Options

Jump to platinum

Munson00Munson00 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
What are the pros and cons of going from gold to platinum? Thanks in advance.
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Gonna make the jump this weekend after my playoff run tomorrow night, but from my understanding from this forum, WoH is easier than gold if you take a few strong bats to P10. Prime/Bonus/Tourney games are okay until later divisions. Seasons is difficult until you have a mostly P10 team.  Mixed reviews on CvC.  
  • Options
    ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    There is so much info you can find on posts in this forum but @eman0023 covered it in a nutshell. The last 4 pitchers in classic on a Monday will pose the biggest problem so bringing your top 2 lefty's and righty's to a reasonable plat level will be fine for you to cycle a bunch.
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I’m considering jumping to platinum because I’m bored. 
  • Options
    More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited August 2019
    testing - ignore
  • Options
    MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Made the jump to platinum this weekend  Managed to get two prime bat's to p10 and all the bxp 350 bats to p10. See how woh goes tomorrow them I'm planning on jumping to diamond as soon as I can gather some more resources   Thanks for all the help guys
  • Options
    Munson00Munson00 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Thanks for all the input. Staying gold for now but keep updating your experience here if you want.
  • Options
    eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    First WoH in Plat... Very positive!  Definitely easier IMO.  I moved up two 400 max Primes (Wolters and Albies) to P10, and three 350 max BXP (Joc, Jose Ramirez - used as a righty bat, and Eaton) to P10.  Left the rest at G10.  

After the first run through Classic, brought H.Ramirez to P2. Beat Classic 9 more times.  My previous most was 6 or 7 cycles.  Autoplayed all levels, 1 - 7 (except 5.7 I would play).  Spent 480 gold total (and both on 5.10). Was gaining about 18-20k of BXP per cycle toward the end of the night which was a massive help in recouping my BXP spent earlier in the day.  Gained about a mil in cash I believe as well.  I didn't try HoF. 

Hoping Wednesday is a bit easier as well
  • Options
    Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Same as @eman0023 for me today.  It was my first Plat WOH.  I paid to take Ramirez to s10, cycled once to take him to g1, paid to take him to to gold 10, then cycled him to p10. No primes for me.  I only have five 350 max bats (L,L,R,B,B) at p10 and autoplayed through the first 7 on each level without too many hiccups.  I got all of the bxp I spent back and then some, plus I made about $1 mil in blue cash.  I’m still winning season games at maybe an 80-85% (edit:now about 30% win rate), and not having too much trouble with prime, bonus, or tourney games.  My CvC might have suffered a bit, but I’m still happy with my move so far.  Thanks to all that went before us and convinced us it wasn’t a horrible idea.
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts

I made the jump to platinum this past Thursday. I did not upgrade anyone until Sunday night when I pulled Peraza ( used discount club).  I the upgraded Eaton yesterday morning before WOH started. That put me entering Classic with the above roster and hit with boost for that round.   I had to manual play 5.5-5.10 for best results but I did cycle cap rameriz. And cycled a total of 12 times.  By far easiest WOH I have played.   Thanks @retirepujols
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    That's awesome @bayoubengal! You made some smart choices for your move 😁 btw, nice chart
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    I’d stay gold personally
    i go diamond annually but I’ve noticed it’s so much harder
    plus I cycle on gold hella easily without spending gold just wasting a few hours but rewards are solid and too hard in diamond
    mahbe when I get hell gold or bored tho. I got 430 evo saved up if I ever do but I’d not do ot
  • Options
    @retirepujols @DFBB @matt_sackett @CanadaCubs
    For WOH does the pitching change from platinum to diamond?? with my roster above how would I fair if I pushed today tomorrow to Diamond.  
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Yes. It increases, FWIW stay out of diamond for a while until you build up enough resources.  You will find it less of a grind. Diamond is tough to cycle on classic. Hard as hell on all star and close to impossible on hof unless you have guys in the 300-350 range with skills waaay up
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    I have 3 p10 batters and enough to cap possible 3 more at p10 and close to my prime wolter to p10
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Also to be clear, I jumped to diamond due to the gold Rewards, Desperate move for a Desperate time, in hindsight I should have stayed back and just improved the poop out of my players, skills included
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    I was just wondering for WOH Classic because with where I am no Platinum tier IV halfway through didn't know if I should just finish up to Tier VI and wait or move into Diamond.  I have close to enough to if I wanted to finish by this weekend I could. 
  • Options
    I will wait for boxes this weekend to do anything with capping in case I get someone that can replace my lineup and I can use discount club (hopefully).. Just trying to prep for that is all
  • Options
    What the Canadian said 👍
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    @retirepujols was kind of planning on playing it like I did this past weekend.... 
  • Options
    That's up to you @bayoubengal, but you will want a few bats leveled in diamond AND some other guys leveled in platinum for the mid rounds. Maybe this Monday wouldn't be the day, but the Monday after? I just dont know how much bxp you'll have, diamond is expensive lol
  • Options
    Sounds good... will just bxp stack this week and see where I am for next
  • Options
    Btw, I focused solely on batters when I jumped to diamond. For pitching, all I did was take a couple of sp's to p10 and a potm sp to d1. I still have 4 relievers at g10 😂
  • Options
    ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    @retirepujols 3/5 of my relievers are still B10
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    By the time you get around to leveling relievers, you don’t need them anymore.....good for showing off at the curb, fluffs up that overall team strength.  
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So you guys recommend moving to platinum over the weekend rather than staying in Gold thru Monday WOH?  

I think I’m in good shape to move:
    Cash = 950k 
    BXP = 413k
    PXP = 117k

i will thave prime Grandal as a lefty and POTW Hiura as righty both maxed and can max a number of 350 guys. 

I don’t really spend on the game, but I think it makes sense to buy field pass for this move both for the discount and to sim bonus games quickly in platinum. 
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @base15 You won't be able to max a prime. You need 180k pxp to max one, and you only have 117k.
  • Options
    I need 144k with field pass. I assumed I could make up the short fall over the weekend. 
  • Options
    @Base15
    My experience.  I made the jump to Platinum last Thursday during bonus games.  I did not level anyone to Platinum.  My whole starting lineup at the time was g10 bxp hitters except s10 prime wolters. I have 3 g10 bxp pitchers and 2 s10 prime.  I did not see much change in bonus or tournaments in platinum tier 1 or 2.  I got a Peraza during the weekend and used a discount club to level him to P10.

I then waited for Monday at 11 to see who the classic reward was and then picked who to level to p10 since I only had enough bxp to move 1 more player to p10 and have enough left over to get the reward player to g10 to start cycle capping.  It ended up being Eaton. I cycle capped Rameriz and now have 3 p10 hitters.  I also gained 150+ bxp through the cycling.

I am currently platinum V working towards platinum VI.  I may hold off a week before going diamond and gain more bxp to level more players to P10 before moving on.  

FWIW, I also have not spent any money on this game.  
  • Options
    Also you have plenty of bxp to level a few bxp players since it is only 67,500 bxp to move from g10 to p10
  • Options

So you can see I am not telling you different