Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Crashing constantly

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    -11 error is also being looked into.
  • Options
    CrizeARLCrizeARL Registered Users 18 Posts
    More stable in the track lobby at least. Tested it 2 times after the update. First time I raced 4 races and after I tried to join a friend in another lobby and it crashed. Second time I couldnt race anybody it would time out everytime so I " tapped to cancel race" about 6 times. Went back to the garage, tried to join a multiplayer track again and boom crash again..

Thats my experience after the update. Quite dissapointed.
  • Options
    BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    Still crashing after every race
    Been going on for months now crashes during videos and used to b just on turf
    But now all races
  • Options
    Again, we pass along all the information we collect from you guys but this is not going to be something that is a simple.. or even one solution for everyone fix.
  • Options
    MMMMMM Registered Users 91 Posts
    Well the game started crashing after one race again don't know why it crashes i have good internet speed my divice is up to date please fix it
  • Options
    LS3 FMCKLS3 FMCK Registered Users 1 Posts
    My game keeps restarting every time I go into a lobby
  • Options
    Just updated the game... Second update in really short notice. I apreciate the effort but two updates did nothing to stop the game from crashing. Tested it today twice. It Supercrashed :). Im not even hoping anymore.
  • Options
    Pack N PetePack N Pete Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 163 Posts

please include the following:

Your Racer Name:

Your Device:

Your OS version:

Detailed Description of your issue:

What Happened?

Your Car (Year, Make and Model):

Opponent Name:

Opponent Car (Year, Make and Model):

Time of issue:

Is this issue repeatable?

If so what are the steps?

WHY IS ALL THIS NEEDED WHEN SO MANY ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND MANY ARE NOT EVEN REPORTING IT AT ALL HOPING IT WILL BE A FIXED ISSUE ON THE SYSTEM. THIS PROBLEM CANT BE A SINGLE USER ISSUE....
  • Options
    jludwarjludwar Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 11 Posts
    Games still won't load for me
  • Options
    Because, PACKNPETE, we need to collect as much information as possible to help fix it. We are looking into this as stated before but we need more information.
  • Options
    redstarbelgraderedstarbelgrade Registered Users 22 Posts
    man really there is no excuse after months of constant crashing (mainly during turf events) to still be needing more info/details from a ton of racers before something is fixed. my device is ipad 3 and still I can't play more than 5 races before it kicks me outta the game. ridiculous
    ".. you cant kill me, i was born dead"
  • Options
    Covina KiddCovina Kidd Registered Users 1,306 Posts
    Game used to only crash after a race now it crashes even while I'm tuning, does this on my phone and on iPad... Giving up hope here ... Nothing new
  • Options
    bobby1980bobby1980 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3 Posts
    Game crashes after every race I hope it gets fixed soon as I'm starting to loose interest
  • Options
    The best thing you guys can do is send in a ticket to support. You can use the "?" button in game or you can email mobilesupport@ciegames.com. Please make sure you give as much information as possible about your device including what iOS version you are on and if you have updated to the latest rivals version (which if you have not should be your next move).
  • Options
    Scruffybob42088Scruffybob42088 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 15 Posts
    Clutch Kid 681
    RR version - 4.1.1
    iOS - 8.4 ( iPad Mini 16GB )
    Happens with any car, seriously!
    I'll jump in a lobby and do one race then it crashes before I can even get back to the lobby from that race, every single time.
    Zoom is OFF
    No other apps running
    Background Refresh OFF

I have submitted a ticket.

Question: In my profile near the bottom, it says Storage and its turned to OFF. Could this mean anything?

I also noticed something, in game, in my profile at the very bottom the version says 4.1.0.4117928(?) but when I go into my iPad General settings-manage storage- Racing Rivals, it says version 4.1.1 - 1.4GB, maybe it means something, maybe not.

Another thing I noticed, is that when RR introduced the Tournement thing, I can not for the life of me get a Reaction Time better than -.150, thus almost always losing the race. I used to always be under .050.
  • Options
    Just to update you guys, every day I go and bug our QA department about this issue, you have not been forgotten.
  • Options
    I play one or two races every 2 3 days until it crashes back to the UI and then I chill until I try it out again. Never gets better : )
  • Options
    Stoner ProblemsStoner Problems Registered Users 6,064 Posts
    For me this happened all the time on my iPod since its a smaller device, once I got an iPad it will crash every once in awhile but not every few races like my iPod did
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ign: Quit Complaining
    Ign: J3T L1FE
    Ign: boosted917
  • Options
    Pack N PetePack N Pete Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 163 Posts
    edited August 2015
    How many tickets do we need to send to get things fixed? you start the game and either it works for some, and not for others. Personally I'm on Iphone 6+ w latest update as of this post (same ign). Problem is when I start playing after game loads, its ok for a few races and about 5-6 races in, the game starts to lag to the point where you cant launch correctly causing you to lose races by spinning or fouling. Once you reset the game, the issue resolves for first few races and repeats the problem again. If you don't reset when the car performance shows as a red flag, the game will eventually kick you after a run. Its been about 3 weeks of turfing like this. Please get the game running smoother than this. It's more frustration than fun at this point not including all the other issues the game has going on.
  • Options

Because, PACKNPETE, we need to collect as much information as possible to help fix it. We are looking into this as stated before but we need more information.

Do the people at glu play the game? they should have at least a few staff that have to earn the cars, maintain an account, do the battles and turfs to get where some of us are and maybe they will see the struggles. Not trying to be a smart ass. Im dead serious. some of us play religiously/weekly/daily. That's why people get upset when things go wrong which is often and usually based on game performance or lack of blocking cheats from occurring.
  • Options
    HazzlenuttHazzlenutt Registered Users 60 Posts
    So I've been away from playing this game for about 4 months now because of the constant crashing. Well I came back today to find out the problem still exist but it's worse not.so frustrating to think this a good game and then crashes!
  • Options
    Just updated. 3 rd update for iOS in the last 3 weeks or so. Update had a new rr icon so that was fresh.

My hopes were down so I didnt expect much. Its like this:

How the devil do you go from bad to worse to awfull and then to ridiculous?.

I was in multiplayer racing mode and i wasnt even able to see my car or other cars after selecting them as the they were loading and loading nothing happening while at the same time other players challenging me while the screen goes black instead of cars at the start line...

Anyway after a minute of this bugged madness the game does what it normally supposed to do and crashes misserably. Fine work. I cant even say im done with this game since I was done with it a long time ago when it bacame a mess. how do you do it ?

I started the game once again just to make sure im not hallucinating. Didnt take more than 2 minutes to see my wallpaer again. not even one race in two tries of playing it.

I will stop with the feedback since my posts dont look verry different from one another but neither the game since the last 4 "improovements and bug fixes" updates. And im tired of even having the slightest hope everytime.

I will write something when this game is a game again and not a frustration.

Good luck.

Ios 7.1
    4S
  • Options
    The problem we are running into is that everyone who has an iphone here does not crash. All of iOS test devices do not crash. What is your Racername? I will pass along any information you can give to our QA department. Are you able to update your iOS?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    Yea thats not really good then..

The game crashed before even when there was no new IOS available and everybody was running IOS 7 so updating is not gonna fix it.

I have made at least one ios update since the game started to crash but it didn't fix it obviously.

I am also starting to wonder if my account is somehow bugged.

The game runs. Just exits after none or one or two or three races.

Just before it dies it kinda hangs for a 2 3 seconds and then boom.

It happens in the racing track where the replays play. It doest happen during a challenge only happens after or before one.

Could someone look and tell me if its a problem there like the garage and if so is anyone able do something about it?

I have my account since about 2 and a half years and have about 180k street cred I wouldn't want to lose it..

Also I never tried to build a new racer and transfer from the old one for the same reason... I own only one Apple ID

Gamecenter id - Crize ARL
  • Options

So what I am seeing is the last couple devices mentioned are (and this is ridiculous to say, but that is how fast tech goes) older devices. While they can run the game, it is definitely not going to be problem free at this point. I would wait until our next update and see if that helps things but playing on a 4, 4s, ipad, ipadmini, or ipad2 (which is why i have at home) is not going to give you the best experience any more.

I have an iphone 6+ which is a new device so that theory is out the window. I also own an ipad mini that's older and plays the best of all my devices...
  • Options
    Is anyone able to play the same account on another device without crashing?
  • Options
    I login with facebook as I am logged in with the apple gamecenter on ios. I go to an android device make a new racer then I log in with the same facebook . my ios account doesnt load with android from facebook. Its like I have a new racer account. So now I have 2 accounts on the same facebook. Does this have anything to do with why my game is crashing on IOS?

What does this mean??
  • Options
    No, that does not. Although you might want to submit a ticket to support to make sure your Facebook login is associated with the correct account.
  • Options
    invested 2 years of playing for this sht