Keeper details: let's discuss!

1246714

Comments

  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Yeah the skills will be expensive but the actual leveling cost is similar to leveling a legend...bronze 1 - 2 cost 150 blue cash and 100 lxp where a keeper is 300 blue cash and 100 bxp...and I wouldn’t be surprised if the skills got cheaper as the player got bumps throughout the season, it was pretty far into the season before one skill players became the norm ect....it’s the only way not to water things down, if someone wants to blow their bank account for a ridiculous advantage they still have that option. And Glu is happy to let them...just my guess what will happen
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    @dustyhunks the 19 players available right now, as far as I can tell, are regular no skill players that cost the same or similar to previous years. Capping 4.5 and 5 star guys wasn’t an issue, partly because there aren’t that many on the team yet lol. So, like usual, I’ll need to play, figure out where my cash and bxp will come from quickest/easiest and carry on the process... you get 40 bonus games as part of the welcome, so I can play them to get cash and bxp from events etc. Woh presently has bxp and cash as level rewards, so just like 18, woh will be vital for resources.  Remember also that currently the game is still in beta mode so some tweaks may be coming and some things don’t work well.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,617 Posts
    One more question; is there any value in keeping an 18 Legend versus an 18 bxp player aside from skill type and max overall?


  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,843 Posts
    As I've had some time to think about it the keeper feature is less and less appealing to me.

    We don't know when the players will reach their full potential as far as the max goes and I wouldn't put it past GLU to finally getting them to their true max by late January of next year. 

    The players costing as much as 5 times to level up will eat up a lot of resources that you'd need for the rest of the platoon so leveling them up will be slow. So here is who I plan to bring along:

    1 - Hank: Braves fan so it's a no brainer
    2 - max 525 double WOH skill Lowrie: by the time he reaches his true max I should have resources to spare for the skills
    3 - 525 max Gagne: my inactives is stacked with 510+ starters and strong closers are that much harder to get than pitchers. Again by the time true max is reached we should have more resources to level and I am not spending 5x on starters

    I won't be in any rush to level them though until I have resources to spare. Some may be tempted to spend all their resources on the 3 keepers from the get go and be a top dog for a few weeks while others build up their entire team up instead and overtake them. 

    I am sure GLU is counting on that so you would have to spend more gettin extra resources. 

    Just my 2 cents.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022


  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,617 Posts
    Houmy said:
    ...

    3 - 525 max Gagne: my inactives is stacked with 510+ starters and strong closers are that much harder to get than pitchers. Again by the time true max is reached we should have more resources to level and I am not spending 5x on starters

    ...
    That's definitely an interesting point I had not considered. Now I'm torn between 530 Verlander legend and Percival 520 I've yet to level up. He was my last legend pull and only the second SR I've ever pulled so that should answer that question.
  • MattattackMattattack New Member Registered Users 1,891 Posts
    rmouse511 said:
    Any info on the My Legend feature for ‘19? Can you create the player yet and are the options/cost the same as this year?
    As of now it’s same in terms of cost and setup
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,843 Posts
    rmouse511 said:
    Any info on the My Legend feature for ‘19? Can you create the player yet and are the options/cost the same as this year?
    As of now it’s same in terms of cost and setup
    But they are supposed to get higher maxes and progress. Definitely making mine a catcher this go around. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022


  • MattattackMattattack New Member Registered Users 1,891 Posts
    Houmy said:
    As I've had some time to think about it the keeper feature is less and less appealing to me.

    We don't know when the players will reach their full potential as far as the max goes and I wouldn't put it past GLU to finally getting them to their true max by late January of next year. 

    The players costing as much as 5 times to level up will eat up a lot of resources that you'd need for the rest of the platoon so leveling them up will be slow. So here is who I plan to bring along:

    1 - Hank: Braves fan so it's a no brainer
    2 - max 525 double WOH skill Lowrie: by the time he reaches his true max I should have resources to spare for the skills
    3 - 525 max Gagne: my inactives is stacked with 510+ starters and strong closers are that much harder to get than pitchers. Again by the time true max is reached we should have more resources to level and I am not spending 5x on starters

    I won't be in any rush to level them though until I have resources to spare. Some may be tempted to spend all their resources on the 3 keepers from the get go and be a top dog for a few weeks while others build up their entire team up instead and overtake them. 

    I am sure GLU is counting on that so you would have to spend more gettin extra resources. 

    Just my 2 cents.
    I thought I was being odd and overthinking it that I am strongly considering Gagne but I’m glad others are thinking this way as well haha.  I see him having arguably more value and you don’t have to burn ice wraps to use him every game 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    @dustyhunks whether regular, prime or legend from 18, what matters are the ratings and skills.... and personal favourites.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I like the reliever angle.  I think many will hit max levels on their players much sooner than you think.  As for true max?  Who cares?  These will be junior ATGs and one you cap them you can leave them alone and they will remain automatically relevant with periodic level ups. To cap three players will be a hard ask at the start, which makes the pitcher as a reliever angle an interesting one since if that was third priority most likely you would level him long before you got another decent reliever in your lineup.  And the first 4 months relievers are relevant since starters are not nine inning perfect game machines unless you are riding a good PotW or potm.  Bring me to the second priority being a good hitting catcher.....also hard to come up with and probably a player will be generating enough resources to cap a catcher keeper before a good catcher comes along for them.  Molina has WOH skill....not top level but probably good enough for getting the job done.  
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I’m interested to see what is in the WOH boxes from now until changeover and if they are tailored for keepers.  That might be a clue as to what needs consideration. 
  • MattattackMattattack New Member Registered Users 1,891 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    I’m interested to see what is in the WOH boxes from now until changeover and if they are tailored for keepers.  That might be a clue as to what needs consideration. 
    Yeah Monday will be interesting.   I play enough where I have a lot of higher level players.   But if it’s not someone I’d consider keeping over what I have, it will be tough to be motivated to play
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I was told by a club mate who is playing ‘19 in between bites of poutine no doubt that one of the ‘19 club members elected to go with CVC players rather than WOH skilled players in the hopes of early domination in that area rather that the general consensus tif valuing WOH above all other events.  Interested to see how that works out for him.  
  • GOLIATHGOLIATH Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    edited March 2019
    I choose my 3 keeper and save them but i d’ont receive in 2019 tap baseball same user and same account 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,510 Posts
    I’m thinking Shaun green and Jed for the WOH. I hate to leave holiday ted behind
    but I need a bat from both sides. If you can cycle WOH then your will eventually fill your roster with studs. I’m thinking Gibson over Gagne due to the fact that my relievers are seldomly used. Also if there is a cvc clash I want a strong ace. With less than 3 weeks left I’m not killing myself to level up new players. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,617 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    I was told by a club mate who is playing ‘19 in between bites of poutine no doubt that one of the ‘19 club members elected to go with CVC players rather than WOH skilled players in the hopes of early domination in that area rather that the general consensus tif valuing WOH above all other events.  Interested to see how that works out for him.  
    Mmmmm poutine......I am considering this myself as all my players with WoH skill are no higher than 510 max (Schmidt, Bryant Goliath and Goldschmidt Road Warrior), if that even matters. I pulled Posada 535 LHP/VS last night and as catcher I don't think I can pass on him. If only he was LHP/RHP as a switch hitter.

    I am torn on second batter though, think I would keep Best in AL West RHP/RHP Khris Davis 515 or Kiner VS/Blowout 525. Davis will have double skill active in any event so this seems obvious to me. And then there's the WoH guys though 1B/3B were most frequent pulls for me. I also have Eligible Batter Marwin Gonzalez Prime/RHP 510 and Mark Reynolds Prime/RISP 510.

    Pitcher isn't any easier. Dock Ellis 525 RHB/RHB, Verlander 530 LHB/2out, Nola 520 RHB/Late and Percival 520 RHB/Late. As of right now it's Percival.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    All I can say RE the starters is that Verlander in all his different incarnations is plain nasty.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,029 Posts
    I personally am thinking Mantle (my WOH guy for lefties), Green (my WOH righty killer) and Gagne (my highest rated pitcher of any sort). I do have LL Kluber, but he’s only a 500 player. 

    Jed (who hasn’t been great for me in WOH but is a 2b) and Clubhouse Captain Molina are both options because of position scarcity. Even 515 Andrelton for the same reason, and he has two active skills versus rhp in WOH. Tough choices. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,363 Posts
    edited March 2019
    I know it's already been said, but definitely worth repeating. I would wait until the end to decide on my keepers. I expect to have better players introduced in the next two weeks. My take on Jed is that he's a jack of all trades(well, WoH), but master of none. Seeing as WoH is a specialty event, I'm not even remotely considering him.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,510 Posts
    I’m seeing a lot of negativity on here towards Jed in WOH. I use him in 5-8 but holiday ted on 5-9. I’m going to experiment the next couple of weeks and maybe rethink my strategy
  • total13total13 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Unless something drastic happens to my roster in the next couple weeks, I'm planning on bringing ATG Mays w/WOH/LHP skills (who I hadn't leveled at all in 18 but hung onto) , Prime Harper w/RHP/RHP skills, and Legend Erskine w/LHB/Prime skill. I hate leaving Prime Machado w/RHP/RISP skills (who's been winning WOH for me every week since he was released), Legend Scioscia w/RHP/BO skills, Prime Betts w/RHP/LHP skills (coz he's hitting .600 against both), and even Prime Molina w/WOH/RISP skills behind but I feel good about my choices. Anyone disagree? 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,510 Posts
    Sounds like a good choice to me. There are some many combinations out there that would work but I think the most common goal is WOH. Having a batter from each side would be a great option. Having a switch hitter with those skills us even better
  • thew4lrusthew4lrus Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    At the moment I'm thinking of going with ATG Mantle, WAR Goldschmidt, and ATG Ruth. Thoughts?

    C-Homefield Posey 375max LHP (nope)
    1B-WAR Goldschmidt 520max LHP/LateInnings
    2B-Comeback Odor 520max Blowout/RHP
    3B-Clubhouse Boggs 530max RHP/RHP
    SS-K Club Banks 490max RISP/Blowout
    OF-ATG Mantle 540max LateInnings/LHP
    OF-Eric Davis 490max LateInnings/RHP
    OF-LL Betts 525max LHP/RISP
    DH-LL Khris Daxis 540max Blowout/Blowout
    SUB-Beast Gleyber 485max RISP/LateInnings
    SUB-Legacy Rizzo 525max WOH/RISP
    SUB-Buckner 535max Blowout/RHP
    SP:
    ATG Babe Ruth 540max
    Hot Stuff Seaver 530max
    LL Scherzer 525 maxWinter Nolan Ryan 515max
    Legacy Rich Hill 510 max
  • cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    thew4lrus said:
    At the moment I'm thinking of going with ATG Mantle, WAR Goldschmidt, and ATG Ruth. Thoughts?

    C-Homefield Posey 375max LHP (nope)
    1B-WAR Goldschmidt 520max LHP/LateInnings
    2B-Comeback Odor 520max Blowout/RHP
    3B-Clubhouse Boggs 530max RHP/RHP
    SS-K Club Banks 490max RISP/Blowout
    OF-ATG Mantle 540max LateInnings/LHP
    OF-Eric Davis 490max LateInnings/RHP
    OF-LL Betts 525max LHP/RISP
    DH-LL Khris Daxis 540max Blowout/Blowout
    SUB-Beast Gleyber 485max RISP/LateInnings
    SUB-Legacy Rizzo 525max WOH/RISP
    SUB-Buckner 535max Blowout/RHP
    SP:
    ATG Babe Ruth 540max
    Hot Stuff Seaver 530max
    LL Scherzer 525 maxWinter Nolan Ryan 515max
    Legacy Rich Hill 510 max
    You can’t take 3 hitters. Take Mays and Ruth. For pitcher take Scherzer 
  • cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    thew4lrus said:
    At the moment I'm thinking of going with ATG Mantle, WAR Goldschmidt, and ATG Ruth. Thoughts?

    C-Homefield Posey 375max LHP (nope)
    1B-WAR Goldschmidt 520max LHP/LateInnings
    2B-Comeback Odor 520max Blowout/RHP
    3B-Clubhouse Boggs 530max RHP/RHP
    SS-K Club Banks 490max RISP/Blowout
    OF-ATG Mantle 540max LateInnings/LHP
    OF-Eric Davis 490max LateInnings/RHP
    OF-LL Betts 525max LHP/RISP
    DH-LL Khris Daxis 540max Blowout/Blowout
    SUB-Beast Gleyber 485max RISP/LateInnings
    SUB-Legacy Rizzo 525max WOH/RISP
    SUB-Buckner 535max Blowout/RHP
    SP:
    ATG Babe Ruth 540max
    Hot Stuff Seaver 530max
    LL Scherzer 525 maxWinter Nolan Ryan 515max
    Legacy Rich Hill 510 max
    You can’t take 3 hitters. Take Mays and Ruth. For pitcher take Scherzer 
    Sorry I misread. I would take atg mays, Boggs, and pitcher atg Ruth 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Mantle, Boggs and SP Ruth
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Not sure why anyone would take Mays over Mantle.  They're identical in position, overall, and skills (Mantle's skills are actually slightly superior being late inning vs. WOH only).  

    The only difference is that Mantle is a switch hitter with better power and hitting, both advantages to Mantle.  There is no advantage to taking Mays over Mantle.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Not sure why anyone would take Mays over Mantle.  They're identical in position, overall, and skills (Mantle's skills are actually slightly superior being late inning vs. WOH only).  

    The only difference is that Mantle is a switch hitter with better power and hitting, both advantages to Mantle.  There is no advantage to taking Mays over Mantle.
    I think it’s a typo....I don’t see Mays listed in the original list.  
  • AccelmanAccelman Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Here's my current list of possible keepers, with positives/negatives from my perspective:

    HITTERS:
    Boggs (3B) 530max -- RHP/RHP
    Positives: Good ceiling, double pitcher skills, fills a baseman slot, leftie
    Negatives: Not much, unless I pull someone w/ better ceiling or hit rating
    Baez (2B) 510max -- LHP/LHP
    Positives: Double pitcher skills, fills a basemen slot
    Negatives: Low ceiling, average hit rating
    Kemp (OF) 515max -- WOH/LHP
    Positives: Good skills for WOH, good hit rating
    Negatives: Low ceiling, limited usefulness in other events, outfielder
    Arenado (3B) 525max -- 4+/4+
    Positives: Good ceiling, good hit rating, skills useful across many events, fills a basemen slot
    Negatives: Skills come and go across events, limited usefulness in WOH
    Trout (OF) 525max -- CVC/RISP
    Positives: Good ceiling, good hit rating, skills useful in CVC games
    Negatives: Limited usefulness in other events, outfielder
    Judge (OF) 530max -- 4+/RHP
    Positives: Good ceiling, excellent hit rating, skills useful for broad range of events
    Negatives: Jack of all trades, master of none; outfielder
    Posada (C) 535max -- CVC/LHP
    Positives: Excellent ceiling, good hit rating, useful for CVC games, bats L/R, catcher
    Negatives: Limited usefulness in other events
    Molitor (DH) 540max -- LHP/LHP
    Positives: Excellent ceiling, excellent hit rating, double pitcher skills
    Negatives: DH only

    PITCHERS:
    Nola (R) 510max -- RHB/Late Innings
    Positives: Good ceiling; decent double skills
    Negatives: Lower rating than other pitchers
    Erskine (R) 520 max -- LHB/Prime
    Positives: Good ceiling: double skills
    Negatives: Prime skill has limited usefulness
    Seaver (R) 530 max -- RHB/RISP
    Positives: Excellent ceiling; very useful double skills
    Negatives: Using pennants on a Mets player?

    Right now I'm thinking I'll probably keep Boggs, Molitor and Seaver. Although as I look it over I'm a bit tempted by Judge's great hit rating and overall usefulness and Posada's long list of positive traits. Also in stats, Arenado always seems to rise to the top on batting averages, hits, etc.
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    With at least 2 weeks left  there's no point in making decisions because lots of 525-550 players will be offered 
Sign In or Register to comment.