Options

WoH Royale for 5-8-19: Back to Basics?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
The WoH towers were very hit and miss on Monday. Personally, it was my favorite WoH in recent memory, but the majority of folks were not exactly thrilled. It's been announced that Weds will be the 'regular' WoH mode that we're all accustomed to. However, will it be similar to the All Star mode from Monday or will it be similar to last week's Royale WoH? In either case, I sure hope they get back to the 2k cash rewards for beating each round.
I sure hope that the player reward isn't a potm. For whatever reason, their coding makes it so that their trade-in value is about half of what would be expected with guys of similar ratings. Glu has been known to throw a bone or two and I expect that trend to continue today. Here's hoping for boxes to open and lots of xp today. GL to everyone!
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I hope we can farm resources. That's all I want today as I don't expect them to offer an "amazing" player as a reward.
  • Options
    Man, how great would it be if there was pxp in WoH today....
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I may be in the minority here but want a RHB with a LHP skill we’ll see what we get in a few minutes.
  • Options
    Ugh. It's Justin Turner. :(
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I may be in the minority here but want a RHB with a LHP skill we’ll see what we get in a few minutes.
    Well you got it. 3B Turner. Starting at 85 overall probably means 310-320 overall. I’m not good at that math. Lol
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    All I can say is I hope he has a decent trade in value LOL

What is the optimal thing here for XP gathering? Do we level him to Gold 1 and then continue to cycle? 
  • Options
    @JEDDDOGGY G1 is the way to go. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    All I can say is I hope he has a decent trade in value LOL

What is the optimal thing here for XP gathering? Do we level him to Gold 1 and then continue to cycle? 
    I'd save the EVO and just go S10
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    wrong buddy, more xp per cycle at g1.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    and keepers/ML are boosted...
  • Options
    buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Keeper factor went up a whopping 2 percent. Didn't expect to get nickled-and-dimed that much...
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Lol. The keepers went from 0.6 all the way to 0.62. I had figured that maybe we would get 8 boosts throughout the year (0.65, 0.7, 0.75, 0.8, 0.85, 0.9, 0.95, and 1). This adjustment is just so little. Lol
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    If we're going up by 0.02 then we should have had three or so boosts by now.  Come on Glu, you can be better.
  • Options
    PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Well you got it. 3B Turner. Starting at 85 overall probably means 310-320 overall. I’m not good at that math. Lol
    I already have this JT.

310 Max Overall - 136 at Silver 10
    R Hit 137 Pwr 142 Spd 122 LHP Skill at Silver 10

I have him as my DH currently but his attribute spread is pretty terrible. Way too much speed, low Hit for a 310 player.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • Options
    Lot of good it did, too. Mickey Mantle getting his *** handed to him by Max Fried on lvl 3.
  • Options
    Exact same setup as last Weds(Sanchez at 5.10).
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    Lol. The keepers went from 0.6 all the way to 0.62. I had figured that maybe we would get 8 boosts throughout the year (0.65, 0.7, 0.75, 0.8, 0.85, 0.9, 0.95, and 1). This adjustment is just so little. Lol
    I get it and I thought the same. I just beat 5.10 with just a video boost and no outs. The keepers feel too OP as is and it was only 2%. 
  • Options
    I can confirm that xp is nice. From g1 to g2, I got over 51xx xp. By the time it reaches g10, it'll be about 65xx each time you beat 5.10.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I agree silver was way too easy, back to sim first 7 in every round and playing the last three.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited May 2019
    DFBB said:
    I can confirm that xp is nice. From g1 to g2, I got over 51xx xp. By the time it reaches g10, it'll be about 65xx each time you beat 5.10.
    Yep. Wasn't thinking of that. Good thing we have you and the pesky Canadian (not to be named - he KNOWS who he is) to keep track of these things. 🤘🤘🤘
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @DFBB Thanks for the reminder! I always forget to check xp before I cycle to see what I am getting at silver.
  • Options
    gdc23gdc23 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    today is way too easy. 
  • Options
    ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Wade Miley and Lester killed me. I need to upgrade my vs LH guys bad.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • Options
    I'm autoplaying Miley today and winning lol so that's one less headache.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Am I the only loser who loses to Triggs at 3.6 every time?  The Hosmer from Monday should be a decent bat against him, but he gets slaughtered.  And the two times I did beat Triggs, Buchter was just as bad against my best righty bat. 
  • Options
    Oddly MadBum was an issue today for me. Never had to replay against him before. Floro and Baez sucked as usual. Triggs and Lester were handled by 2xRHP Davis and 2xLHP Edgar keepers with ease.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Oddly MadBum was an issue today for me. Never had to replay against him before. Floro and Baez sucked as usual. Triggs and Lester were handled by 2xRHP Davis and 2xLHP Edgar keepers with ease.

Yeah, i think my lack of two skill guys is killing me at this point.  Don't have any of note. 
  • Options
    If Davis can't get him I will use my legend. Same with Baez.
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Glu is so full of crap. This is not easier than All-star and the the reward is much worse. I’m struggling on levels 2 and 3 like I did on HOF. Got all the way to level 5 before I had any problems in all-star.  KMA. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Gold is a cakewalk compared to Silver. 

I'm autoplaying the first 7 in all 5 levels.

All the guys who were trouble spots in Silver - Triggs, Buchter, Floro, Baez, Miley - you just auto past them in Gold.