Options

Holy smokers!!! Woh Royale with THE Babe!!!

Comments

• Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts

And 5k legend xp from the other box!!
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Wow
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I may very well have him too and not know about it yet  B) . Few more then I'll get to it.

soundbite
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm finally in the club! Words can't express how happy I am!!! 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    nice @DFBB
    come on @Houmy, stop the suspense already  ;) 
  • Options
    I only had enough legend xp to get Babe to silver 1. Thinking about trading Griffey Sr. (silver 10) for 3600 legend xp. I already have the OF set with Babe (now), Signature JD. Martinez, Jim Edmonds and Bernie Williams as DH.
    So Griffey would be either SUB forever or inactive at some point.
    It is either trading him and using that xp to level Base 1-2 more levels (along with some other remaining legend xp I still have) or keeping Griffey forever in the bench and spend more gold to get legend xp (until I finish the season in like 6 more days). Not sure what to do.
    Any thoughts?
  • Options
    You guys are cleaning up!
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I whined and complained about how I never win all day and then came home and whooped ol’ Scherzer on the first try! Got Ramos though haha.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

Im in as well.  Don’t know how I keep getting legends.  This is as far I can level him right now.  Only pulled Lxp in 2/7 cycles 
  • Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    This only makes me feel shittier sigh.
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    2nd time through, got Correa. My fourth shortstop. Lol! Wanted McGriff. Dang it! Try one more time. 
  • Options
    soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    I can't get any straight pitches from scherzer. Tried altuve, yelich and reddick. Any thoughts on who I should use? All skills besides altuve are at 4-5%
    Reddick (Lhb) - rhp skill 5%, 382 hit
    Yelich (Lhb) - 2 outs skill 4%, 365 hit
    Altuve (Rhb) - late innings 18%, 362 hit
    Trout potm (Rhb) - rhp 4%, 362 hit
  • Options
    Alright here goes nothing 

• Options
    Annnd nada. Got Ramos, Turner and Correa. 15K lxp. Oh well.

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    soxfan said:
    I can't get any straight pitches from scherzer. Tried altuve, yelich and reddick. Any thoughts on who I should use? All skills besides altuve are at 4-5%
    Reddick (Lhb) - rhp skill 5%, 382 hit
    Yelich (Lhb) - 2 outs skill 4%, 365 hit
    Altuve (Rhb) - late innings 18%, 362 hit
    Trout potm (Rhb) - rhp 4%, 362 hit
    I’ve seen a lot of gold teams do it with Yelich.  Not sure if it’s the same in platinum but would think similar 
  • Options
    @Houmy that burned equally to Posada, well ok, more than.... I need new juju
  • Options
    Lol @Sandpipers yeah I really wanted crime dog but wasn't meant to be. Did one more to make it even 10 but no dice on that either. Sid get 95k pxp and 20k lxp though so there is that. And of course the app "ate my quarter" by messing up the video restart every time golf clash played as a video and it would go back to the game after the video but stuck on the loading video screen. Happened 3 times on 5.10 so it probably cost me a good 2 cycles. 

• Options
    The video thing @Houmy and other freezing/crashing really sucks... I was lucky in that it mostly happened early in the level and only one video crash total ... my problem was getting stymied by the severino twins round after round...I had to keep changing batters to get past the skip in the lp lol
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    DFBB said:

And i got Wilson Ramos....
  • Options
    Yeah @Sandpipers 5.9 sevy was much harder than Scherzer for me as well.

• Options
    For me severino in 5.9 was not too hard. I even used a right handed, signature JD, who had the 10% boost for boston players plus his blowout skill at 8% (good for 5.9), coupled with the 5% boost with the free video. He was killing severino mist of the time. 
    Scherzer on the other hand, with his not-too-fast fastball was impossible to me except for the one time i got Babe. 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I cycled 5 times, no McGriff or Ruth...it really was hard to log on here today and see all of you sporting your new shiny Babe Ruths lol. 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @Metsicans 10 cycles here and nothing to show for either. As nice as it would have been to have the Babe for bragging rights alone McGriff is the one I was going for. No way would I spend the XP to max Babe in gold when I could use the same XP to bring two "regular" legends to level 7 or 8. Got signature Correa, which I already had and traded in before, as I already have Banks. Still happy with the 95K PXP & 20K LXP though.

• Options
    @Houmy what you are saying makes some sense but not entirely. You are right that with the same amount of legend xp for Babe you could bring two regular legends to like 6-7 (maybe), but at the end of the day you don't need that many legends to win WOH (as an example) and Babe stats are way above normal for this. For now I could only level him up to Silver 3 and his numbers are pretty close already to Signature Muncy with max 470. I imagine that at silver 10 he would be like 30-40 points (power) above Muncy, so I would be totally set vs right handed pitchers (who knows even some lefties). 
    I know with what you have you always cycle 6-10 times, but I guess with him you would increase 2-3 more maybe?
    Now the fact that you are gold does make things more complicated in terms of legend xp and babe evo needed, that is true. That's why I stayed at silver B)  
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    @Houmy what you are saying makes some sense but not entirely. You are right that with the same amount of legend xp for Babe you could bring two regular legends to like 6-7 (maybe), but at the end of the day you don't need that many legends to win WOH (as an example) and Babe stats are way above normal for this. For now I could only level him up to Silver 3 and his numbers are pretty close already to Signature Muncy with max 470. I imagine that at silver 10 he would be like 30-40 points (power) above Muncy, so I would be totally set vs right handed pitchers (who knows even some lefties). 
    I know with what you have you always cycle 6-10 times, but I guess with him you would increase 2-3 more maybe?
    Now the fact that you are gold does make things more complicated in terms of legend xp and babe evo needed, that is true. That's why I stayed at silver B)  

It still annoys me that people just idle in silver while I'm in gold spending 3x as much on resources (lxp, pxp, blue xp, gold and evo).  But I can't get too annoyed, because people in platinum and diamond probably say the same about me.  Glu's fault, really, for not giving you players that start in your tier. 
  • Options
    @tocopan18 don't get me wrong, I would love to have any of the ATG but as stated I wouldn't spend the XP on them in gold simply because I can't spare any. You are right about WOH but in my case already having Banks (10), Williams (8), Giambi (8) and now Signature Muncy (10), Puig (10) & Martinez (still bronze 1 pending the WS outcome) Babe wouldn't really improve my odds any as the current players I have already outpower the 5.7-5.10 pitchers by a lot as it is.

• Options
    The video thing @Houmy and other freezing/crashing really sucks... I was lucky in that it mostly happened early in the level and only one video crash total ... my problem was getting stymied by the severino twins round after round...I had to keep changing batters to get past the skip in the lp lol
    In credit to GLU CS every time something like this has happened and I opened a ticket for it they did reimburse me the gold lost due to this issue so kudos to them for that and all other times they have come through for me.

• Options
    Metsicans said:
    tocopan18 said:

It still annoys me that people just idle in silver while I'm in gold spending 3x as much on resources (lxp, pxp, blue xp, gold and evo).  But I can't get too annoyed, because people in platinum and diamond probably say the same about me.  Glu's fault, really, for not giving you players that start in your tier. 
    Not sure why are you annoyed because there is nothing wrong with it. There aren't any real incentives for teams to go to gold/platinum/diamond levels, and the drawbacks are huge. Players get way better numbers but at a way higher cost.
    Besides the real advantage of staying silver is cheaper player upgrades, cause yeah, WOH and SlugFest are harder for gold+ teams but also your players have better numbers than silver teams, so it kind of compensate there. In CVC higher teams can potentially get better total points than silver.
    I do agree that draft pick players should start at level 1 of the current team tier (bronze, silver, gold, etc.).
    Realistically, for people that don't want to spend money (or spend little amounts), going to gold/platinum/diamond would be a big mistake because it would be almost impossible to keep up leveling up newly acquired players and such. 
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    did they update the Justin Turner? I pulled him twice and swear he was 340 max!?!? already traded him in. Dammit. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @midnightmarauder The one from WoH is the game changer version. The one today is the prime sig. 

@tocopan18 I think @Metsicans' comments about being annoyed was a bit tongue in cheek. The game is now set up rather well. Gold+ teams have a MUCH easier time in WoH and CvC(assuming you can cap players), but of course, they need a lot more resources than silver/bronze players. Personally, as soon as I'm able to save enough lxp for the Babe and Mantle, I'm going gold. The game centers around WoH and gold is now the new silver; the sweet spot for tsb!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.