Comments

• Options
    skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    edited January 2019

hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    @Ohemilie I agree to an extent. I suppose many are in that somewhat hypocritical situation however - it is still very possible to only play Kollections with stars you earned through GBs, offers, and videos. That's what I try to do! I win 40 stars in a gift box, I will take a turn on a Kollection. It is hard though. I started a personal boycott on Kollections since September, and even that I broke a couple times to chase things.

Like I said above, I wonder if Glu's technology allows them to actually see if the people buying up all the Kollection items every week are playing a legal game. Because it's not secret that the majority of people I encounter in the "community" on social media are not! They get every Kollection every week because they have unlimited resources, not because they are buying star packs to do it.

I still spend a crapload of real money on this game buying bundles and star packs. Why Glu doesn't do more of these things to monetize is beyond me. These cost real money and not virtual currency.

As for the new SYS, I have never and will never spend money to buy tickets. That whole system is beyond flawed and I won't support it.
    iOS
  • Options
    KimsBestieKimsBestie Registered Users, Member 414 Posts
    AmeliaKKH said:
    Ohemilie said:
    I guess the truth is that people are paying. Maybe paying and complaining but paying nonetheless. Whilst that happens, of course glu will carry on. The kollections are money pits but how many of us still play? We hate them and hate how rigged they are and how rubbish it is to get energy and kash... yet we still all play them. We complain about SYS and having to buy tickets to finish but then people still buy tickets..! I guess what I’m saying is that we either complain and protest by not buying into it all (myself included, god knows how much I’ve spent on this game 😭) or we stop complaining about a system we perpetuate and let happen 
    Agree! Which was it was so painful to cancel my subscription on past updates but yesterday I finally worked out the courage. And I won't spend real money until I see a statement from Glu or a change in directions.
    The only reason why I didn’t cancel my VIP yet is that curiosity got the best of me. I want to know what will happen next. 😂
    🌸 Pink is my colour 🌸
    🌸 iOS player 🌸
    ☁️ 
  • Options
    mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Ooh, I LOVE the earnable coat and boots! The hair my doll won’t be using but it’s nice to see available for those who will.

I also LOVE the giftbox hair, and I think the money outfit is really fun lol. Tacky yes, but in the best way. Plus Kim inspired. 

I 100000% agree this should have been a Christmas kollection. Guess they just figured they should use all those fall items before it gets even later than it was for them 🙃 I want that red dress, and the bundle is really cute, but I don’t have the stars and won’t be buying any so, we’ll see if I feel like trying it once or twice.
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    @soundspretty i don't know if you have it yet, but the new update calendar gigs with Kim are paying out 1 star per gig. That was refreshing to see!
    iOS
  • Options
    VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    I like the earnables a lot, I think the GB items are fun, and my favorite items are in the Kollection. I wish that wasn’t true because I definitely won’t be able to shell out the large number of K-Stars to get the items.

It’s interesting (and alarming) to hear everyone’s speculation about the future for the game. All of these posts and worries have been popping up like crazy, so it would be nice if Glu could come through and make an official statement or at least provide some insight to the clearly worried players of KKH, like myself.

I just began playing this game again this past summer after an extremely long hiatus, and I’ve been having more fun with it than ever. After reading these posts I think it would be nice if we could at least get an answer to this question:

Are weekend events ending?

That is one of the most alarming predictions for me so I hope it isn’t true! And I hope it doesn’t turn into only a limited amount of throwback items every weekend like what happened with KKG.
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    @AliBryant I agree with everything you said. I don't like kollections but I have played a few. Last weekend I chased the silver shoes (which turned out to be NOT silver btw) and they were the second to last item behind the bundle so I just went for it. I would've never spent that many k-stars otherwise. It also seems they'd make more money directly selling the bundled outfits as Fashion Goals or SMC or whatever they're calling it this week. 

If Glu is able to suss out modified games for the SYS then it would be nice for them to do the same so they are unable to access kollections and events as well. 
  • Options
    charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts
    I like the earnables and am thankful they are good quality! The blue boots are beautiful. The GB items are a bit tacky - Kim what were you thinking 😂
    usually with kollections I spin once and give up. Never have gone over 2 spins on a Kollection. very disappointed there have never been kash Kollections. I’m disappointed with a lot on this game right now. And it’s almost even more insulting when Kalinda pops in and says “we’re listening” because they are clearly, clearly not! 
  • Options
    Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    I like the earnables. Although, I'm going to be honest here, I don't really like the color of the coat/jacket. Otherwise, the items aren't too bad. Now what I really hate is the Kollections. They used to be fun but I hate how Glu makes it to where you will get kash and energy first. I'd really appreciate it if Glu removed Kash and energy from Kollections. K-stars are hard to come by and it's unfair that they're wasted on kash and energy. Kash and energy are the easiest things to obtain in this game. Please remove them from Kollections, Glu.
  • Options
    AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @AliBryant I agree with everything you said. I don't like kollections but I have played a few. Last weekend I chased the silver shoes (which turned out to be NOT silver btw) and they were the second to last item behind the bundle so I just went for it. I would've never spent that many k-stars otherwise. It also seems they'd make more money directly selling the bundled outfits as Fashion Goals or SMC or whatever they're calling it this week. 

If Glu is able to suss out modified games for the SYS then it would be nice for them to do the same so they are unable to access kollections and events as well. 
    Except while they dont get the event, yet they get all the items from said event anyway so I've lost hope this will ever be resolved. 
  • Options
    charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts

Except while they dont get the event, yet they get all the items from said event anyway so I've lost hope this will ever be resolved. 
    And the events are all boring and terrible anyway so who cares about that 😂
  • Options
    judithkkh said:
    i loved Kollections when they first started, got a few the moment i could and have been completing some of the old ones i've always wanted but honestly i haven't been getting any of the new ones and will not be getting them unless i LOVE the items, spending 500-600+ stars (this is also an issue, they're incredibly expensive) on one sit because we want all of the items is truly unfair
    if you want to change the game and increase the prices of everything then gives us at least a chance to get more K-stars, more businesses, a bigger payout (!!!) on the ones we have, K-stars sales, there's tons of options and ways this game could be fixed (we've stated a lot of solutions to problems we, as customers and people that play the game, have) but somehow it still feels like our words mean nothing
    i hope the game isn't going towards this way because it would be sad to see such a fun game start losing people because of how expensive and impossible to play it will be
    not to mention a game shouldn't be stressful at all, i know we have the option to pass on things but when you start on passing on everything because of how expensive the items are i believe it's not a personal issue anymore
    Omg yes!! I wish k-stars were easier to come by. I used to be able to watch videos to get free k-stars, but after making a small in-app purchase (and after waiting a few months to actually earn free k-stars again), the button wouldn't work. Every time I'd tap on it, it would just bounce back. So lame. And when I brought it up to Glu, they just said, "Sorry. Some players get free k-stars and others don't. A 3rd party offers those rewards and we can't do anything about it." 
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    AmeliaKKH said:
    @Johana To me this SYS makes sense because it resembles the Covet Fashion format. I mean, none of other Glu Games have as much media attention as KKH, however, the others are doing better financially. Also, I've heard people actually saying they prefer Kollections to weekend events. If we don't have fun storylines or nothing new to do in events. Only the same, done, repeat that we've had for the past years, it makes lots of sense. 
     Actually, this makes no sense at all. I would invest in and play the other game then if I want that format. We love KKH because it is unique and inspired by Kim. If Glu is going to turn KKH into a clone of another game then it really isn’t worth playing anymore. JMO.
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    As for the new SYS, I have never and will never spend money to buy tickets. That whole system is beyond flawed and I won't support it.

100% THIS!
  • Options
    EllaCharlotteEllaCharlotte Registered Users, Member 453 Posts
    I quite like the earnables for this event. And the GB outfit too, though I won't chase it. I think lots of others have said what I think about the Kollection - love the red dress, but I refuse to spend any more money on this clearly rigged feature.

I only started playing KKH last year, and only posting here a few weeks, but I feel the same as what a lot of others have said; stop trying to squeeze every penny from people by putting all the good stuff in Kollections! Glu, you can give people more of an incentive to spend by investing in the storylines and the updates.

And for the love of god Glu, LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS! The attitude from Glu by failing to acknowledge or respond to any of these perfectly valid and legit comments and concerns is what makes me hate the game the most right now!
    Daily Android player
    A+++
    https://www.facebook.com/ellacharlotte.kkh.5 - add me! 
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • Options
    KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Horrible items once again. Another weekend I will sit out. GLU is not listening to the players at all theese days, its almost disrespectful.... I had hopes for the update but it was the worst so far. Player of 5 years ++ and Im seriously considering letting this game go. Its just taking my money, giving shit back, sorry not sorry

like where is our christmas gift??? If they dont do anything soon (lower the prices) this game will flop
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • Options
    Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
    Another weekend another joke. I do love the money outfit though! I loved that when I saw it on Kim but I refuse to chase in 2019 😂
  • Options
    Let’s break down a few things, shall we? 
    To get all GB items, plus two Kollections every week is about 1300 k-stars. Give or take. Let’s say the biggest pack of k-stars. That’s 99,99 $ per week. Which is almost 400$ per month. When my friend heard how much I have spent last month on a game, she almost fell of the chair... Is Glu targeting the game to people who can afford to drop money like crazy? Because it’s not. And let’s take into consideration the gold VIP subscription which is one of the most expensive monthy subscriptions I have ever seen. And for what? Not much. And did KKH turn into Ebay? With the new Trendsetter? 
    Let’s look at the facts. Why was KKH more successful in the past? No Kollections, cheaper houses, cheaper items, super fun storylines and enjoyable events. They took all of that and threw it out the window.
    I will have to agree with every one of you! But especially on that, that we are complaining about a system we support. I hate Kollections... But I just looked at my purchase history to see how much money I have spent for them. NO MORE. I am stopping. VIP subscription? CANCELED. 
    I am so exited! I will have 50 $ to spend every month on me. YAY. 
    Glu is crashing... So I am rescuing myself. 
    I feel like the ONLY way to get Glu to start listening to us is if everybody stops spending their hard earned money on this game. It's so obvious that they don't care about player feedback. They just need your $$$$ to get out of the red. 
  • Options
    stirfryedshanastirfryedshana Registered Users, Member 418 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Really over all the good items being only in kollections now.

I just came back from not playing at all for several days. I was hoping I’d come back to see some improvements but if anything it’s going downhill fast.
  • Options
    kristiazdkristiazd Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    @melissakkh I agree with your post above. I have only been playing for about 9 months so I don’t have a frame of reference for the way things used to be, but making everything so expensive just fuels hackers. If it was a little more affordable to play, people wouldn’t feel as much of a need to hack. If people felt they were getting their real-life money’s worth, they would be less likely to hack. It’s so simple. 
  • Options
    KKH_RavenKKH_Raven Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    @KalindaKing could this smc please make a comeback this weekend? 
  • Options
    VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    @KKH_Raven YES that’s one of the ones I want the most!
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
  • Options
    ValerieGrayValerieGray Registered Users, Member 685 Posts
    I've spent a total of $5 on this game for k stars and it was during the Black Friday sale, I've never completed a Kollection( I think I've only got like a total of 5 things from different ones), I've never finished an event(which is extremely embarrassing to say on a forum with such experienced players. Your closets are drool worthy) and I have so many incomplete tasks it's ridiculous. But for me this game is still an adventure. It's still fun and I look forward to seeing everybody's reactions to the new events. But lately coming onto the forum hasn't been as fun. Trust me, I know that it's frustrating when it feels like somebody isn't listen, especially when they won't tell you why. But Glu is a company and I don't doubt that they have their reasons for things. So I think it's important to stay positive and to remember to still have fun as best as you can. One day everybody's going to look back on this and laugh at how much we stressed over this game. I agree that it's a little scary to see all this happening because it makes you wonder if the game is losing support and we all obviously still love the game. But remember all of the good times the game had! All the gorgeous clothes and hair and items! The fun engaging storylines! Cassio! 😂 I know that most of you have probably stopped reading by now and I apologize for  the ridiculously long post. To you I may just seen like an annoying young girl who doesn't know anything but I really do care about this game and it's future. More importantly though I care about you guys and the community. Lately the internet has been extremely negative and it's seeping into the forum. Wade Boggs once said "a positive attitude causes a chain reactions of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results" .
    I play on Amazon kindle!
  • Options
    KKHGaiaKKHGaia Registered Users, Member 72 Posts
    love the shmoney outfit but ughhhhhh why did they put the matching hair in a Kollection bundle!!! D-: they know damn well were gonna chase that. what a tactic. the items this weekend is v cute tho, thanks for that!