Since Glu seems intent on making a profit on this game, and since it's impossible to be competitive without playing non-stop or spending a ton of money, how about a subscription-based model instead of a single-pay model? I'm thinking a price point of something like $.99/month or maybe even as high as $1.99/month. The benefits a subscriber would get:
1) Increased daily rewards: instead of coins, they get Glu Credit.
2) Increased drop rate: double the drop rate of Glu Credits and prizes.
3) Increase probability of getting a Champion Ally when completing the Daily Challenge.
4) More daily challenges.
5) More waves.
6) Ability to exchange coins for Glu Credits.
This would do several things:
1) Potentially increase profits: there would likely be a higher number of subscribing players that would subscribe over a longer period of time.
2) It would extend the playability of the game, extending profitability in the long-run. Right now, the game is uninteresting for non-paying players and it loses its appeal real quickly.
3) Cut down the extreme over power of the paying players, retaining more non-paying players and possibly increasing subscribers.
4) Possibly cut down on the number of cheaters. Not necessarily so, but possibly.
5) Other benefits?