Options

WOH thread for 12/17/18

Comments

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    0-11 vs Jansen, have had the score at 6-5 for 8 of those 11 and as soon as I do, the rain of curves arrive. Ryan had been straightforward most of the day but now his curves are out in force. Regardless, I'm 0-11!!!
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    I've been getting curves only on Ryan except for once, then when i got to 4-6 on jansen he went curve crazy
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Tough today - got  3rd cycle with Gallo. Now have 9 xp.boxes and got 9 prime xps..... what's the odds...... smdh
  • Options
    stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    It seems there are more unhittable fastballs that go for pop ups or groundouts. This on top of the inhittable curves. 

Would be be more enjoyable if there were more hittable curves to compensate for the increase in variety of unhittable fastballs. 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m 2-8 vs Jansen today, pulled Ozuna and Bison, though I did get most of the 25M my club needed for 200 gold so that was good at least.  The only upgrades to my team are Gossage but I won’t spend lxp on a relief pitcher and Hank I can’t afford to level really just playing for exp now.
  • Options
    PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    4 times through so far. First 3 went pretty slick . Bf Harper on Jansen . The evening hours things change . What was working no longer does. It becomes very frustrating and an angry grind. The real insult comes with 3 Gurriel and an Ozuna, trash players that no one cycling will ever use. 

Make it tough, but there needs to be a reward,  not garbage .
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    10-14.   6 ozunas, 3 bisons, and a yuli 
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Hi Glu:

Stop jacking up the difficulty late in the day!  It's not subtle!
  • Options
    BobbyFlayBobbyFlay Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    For me, it's the opposite. Early on it's impossible, but later at night it's easy.
  • Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Cycled twice with no restarts the first 2 times through and just burned 3 restarts on jansen with not one pitch to hit. Im done. I cant explain this game sometimes.. pulled ozuna both times and oddly enough all legend xp in boxes so i cant complain.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Started the day 7 for 14 against Jansen,  tonight went 0 for 11.  Thanks GLU.  That seems totally legitimate and not at all suspicious.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Had to use the video restart on Chapman, but Harper was able to take down the last 3 with no issues as long as he had a club batting boost. got the 445 blue XP 3B which was exactly who I wanted as he replaces a 365 guy. Now I only have 1 batter below 360. Beat Ryan with 0 outs and Jansen took 2 outs and hitting 2 sliders. 

• Options
    Started the day 7 for 14 against Jansen,  tonight went 0 for 11.  Thanks GLU.  That seems totally legitimate and not at all suspicious.
     IKR. May as well not play in the evening, save some of my diminishing sanity lol
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Only in Glu fantasy land does a pitcher throw a curveball on every pitch. I typically cycle a few times, but today only once. That was this morning. Ruth even hit a homer off a Jansen curveball twice. Tonight, he just pops them up or hits a grounder. So dumb. Yawn. Anyways, going to watch vids for gold. 
  • Options
    newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:
    @JEDDDOGGY You'll get it man. You're just on the wrong end of the rng variance. 

@fahhq2 Am I missing something with those Yelich screen shots?
    @dfbb do you mean other than the cool uniform switch? :p
    @DFBB If you look at each pic his batter is dressed same as pitcher team.  Kinda funny,  you gonna loose if you playing for the same team.  Hahaha.  
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    The only one in the box that I actually wanted (have Hank already) and got him on the last cycle with 10 minutes to spare. Some don't like spending LXP on pitchers but I don't really need any new batters and still have 200K LXP after this. A strong LR is also hard to come by and the equivalent of landing a good catcher IMO.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    BobbyFlayBobbyFlay Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    I cycled 3 times and got 3 Gurriels.
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    9 cycles for me. Gurriel x7 and Ozuna x2. Disappointed, frustrated. Tired. Congrats to all those who got the pulls they wanted!
  • Options
    stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    6 costly cycles. Ozuna 2x, Gurriel, bison. 

Last cycle at the stroke of midnight. Hoping for trout or hank aaaannndd... goose
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    14th cycle with 5 minutes to spare, and yes he needs a boost and a third skill...lol
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    4 cycles, 3 x Ozuna and 1 x Bison. What a piece of crap.
    I really hope for next year's version Glu does something to reduce the chances of pulling the same player more than once.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Last cycle after hours lol.... started jansen with 1 min to go and finished 2 mins after time - still.got the prizes...... phew!!
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    benny100 said:
    Last cycle after hours lol.... started jansen with 1 min to go and finished 2 mins after time - still.got the prizes...... phew!!
    awesome. I finished last one with 3 mins to close. 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    1-14, ozuna, not happy. Life was more complicated with a serious increase in app crashes and video freezes, I mean beyond the curve barrages. So with just a few minutes left I'm about to play 5.9 and Pffff app crashes, ending my day. Not a fun day. See ya Wednesday 
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    I got stopped on 3rd time trough. First time just needed vid retry and done!!   2 nd time was 4 k gold wasted on 5 cycles of level 5 until jenson finally cracked again. 3rd time was another 5-6 cycles of level 5 and 2 k gold but jenson wouldn’t give up that last fastball!!!   Seems to get harder each time for me!!  
  • Options
    Through in last minutes for the fifth time. The suspense was intense.  Was it a forth Gurriel or my much desired second Ozuna......Ozuna!!
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Ended up 3 for 9 vs Jansen, I really struggled with Ryan though I probably get an easy 8 to 10 more Jansen attempts if not for that.  1 Ozuna and 2 Bison, I manually batted more today so a net +400k cash too, as I begin to start the long slog for getting ready for platinum, the evo is going to kill me.  1350 evo I might have to think about either starting a club or finding a reset club, sucks because I like where I am but I digress.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Why do levels that you easily autoplay earlier in the day and win almost every time suddenly and inexplicably become ones that you lose almost every time?  Literally nothing has changed about the matchup.
      I strongly believe that the developers tweak the RNG throughout the day....starts off low, then they turn it up from 7-10pm EST and the last hour and a half it gets turned lower again.  Can't prove it but that's what I think.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited December 2018
    It was a bittersweet day for me. I took my Hank to b10 and traded him in, hoping to pull him again. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. However, I got two nice legends. Pretty stoked about both Trout and Goose. I actually pulled Goose three times. However,  I can't help but be bummed that Babe is no longer my guy at 5.10 vs a righty. Final numbers: Babe was 10 for 26, Bryce was 9 for 16; 20 of 57 on lxp boxes. On the bright side, here are my new toys!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Jesus, you're a machine!  Nice toys though!