Options

Balsamic Vinegar

Comments

• Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    ***UPDATE ALERT*****
    I wanted to give you all an update.  I decided to buy a nice bottle of balsamic vinegar and bring it to my office.  This will make sure that when I have a deli sandwich, pasta or pizza again, I will have the option to pour some liquid gold on it.  Carry on.

• Options
    Four different bottles, or four of the same bottle?
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    It’s always good to come prepared at work. I have 4 bottles of hot sauce beside my desk. 
    I have in my office by the gym a fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, and toaster over. The toaster over is only for Dino Nuggets. 
  • Options
    Do you keep balsamic or hot sauce by any of those locations?
  • Options
    Four different bottles, or four of the same bottle?
    4 different. Heat levels ranging mild to insane. Marie Sharpes, Satan’s Rage, Mad Dog , and Reaper Squeezings. 
    In what situation do you decide one over the other?
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    This is still the most useful thread in the forums.  Lol
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Keep it going, beats talking about everything that’s wrong 😄
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I’m still laughing at the term “Sandwich Artist” that is given to their employees. That label should have been abolished the day they decided to cut the bread on the horizontal. #bringbacktheVnotch
    Could not agree more!  I mean, who wants to struggle with keeping the important parts of the sandwich, inside the dang thing?!!  I second the #bringbacktheVnotch

Also, be sure to include a side of broccoli cheddar soup.  It’s the perfect compliment to a good Subway sandwich 👌
  • Options
    I know you were all thinking... now that you have balsamic vinegar at work, how about if you make a deli sandwich at home?  Problem solved, I bought TWO bottles.  

Life doesn’t get better
  • Options
    Nice MM, you’re always a step ahead!  What is blood orange olive oil?  Sounds intriguing to say the least 🤔
  • Options
    Nice MM, you’re always a step ahead!  What is blood orange olive oil?  Sounds intriguing to say the least 🤔
    It’s olive oil.... with blood oranges in it.

It gives it a little zing. I don’t know the appeal of blood oranges compared to regular oranges except for the cool deatbrock name.  They usually taste worse but we all ignore that because of the surprising red center. 
  • Options
    There is a pizza place near me that featured a peach, prosciutto, and balsamic pizza last summer.  Just a seasonal item, but delectable.  Hoping the bring it back soon.
  • Options
    It’s olive oil.... with blood oranges in it.
    Who would have known it to be so simple!
  • Options
    @CanadaCubs a charcuterie does sound delectable.  Unfortunately I did not stop by the charcuterie store on my way home tonight.  I'll have to get one soon.

@Tdub71 that sounds extraordinary, how far do you live from Los Angeles?  I might have to take a trip to that fine establishment during the balsamic season
  • Options
    Columbus, GA.  Just a quick hop...
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    ***UPDATE ALERT*****
    I wanted to give you all an update.  I decided to buy a nice bottle of balsamic vinegar and bring it to my office.  This will make sure that when I have a deli sandwich, pasta or pizza again, I will have the option to pour some liquid gold on it.  Carry on.

Try it on your keyboard it helps your spelling at times i've heard...
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Just a tip: If you are looking for a good sandwich, don't go to Subway. Lol.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • Options
    Does everyone know how to make the "V cut" or did they have to call an assistant manager over?
  • Options
    I have had a few memorable Subway meals, but most for all the wrong reasons...
  • Options

I always got more out of pacman going up then I did left right.

• Options
    PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts

Millennial here. What is the perceived benefit of doing it this way? 
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • Options
    All the one that stand out, are because of the "aftermath" of the meals...  If you track🤢
  • Options
    @PhillyPhan87
    Your sandwich holds together better.  The horizontal cut is a mess and spills your sandwich if you pack it up with lots of veggies.  When I worked at Subway when I was 15, I would've been fired for cutting it the horizontal way.  I asked someone working there the first time I saw them cut horizontally why they changed, and they told me that they felt like it was faster.
  • Options
    I don't mean to disparage Subway, as a whole.  It's just that my particular establishment has a tendency to disagree with my delicate disposition.  We still eat there semi-regularly because my wife loves it, and I'm an idiot... 
  • Options
    Simple Math Here the v-cut has a bottom it keeps the stuff in.. My Standard Sammich there, V-cut white subway club with double meat (the double meat is from the cold-cut combo) so you get 6 meats, in the bottom of said V you put a little bit of the Pizza sauce from the meatball sub, a little lettuce, black olives, jalapenos, pickles, a smattering of mayo, spicy mustard and boom, sandwich! Next week when I get mine ill post a photo.

• Options
    @matt_sackett
    Sounds like you are a meat fan, have you tried the "BMT"  It stands for "Bigger, Meatier, Tastier" I think it has most of the cold cuts they serve there.
    @CanadaCubs
    I thought it was a lame excuse too, unfortunately I stopped working there prior to this rule change or I would've raised hell
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    It was a benefit of working next door to a subway, when I was co-owner of a music store, Id give them Cd's (back in the day) and they would give me a week or more worth of sandwiches, Id hang out and help them "build" a beast.

• Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    *****HELPFUL HINT ALERT******
    At Subway you can actually ask a cookie dough ball instead of the already baked cookies.  Those cookies have been baked and sitting for a while as they only bake them in their free time when the restaurant is not busy. Try a ball of white chocolate macadamia nut cookie dough.  Your mouth will thank you.  
    Image result for the more you know
    I went out with a girl from subway for a year when I was younger...she thanked me with her mouth alot...........
    Her art extended beyond sandwich creation...
  • Options
    Ooooohh.  EVOO w/ red pepper extract.  My wife would hate it, but I would use that in a ton of dishes.
  • Options
    Can’t wait!