Options

WOH Royale 08/28

Comments

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited August 2019

420 prime at d10, dupe xp would be in that ballpark if pulling/earning him at d9/10.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    D10 Ervin(also a 390) is 6800 pxp. W/o FP last week, I took Ervin to p5 and cycle capped to d10. End of the day, I had about 69k pxp less than what I started with. Today, I plan on probably taking Cervelli to b5 and where he lands is where he lands. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @retirepujols gimmie that damn evo waaaaaattt
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Hey  @DFBB since your a mod now and also met with these monkeys running this so called "business". Why not ask them to add some pxp into woh. Its September,  it's beyond stupid and ridiculous at this point. Judging how poorly their stock is doing you would think they would try and engage their customers more instead of driving them  away. Bottom line is, they keep this up they wont have many players returning for next years release.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @retirepujols gimmie that damn evo waaaaaattt
    I had an Evo party last night, you should have been on global 🙃
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    And I thanks again for that.
  • Options
    BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    I have 3 prime 400+ catchers so no need for yet another one.  Could use a SS though.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I really wish they offered both a BXP and PXP "tower" on Wednesday for the same difficulty just different reward.
  • Options
    duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Anyone have final 4 for lv4 and lv5?
  • Options
    Its all the same 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Hey  @DFBB since your a mod now and also met with these monkeys running this so called "business". Why not ask them to add some pxp into woh. Its September,  it's beyond stupid and ridiculous at this point. Judging how poorly their stock is doing you would think they would try and engage their customers more instead of driving them  away. Bottom line is, they keep this up they wont have many players returning for next years release.
    IMO the resource squeeze is the reason I have to be picky about who I choose to cycle cap when it comes to primes.  Therefore for the 2nd straight Wednesday I will be playing minimal woh and also dont have the LXP to compete on mondays yet without forking out a lot gold.  Not to mention the timing of when the LXP box dropped on Monday was really aggravating.  I guess the bottom line is you would think more participation in the event would be a priority but its not the case as of now.
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Why can't we get any attention in slugfest.  They have the generic Donaldson picture from three teams ago
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Welp cant RNG changed, and cannot get past Buehler

• Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Welp cant RNG changed, and cannot get past Buehler

in level 3??
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
  • Options
    Since they changed the lineup on level 5 for Wednesdays from 5.4 i have to mostly manual play. Pain in the butt I still have to work lol
  • Options
    Since they changed the lineup on level 5 for Wednesdays from 5.4 i have to mostly manual play. Pain in the butt I still have to work lol
    ive been finding that buehler is easier to beat with 350 bxp's. My 380 votto goes 0-4 and then my mondesi from a few weeks ago goes 3-3
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    5-8, 5-10 tough. Won’t spend gold on this...d’Arnaud has more power.  Can’t play tomorrow so don’t need him as bonus either. 
  • Options
    duckk123 said:
    ive been finding that buehler is easier to beat with 350 bxp's. My 380 votto goes 0-4 and then my mondesi from a few weeks ago goes 3-3
    Funny you say this. I need to use at least my Prime Meadows 370 to beat him. None of my 350 guys can do it with skills at 9
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    duckk123 said:
    I put Eaton against him, and I'm probably .500 overall. 1-for-2 so far today. My experience tends to be that I get three hittable pitches, and if I don't hit at least one out, I'll eventually get nothing but breaking pitches, and it's over.
  • Options
    duckk123 said:
    Funny you say this. I need to use at least my Prime Meadows 370 to beat him. None of my 350 guys can do it with skills at 9
    really? buehler shuts down my votto and 380 dozier, both have skills at 8/8
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I think I'm in the minority, but I prefer a guaranteed player (especially with the box odds). If I pull Captain Awesome Legend from a box, he'll be just as useless (for me). For those of you that cycle capped Scioscia, imagine you only pulled him once or twice from a woh box, then had to level him from b1 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    well, the thing is that last year when the woh prize was a box, the cycling difficulty was kind of low and people were multi-cycling many times. I used to cycled like10-15 times per day and @DFBB used to cycle like 20-30 times I think, as an example, so even with the low odds of pulling the best players, you ended up with several ones. Usually  

• Options
    I got past Buehler with 350 Jason Heyward (rhp and late innings both at 12), but it was a struggle. Got absolutely dominated at 5.8 and decided to move on to bonus games 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I think I'm in the minority, but I prefer a guaranteed player (especially with the box odds). If I pull Captain Awesome Legend from a box, he'll be just as useless (for me). For those of you that cycle capped Scioscia, imagine you only pulled him once or twice from a woh box, then had to level him from b1 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    Yep, totally agree.  Careful what you wish for.  We wanted a better player on Wednesday WOH, we got it, and a lot of us like myself aren't very happy with it.  

If there's no guaranteed player, say goodbye to cycle capping.  A WOH box is great, but not at the expense of a guaranteed player.  
  • Options
    Why can't we get any attention in slugfest.  They have the generic Donaldson picture from three teams ago
    Yeah that basically tells you what you need to know about slugfest 
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    3-3 against Buehler with 350 Polanco with skills at 6/6. Lost at a different place each time. 
  • Options
    discostoodiscostoo Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I cannot get past Scherzer and his continuous out of the strike zone curveballs that are called strikes. 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @retirepujols said: 
    For those of you that cycle capped Scioscia, imagine you only pulled him once or twice from a woh box, then had to level him from b1 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Not even just Scioscia. Imagine if the only reasonable way you were going to cap a player was by cycling woh 15ish times. Imagine that is the more reasonable option. 

This is the most fcuk-ass backward aspect of this game. To get the pxp I need to level players I earn, I need to beat woh more than a dozen times. I can't do that because I can't level the players I won the LAST week. Until he's leveled, he's not worth the drop of jizz coming off Cervelli's jock. A sane person would look at this and think, "I can't believe how utterly fcuking stupid this is." Yet, here I am. 

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    @retirepujols said: 
    For those of you that cycle capped Scioscia, imagine you only pulled him once or twice from a woh box, then had to level him from b1 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Not even just Scioscia. Imagine if the only reasonable way you were going to cap a player was by cycling woh 15ish times. Imagine that is the more reasonable option. 

This is the most fcuk-ass backward aspect of this game. To get the pxp I need to level players I earn, I need to beat woh more than a dozen times. I can't do that because I can't level the players I won the LAST week. Until he's leveled, he's not worth the drop of jizz coming off Cervelli's jock. A sane person would look at this and think, "I can't believe how utterly fcuking stupid this is." Yet, here I am. 

I believe, and I may be mistaken, but walk-off had both a guaranteed player and a player box a lot towards the end of 2018’s run. 
  • Options
    Cooz19 said:
    @retirepujols said: 

I believe, and I may be mistaken, but walk-off had both a guaranteed player and a player box a lot towards the end of 2018’s run. 
    I think Monday was both and Wednesday was a box plus premium boxes.   I can't remember when premium boxes were introduced but that's I think what alot of us are needing right now.  Legend cycle capping I dont think was a thing until late December last year but to get the player to a point where you could cycle cap him was alot easier.