Options

KK:H Weekday Event 10/9/2017 - Kimtober Kontinues - That's Right!

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    I am so psyched for the event, and the update. But the event, the weekday Vip events confuse me. There will be no items in my GB paletres, so for me, SoundsPretty's idea of buying TBs, might work for me. I can it see myself doing a Vip to get boxes of cash, but I know I want TBs, and I ALWAYS spend top much when an update haopens. Oh that reminds me, I need to buy 2 more of the cats, the Giants the cats. The Hippie was CapeTown.....where did the new cat come from? It's too early for my brain to be acting up. Lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Koakuma wrote: »
    If they're going to make us spend 300 k-stars just to get 2 black boxes and a gold box then get to 500 for the actual throwback box then that's just completely and absolutely horrible

I thought it was horrible the last time they did VIP during the week. Opening boxes and getting kash was infuriating.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I keep seeing requests for new items added to TB boxes, and that's fine for those players that purchase many extra boxes and end up with all the prizes ... but for the average players adding new items pretty much guarantees that we will NEVER get to the great prizes like hairstyles :( Before the last new items were added I was FINALLY getting a hairstyle in my boxes once in a while and then new items were added and I went back to winning jewelry and shoes :rolleyes: I still haven't gotten a hairstyle in my TB box for weeks! Just a comment from the other side.

BTW, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my fellow Canadians that are celebrating this weekend :D
  • Options
    tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    I couldn't agree more SugarK, my boxes are only just starting to get good again after the last set of new items was added, it'd definitely be back to square one with accessories etc. for me, too, if they added more again!
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Happy Thanksgiving to you Sugar and to all other Canadians of the forum!:)

And yeah my sweet friend, I die everytime they update the TB boxes items.

These days is easier to feel happy to open black/gold boxes than TB, cause the odds of getting stars is so much higher than any chance of pick a box which contains a valuable item.

That's why I defend till death, the inclusion of wardrobe sales that bring previous event items. People who wants all items can rely on the boxes, while those who are seeking for specifcs will go for the sale.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I thought it was horrible the last time they did VIP during the week. Opening boxes and getting kash was infuriating.

It was horrible and came with many many unhappy players. I'm hoping, since Kalindas clue sounded like it had a twist, that it's different this week.

Sugar, I am in the same boat. I was completely thrown back into accessoryland last time they added a hoard of new stuff.

Vats, I live for the TB item sales. I don't mind paying a lot for items I've longed for. I usually buy 3-4 items per sale, and at this point I think it's smart for Glu because people aren't going to jump in and purchase tons of boxes every week.
  • Options
    Happy Happy Thanksgiving to Sugar and all our Canadian Dolls.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KKHJeremyyKKHJeremyy Registered Users 78 Posts
    HAPPY THANKGIVING Canadian kkh players :)
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Yes SugarK I totally agree with you! I don't have all the tb items and in my pallettes I see more accessories and shoes, I never see an hairstyles and I have a lot of them left to win! The only one that sometimes I see is the one with the pirate hat from an Halloween event, which I don't like a lot.
    I'd really like more a tb sale with the midweek event, so I can choose the items that I want and I spend my kstars for sure!
    I always got excited when they put the tb sale in the past and I bought a few items :(
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I haven’t had TB boxes for a while now and it’s sad to not have that option. I supposed it wouldn’t be as frustrating if Glu gave us the 60gc it cost to buy a TB box so it would feel like the prizes were equivalent. Unfortunately we only get 20gc.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I haven’t had TB boxes for a while now and it’s sad to not have that option. I supposed it wouldn’t be as frustrating if Glu gave us the 60gc it cost to buy a TB box so it would feel like the prizes were equivalent. Unfortunately we only get 20gc.
    Totally agree, the amount of K-stars we should get instead of a Throwback box should 60, 20 is just a slap in the face.
    I have not had a Throwback box for two updates, so it's time Glu adds new items.

But I understand the frustration amongst players that do not own all items. Glu should not keep all the hairstyles in the final boxes, but mix it up to make it more fair for all players.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    giphy.gif
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    The VIP event has officially started! But I'm resolved not to spend any K stars until the update, I want to get a chance to splurge on the new items before I go crazy with everything else I want, too. Ugh the anticipation is killing me! To save time, I guess I'll keep grinding in the meantime so I don't feel guilty when I finally splurge :rolleyes:
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • Options
    AListJacey wrote: »
    The VIP event has officially started! But I'm resolved not to spend any K stars until the update, I want to get a chance to splurge on the new items before I go crazy with everything else I want, too. Ugh the anticipation is killing me! To save time, I guess I'll keep grinding in the meantime so I don't feel guilty when I finally splurge :rolleyes:
    My thoughts exactly! I am going to buy one dress from the Masterson pop-up shop before it gets replace with the Halloween pop-up shop and then when the update hits I will spend the rest on (hopefully) Halloween items!!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    Opened like 10 tb boxes and got all shoes and purses and the Halloween hair.. blah! It sucked all I want were clothes and hairstyle but of course my palettes were filled with accessories!
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
  • Options
    Ouch. T boxes of shoes. I love shoes, and I'd be bummed. I'm sitting on my hands. No even opening my games yet. I was sick last night, I spent the night with the heating pad and a pillow. Baba spent the weekend at Comicon. He said security was increased over the past years. Metal detector, x ray, tighter than the airlines, probably for all the extreme costuming.last year there was a corner table full of confiscated accessories, (Space creatures need their Lasers) this weekend it looked like an armory, I guess things that were let through previous years were under tighter scrutiny. Sad to say, but after Vegas, I think NY comicon was one of the safest places to be in the city. I was thinking about doing a half costume and then last week happened so he went in the street clothes.

Ok, did I ramble long enough? Is the update here yet? Lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    I think they should change the way of tb boxes! The palette should always be 2 hairstyle 2 clothes items 2 shoes and 2 accessories items varying from purses to bracelets earrings etc. that way people are prone to buy more boxes and even if not there is a better chance to end up picking something different than the usual accessories!! In K&k the tb boxes are almost always 3-3-3 ( 3 hair 3 clothes 3 accessories )and that’s why I own them all! Cause I bought so many chasing hairstyle and clothes just cause I knew I had a 50% chance To pick it! But here it kinda of not make me want to pick any cause there are always the ugliest thing in it
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Just want to clarify that it has a VIP theme, but in terms of rewards, it will work like a 5-Star Throwback Event.

So since this is a straight up VIP TB like we've had, what does the second half of this mean?

This type of event got such negative feedback. I don't understand why it's still a thing.
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    I just opened a TB box because Im not spending 300/500 Kstars to reach one. I think I did very well with the TB. My black box had Kash and my gold box was a partnership tiles.

E6yApgF.png
    TYSlhEs.jpg
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I appreciate having a VIP midweek during update week. Especially this time of year, if we are getting Halloween outfits, we don't have to wait for 4 weeks to get them.

Dramax3, that's a great pick. Congrats!

Have a great day, Dolls!
    IMG_0228.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I just opened a TB box because Im not spending 300/500 Kstars to reach one. I think I did very well with the TB. My black box had Kash and my gold box was a partnership tiles.

E6yApgF.png
    TYSlhEs.jpg

OMG that is luck! Your doll looks gorgeous, Drama.

I know I won't have that kind of luck, so no TB boxes for me. I appreciate the opportunity to earn stars this week, otherwise, not so into this weekday event.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    Dramax3, that dress is gorgeous, congrats!!

I ended up not buying the white dress from the pop-up store, but decided to wait and see what the update brings.

giphy.gif
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    I also bought just one TB box and I got shoes
    ThL6CLx.png
    It's ok. I don't hate them.
    And this was the black box, not a lot of variety. Are kstars even being offered in them anymore?
    9uOPGvM.png
    And the gold box at least had some items in it but I also got energy
    oEHJZy8.png
    Like, god**** it you guys. I have so many pets. I don't need no freaking energy
    At least all this energy allowed me to finish all of my business appearances for the day already
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Thanks guys I must say I was over the moon to get this fab dress!! I need to grind this week and replenish my Kstars I spend so so many over the last month.
  • Options
    Gorgeous dress. I don't know what to do.....buy things I didn't buy last week, or buy tb boxes ?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Oh, remember when there was the TB sale...2nd box less, third box, 4th box and 5th box....I loved that one. And that's a great tip Soundspretty.

I do remember that! Still dreaming of it, to be honest.... and for anyone wondering and too lazy to do the math - it's a better deal to open boxes during that type of promotion than to open boxes for 500KStars and getting two bonus boxes.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    Ih, I don't know what go buy. All our sale things are gone. Ooh, I hope a few old vip items get kicked down to the general wardrobe for purchase. I've never not started an event by this time. Very antsy. I'm akdo waiting for the Columbus Day Parade to start I watch it on tv, I love a parade and I'm very grateful the new world was discovered. Here it is as depicted by Salado Dali. " Columbus discovering the new world"
    the-discovery-of-america-by-christopher-columbus-1959.jpg

HAPPY Columbus Day
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Thanks to this vip midweek event and the vip sale, I bought this dress that I really like
    KKH_Screenshot_1507568374475.jpg

And so I got the point for the black box in which I got cash.. too bad cause there were also kstars and that black choker that I want also!
    20171009_190520.png
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    Koko! I think your best bet is to just save those stars for the new update and who knows maybe something might catch your eye in the new Pop-Up shop! (and like you said some new vip clothes will be off tagged soon) :)
  • Options
    When there are items in hold boxes that I don’t have, why did I just spend 30 stars to get this palette?
    1425_FE2_A-604_F-423_C-_BB00-7_DC83364_A062.jpg

How is this different from the palettes I get daily?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary