Options

Masahiro Tanaka

13Next

Comments

• Options
    NoGameNoLife24NoGameNoLife24 Registered Users 22 Posts
    I hear you Amused, I would probably drop him too if I had better options haha
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    solarmen wrote: »
    So jealous. The best player I got from the past 10 #1 draft was a 4* ****ty player that I don't even remember his name.

Hey Solermen,

I just knocked off Legends in a tough 6 game series. For the first time in what seems ages, I got a great #1 Draft Pick, Cueto!

Now 2 of my 5 starters (Tanaka & Cueto) were obtained via a free #1 draft pick.

I guess it's like playing the lottery, you only need one to win.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Cueto is probably the best pitcher against both humans and CPU. Good get Lawman.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    Good for you Lawman. I've not drafted any 5* player since October. I end up not using drafts anymore (i have quite a few unused #1 from beating Legends). The only motivation to beat the Legends is to get 500 gold and use it in tournaments.

BTW, I just got Sale and had him for 27 games. This dude may be the real ace I have been waiting for. 27 GS, 24 QS, 2.10 ERA. He only had one game against Legends though, giving up 4 runs in 6 innings, which is not bad.
  • Options
    Solar

I told Amused long ago, hands down Sale is the hardest pitcher to hit in this game. He is a true ace!! Outstanding!!!
  • Options
    Amused you are so right, Cueto always gives me trouble. You should know!
  • Options
    Yea, I have Cueto and Sale as my 1 and 2. Sale is what a good lefty should be. Kershaw should be similar if not harder. Lots more breaking stuff. Got Tanaka recently and he's had quite the start as he did for you Lawman. Era under 2. How is your Tanaka after all the innings he's faced. And... The only pitcher left out there I would keep is Felix. Tanaka vs Felix. Who has better numbers for you guys?
  • Options
    Felix is solid, ERA right at 3 after 150 games. Pretty reliable against Legends as well.

I got Jose Fernandez last night, and in three games against weak teams, his ERA is 5.5...

I don't have Tanaka or Cueto, hopefully they show up soon in tournaments.
  • Options
    MackDaddyMikeMackDaddyMike Registered Users 45 Posts
    I recently picked up Sale and he's primarily played in bonus games for me. And he usually gets absolutely destroyed by the computer. He's 5-6 with an ERA of 4.86 over 14 games. Very common for him to give up 4+ run innings.

However when I played him during the legends playoffs, he was very difficult to hit. Still beat him though.
  • Options
    Felix Hernandez is tough too, Jose Fernandez not so much.

MackDaddy, I'm surprised about Sale as he is really tough to hit. Baseball is a game of averages, his ERA will drop and level off at some point. Computer vs Human can have very different results. Sometimes no rhyme or reason to it.

Amused, I primarily pitch Tanaka against Legends and he has done great. His last two starts against them, he shut them out for 6 innings and held them to 2 runs in his last 6 inning stint. His ERA is a tad under 3.00. As I told you recently, I am slightly above .500 against Legends now, with 19 series wins. I can tell you this, Darvish absolutely gets murdered by Legends, even though he is right handed. He gave up 11 runs in 2 innings last time I pitched him against them. Just pathetic!!!
  • Options
    QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    It's interesting to see the results different teams have with the same player. I have had Sale for 245 starts, ERA 3.21, 169-25 record. What is funny, his stats show he started 245 games but has played in 246. What did he do, pinch run in an extra inning game? His stats are between 2 others mentioned above, might mean that is what he will level out to, +/-.

Fernandez has actually been better for me, 223 starts, ERA 2.79, 169-8 record.

Against Legends, I just go with my rotation and don't ice anyone. Sale, Strasburg, Bumgarner, Fernandez and Price. I have won 5 Legends series in a row this way (only one going to 7 games). Don't ask me how, just luck I guess.
  • Options
    QLDorigin wrote: »
    It's interesting to see the results different teams have with the same player. I have had Sale for 245 starts, ERA 3.21, 169-25 record. What is funny, his stats show he started 245 games but has played in 246. What did he do, pinch run in an extra inning game? His stats are between 2 others mentioned above, might mean that is what he will level out to, +/-.

Against Legends, I just go with my rotation and don't ice anyone. Sale, Strasburg, Bumgarner, Fernandez and Price. I have won 5 Legends series in a row this way (only one going to 7 games). Don't ask me how, just luck I guess.

For me Sale 216 games 2.63 era .234 BA 1.03 whip. 172-10
    And Fernandez 541 games 2.83 era .234 BA 1.12 whip 385-38
  • Options
    yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    QLDorigin wrote: »

i'm curious, how has bumgarner done for you? have you noticed a difference between his performance against humans and computer?
  • Options
    So what's the consensus... If I had to keep 2 of 3 starters. Which two. Felix Hernandez, Jose Fernandez, and Masahiro Tanaka. Your advice much appreciated.
  • Options
    yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    So what's the consensus... If I had to keep 2 of 3 starters. Which two. Felix Hernandez, Jose Fernandez, and Masahiro Tanaka. Your advice much appreciated.

i can only say personally, i hit tanaka the best out of those 3.
  • Options
    QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    i'm curious, how has bumgarner done for you? have you noticed a difference between his performance against humans and computer?
    Bumgarner, have had the longest= 261-62 in 419 starts, 3.37 ERA .273 BAA, 1.19 WHIP.

Being a lefty, he does not do especially well against the legends, but I don't have the exact stats.
  • Options
    Amused_79 wrote: »

Why not try them out? Give each one a few hundred games. I get bored with the same roster, so I try out different lineup/rotation all the time.
  • Options
    Not a bad idea solermen. Just have to get Felix first. Lol. Any day now I know it!!