Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Ryyst's Blog #6 - Six Point Oh

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Well, here we are with another update, and here I am again addressing all the insults, the hate, and complaints that come with every single update we’ve done. So let me go ahead and address some things.

“Everything sucks!”

Look. It’s never our intention to “ruin the game” at honestly, we still believe we haven’t. There are issues. There are always issues. I’ve said time and time again, there are 1000s of different devices in 1000s of different circumstances that no company, no matter how big they are, can successfully test. All we can do is try our best with what we have. It’s the same song and dance we go through every update. Every update is the “worst update ever”. Why? Because once you go from a handful of test devices, testing all they can for months, then the game goes to 100,000s of players in all those circumstances, that’s when things happen.

So lets look at some things…

1. Lag. Always happens when we update. Why? Because everyone is downloading the game and in the beginning, everyone has to also download assets. It causes a lot of stress on the servers, and also uses resources on your device.

Outside of the normal “New Update” latency we’re still assessing the performance of all the different devices out there. As time goes on and we gather more data on the various devices players use, we will be able to determine just what each device is capable of and

2. Issues – We’ve always addressed the major issues. Not always the day of launch. In fact rarely is it day of launch. We spend the first few days gathering info about what’s happening. Then we get to work. After a while things normalize and everything is honky dory.. .every single time. That isn’t about to change.

3. Moving Forward – We’ll always move forward. We’ll always try to improve the game. That’s what we’ve done since day one. Turf Wars, Racer Showdowns, Tournaments, Mystery Crates, WWE integration, BMW events, Halloween events, April Fool’s Cars, better single payer experiences, partnerships and now graphic and tonal improvements. Some are hit, some are miss. Some things we keep tweaking, and through it all, we’ve made the changes we’ve needed to, we’ve fixed what needed fixing and we’ve removed things that weren’t working. We’ve also added improvements to fight against cheaters and exploiters. All for little or no fanfare, even after being bashed verbally for months. It’s fine, we understand, and yet ,we keep doing what we do.

4. Cars look worse - On our newer devices, they don’t. We achieved what we wanted. That being said, we’ve also scaled things. That means we’ve tried to optimize the game for most devices. In some cases, we’ve had to “turn down” the graphics some users on older devices, and devices that don’t support our newer graphic programs. Each Android device is NOT the same. Capabilities vary from device type to device type and there are 1000s of them. We’ve looked at the most popular devices and automatically set your graphic settings accordingly. However, we’re not perfect and we don’t have profiles for all the devices out there. So maybe your device IS capable of handling the newer graphics and special effects but we’ve set your device to a lower setting. We can see about helping. You just need to let us know via a ticket in game so we can see what device you are using and assess it’s capabilities.

For those on older devices, unfortunately, to play the game, you may experience less than optimized looking graphics. That’s the nature of technology and video games. At some point, the games advance as tech allows and older machines get left in the dust, with Racing Rivals, we’ve tried our best to still give players on such devices, the game play they know, while sacrificing graphics.
We’ve added Graphics options. You want to improve performance? You can turn off the shaders and special effects. (Those on iPhone 6s and up, that option isn’t there, but will be added shortly)

We’re still sorting through all the devices we don’t have info on. In the future, we’ll also allow you to scale the graphics on your own. Kinda like with PC games, it usually picks the best settings for your hardware, but you can manually override that and choose higher graphics setting or lower graphic settings.

5. Some paint and wheels and (whatever else) look weird - We’re working on that. We’re looking into the fleck and matte paints, we’re looking at metallic cars, we’re looking into wheels, we’re looking into car wraps. We’ll get that sorted out. We always do. No need to think we won’t now.

6. Chat - Like I’ve said. It’s easy to test global chat between a handful of people, it’s quite different when 100,000s of players join in. We’re already working on optimizing it. We’ve seen the feedback. You guys would like the opportunity to ignore it or turn it off. We’ll look into that for the future
7. Other Issues - Other things may pop up, especially between players that are on two different versions of the game. As they are reported, we’ll look into them.

8. Light Laggers - We’ve done what we can. At this point, it’s not really affecting races. You can still effectively race. You can still get the same low RTs. Its been done. I’ve seen it done, I’ve done it myself.

As long as YOU are paying attention, the game gives you ample warning when a race is about to begin, and you have enough time to prepare for it.

Doesn’t mean we quit trying to find ways to alleviate the issue. Problem is, there are too many false positives. Punishing every instance will bring us back to the days where players brought out the pitchforks because of these false positives.

9. Ghost Shifting - We don’t have an official stance yet, but we are looking into the whole issue.
So yeah, I get it. Things have changed. The update didn’t go as smoothly as it could have, but this one was harder to do. Updating the graphics of a game is easy… ish. Updating the graphics of a mobile game to take advantage of newer modern devices while trying to cater to older devices and make that all work on 1000s of different kinds of devices, a bit more difficult.

At the end of the day, the core game is still there. We’ll work through the major issues and everything will be okay again, we just need to get through these hurdles. We’ve been there before. This is our 6th update, we hope to have many more. In the meantime, report your issues, be polite, we’re all human beings, there is no point to being insulting or being just plain mean. We are people just like you, there is no need to forget that. We’ll work with you guys to fix things, Maybe it won’t be instantaneous, but after 6 updates now, we’ve always pulled through, we will again.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev13456711

Comments

• Options
    187redrum781187redrum781 Registered Users 6,832 Posts
    Ok what happened to our mattes? Vaulted fpw? Mattes are gone and wheels are horrible and even different colors. You have to understand everyone being upset as a lot of money was spent for this stuff and now they are either gone or look completely different
  • Options
    Also why can't we turn global chat off? I really don't want to see that popping up every time.
  • Options
    So this is basically how the game is now graphically.

For those of you that play games on the PC, know more often than not, the game will determine the graphic capabilities of your hardware and choose a "optimal" setting for you.

This usually consists of low, medium, high and ultra.

This is now similar to Racing Rivals, except we don't scan your device, we just know the specs of the devices used. So what we can do is determine what device you are using and set your graphics to the "optimum" based on the info we have. For devices we don't know, we default to a low setting.

This can cause a few things...

1. Everything is fine. The graphics are set to what your device can handle (fidelity may differ based on how the device can handle our newer shaders and effects) and game runs fine. Believe it or not... there are people who don't have issues.
    2. Your setting is too low.. You will probably see the cars a little more blocky and pixelated. We would need to assess your device and determine if we need to change it's settings to something higher... without sacrificing performance.
    3. Your settings are too high. If you are seeing cartoonish cars, that usually means the game is trying to render something it can't handle. Again, we would need to assess your device and see if we need to decrease it's settings to something your device can handle.

What you need to do is put a ticket in using the "?" in game. Then let us know what kind of graphics you are seeing. Blocky? Pickelated? Cartoony? Also if you are experiencing lag, please describe that lag. "It's slow when I...." is a good starting point.

As for paint, wheels and wraps, those are a different story. And we are looking into it. Same with global chat.

• Options
    Global chat options is something I will discuss with our devs as part of my collection of constructive feedback.

• Options
    MK_JEDIMK_JEDI Registered Users 1,625 Posts
    "4. Cars look worse - On our newer devices, they don’t. We achieved what we wanted."

Well thats kind of selfish. And achieve what? To make it look alike like CSR 2?

That was the only reason i liked RR better but instead you guys made it look like that other crappy game. Might as well just quit this and jump on CSR.....
  • Options
    KalaboratorKalaborator Registered Users 1,682 Posts
    edited November 2016
    And once again, you continue to tell us that it's our problem. I completely understand the philosophy at Glu now. Screw the customer, get money. Quotes from you "It’s never our intention to “ruin the game” at honestly, >> we still believe we haven’t <<" Have you not seen what an extremely large majority of your users have been saying? Quite the opposite. "Cars look worse - On our newer devices, they don’t. We achieved what we wanted" To me, that statement translates into, We don't care what your game looks like because ours looks great on our devices and if yours looks bad, well sucks for you go fk yourself! You achieved taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back. These aren't just my opinions either, I can safely say this a general consensus throughout users. I cannot continue this conversation right now.
    Plata o Plomo

La muerte a todos estafadores!!!
  • Options

And once again, you continue to tell us that it's our problem. I completely understand the philosophy at Glu now. Screw the customer, get money. Quotes from you "It’s never our intention to “ruin the game” at honestly, >> we still believe we haven’t <<" Have you not seen what an extremely large majority of your users have been saying? Quite the opposite. "Cars look worse - On our newer devices, they don’t. We achieved what we wanted" To me, that statement translates into, We don't care what your game looks like because ours looks great on our devices and if yours looks bad, well sucks for you! You achieved taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back. These aren't just my opinions either, I can safely say this a general consensus throughout users. I cannot continue this conversation right now.

That is not what I'm saying at all.

Yes, we've accomplished what we wanted to. We improved the graphics of the game. Now comes the growing pains of what that means to the players. Did I once say we weren't looking into it? Did I say, we were done? Did I say we weren't working to help everyone? No. I said, we're looking into everything. I said please ticket in with what you are experiencing so we can adjust what needs to be adjusted.

I know you really want to hate me and Glue right now, but don't assume for a minute we're sitting here laughing at the misfortunes of our players. If you really want to make money as a business, would it not be helpful to NOT piss off your customers? Why would you think that all we care about is money, but yet not practice the best ways to ensure our players keep playing and paying for things? Do you think that's how we've lasted for 3 years when a lot of mobile games last a mere few months?

• Options
    MK_JEDI said:

"4. Cars look worse - On our newer devices, they don’t. We achieved what we wanted."

Well thats kind of selfish. And achieve what? To make it look alike like CSR 2?

That was the only reason i liked RR better but instead you guys made it look like that other crappy game. Might as well just quit this and jump on CSR.....

We did accomplish what we wanted. If your device can handle the newer graphics, than that's what we wanted.

For those devices that are unable to handle those graphics, we made it so you can still play the game with graphics that should still be on par with what Rivals was before the update. The fidelity of the game should not be much different and performance should still be the same or better.

In other words, the graphics will either stay the same as before or look better depending on your device.

What we have right now, is adjusting our game to accommodate all the devices out there. Some devices will need their graphics set higher, some lower.

• Options
    Well looking like csr sure isn't going to help last any longer...
  • Options
    killinemsoftlykillinemsoftly Registered Users 4,432 Posts
    Im using Samsung Galaxy tab A on lollipop. Enough ram, storage, same background processes running from before update, wifi connection fast enough to download assets quickly, still laggy. Gameplay and UI is pretty choppy, like the FPS is low. Racing is difficult cause of that. Mattes, flakes, and rims still off for the most part. Wraps and paint look good to me. Graphics are okay still rough around the edges. Hope atleast gameplay is smooth before turf starts.

• Options
    So I'm not understanding our Matte paints are gone and vaulted fpw are a different color. So what device will make these re appear?? I'm on a iPhone 6s+.
  • Options
    I have an Samsung s7, s7 edge, s6 and Samsung Tab. I guess my devices are not compatible
  • Options

Im using Samsung Galaxy tab A on lollipop. Enough ram, storage, same background processes running from before update, wifi connection fast enough to download assets quickly, still laggy. Gameplay and UI is pretty choppy, like the FPS is low. Racing is difficult cause of that. Mattes, flakes, and rims still off for the most part. Wraps and paint look good to me. Graphics are okay still rough around the edges. Hope atleast gameplay is smooth before turf starts.

What is your racer name?

• Options

So I'm not understanding our Matte paints are gone and vaulted fpw are a different color. So what device will make these re appear?? I'm on a iPhone 6s+.

We are looking into that. Its not fixed yet.

• Options
    KalaboratorKalaborator Registered Users 1,682 Posts
    I'll take what you say as true for the time being as I have no credible evidence against your last statement. I sincerely hope that you and your team are working triple overtime to come up with an immediate fix. Because I can tell you, for a fact, that you're REALLY grinding the gears of the players that truely spend lots of money on this game. Myself included. It's unimaginably frustrating watching something you've invested time and money into turn into something unrecognizable and no longer enjoyable.
    Plata o Plomo

La muerte a todos estafadores!!!
  • Options

We are looking into that. Its not fixed yet.

Ok got it thought you were saying they were good.

I have a for sale thread with cars listed and you can see the paint on them now. And I mention what matte they used to be
  • Options
    Is there a way to go back to previous version until you guys fix or finish copying CSR?
  • Options
    eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts

What vehicles did you lose matte paint on?
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    MK_JEDI said:

I have an Samsung s7, s7 edge, s6 and Samsung Tab. I guess my devices are not compatible

Do you want to argue for the sake of arguing? Or do you really want to help? I can keep saying "That isn't what I'm saying:" to you. Thats cool. Or you can read what I said. I didn't say devices are not compatible, what I did say was... we may need to adjust devices.

So... if you want to help. Put in a ticket and describe what you are experiencing.

If you want to continue to be passive aggressive in order to start arguments, feel free. I understand that some of you want to vent, and I'm an easy target..

• Options
    Ign is Cinnamon Brianna

• Options

I'll take what you say as true for the time being as I have no credible evidence against your last statement. I sincerely hope that you and your team are working triple overtime to come up with an immediate fix. Because I can tell you, for a fact, that you're REALLY grinding the gears of the players that truely spend lots of money on this game. Myself included. It's unimaginably frustrating watching something you've invested time and money into turn into something unrecognizable and no longer enjoyable.

Honestly, thats the same sentiment we get every time we update the game. And every time, we always work through the issues. So our evidence is Updates 2, 3,4 and 5

• Options

No apk cars. Not talking about them.

My matte army green panda is now just green. 2016 re camaro is no longer matte red. Copo is no longer matte red. Rs01 is no longer matte yellow. And my 69 camaro re don't look matte black anymore just looks like a dark black charcoal stain
    Svt cobra is no longer matte black instead looks shiny white. Syclone now looks gunmetal instead of matte black
  • Options
    No one is arguing here, just simply asking some questions and as a customer letting it be know what we are unhappy with. As a business owner you should know how to treat and help customers. Like i said.. Is there a way to go back to the previous version, at least until you guys fix the mess?
  • Options

Ign is Cinnamon Brianna

I've added your device to our list of ones to reassess.

Have you set your graphics options to "off"? You can find that option under Your Account info in game, just below volume I believe (The option may not be there if your device isn't able to handle the openGLES 3.0 shader set or special effects)

• Options
    The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    @MK_JEDI I use the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and the game runs flawlessly. I don't understand how you're experiencing any issues with that device
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    MK_JEDI said:

No one is arguing here, just simply asking some questions and as a customer letting it be know what we are unhappy with. As a business owner you should know how to treat and help customers. Like i said.. Is there a way to go back to the previous version, at least until you guys fix the mess?

There is no official way to revert back.

Also I'm here to be the go between between our Devs and you. I'm not the PC Customer Service team, I'm a gamer, talking to gamers. I'm the guy that takes the brunt of all the hate and insults, so I'll dish out and step to the level of tone when addressing myself. So that may mean I'm a little gruff, and a little snappy, and some may say thuggish, but I've always said, I'd never lie to you guys, and I'll try and be as transparent as I can, but that doesn't mean I'll always be super nice and politically correct. If you come at me, I can stand and come right back. That's the community.

I'm on your side, and I'm on the side of the devs. It's a fine balance. I go to bat for you guys more than you know and I'll defend our guys as much as I can.

I know this is a rough update. Been through them before with this game and others, so I know the dril and I know that emotions run high. I'm here to try and calm everyone down with facts and info. Maybe it's not what you want to hear, but its the truth.

So I do know how to treat and help Rivals players. That's why I'm here.. I'm just not a little kitty cat..

• Options

Ign is Cinnamon Brianna

I've added your device to our list of ones to reassess.

Have you set your graphics options to "off"? You can find that option under Your Account info in game, just below volume I believe (The option may not be there if your device isn't able to handle the openGLES 3.0 shader set or special effects)

Thank you boss

And yes I've turned both settings off day of release, my summary is with them off

• Options

My matte army green panda is now just green. 2016 re camaro is no longer matte red. Copo is no longer matte red. Rs01 is no longer matte yellow. And my 69 camaro re don't look matte black anymore just looks like a dark black charcoal stain
    Svt cobra is no longer matte black instead looks shiny white. Syclone now looks gunmetal instead of matte black
    That's not gone. It's the exact issue we're looking into. Matte paint is looking "off" or sometimes, wrong.

• Options

That's not gone. It's the exact issue we're looking into. Matte paint is looking "off" or sometimes, wrong.
    Ok thanks. As long as you guys know their is a issue and are looking into it.
  • Options
    The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    MK_JEDI said:

Is there a way to go back to previous version until you guys fix or finish copying CSR?

@MK_JEDI No one at Glu is copying CSR 2 or any other game for that matter. This game remains the same game it has been since day 1. It improves every time an update is done for the better. Sometimes it takes a little TLC to get the game where it needs to be after the update, but it gets there.

CSR 2 wishes they were Racing Rivals, that's the absolute truth. Players there are stuck dealing with hacks on a daily basis, and lack the one thing that Rivals has over every other game....Pinks.

All these drag racing game companies are busy trying to achieve what Glu has managed to do for almost 4 years now. Them copy CSR 2? I think it's the other way around.