Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Ryyst Blog #5 - Player Council II

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
edited August 2016 in The Carbonated Garage
Last year we invited several players to our studio in Long Beach. These players came from all over and represented different aspects of the community. We wanted to get a perspective from different points of view. Some of you out there may have questioned why we invited specific people. Each one was selected for a purpose. You sometimes need s shyster to understand them. You need a thief to catch a thief. We didn’t want them to be nice. We needed them to be harsh. We needed them to give us the dirty down low on how the game really works and the inner workings of the black market community, the hustlers, and the underbelly. They were our Suicide Squad. They were able to get truthful and harsh with us to provide us with constructive feedback, which we needed.

Because of them we have made several improvements to the game including the idea for giving the #1 Turf Prize car, lighter wheels to distinguish it a bit more. They helped lead us to the ongoing improvements in matchmaking. Since then they have also been the main reasons we were able to end cloning and the use of modified APKs and get to the nitty gritty of emerging issues.

We didn’t want to sit on our laurels and we still need that player feedback. So next week we will be having our second Player Council. This year we are bringing some of our old members back but we’ve invited some new members from the community.

All you Nitto players may remember Klrbee7c as one of our MODs, well we’re bringing him here to share his thoughts on Rivals.

We’re going to talk about the numbers game with Daniel Powell, who runs the Racing Rivals Collective Records Facebook page.

Car Tuning and Racing? Yeah, we want to know more from a player perspective , so the One and Only PigPen will be here to talk shop.

While she won’t be able to join us in person. Heather McCommon, who is a member and admin for several Rivals community pages was invited and will be here in spirit and through texts.

Also joining us from home will be Josh Fick, who was invited last year but couldn't make it and again can't make it this year... jerk!.. Just kidding!

While here they will see and play an early version of our next big update. 6.0 which is coming in the next few months. They’ll sit down with our devs and artists to provide feedback and talk about the future of Racing Rivals. Together we hope to keep making Rivals better and better.

Thanks to Facebook Live, you’ll be right along with them as they play test the new update and you can watch as they probably beat the crap out of us in our first Racing Rivals Live Tournament: Player Council vs the Rivals Devs.

Stay tuned for more info on the live streams and what we have in store for update 6.0.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev134

Comments

• Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Touché salesman . Collective criticism from our side is a breath of fresh air big chief.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    If we do this for a third year, I'll actually probably hold a contest for a spot or two on the council. So its not all my so called "cronies".

Was going to do this this year, but time didn't allow it.

• Options
    dwdtuning said:

Touché salesman . Collective criticism from our side is a breath of fresh air big chief.

And believe me... or not.... these guys will tell me when they don't like something. With the use of very colorful metaphors and similes.

• Options
    ;) :p

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    Grim and Pigpen. Two guys we all trust. Heather is awesome too. Prayers for her she in Louisiana flooded

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    dwdtuning said:

Grim and Pigpen. Two guys we all trust. Heather is awesome too. Prayers for her she in Louisiana flooded

Been horrible to see all the photos she has posted of the devastation in her area. But it's been great to see them cleaning and rebuilding. She's a strong woman with a great family around her and a whole lot of support online for her and her husband.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    LexdramaLexdrama Registered Users 24 Posts
    edited August 2016
    This is great.
  • Options
    1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    Sounds like alot of fun.
    Keep us updated .

IGN : 1320killer
  • Options
    DapopemanDapopeman Registered Users 14 Posts

Been horrible to see all the photos she has posted of the devastation in her area. But it's been great to see them cleaning and rebuilding. She's a strong woman with a great family around her and a whole lot of support online for her and her husband.

That awkward when Brian is still playing these games.
  • Options
    youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts

Last year we invited several players to our studio in Long Beach. These players came from all over and represented different aspects of the community. We wanted to get a perspective from different points of view. Some of you out there may have questioned why we invited specific people. Each one was selected for a purpose. You sometimes need s shyster to understand them. You need a thief to catch a thief. We didn’t want them to be nice. We needed them to be harsh. We needed them to give us the dirty down low on how the game really works and the inner workings of the black market community, the hustlers, and the underbelly. They were our Suicide Squad. They were able to get truthful and harsh with us to provide us with constructive feedback, which we needed.

Because of them we have made several improvements to the game including the idea for giving the #1 Turf Prize car, lighter wheels to distinguish it a bit more. They helped lead us to the ongoing improvements in matchmaking. Since then they have also been the main reasons we were able to end cloning and the use of modified APKs and get to the nitty gritty of emerging issues.

We didn’t want to sit on our laurels and we still need that player feedback. So next week we will be having our second Player Council. This year we are bringing some of our old members back but we’ve invited some new members from the community.

All you Nitto players may remember Klrbee7c as one of our MODs, well we’re bringing him here to share his thoughts on Rivals.

We’re going to talk about the numbers game with Daniel Powell, who runs the Racing Rivals Collective Records Facebook page.

Car Tuning and Racing? Yeah, we want to know more from a player perspective , so the One and Only PigPen will be here to talk shop.

While she won’t be able to join us in person. Heather McCommon, who is a member and admin for several Rivals community pages was invited and will be here in spirit and through texts.

Also joining us from home will be Josh Fick, who was invited last year but couldn't make it and again can't make it this year... jerk!.. Just kidding!

While here they will see and play an early version of our next big update. 6.0 which is coming in the next few months. They’ll sit down with our devs and artists to provide feedback and talk about the future of Racing Rivals. Together we hope to keep making Rivals better and better.

Thanks to Facebook Live, you’ll be right along with them as they play test the new update and you can watch as they probably beat the crap out of us in our first Racing Rivals Live Tournament: Player Council vs the Rivals Devs.

Stay tuned for more info on the live streams and what we have in store for update 6.0.

LMFAO! JUST......LMFAO
  • Options
    DualShocker182DualShocker182 Registered Users 5,257 Posts
    Can't wait for 6.0! You guys rock!

IGN: DualShocker182
    "Rapper, Memer, and Lobby-Cleaner"
  • Options
    TheGangstaTheGangsta Registered Users 13,283 Posts
    edited August 2016

Can't wait for 6.0! You guys rock!

why 6.0, this game is old enough. we will need RR2....
  • Options
    @TheGangsta thing is though, if they were to make a new game, we'd all have to start all over. I don't know about you, but I'm not about to give up 152 cars and millions of dollars just for an "improved" game....

• Options
    TheGangstaTheGangsta Registered Users 13,283 Posts

@TheGangsta thing is though, if they were to make a new game, we'd all have to start all over. I don't know about you, but I'm not about to give up 152 cars and millions of dollars just for an "improved" game....

lol....i have over 1400 cars and this game has pretty got me bored with the latest updates.
  • Options
    @TheGangsta well, I've had the game for a little under 4 months now, and it's taken me a lot of hard work to get this many. I'm actually cool with them making a second game, so long as they keep the old one running.

• Options
    MotionInTheOcean_MotionInTheOcean_ Registered Users 477 Posts
    "You need a thief to catch a thief".

Invite ME, I can give you a whole lot more insider tips on all the scamming issues, etc
  • Options
    adeechiadeechi Registered Users 7,246 Posts
    @MotionInTheOcean_ you don't wanna do that, cause once you tell the rest of the legits there you were a scammer they're gonna beat you to a pulp.
  • Options
    JSE RacingJSE Racing Registered Users 1,573 Posts
    Sounds like we can expect more of the same stuff..
  • Options
    MotionInTheOcean_MotionInTheOcean_ Registered Users 477 Posts
    @adeechi yeah I was joking mate haha, pig pen sounds like a big dude... wouldn't wanna have to deal with that lol
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Hopefully the player council has the foresight to actually help fix all the problems with the game and not just help add new random content. Add things people actually want and things that will improve game play like the ability to remove nos. how bout copy and paste tunes which will severely reduce garage and server lag. Make improvements, not just add things that aren't needed right now
  • Options
    Add me to the council. Long time player, live in Long Beach and I'll be brutally honest about the problems with this game
  • Options
    Seriously need to fix the tuning process. Can't tune two cars at once without the game coming to a screeching halt... It's almost impossible to tune multiple cars at once
  • Options
    HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    @Ryyst joe send me a video where he send my greetings to you:) hahaha
    Hope you guys get some issues on the table, have a good council

Greetings from denmark
    Jesper aka HowIsThat
  • Options
    @Howien learn how to tag ryyst. You tagged a troll.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts

I personally wouldn't like a new rr cause you lose all the progress you've been working so hard for

IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
  • Options
    Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options
    Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    edited September 2016
    http://imgur.com/6ZbsZIx

PLEASE ryyst tell me more about these new people
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options
    Lmao perfect guy to represent the racing rivals community.. What an amazingly messed up council!!!
  • Options
    @c y r u s @eXxPLoSiOn DOES NOT and WILL NOT EVER represent the RR community. He represents VGU, his own greed and everything that is wrong with RR. But @[rr] ryyst said himself that some snakes would be invited.

Like ive said I billion times. All hacks, cheats, exploits, cloning all came from the top and "elite" players. Knoobs don't have high end turfs to clone.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆