Options

Royale on the weekend??

13Next

Comments

• Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    You know what would be funny if Glu put out that vague newsletter bc they actually don’t have anything. But, they knew someone would post it to the forum and they are looking through the comments for ideas
  • Options
    DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    What would help immensely is if they'd start recycling box guys like last year. At least for the last few months, you can trade in unneeded box guys after an event without any worry whatsoever that they're gonna pop up again.  Hell, I rarely even keep potw guys. Last year I held onto them no matter what. 

BTW...my vote is for weekend Royale. I always hated derby because of the uselessness if a separate team that was used once a week yet cost the same. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing Royale switch. Tho...they could just give us two. 😃
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I think it's silly to cap cycles if it were to move to weekends. What's to stop people for any other event from spending money to advance their teams? It would be in Glu's interest to cap it but I can't see a single reason why any other player would want that imposed on another or themselves. The whole bg/tourney thing is also people doing exactly what Glu has wanted us to do from day 1: level up until you can't any more.

If it's a big deal then strip out WoH altogether or make prime 3 day with WoH, bg and tourney each a single day.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I think it's silly to cap cycles if it were to move to weekends. What's to stop people for any other event from spending money to advance their teams? It would be in Glu's interest to cap it but I can't see a single reason why any other player would want that imposed on another or themselves. The whole bg/tourney thing is also people doing exactly what Glu has wanted us to do from day 1: level up until you can't any more.

If it's a big deal then strip out WoH altogether or make prime 3 day with WoH, bg and tourney each a single day.
    The only reason that I suggested capping cycles is because I dont feel that glu would ever do it if there was no limit. I would love to do it 50 times over the weekend and level a legend for free but if that was the case people would buy a lot less boxes. I’m trying to suggest a fair amount for players and glu. 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    You know what would be funny if Glu put out that vague newsletter bc they actually don’t have anything. But, they knew someone would post it to the forum and they are looking through the comments for ideas
    It'd be extremely smart. I'd happily give my business to a company that isn't afraid to seek new ideas in whatever manner they can. Hell, if it was my company, I'd question why we'd have a forum at all if not to gain floor-level insight into how our product was being used/consumed. 

As for the capping cycle concept, I gotta say, I really don't think the game needs to change for the relatively small amount of players who are capable of beating it 20+ times. There already is a certain amount of random high-level difficulty worked in (I call it the "bullsh1t tax") that makes it unreasonably difficult to beat a certain level. 

We read it in here all the time: 
    Player A: I had to spend 9,000g but I finally beat it! 
    Player B: Really? Huh. I was tapping with my left pinkie while snorting blow off my wife's friend's ass, and I beat it 82 times in a rowYEAAAHHH!!!!

It seems like many people in here can relate to an experience in which one pitcher gets bored or something and just throws 9 consecutive breaking balls, or at-bats in which your guy takes his chances swinging with a pool skimmer. Point being, they can, and do, increase or decrease the level of difficulty in the event, possibly to control the amount of inventory they're releasing into the game. They don't have to put a cap on the amount of times you can win it. I'd say the middle ground just could be to offer the player for winning it once, then make the prize a box with certain rewards, one of which being the player (just like warmup). 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    2003cobra said:

The only reason that I suggested capping cycles is because I dont feel that glu would ever do it if there was no limit. I would love to do it 50 times over the weekend and level a legend for free but if that was the case people would buy a lot less boxes. I’m trying to suggest a fair amount for players and glu. 
    How does $1 a cycle sound to you?  I never thought they would do 1-touch games, but then they did and charged you for it 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I wouldnt  cycle 50 times that’s for sure. Plenty of others wouldn’t cycle once