Options

Jump to platinum

13Next

Comments

• Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    That’s how my pitching is base 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I brought 1 bxp pitcher to p10 when I jumped who was 350 max. Corbin and maybe Woodruff are the only two worth anything to you in platinum if you’re going to try and grind through a couple tiers or want to eventually go diamond. G10 pitchers fare okay both as prime or keepers but I think your other 3 except maybe Shoemaker will get trounced in bonus games. 
    @Base15
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    @dustyhunks I see the first four pitchers as being pretty similar. What makes you think one would fair better than the others?  I realize Hamels is weak. I could replace him now, but he is fairly close to 7300 innings for 300 gold so I’m trying to get him there. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Prime skills are worthless for bonus games. I assume you have thoughts of going diamond which means lots of bonus games. Plus capping a 320, 325 and 340 max if you choose to costs same as 350 max guy with less upside due to lesser ratings. I had a 380 and 400 max prime at g10 while in platinum and they got hit very hard. Cant imagine Hamels winning a game. 
  • Options
    Thanks for clarifying. 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    The low pitchers will win some games but they’re going to get hit hard doing it.  When I went to diamond I still had 1 skill pitchers in Flaherty and Paddack at 310-315 at G10, though this was a few months ago. My Ace was a 340 Paxton with Darvish at 325 being the 2nd starter.  To make your life easier I’d take 2-3 starters as high as possible (nothing below max 350s though) if you’re planning going past plat and probably would do the same if you weren’t.  Yeah I know you want to level as many bats as possible and you will want at least 4 for classic and 7 for Royale.  
  • Options
    I have almost 500k BXP (plus what I get tomorrow) so I can level a good number of players.  
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Honestly I wouldn’t.  We’re it me I would level my best two rhb and lhb to at least p7-8 then hunt boxes on the weekend for players I could level with field pass at half off. You’ll get the latest releases with the best attributes for the same cost as a p1-p10 levelup.   If you want to cycle cap a player tomorrow I bet you could get it done with 4x bats to P10;  should be able to spit cycles fast enough to loop 10-12 times and then you’ll have 5 p10 bats.  Wait for the WOH prize to be announced before you choose your 4. 
  • Options
    If my move to platinum were a movie it would be “Failure to Launch.”
  • Options
    SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I jumped from gold to platinum two weeks ago using a POTM strategy.  I threw a mint of gold at POTM boxes until I had all 8 guys and leveled them all to G10.  The Cole and Strasburg POTMs are absurdly strong performers and can easily carry your team through diamond.  Note that at platinum/diamond your bullpen is actually important because its not uncommon for G10 starters to give up 10+ runs and get the hook after 4 innings.  At the time I made the move, I didn't level any bats (had 6 primes at G10) and was still able to cycle cap classic in platinum.  I jumped to diamond after one week at platinum and leveled all POTMs to at least D9.  This has been mentioned in many posts in the past, but cycling diamond 6 provides easy access to gold and evo which makes this game so much more fun!  Best of luck!