait!
    To be honest, I haven't even made it to the clear boots and I'm already super excited for the midweek event! Thank you so much for this, Kalinda! <3 I wonder what it will be...
    Hmm that's strange I didn't lose mine at all, hoping you got it back Nai

aovUweI.jpg

In other news I'll be back to rant later still at work and probably won't finish the event but I'm not even complaining since I don't like any of the guy stuff.

I also chose to give her space, I was wondering exactly this when I did it but went with it. I did receive a call from Crystal so let's hope that any of those two was the correct one! I'm liking this event so far very, very much!

Alright guys, gonna keep partying! ;)