Woh for 1-7-19: holy crappers!!!

124Next

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @nym5fan lol really seems that way!!
  • Options
    OakGroveRcktsOakGroveRckts Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    Cycled yesterday for the first time ever.  Got this eye candy on the first draw
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Congrats @OakGroveRckts . Hope for many more cycles
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    nice job @OakGroveRckts

• Options
    Was kind of hoping for Ozzie yesterday to replace 495 Lindor but wasn't meant to be after 9 cycles. GLU did redeem itself today though as I snagged this guy to replace my 490 Encarnacion. Got him from the free achievement videos too to boot so I am satisfied now. Probably won't level his skills past 3% though as he won't be a WOH 5.7-5.10 batter for me.

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Wow @Houmy! Man, I want that Bags so bad ....he's the best CVC player currently available imo. Grats dude!!!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Wow @Houmy! Man, I want that Bags so bad ....he's the best CVC player currently available imo. Grats dude!!!
    Key word: currently
  • Options
    @Bigpredfan stop hating! I've only said it about three different times in the past few days. LOL 😂
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    @Bigpredfan stop hating! I've only said it about three different times in the past few days. LOL 😂
    Lol. I am just assuming you will post this exact same statement for every new legend who has a cvc bonus for that day 
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    Thanks buddy. It's a shame today's CVC box is what it is as I already have Keuchel on inactive and don't need Springer. That 800 multiplier would have been nice to use on a day I would have needed the box.

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Wow, his combined hit / power is 652. Higher than Holiday Ted who is 648 (337,311)...
  • Options
    @Bigpredfan haha! I wasn't referring to the fact that he's a bonus player. I love his bonus skills and he has crazy power!
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    You have the big bonus guy @Houmy you have to go for big numbers to get your club higher in the rewards, right?

"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift."  - Steve Prefontaine

• Options
    @ReadingFightingPhils I usually let my teammates play and if they are losing in the last 5 minutes then I'll play. Opposing team today only had 2 players and only two of my teammates were playing and they were losing so I played. Kind of felt bad for the opposing teams though as expect 2 or 3 pitchers above 100 this is a sample of what I was facing. Pretty sure they opened a ticket already accusing me of cheating so I made sure to screenshot their lineup just in case  :grimace::worried::sunglasses: 

• Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Nice job, and great score @Houmy .  We try to spread things around too, but if someone gets the big bonus guy, we tell them let it rip.  The overall rewards have been improving.
  • Options
    Thanks @ReadingFightingPhils. Just fortunate to have the 800x guy and facing below 100 pitchers. 

Makes me wonder how GLU determines what teams to use to fill up the empty pitcher slots as only two of the pitchers, 117 & 225, were from the two teams on the opposing club and all the below 100 pitchers were from teams not on that club. Seems like the two strongest pitchers from that club were used and the other 18 from others.

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Thanks @ReadingFightingPhils. Just fortunate to have the 800x guy and facing below 100 pitchers. 

Makes me wonder how GLU determines what teams to use to fill up the empty pitcher slots as only two of the pitchers, 117 & 225, were from the two teams on the opposing club and all the below 100 pitchers were from teams not on that club. Seems like the two strongest pitchers from that club were used and the other 18 from other

@Houmy when a club is not full, they plug the 73 and 62 rated pitchers alternating like that. For whatever reason those are always the pitchers used to fill a void in clubs. A punishment of sorts for not having a full club.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    Thanks @nym5fan . Never knew that.

• Options
    @nym5fan @Houmy the first thing I always look for on club clash days is to look for those pitchers.  Love it when I’m facing a club with 11 or fewer members. Weak pitchers and the multiplier keeps going up
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    keep in mind that the bonus multiplier after each clash round increases by 0.25 regardless of what you score. So if you are going to be facing some of those pitchers with 73 and 62 overall, it may be a good idea to face them towards the end of your entries, so that you maximize the scoring*multiplier. 
  • Options
    AIC_76AIC_76 Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    Question for the vets. I've been trying to build a woh team that can consistently cycle. My top 2 would be Mantle (lefty and late innings) and legend 510 Reggie Jackson (risp and woh). Once maxed in gold does anyone think this might be strong enough?
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    AIC_76 said:
    Question for the vets. I've been trying to build a woh team that can consistently cycle. My top 2 would be Mantle (lefty and late innings) and legend 510 Reggie Jackson (risp and woh). Once maxed in gold does anyone think this might be strong enough?

Those two guys are good enough to do it, but the strength of the rest of your lineup will determine how much gold you have to spend.  If you can't consistently beat 5.7 and 5.8, for example, you will need to be buying gold boosts and restarts. 

Mantle is the best option possible for any left handed pitcher, so you're set there.  I've also had luck using him against RHP at 5.9 or lower, sometimes with a boost.  Reggie is good enough but the ideal guy is someone who has two skills active throughout the inning.  Reggie is very close to that ideal.  I've had modest success with Ted Williams and his 2 out skill, and Reggie should be even better than that.  I always use the 80 gold boost though.

• Options
    AIC_76AIC_76 Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    AIC_76 said:

Those two guys are good enough to do it, but the strength of the rest of your lineup will determine how much gold you have to spend.  If you can't consistently beat 5.7 and 5.8, for example, you will need to be buying gold boosts and restarts. 

Mantle is the best option possible for any left handed pitcher, so you're set there.  I've also had luck using him against RHP at 5.9 or lower, sometimes with a boost.  Reggie is good enough but the ideal guy is someone who has two skills active throughout the inning.  Reggie is very close to that ideal.  I've had modest success with Ted Williams and his 2 out skill, and Reggie should be even better than that.  I always use the 80 gold boost though.

Thanks for the advice. My team is definitely strong enough to get to 5.10 consistently. I just usually have trouble with the 5.10 pitcher and need lots of gold if I am able to beat it. I was hoping one hit from Reggie would activate the risp and provide double skills. He would be my rhp guy. My other option is Pesky with rhp skull but his second skill is cvc so not helpful at all. I definitely use the max 80 gold boost as well.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Back in the "old" days of CvsC they would sometimes start you off with a runner on 2nd,  which if they did now you would at least have an RISP boost active to start the round.  Or you would sometimes face a 4 run deficit instead of 5, but 1 in scoring position down 5 would be better.

Never anymore, just some variation of a 5 run deficit.  

I just wish they would clarify whether skills activate or deactivate after the 1st AB. I know I am beating a dead horse here but it would affect so many things, and affect how people manage their rosters, etc, and I just cannot believe that absolutely no one from GLU can come out and just say "yes it does" or "no it does not."

For whatever reason, they like to keep us in the dark.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Honestly I don’t think the skills matter at bat to at bat. I believe that from the time the round opens the script is determined and so long as you don’t shoot yourself in the foot the win or loss is already determined before the first pitch.  That being said, I do believe it matters to match a batters skills with their situation to increase your chances of getting a good script.
  • Options
    chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    itd be nice if they used a lefty heavy rotation