Options

(WWW) As in real life!/ Dress up your Doll as You!

Comments

• Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Thanks Sassi! I've noticed that my doll and I have naturally glowing skin.

I used to have acne prone during my teenage years. My skin was a combination of oily & dry. I tried to use commercial products and I even made an appointment to see a dermatologist to provide me with an acne treatment, but that that never worked. When I reached into my adulthood, I've decided to take matter into my own hands. I did research to see if there was any natural home remedies that I could try and I came across oatmeal.

So I've been constantly making my own homemade oatmeal facial masks and never looked back ever since. I only exfoliate once a week. I use a oil free moisturizer to balance out the oiliness on my face. Oh I changed my diet and I drink only water now. I was taking hair, skin, & nail vitamins and now I'm taking a break from it lol

I'm still trying to find the best one that I can take because I saw a major improvement on my nails & skin. The vitamins helped my hair to look healthier but I've haven't noticed any difference with hair growth since I cut my hair.

Ohh, I still have problems with my skin and acne at the age of 27! I'm sick and tired of dermatologists, treatments, products. When I was younger my acne prone skin was very big deal for me and I was very insecure because of it. But I grew up and somehow accepted it and of course make up helped with covering.. But I'm still dreaming for the day when I wake up and my face is crystal clear lol

Please PM me the homemade mask, oatmeal is very healthy, I am willing to try :)

Sorry guys for off topic, carry on :p
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Thanks Amy!☺

I've always been insecure about my physical appearance ever since I can remember. But I'm learning to love myself each & everyday. It's not an easy thing. I see it as one of my biggest challenge and it's such a working progress.

Aww I can sympathise with you on that, I used to get teased so much for my height in school and only came out of my shell during university. Your confidence grows once you accept yourself. You're cute and so funny Carol, your humour always make me laugh. Don't put yourself down, you're fab :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »

Sassy, heh I'm not Japanese tho. I don't look like I'm from my own country, people used to think I was mixed - Eurasian, and a period of time I looked Korean. Oh btw, I like your real name, unique!

Not Japanese only, but Asian women in general :) I think I read somewhere here you said you were Asian? :)
    And about the name - trust me its unique even in my birth country hahhahaha

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

Carol, oatmeal for real? Glad something helped, and definitely cheaper right! I can't use any types of skincare products or cosmetics because I have super duper sensitive skin. I'm still in the process of hunting down the right one for me! Oh btw, be confident! :o

I have sensitive skin too. I think that's why commercial products never worked for me. Homemade remedies are 10× better because I saw results and it worked for me. I know that there are more homemade remedies out there but you should try to see what works best for you since everyone's skin type is different.

Oh thanks for the helpful tip Nai! I'll try it more often.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Not Japanese only, but Asian women in general :) I think I read somewhere here you said you were Asian? :)
    And about the name - trust me its unique even in my birth country hahhahaha

Yep I'm Asian. I think because we Asians have very fine hair so they tend to look much softer.

I love unique names, my name is unique in my own country too (and probably everywhere else). Did you get teased a lot about it? I'm actually thinking how to pronounce it, it's tough.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Yep I'm Asian. I think because we Asians have very fine hair so they tend to look much softer.

I love unique names, my name is unique in my own country too (and probably everywhere else). Did you get teased a lot about it? I'm actually thinking how to pronounce it, it's tough.

Hahaha actually yes, and I still get teased and asked what kind of name is that and how is pronounced lol because Elisaveta is a common name in my region but Saveta no. And there are people who used to call me Save. Which is funny in English.

And **** me, but I don't know how to explain how to pronounce it lol in my language it it pronounced as written. But I can't seem to find the right trancription symbols in eng to try and write it.

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Ohh, I still have problems with my skin and acne at the age of 27! I'm sick and tired of dermatologists, treatments, products. When I was younger my acne prone skin was very big deal for me and I was very insecure because of it. But I grew up and somehow accepted it and of course make up helped with covering.. But I'm still dreaming for the day when I wake up and my face is crystal clear lol
    Same here. I've been using makeup for ages and I've become pretty good at applying makeup over the last years.

I've always had problem with acne. What really helps is the Effaclar series by La Roche-Posay. I know that you can get it I. Most European countries and the US aswell. :)
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I don't know but it seems like Savita, a very famous Indian name and common here as well. Sorry if I mixed up your name with a totally different one. :p
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Charli wrote: »
    I don't know but it seems like Savita, a very famous Indian name and common here as well. Sorry if I mixed up your name with a totally different one. :p

It's similar - SAvEtA - the E is pronounced as the E in "bed" and the two A similar as in "about"

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Sassy, I have Slavic roots, too. My name is Zoya, which is Russian, but the diminutive/nickname is Zoyechka, which is Zoë in Greek. All versions of Zoë mean "life".
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Yesss! My friend's name is Zoya. And it's a Persian word, meaning life. :)

• Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Charli wrote: »
    Yesss! My friend's name is Zoya. And it's a Persian word, meaning life. :)
    Yay! Off topic but slightly on... i just found out that the Urdu/Hindi word "jaan" is the same as the Armenian (the Kardashians are Armenian) word "jaan". Pronounced the same way, too. I guess it means beloved or darling? In Japanese, adding "chan" to any name, especially if it's a female means love. Sort of like Emiko-Chan.

In Hawaiian, Filipino, Indonesian, Malay, and Samoan, the word for five is "Lima". It's so strange how so interconnected we are as people.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Lol this reminds me of my Urdu classes. So one day our teacher wrote Jaan on the board, and asked for the English translation. And we all were like "whaaaa ...?" Then after like an hour he told us the actual answer: Darling. :D I came up with sweetie, close call. But yeah it was a fun day!

• Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    When I lived in Germany as a teenager I attended a local school for a semester before transferring to the American school. In English class one day the teacher asked us to name famous "bobbies." While he was referring to police officers, one of my classmates yelled out "Ewing!" I lost it.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Since the holiday season is almost upon us, here is Dixie dressed as Holly in December. My birthday is in December and my name is Holly so I always receive a lot of Christmas "stuff." I own so many Christmas sweaters, holiday sweatshirts, and Christmas long sleeved shirts that I can wear a different one every day of December. I finally had to forbid people from giving me "Christmas ****" but it still happens.

D5AAC617-61AC-426A-9E8E-FC7BF8BFD64D_zps1caf5lwxjpg

Edited 11/2018 to include picture I used 

Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    When I lived in Germany as a teenager I attended a local school for a semester before transferring to the American school. In English class one day the teacher asked us to name famous "bobbies." While he was referring to police officers, one of my classmates yelled out "Ewing!" I lost it.

Ha! :) (For those born after the internet came about, that's a character on the Tv show "Dallas.")

Were you a 'military brat?' Had family who lived in Germany on a post.

(PS, loving the language discussion, guys! those are all beautiful words/names, too)
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts

Please PM me the homemade mask, oatmeal is very healthy, I am willing to try :)

It works best for thicker, combination (oily/dry/normal all three) skin. Delicate or sensitive skin, the (real) oatmeal mask is very hard to scrub off of your face and tends to pull at the skin. Just fwiw.

For delicate skin, mashed avocado might work better. But, natural things are great for skin...some people like a drop of lemon juice in water for an astringent for instance.
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    It works best for thicker, combination (oily/dry/normal all three) skin. Delicate or sensitive skin, the (real) oatmeal mask is very hard to scrub off of your face and tends to pull at the skin. Just fwiw.

For delicate skin, mashed avocado might work better. But, natural things are great for skin...some people like a drop of lemon juice in water for an astringent for instance.

I've tried all different kinds of oatmeal facial masks before just by experimenting.

I think that I've always stick to using old fashioned oats or instant oatmeal. But when it's cooked, it's softer especially when you add honey to the face mask. I've personally tried that facial mask before and it was definitely the best! There are several different oatmeal facial masks for oily skin too.

I've also tried uncooked oats when I made my own facial masks. When it makes your face feel tight, then you know that it's working right. 👍
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Ha! :) (For those born after the internet came about, that's a character on the Tv show "Dallas.")

Were you a 'military brat?' Had family who lived in Germany on a post.

(PS, loving the language discussion, guys! those are all beautiful words/names, too)

Dallas was sooo popular in Germany. In the late 80s, the two most popular American shows on German TV were Dallas and Married with Children. Our German neighbor really thought they represented America - you were either rich & beautiful or poor & trashy. We laughed and laughed.
    I was a military brat when I was very young and lived on post in Bavaria in the 70s. When I was a teenager, my stepdad worked with the military and we lived "on the economy" (off post) in Rhineland-Pfalz in the 80s. I spent 7 years living in Germany and then in the 90s, during college, I spent a summer studying in Budapest and another summer Eurrailing all over the Continent. I was very fortunate to have these experiences.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    Sassy, I have Slavic roots, too. My name is Zoya, which is Russian, but the diminutive/nickname is Zoyechka, which is Zoë in Greek. All versions of Zoë mean "life".

Yaaay! I'm always happy when I find other people with Slavic roots on forums :) I thought you were Russian and only because of the nickname :) I have Serbian and Greek descent. I even speak the two languages, Serbian fluently (it's my second language, Macedonian is my first), then comes Bulgarian which I speak on daily basis because I live here, then comes English because I studied English philology, and then at the end comes Greek, which I used to speak fluently, but not anymore unfortunately. Although I still understand almost everything :)
    So yeah, ζωή is life and that is one amazing name! :)

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Yesterday I dressed Dixie In an outfit and, when i finished, I realized that it was the most “me” of anything I’d ever put her in.

I’d love to see your dolls dressed as you dress in real life.

Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    ApricotjamApricotjam Registered Users, Member 69 Posts

At work me, I work at a preschool so it's pretty casual clothes you don't mind getting dirty and I always wear jeans no holes at work. Hair up so it doesn't get goodness know what it in or ripped out. 

Vs

Me at home/out ripped jeans, cleavage and my way hair half up but still in my sneakers. 
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Thanks for bringing this theme back for us @HollySisk I know some members are set to get emails when a thread is udon;t it be great if that brought back one or more previous members back to reconstruct their looks, especially since we have new features and clothes.’
    Here’s a 9.0 version of my doll representing me.

The short black leather jacket is new, and very me.looking through the hair, I picked the same braid look. But heavier eye makeup. That is the casual Koko. I’ll give you a ‘grown up Koko” next.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts

Ok, this is the one from page 1, 2 years ago. Guess I haven’t changed much.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts

Hmm this is the closest I could come up with. I live in flats and am always cold so I usually have some sort of sweater/jacket/cardigan with me. Don't really wear jewelry unless it's a special occasion. Obligatory pic with the maltese because I have a maltipoo in RL.
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Interesting thread!
    This is pretty much me at this time of the year.

I have a khaki romper exactly like that! Unlike my doll I usually wear flats, I'm 1.76 m, so high heels only on special occasions.. 
    I never leave the house without a camera. Always have a camerabag with me. 
    And the phone. Addicted to a certain game..
    And I have a half wildcat named Tiger.
    Android
  • Options
    yeezydashianyeezydashian Registered Users 269 Posts
    Here is my doll and me just like in every single day of my life. I'm 18 and I don't have a job (hi glu!).

• Options
    MerQweenMerQween Registered Users, Banned Users, Member 91 Posts

This is pretty much me! My go to looks are jeans tops and jackets! I loveee denim jackets! Loveee chokers and layered chains! And I’m a flats girl through and through, so if it’s not sneakers it’s flats. My hair is natural and since this game doesn’t really have that I went with the braids because if my hair isn’t out it’s in braids lol which is most of the time! I really like fashion and fashion trends so other than my go to I dress lots of diff ways!
  • Options
    ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    edited June 2018
    This is basically me on the most of the days in my life. :smiley: My style is pretty simple. I wear leather jackets with some plain shirts underneath and some high-waisted jeans. I am a heel type of a girl, black stilettos are my go to. I literally own one pair of sneakers, and it's converse all star high top in beige colour, and they've been the only pair of sneakers I've been buying all my life. I have another pair of some random ones that I wear strictly to the gym. All the other times you would see me in heels, usually stilettos or high heel boots, either knee or ankle length. In the winter, I'd just switch leather jackets with the long coats. For special occasions, I'd add sequins in some form! I'm such a sucker for leather and sequins. This hair is my exact hair in real life. I'm 5.7, slim girl, with boobs slightly smaller than my doll's lol. I usually have a neutral look on my eye and any colour opaque lipstick. I'm a sucker for lipsticks too :smiley:
    I have a black leather back pack in triangular shape, this was the closest that I could find in the wardrobe. And it's a wardrobe picture as I don't own these jeans.
    As for jewelry I have five silver earrings on my right ear and one on my left, and I've been wearing them for the last 10 years xD On special occasion I might put some other ones on, but I usually wouldn't even then. And I used to wear the same 9 silver rings on my fingers, for years as well, until I got engaged and now I wear my engagement rings :smile:

#newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • Options
    RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Hey guys! I’m sure something like this has been posted before, but I thought it would be fun to dress up our dolls as ourselves and share our current approach to getting dressed irl. It’s probably a little more casual (fewer red-carpet photo ops, celeb run-ins, and all of that  ;) ) but that’s cool!

In my personal time, you can usually find me in high-waisted jeans or trousers, black boots, and some type of sporty crop top. I love my collection of rings and cheap sunglasses (always bought from some dime store or mini-market because I forget to bring them with me every time I need them :D ), and I’m one of those people who loves a cross-body fanny pack or backpack in lieu of a purse. Black cat-eye, sheer lipstick, and undone hair is my usual look :smile: