Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Ryyst's Blog #6 - Six Point Oh

Comments

• Options
    The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts

So I'm not understanding our Matte paints are gone and vaulted fpw are a different color. So what device will make these re appear?? I'm on a iPhone 6s+.

What vehicles did you lose matte paint on?
    No apk cars. Not talking about them.

My matte army green panda is now just green. 2016 re camaro is no longer matte red. Copo is no longer matte red. Rs01 is no longer matte yellow. And my 69 camaro re don't look matte black anymore just looks like a dark black charcoal stain
    Svt cobra is no longer matte black instead looks shiny white. Syclone now looks gunmetal instead of matte black
    Most of the matte paints need addressing, that's already been said. They will be working on correcting issues like these as they get to them
  • Options
    MK_JEDIMK_JEDI Registered Users 1,625 Posts
    Just check global chat bro @The_Rumor_Troll
  • Options
    MK_JEDI said:

Just check global chat bro @The_Rumor_Troll

I've seen the global chat, I'm not personally a fan of it, so I choose to ignore it right now until it's addressed. But what exactly am I looking for on the global chat @MK_JEDI ?
  • Options
    Everything that's wrong with update. I understand that things are not done yet and there still addressing most of the problems. My problem is why release the update and not a beta version or something
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @Ryyst The lag is unbearable and I average 20 FPS.
    Samsung Galaxy S6. IGN:RR FLAME. I know my phone can handle the grpahics cause the performance doesn't differ whether I turn the setting off or on. But, going off if previous updates and events, problems will be fixed in the weeks and months to come
  • Options
    @MK_JEDI it's like Ryyst said, it's an unknown factor prior to release. There will ALWAYS be issues in an update, it doesn't matter what free to play game you play on. It's always about how fast you can recover from it. I can assure you, that the entire Glu staff is working their hardest to address and correct these problems in a timely matter.
  • Options
    ZacharySage1738ZacharySage1738 Registered Users 7,066 Posts
    If I may add some feedback about the Global Chat, I believe that is the sole reasoning of why the Private Messaging system has failed. Resulting in output messages of "INVALID_PARAMETERS". Recently It's been working for some people, but some not.

Pros: It allows communication of all players of all backgrounds. Which really brings us all together.
    Cons: There's plenty of times where I can hardly have any conversation due to the overload of players within this chat.

Not sure what side you really favor in this decision, but In all honesty, I believe we should influence more usage of the forums for more/so connecting or communicating.
  • Options
    KalaboratorKalaborator Registered Users 1,682 Posts
    edited November 2016
    I can assure you that I absolutely don't care how hard glu works to fix something that should have never been release in the first place. Lmao take one simple look at the global chat and fb and if you can't see how much hatred everyone has towards this stupid update and glu and racing rivals in general then you're blind and being heavily influenced by petty wages. Hahahaha ridiculous. Why don't you like the things we have to say? Its only on par with what you gave us. :) Just stating my opinions and facts.
    Plata o Plomo

La muerte a todos estafadores!!!
  • Options
    dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    I applaud that you are taking time to talk with the customer base. I have an s6, nite 7 for a minute and maybe getting the pixels but s6 has plenty enough to run the game one would think.

You guys keep saying thee are thousands of devices, I wasn't aware of that. Maybe if you go back to the first iPhone but most people I'd guess have a phone within 3 irb4 years. The graphics are just bad. I can't believe for a second that this was considered better looking by anyone but I guess it's personal taste.

Also, where are the cool things promised, rest track etc? I'm just curious, maybe you plan on releasing at a diffrent stage.

Global chat is horrendous. Go play call of duty for 15 m8n. Notjing like me a 41 year old man being verbally spdomized by a tween lol. this is now racing rivals chat. Now it's easy for scammers to reach new customers I guess.

I've said it time and time. It's about your new player base coming into the game. when people get robbed repeatedly at the start of game, the quit.

On a positive note, tuning in mass is easier. I always hated I had to reset after every car I upgraded. what made it worse is you guys saying it wasn't happening. You've done a great job of making it better, and at least you are owning this. There is a lot to be said about that.
  • Options
    dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    Also, please continue to keep us well informed and in the loops, it negates hostile intent and suppresses the demons :)
  • Options
    Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    What about lag input? I have to press launch before it says go to get a good rt.
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options
    Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    I also dont get the graphics options on either of my devices.... :/
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    The problem I see with this update and the part that has really irritated the community would be the complete graphics overhaul. I understand the game is moving forward but the previous updates may have changed the layout of your garage, controls etc, but none changed the entire look of the game. Cars pretty much always looked the same. This new update makes it look like an entirely new game and most aren't happy with it.

I understand reverting back isn't an easy, or even possible, option but something needs to change. Cars reflect the street during races. Seems like the cars are made out of mirrors. And what many people are complaining about is that RR was a different style of racing game which set it apart from the others. This update looks like a cheap rip off of CSR.. a poorly done version and now it's just one in the same with all the others.

Another new part to the game that's absolutely not needed is the pop sound when the light turns green during races. It's annoying, throws your shift timing off cause you can't hear your rpms over it and it's absolutely pointless. You have the ding of the lights. Why add this to the game?
  • Options
    DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    I've spent a lot on this game. Worked on what was appealing for me. Spent countless hours on my collections. Countless dollars in making them special to me. The look, the design, everything.

Samsung 6 edge. Not entirely an outdated phone.

Everything I worked so hard for its destroyed.

62 car collection. One of every single color in the game. Looks hideous.

Matte Orange cars on bronze gem rims. Now mustard yellow on something that resembles what I paid for.

Every collection I've done. Every design I created, every car I now own makes me want to turn off my phone.

I understand you guys are trying but why did what wasn't really broken?

Improvements are one thing. Compete overhaul is another.

Nobody that I know of was complaining about the cars graphics.

Mostly the racing itself. Cheating, light lagging, ghost shifting, etc.

Recently got my first year in the game. Now all I can do is not enjoy a garage I built, destroyed, rebuilt again. Spent months in end getting my collection and adding more to it after every new paint.

I cant even look at it anymore.

I only hope you can fix what is now broken that never needed repair.
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • Options
    BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    I NEVER or rarely pink i just lost a blue matte pandora in a pink race which i didnt even know the guy had pinked me untill i lost my car i would never pink a panda this was because of the update which downloaded automatically on my old android its si slow and laggy and jerky u can barely play i want my car replaced i sent a message to cust service well see ive been playing this a long time and am thinking about quiting
    Michael west
  • Options
    penismightierpenismightier Registered Users 939 Posts
    Fail https://imgur.com/gallery/hOvfm

You said graphics should be the same or better due to update...

Explain how the second picture is in any freaking way better than the first????

Let me put the in perspective or you..

Pre-update:
    All looks good, game runs smooth

Post-update:
    Game lags, low fps, crap graphics..

And the only thing that changed, was your update!!!!

Nothing on the phone changed at all, how the hell can you say it's a phone problem when it worked fine before, but now doesnt?????

Even your players council members say the update isnt what they were shown in demo!!!
  • Options
    DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Glu stock is at its lowest price, ever, due to this update. Does that not give you enough evidence that this update is hurting?

People don't invest in a broken product.

Global chat is cute. Make it regional and with the ability to turn it off.

Team invitations is annoying now. Those without one now have a number floating all the time unless they decline offers. I get 10 a day due to my level and garage.

Flake paint, matte paint is hideous for the most part. Orange is mustard. Army is lime. None look good.

High end rims. For the most part, disgusting. My former matte orange car collection with amx y7 bronze rims was amazing. Crate, turf and gem rims are a joke.

I implore you to work with haste.
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • Options
    SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    Should the Samsung Galaxy S3 have the advanced graphics options? I do not see them anywhere
  • Options
    Alex_MwkAlex_Mwk Registered Users 4 Posts
    If some of us haven't updated to 6.0, will we be able to keep playing on the older version? Or will we all be forced to update eventually?
  • Options
    HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts

Well, here we are with another update, and here I am again addressing all the insults, the hate, and complaints that come with every single update we’ve done. So let me go ahead and address some things.

“Everything sucks!”

Look. It’s never our intention to “ruin the game” at honestly, we still believe we haven’t. There are issues. There are always issues. I’ve said time and time again, there are 1000s of different devices in 1000s of different circumstances that no company, no matter how big they are, can successfully test. All we can do is try our best with what we have. It’s the same song and dance we go through every update. Every update is the “worst update ever”. Why? Because once you go from a handful of test devices, testing all they can for months, then the game goes to 100,000s of players in all those circumstances, that’s when things happen.

So lets look at some things…

1. Lag. Always happens when we update. Why? Because everyone is downloading the game and in the beginning, everyone has to also download assets. It causes a lot of stress on the servers, and also uses resources on your device.

Outside of the normal “New Update” latency we’re still assessing the performance of all the different devices out there. As time goes on and we gather more data on the various devices players use, we will be able to determine just what each device is capable of and

2. Issues – We’ve always addressed the major issues. Not always the day of launch. In fact rarely is it day of launch. We spend the first few days gathering info about what’s happening. Then we get to work. After a while things normalize and everything is honky dory.. .every single time. That isn’t about to change.

3. Moving Forward – We’ll always move forward. We’ll always try to improve the game. That’s what we’ve done since day one. Turf Wars, Racer Showdowns, Tournaments, Mystery Crates, WWE integration, BMW events, Halloween events, April Fool’s Cars, better single payer experiences, partnerships and now graphic and tonal improvements. Some are hit, some are miss. Some things we keep tweaking, and through it all, we’ve made the changes we’ve needed to, we’ve fixed what needed fixing and we’ve removed things that weren’t working. We’ve also added improvements to fight against cheaters and exploiters. All for little or no fanfare, even after being bashed verbally for months. It’s fine, we understand, and yet ,we keep doing what we do.

4. Cars look worse - On our newer devices, they don’t. We achieved what we wanted. That being said, we’ve also scaled things. That means we’ve tried to optimize the game for most devices. In some cases, we’ve had to “turn down” the graphics some users on older devices, and devices that don’t support our newer graphic programs. Each Android device is NOT the same. Capabilities vary from device type to device type and there are 1000s of them. We’ve looked at the most popular devices and automatically set your graphic settings accordingly. However, we’re not perfect and we don’t have profiles for all the devices out there. So maybe your device IS capable of handling the newer graphics and special effects but we’ve set your device to a lower setting. We can see about helping. You just need to let us know via a ticket in game so we can see what device you are using and assess it’s capabilities.

For those on older devices, unfortunately, to play the game, you may experience less than optimized looking graphics. That’s the nature of technology and video games. At some point, the games advance as tech allows and older machines get left in the dust, with Racing Rivals, we’ve tried our best to still give players on such devices, the game play they know, while sacrificing graphics.
    We’ve added Graphics options. You want to improve performance? You can turn off the shaders and special effects. (Those on iPhone 6s and up, that option isn’t there, but will be added shortly)

We’re still sorting through all the devices we don’t have info on. In the future, we’ll also allow you to scale the graphics on your own. Kinda like with PC games, it usually picks the best settings for your hardware, but you can manually override that and choose higher graphics setting or lower graphic settings.

5. Some paint and wheels and (whatever else) look weird - We’re working on that. We’re looking into the fleck and matte paints, we’re looking at metallic cars, we’re looking into wheels, we’re looking into car wraps. We’ll get that sorted out. We always do. No need to think we won’t now.

6. Chat - Like I’ve said. It’s easy to test global chat between a handful of people, it’s quite different when 100,000s of players join in. We’re already working on optimizing it. We’ve seen the feedback. You guys would like the opportunity to ignore it or turn it off. We’ll look into that for the future
    7. Other Issues - Other things may pop up, especially between players that are on two different versions of the game. As they are reported, we’ll look into them.

8. Light Laggers - We’ve done what we can. At this point, it’s not really affecting races. You can still effectively race. You can still get the same low RTs. Its been done. I’ve seen it done, I’ve done it myself.

As long as YOU are paying attention, the game gives you ample warning when a race is about to begin, and you have enough time to prepare for it.

Doesn’t mean we quit trying to find ways to alleviate the issue. Problem is, there are too many false positives. Punishing every instance will bring us back to the days where players brought out the pitchforks because of these false positives.

9. Ghost Shifting - We don’t have an official stance yet, but we are looking into the whole issue.
    So yeah, I get it. Things have changed. The update didn’t go as smoothly as it could have, but this one was harder to do. Updating the graphics of a game is easy… ish. Updating the graphics of a mobile game to take advantage of newer modern devices while trying to cater to older devices and make that all work on 1000s of different kinds of devices, a bit more difficult.

At the end of the day, the core game is still there. We’ll work through the major issues and everything will be okay again, we just need to get through these hurdles. We’ve been there before. This is our 6th update, we hope to have many more. In the meantime, report your issues, be polite, we’re all human beings, there is no point to being insulting or being just plain mean. We are people just like you, there is no need to forget that. We’ll work with you guys to fix things, Maybe it won’t be instantaneous, but after 6 updates now, we’ve always pulled through, we will again.

I love this!! Especially the last chapter. When EXCACTLY will it be ok again? As you said, you been trough 6 updates, and as i see it you havent learned anything from the 5 previous HOWISHTAT?

Your talk alot about the graphics,which for many people count less, compared to smooth game playability. In case your not know it, we WANT/DEMAND a game that runs smooth and fast. We dont care about flashy graphics that uses all our devices ram/gpu/cpu power. For all i care, i could race in a triangle with wheels on, just as long as all the rest of the goes fast!! It migjt be a good idea if you guys could get a overview of which devices has most market shares. It makes no sen

I seriuosly have difficulties understanding why you invitet players to council, when you obviesly didnt used anything they brought to table. For an example, i know the load friend thing was on the table, you should be able to load a friend and chat/join him/her without loading the garage, that backfired i see:) Last night i was onnthe phone with Joe. He tried playing on his ipad air2 and that decice obviesly is to slow to run your game now!! It kept crashing eveytime he loaded someones garage.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

@Ryyst The lag is unbearable and I average 20 FPS.

Samsung Galaxy S6. IGN:RR FLAME. I know my phone can handle the grpahics cause the performance doesn't differ whether I turn the setting off or on. But, going off if previous updates and events, problems will be fixed in the weeks and months to come

What kind of lag are you experiencing?

The best way to answer that question is to phrase it like this, "Its really slow when I....."

Generic lag doesn't help us pinpoint whats going on. the game has many systems and different ways of interacting with our servers, devices etc.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options

Fail https://imgur.com/gallery/hOvfm

You said graphics should be the same or better due to update...

Explain how the second picture is in any freaking way better than the first????

Let me put the in perspective or you..

Pre-update:

All looks good, game runs smooth

Post-update:

Game lags, low fps, crap graphics..

And the only thing that changed, was your update!!!!

Nothing on the phone changed at all, how the hell can you say it's a phone problem when it worked fine before, but now doesnt?????

Even your players council members say the update isnt what they were shown in demo!!!

Yeah, I've been trying to explain that that is how it should be. Right now we are investigating why its not.

I never said its your device problem. I said, our software now has several graphics settings. Its finding which one is optimal for each device that's the issue. Which is why I said, if you are experiencing graphical issues, to put in a ticket and describe what it is your seeing.

• Options

Should the Samsung Galaxy S3 have the advanced graphics options? I do not see them anywhere

I need to see your exact model. Whats your Racer name?

• Options
    MK_JEDI said:

Everything that's wrong with update. I understand that things are not done yet and there still addressing most of the problems. My problem is why release the update and not a beta version or something

No matter how may QA testers we have and devices we have, there is no way for us to test everything. Whileit sounds simple enough, it really isnt. How do we know how one samsung acts here on this ISP in this location will act differently on the same Samsung with maybe a different setting somewhere on the device, with different resources in a different area of the world using a different ISP or different wi-fi. Do that for all the 1000s of android devices out there and the 1000s of different configurations for each device.

It's impossible. All we can do is make sure it works with what we have. And yes, it did. However there is really no way of predecting what happens when it goes from handful of devices in our limited configurations to 100,000 of players using 1000s of devices, all with different programs on them, some running at the same time, in different locations in the world using different ISPs with their own set of variables or on wi-fi with again, their own set of variables.

It happens every time we update. We put out something that for the most part works for us, then we release it and then we see hwat happens when it reaches players on a grand scale and then we work through the issues. It's nothing new... and in fact, this isn't the worst update we've had. Anyone remember update 4.0?

• Options
    Im actually not to far from your headquarters in Long Beach :neutral: I wonder if my location has something to do then with what im experiencing
  • Options

MK_JEDI said:

No matter how may QA testers we have and devices we have, there is no way for us to test everything. Whileit sounds simple enough, it really isnt. How do we know how one samsung acts here on this ISP in this location will act differently on the same Samsung with maybe a different setting somewhere on the device, with different resources in a different area of the world using a different ISP or different wi-fi. Do that for all the 1000s of android devices out there and the 1000s of different configurations for each device.

It's impossible. All we can do is make sure it works with what we have. And yes, it did. However there is really no way of predecting what happens when it goes from handful of devices in our limited configurations to 100,000 of players using 1000s of devices, all with different programs on them, some running at the same time, in different locations in the world using different ISPs with their own set of variables or on wi-fi with again, their own set of variables.

It happens every time we update. We put out something that for the most part works for us, then we release it and then we see hwat happens when it reaches players on a grand scale and then we work through the issues. It's nothing new... and in fact, this isn't the worst update we've had. Anyone remember update 4.0?

Key word here, is that you didnt even tried testing it out at players end!!!
  • Options
    And why is over half of what i wrote in my previous post gone? Odd!!!!!!
  • Options

I can assure you that I absolutely don't care how hard glu works to fix something that should have never been release in the first place. Lmao take one simple look at the global chat and fb and if you can't see how much hatred everyone has towards this stupid update and glu and racing rivals in general then you're blind and being heavily influenced by petty wages. Hahahaha ridiculous. Why don't you like the things we have to say? Its only on par with what you gave us. :) Just stating my opinions and facts.

I seriously don't get where we, or I have ever said that we don't listen/care.

So your opinion is everything I've been trying to explain = us not caring or listening. Uh, okay buddy.

Fact - We see all the complaints
    Fact - We're currently working on sorting that all out
    Fact - We're working on the issues we can right now
    Fact - We've made it through "worse" updates and everything eventually was fine

Opinion - You are one of those people that post on here that just seems to want to be combative and less than helpful. You keep saying what you feel is wrong, I keep telling you whats going on, then you keep trying to tell me the same things you said before as if you never read or comprehended what I have been explaining.

I know emotions are high right now so I'll let your attempts at insulting me and the people that work on this game slide for now since it seem like thats all you really want to do. However, there will be a point where I wil no longer tolerate it as part of the community. There are way to voice your opinions without insulting the very people that are trying to help you and are trying to make the game enjoyable.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Howien said:

MK_JEDI said:

Key word here, is that you didnt even tried testing it out at players end!!!
    Howien said:

And why is over half of what i wrote in my previous post gone? Odd!!!!!!

Player testing is not as feasible as it may sound.

I didn't touch your post. So don't bring out the conspiracy theories

• Options
    edited November 2016
    MK_JEDI said:

Im actually not to far from your headquarters in Long Beach :neutral: I wonder if my location has something to do then with what im experiencing

Our servers aren't located in our HQ. Our servers are hosted by Amazon, which I believe are on the East Coast.