Options

Event Royale Today??

Comments

• Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    We've ran into a few hiccups, but we hear you guys loud and clear. This is something new we want to try out and see how people treat it. We have a lot of flexibility with this mode and think this is something we'll be able to constantly keep fresh depending on where we put bonuses.

Thanks!
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    edited August 2018

We've ran into a few hiccups, but we hear you guys loud and clear. This is something new we want to try out and see how people treat it. We have a lot of flexibility with this mode and think this is something we'll be able to constantly keep fresh depending on where we put bonuses.

Thanks!

Hi @[TSB] blueleopard, the general feedback I am hearing from my club, facebook, and the forums is that people absolutely LOVE the Event Royale. GLU knocked it out of the park with this one. The vast majority of people seem to feel it would be a great replacement for the weekend event. Kudos to the GLU team for a job well done!
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    gdc23 said:

You can't have this event for the weekend. Think about it. In 12 hours, Ive seen people cycle slugfest 8 times (I am sure there are higher). Give someone 72h on slugfest = gazillion prime xp. Glu would not stand for that.

Also, once you exhaust WOH and Slugfest, you are back to tapping on prime events anyway.

Sounds good in theory, but doesn't mean much. Glu is just repackaging the shit into a different pile.

@gdc23 How about just make it a Sunday? Start at noon EDT. I get your points re SlugFest and WoH. I just would like to do this without the distractions of work. I HATE when work gets in the way of TSB. I can only fake so many bathroom breaks.

• Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    edited August 2018
    The concept of the event as a whole is just fine. It gives those who do not have the ability to cycle slugfest the chance to contribute to their club. Also, if you all follow suit and make former weekend bonus players “super bonus” guys for the Royale that gives incentive to go after those boxes in the weekend. Job well done. 
  • Options
    Also, hoping El Mago and Showtime are bonus guys tomorrow since they’ve used nickname players all week!
  • Options
    gdc23gdc23 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts

gdc23 said:

You can't have this event for the weekend. Think about it. In 12 hours, Ive seen people cycle slugfest 8 times (I am sure there are higher). Give someone 72h on slugfest = gazillion prime xp. Glu would not stand for that.

Also, once you exhaust WOH and Slugfest, you are back to tapping on prime events anyway.

Sounds good in theory, but doesn't mean much. Glu is just repackaging the shit into a different pile.

@gdc23 How about just make it a Sunday? Start at noon EDT. I get your points re SlugFest and WoH. I just would like to do this without the distractions of work. I HATE when work gets in the way of TSB. I can only fake so many bathroom breaks.

yea, i understand Wednesday is an awkward time for it. I think putting it on Sunday is a good idea as more people would be able to take advantage. I propose slashing Thursday's bonus game day (which imo is the worst day for Tap) and do the Thurs-Fri-Sat for the traditional "weekend event".
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Personally, I don't want a 3 day prime event at all anymore, Tuesday is enough. Otherwise, someone will come up with a good compromise here I'm sure... lots of positive suggestions coming in, so, it would seem people are happy with the concept at least.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    jabber83jabber83 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    Although there is much going on with this event, it is highly enjoyable. My club members register d points in every event and then focused on their own specialty to keep the points coming in. I'm a bonus game guy, but WOH is growing on me. My team isn't well enough suited to get past level 4 of WOH, but I can put up solid numbers. Good job to GLU for opening up some madness and allowing clubs to play.
  • Options
    marela520marela520 Registered Users 65 Posts
    I love Event Royale. I can choose what I do best to contribute to my club. Good job glu. Hope we can have such event everyday.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Have to admit I liked getting a second set of WoH this week got Verlander down on the 5th try, though at 249 overall with 264 stuff was nice to have Soto to use on him.
  • Options
    Just don’t love the boxes coming out at 8pm...
  • Options
    getthesehands108getthesehands108 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    So what’s the deal with the multipliers? 
    I went from 100k to almost 600k after multipliers. Mainly because of walk off
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Level 5 Round 7 in diamond is 334 Overall “Conductor” wowzas 
    I made it to platinum 8 and the jump was ridiculous, 163 severino, 254 conductor, to 293 grienke and unless someone tells me I have no clue what 9, 10 was. I hope that’s not a sign of things to come and was just because the double prize.
  • Options
    jabber83jabber83 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    Have to admit I liked getting a second set of WoH this week got Verlander down on the 5th try, though at 249 overall with 264 stuff was nice to have Soto to use on him.
    Ugh, I get stuck on Bieber. It's rough.
  • Options
    whammo911 said:
    Level 5 Round 7 in diamond is 334 Overall “Conductor” wowzas 
    I made it to platinum 8 and the jump was ridiculous, 163 severino, 254 conductor, to 293 grienke and unless someone tells me I have no clue what 9, 10 was. I hope that’s not a sign of things to come and was just because the double prize.
    I think the Grienkie in diamond was 383 or something insane like that. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Fun event but I made the mistake of trying to cycle WOH as well Slugfest today even though I would have traded Scooter in right away and that probably cost me 2 extra slugfest cycles. Live & learn I guess. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    0-8 against verlander :(
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    OutlanduhOutlanduh Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Only made it to Diaz in walk off. Love this concept and would like it to become the weekend event. Maybe have the prime, tourney and bonus game go on throughout but have WOH And Derby in time slots? Throw in the Sunday VS...a lot to do for a weekend. 
  • Options
    royallyscrewedroyallyscrewed Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    Loved event royale....
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    Got cycles through on slugfest and woh . Scored 4 nickname boxes from woh.... No boomstick . Not justin once and papa frita 3 times . Really wanted boomstick to jam them points out
  • Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts

Thanks!

I don't think you do actually hear us loud and clear.

If you did, you would have a better customer service department that actually responds to users issues in a timely manner with adequate resolutions.

If you did, you'd make events like Walk Off and Slugfest a little more beatable. In Walk Off, you'd get rid of the ridiculous curves that aren't humanly possible to throw or hit. In Slugfest, you'd eliminate the random quick pitches and eephus pitches that throw off timing. Let players actually enjoy those modes without getting randomly screwed.

If you actually heard your users loud and clear, you'd be going out of your way to make up for last weekend's bonus point debacle which has alienated a lot of regular users.

But, hey, keep pretending you're listening. God knows the fanboys here will kiss your ass hoping you'll hit a magic keystroke in their favor.
  • Options
    @miggyrising you didn't get hugged enough as a child did you .
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I was real hype about the event and while I was absolutely drained at the end, it was loads of fun. However, please don't say it's the end of derby as a stand alone event. We need Royale on weekends. Please, make it happen!!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    For my club the multiplier thing really took the wind out of our sails. We were top 10 prior to multipliers and dropped into the 20s after, finishing at 24th. Once we dropped from a 3 Million point lead on 11th to over a 30 million deficit on 10th most guys stopped playing. If this is going to be a regular thing, then it needs some work. You can't have guys busting ass in all possible events using their gold and spending money thinking the club is competing in the top 10 and then pull the rug from beneath them at the end of the day.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Worked out for our club, we were top 10 then finished first cause lots of guys had the woh bonus guy already. So x5 pts was a huge multiplier. They should announce if its random or predetermined in some way tho.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Worked out for our club, we were top 10 then finished first cause lots of guys had the woh bonus guy already. So x5 pts was a huge multiplier. They should announce if its random or predetermined in some way tho.

It's suppose to be random, but it was actually revealed prior. If you hit the refresh icon, it would've showed your new total, with the new bracket. We couldn't see the exact multipliers, but it gave us a good idea. I can only assume that was one of the hiccups that blueleopard referenced.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    I enjoyed it some in my club did not.  That will be the case with anything I believe.  Some just complain to complain.  I as a non slugfest player enjoyed playing all the events and doing what I could to help in all areas.  Just wasn’t lucky with bonus guys.  Had 3 from the weekend but none applied and that just comes with the luck needed or cash needed to score.  Not much else goes into it...
  • Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    nym5fan said:

For my club the multiplier thing really took the wind out of our sails. We were top 10 prior to multipliers and dropped into the 20s after, finishing at 24th. Once we dropped from a 3 Million point lead on 11th to over a 30 million deficit on 10th most guys stopped playing. If this is going to be a regular thing, then it needs some work. You can't have guys busting ass in all possible events using their gold and spending money thinking the club is competing in the top 10 and then pull the rug from beneath them at the end of the day.

I pointed this out early in the event yesterday and was mocked for it.

The best strategy, if the multipliers are to remain mysteries until later in the evening, is for people to not play until the multipliers are revealed. If you decide to play, you shouldn't devote any resources until you know the multiplier. Play the refresh on Sprint. Go as far as you can go on Walk Off and Slugfest without spending gold. Only play the other modes if you have the bonus players for that event.

Don't buy the bonus player boxes. Not only are they horrible deals for bad odds, you have no idea if that 15k per RBI player is going to mean anything until you see the multiplier. It might end up the the Slugfest bonus player will score 25k per homer if that event gets a 5x boost. If you spent all afternoon playing Sprint and racked up 10 million points, you might easily get surpassed by a guy who doesn't even make it through the Slugfest tower twice.

Upon reflection, the event has potential to be okay.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @miggyrising I am sure @spicedaddy30 was just being humorous and didn't intend to mock you. A lot gets lost online when you can't see the expression on the other person's face or the tone of their voice when stating something so don't take it to heart. I've interacted with him on the forums before and he has been professional and the only personal gripe I have with him is in our matches in the app :neutral:

Now on the question of waiting to play that would be a good idea if points is all you are chasing. Yesterday was a no brainer for me and business as usual farming some much sought after prime XP. If the WOH prize had been a catcher or 400+ pitcher I would have cycled that 1st and then gone on to Slugfest. So it's all about what you need to accomplish to help your own team and help the club as well in the progress.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    But but it was funny though lol @miggyrising it's all in good fun. I've gone on my own rants before as well . The game has that effect . Jumping for joy or debating rageing and breaking it all lol