Options

KK:H Weekday Event 9/25/17 - Surprise Early Thread Start

12346Next

Comments

• Options
    JasmineKKHJasmineKKH Registered Users 518 Posts
    Thanks Koko, Kalinda, and Pez. I think you're right Kalinda- this time, I submitted at home with a WiFi network instead of data. Thanks for the help and support!
    iOS platform
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Andrzej - James opened that exact denim? Blue shirt in his Throwback box.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I ended up with really good picks. I haven't had a chance to play with the outfits yet

wdX8bwZ.png?1
    APqMRpe.png?1
    Ntd0CUe.png?1
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Thanks Stefan, Sugar & Pez!
    My dolls will both finish when the result comes back this round. Thanks to whoever voted for them. :) So I started to submit a basic look (default hairstyle & shoes) just to help out whoever is paired up with my doll to win. I think Pez has a similar idea. I remember seeing her post about putting together a ridiculously awful outfit to help out whoever is paired against. That's exactly what I thought when I vote. So if you see Angeline wearing default hair & shoes, vote for the other doll. :)

As for the lack of seeing male dolls in the voting booth, I noticed that this week, too. Normally I get to see Jon at least once from Angeline's game but not this time. There are not many guys playing, so it's weird that I didn't even see Jon in the voting booth. And I believe this is how it works, we only get to vote for the same platform dolls, right? I hope Glu will increase the frequency of male dolls showing in the voting booth, otherwise their win/ lose seems to be based on just a few votes.:confused:

I hope everyone is doing well. Finish strong, dolls!
    Apparently my strategy of helping others didn't work, my default doll came back winning:confused:
    How could that be? Who voted for a doll wearing the default hairstyle & shoes without any accessories?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    Kayla, I voted for you!! I like the heart boots you're wearing. It's so unique and stands out in the voting booth because you don't see many dolls wearing those. Great choice! :)

IMG_2604.png
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    V58BysC.jpg
    Who wear short shorts? My doll wears her 3rd box short shorts.

I like the super short shorts you picked. Those are so useful as you can hide them underneath a coat/ jacket. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    Angeline's TB items this week: :D

IMG_0132.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    I hope everyone is doing well. Finish strong, dolls!
    Apparently my strategy of helping others didn't work, my default doll came back winning:confused:
    How could that be? Who voted for a doll wearing the default hairstyle & shoes without any accessories?

Maybe because they thought your doll was a beginner and gave you pity votes? :confused: I think the best play would be to dress hideous with miss-matched accessories and stuff.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Andrzej - James opened that exact denim? Blue shirt in his Throwback box.

Vats got that shirt too! The one I referred as 'wearable' earlier in this thread.

Lets the conspiracy theories begin!ZcR510c.gif
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Maybe because they thought your doll was a beginner and gave you pity votes? :confused: I think the best play would be to dress hideous with miss-matched accessories and stuff.

I kept Angeline's NARS eyes & So Glamm lips and thought voters wouldn't assume that was a beginner doll.
    I thought of dressing hideously but sometimes I see dolls put on every accessory that could possibly be put on, I actually voted for the clown doll, if the other doll was not good either. I was like, if you put that much effort on dressing all those together, I would give you my vote ... LOL!!
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    Haha so I guess there's no rhyme or reason then! Although with the event winding down and maybe not as many people voting anymore, your doll could've very well only got 1 or 2 votes and that counted as winning. So who knows.
  • Options
    tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    I finished yesterday and these were my TB palettes (I just got kash in my black box):

2yv9g6f.jpg

I really like the bag I picked and have since it first appeared (I remember much preferring it to the yellow earnable bag available the same week, but not having any stars to chase it at the time - I used to be so low on all resources early in the game!) and it's definitely my favourite item from that selection.

1epaj8.jpg

A really good palette, and this maybe isn't objectively the best pick, but I'm really happy with it. It's a former GB item and I fell in love with the leather skirt which matches it and chased that - only to find that none of the tops I have really went with it - there was always a gap between it and the start of the tops. I did try to chase this top, too, when I realised - but I'd nearly fully depleted my stars going for the skirt and couldn't get it. So, I'm very, very happy to have it finally!

282p7r4.jpg

I'm not as happy with this pick - I've never been a fan of these shoes, and probably won't really use them, but two out of three ain't bad, and at least I can't get them again now!

Overall, I've really had a lot of fun with this event and loved getting to earn three TB boxes, as well as getting to admire and vote on everyone else's styling. I've always liked SYS events but espeially appreciate this format, and I hope very much Glu continues with it.

I hope everyone has managed to complete the event (or get up to wherever they were aiming for) and also has some nice new things :)
  • Options
    Anastasia_V.Anastasia_V. Registered Users 157 Posts
    Pez wrote: »
    Anastasia, I'm happy to hear you're on a winning streak now! Rooting for you and everyone to finish.

Thank you, Pez!! You guys all are too sweet! <3

As I've promised, here are my tb boxes. My lucky streak decided to stop when I've started opening them. Lol

pixlr_20170928174848042.jpg

But hey, at least I won 25 k-stars in my black box!
    KKH Android player
    Level 65, A+++
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    That's so awesome Tiramasu. Funny thing about the shoes.....both my Androids got them yesterday. But, last year I bought the hair and dress to the Wednesday Addams family Halloween costume for all 3 dolls, but I didn't really care for the shoes and socks so I didn't get those. however I put the dress on with the braids and those white shoes I got yesterday ....it doesn't look bad, so I'm happy. But I didn't really need to get them twice. Instead of Wednesday I guess I have Tuesday and Thursday Addams LOL

i love over the other items you got. And yeah that's a much better bag than the yellow one.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ha ha Koko, an Addams for any day of the week! That's such a good idea to use them with that costume, unfortunately I didn't buy any of it, but I'll have to have a rummage round my closet and see if I can come up with anything that works with them.
  • Options
    Oh no Anastasia! At least you didn't get the pink flower glasses in your third pallet. I opened a TB box one time and got those and about lost it.

tiramisu those shoes and the white platform ones with the solid sole remind me of the Spice Girls. I wish I had pigtails for my doll because I would dress her up as Baby Spice lol!
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Haha so I guess there's no rhyme or reason then! Although with the event winding down and maybe not as many people voting anymore, your doll could've very well only got 1 or 2 votes and that counted as winning. So who knows.

Nope. Absolutely no idea what people are voting for. I dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood, the tights with red shoes, a red scarf, and Toto in my basket. I did it late last night to give last minute players a chance. Woke up this morning to find out I won.

-face palm-
  • Options
    To be fair that sounds really cute.
  • Options
    You are so right soundspretty, those shoes are pure Baby Spice! You and Koko are making me have a rethink, I can definitely see some real potential with them now! I just need some pigtails...
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Kayla, I voted for you!! I like the heart boots you're wearing. It's so unique and stands out in the voting booth because you don't see many dolls wearing those. Great choice! :)

IMG_2604.png

I like the super short shorts you picked. Those are so useful as you can hide them underneath a coat/ jacket. :)

Thank you! It's always neat to see my doll in someone else's game lol

And yes! I have already tried those shorts with all the shirts seeing what they go under and how lol. And congrats on winning the Kim face jacket, it's def on my wish list
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    (sorry so late in posting this-- i thought i posted it yesterday!)

Here's how Everly styled the LBD. I won some, I lost some, it was all good.

B4HsGCt.jpg

so in my black box i got cash, of course. here are my tb palettes:

DjRWXGP.png?1

This one's pretty heartbreaking, because I literally want everything in the palette (except for maybe the hamster-shoulder gown), and I got another pair of gold strappy sandals.

aHUyWvU.png?1

This one is okay-- the palette isn't super-exciting. The shoes I got are nice.

mORn1j4.png?1

This one is a really good palette--lots of great items. While I never would have known to have that top on my list, I really love it!

Here's Everly in one of the new pairs of shoes (I didn't bother with a modelling pic of the gold sandals)

AtDPu0h.jpg

And here's a close-up of the green top. The thing about this top is that it ends high on the waist, so it's good for the high-waist pants, but because it's tied, it doesn't look weird with lower-waist things, either, which makes it super-versatile! Love!

kgbzDld.jpg
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    LOL, how funny Vatsy & Holly! This throwback round didn't have a lot of excitement in the selections but still worth the 3 shots for the 25 stars IMO
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats