Cool down Starts Nov 7th(Live)

Comments

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs 1,489 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    That Disagree came fast
  • 2003cobra2003cobra 1,145 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    The disagree troll must not put down his phone
  • 2003cobra2003cobra 1,145 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    A lot of times they disagree with facts. They’re probably still on their moms teets
  • JudgeJudge 57 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    A clubmate tried to join the club today before the event started after waiting 12 HOURS.  Then the app glitched. It showed him in the club list with 737,373 days inactive, but he wasn’t in the club.  Seen this before.  Only fix is to kick.  Now, his timer restarted at another 12 HOURS and he will miss all event rewards.   Yet, another example of why the Cool-Down Timer is FLAWED and a HUGE mistake.  

GLU get your act together and fix this already!!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan New Member 2,405 PostsRegistered Users
    edited November 11
    Here is my cool down story for today. 

I knew I wouldn’t have a lot of time today, being off of work and at home with my family all day long. So I decided to take a “cool down day”. I’m going to a friends club later today, around 6:30 tonight, dumping my gloves and balls for him (enough for 52 boxes), and then cooling down again to join my club for tomorrow. 

In the past I would have bought FP, cycled and spent gold, made the time to play walk-off, and spent money and time on the app. Today I’m cooling down. Glu stopped me from having a desire to spend money and time on their app. 

Thanks Glu!  
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett 1,318 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Who's the guy disagreeing to everything? Not that it matters, I'm just a curious guy. If you don't mind sending me a PM or even giving me some hints and clues to keep me busy and entertained, that would be swell 😬
    His name is Matt. His last name rhymes with Racket
    Im too tired to disagree but id bet his initials are bigvic...er it rhymes with fig rick.
    you can't spell deteriorate without Detroit

• BigpredfanBigpredfan New Member 2,405 PostsRegistered Users
    Who's the guy disagreeing to everything? Not that it matters, I'm just a curious guy. If you don't mind sending me a PM or even giving me some hints and clues to keep me busy and entertained, that would be swell 😬
    Im too tired to disagree but id bet his initials are bigvic...er it rhymes with fig rick.
    I think it’s @Houmy using burner accounts so it can’t be traced back to him 👀
  • CalYenteCalYente 30 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    A while back I posted that there is no crying in baseball, and someone disagreed.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY 1,734 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    UPDATE posts SET Disagree=1 WHERE PostContent LIKE '%Cool down%'
  • MattattackMattattack New Member 1,025 PostsRegistered Users
    Not much to add but I am just one guy so I dont want to make this about me.

Been playing pretty hard since April of last year.   Nearly quit around this time last year but hooked up with a good group of people and had been playing with them last year.  Needless to say a lot of things about this years version have frustrated me.  Whether is be the lack of resources, constant errors that arent addressed or even acknowledged, how boring walk off hero has become, and probably more things that I wont get into.

Regardless what kept me going was the community and the people i played with.  This cool down thing has zapped that aspect of the game.   I dont need to be fed the BS about cvc sniping, with all the specials in the store the last few days for evo and blue cash this move was made for one reason.  I honestly thought this cool down timer thing would be adjusted by now given how negatively it has impacted a lot of users.  But regardless after being busy with family much of the last couple days and opening the app minimally, i realized that being frustrated about it isnt worth it anymore.  Anyway long story short, i made the hard decision to leave my club and cut my time back on this game considerably at least in the short term.   I am by no means a big fish and probably spend around $60-80 a month, mostly on field pass lately but Glu has made it easy for me to save that money for more important things.  Anyway I still enjoy these forums so will still be reading.   Anyway Happy Monday and Veterans Day to all.  

• HaraycarayHaraycaray 910 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Black Friday 490 bxp players would be nice again 
  • bigvivecbigvivec 1,916 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    2003cobra said:
    The disagree troll must not put down his phone
    Oh I tell you, he's out there!!!!!!!  
    AKA  Brokejawipeout

..............DISAGREE!!!!!!!   😂 
    Actually doesn't rhyme with that at all.........fig-ble-blek more like it.  Anyway, just cause I'm a troll magnet don't get it twisted and think I'm running around disagreeing.........that crowd just has a hard on for me.
    AKA  Brokejawipeout

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs 1,489 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    We can’t disregard Debby as a possible suspect. He has moderator powers
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 406 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I mean immediately after the cooldown was introduced we started getting specials in the store with overpriced blue cash and evo. They even made a special "evo deal" box. That's not a coincidence, and having specials for these items was just a big "in yo face, fool" to the evo hunting crowd.
    Lol how did this post get disagrees. It’s 100% accurate that Glu started pushing evo specials immediately following the implementation of the cooldown timer. They didn’t even try to hide it. The fact is they straight out lied about the reasoning when everyone knows the real reason is all about $$$$
    ........which means we will never see a change in the timer parameters.  It is exactly serving its purpose.  
    AKA  Brokejawipeout

• retirepujolsretirepujols 2,639 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    I left the first place club I'm in last night 45 minutes before the event ended because I wasn't able to stay awake any longer.. I did absolutely nothing to help them, so I didn't deserve the rewards anyways, but the cooldown may force me to stay all by my lonesome from here on out. #mrlonely
    Just me in my world of enemies.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte 327 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    This thing is still in effect.  Unbelievable 
  • mwilson829mwilson829 364 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    I'm just hoping that whatever money they gain from selling EVO and blue cash at $2.99 a pop is more than offset by the discontinued spending from me and others like me.
    I actually fell asleep before it was over and now Im stuck, I like the club but wanted to get my gold club some cvc love today...dine On my ASS glu.

that is all.

punished for being too tired to tap.

• MattattackMattattack New Member 1,025 PostsRegistered Users
    I left the first place club I'm in last night 45 minutes before the event ended because I wasn't able to stay awake any longer.. I did absolutely nothing to help them, so I didn't deserve the rewards anyways, but the cooldown may force me to stay all by my lonesome from here on out. #mrlonely
    Brutal but I am in the same boat.   Would rather not have plan everything I do around a 12 hour cool down so not dealing with it is my best option
  • buddydavebuddydave 166 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Where's the "sympathy" button? I don't want to disagree/agree/like/LOL this one but it deserves something.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY 337 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Cohesive = stuck with. 
    edited November 12
    COWPILEY said:
    Cohesive = stuck with. 
    ****'ed because of...

Could not get through HOF yesterday (not just 6.10) and my solo club is gold 6. Against my better judgement, I will probably buy FP, Level 3 legends and 3 primes with the discount and grind bonus games to see if I can even put a dent in getting the club to platinum. If these steps don’t greatly improve my player experience then I’m done as an “active” player. 
  • DFBBDFBB 3,994 PostsRegistered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator
    @COWPILEY sorry man. If/when the cool down gets adjusted, I'll get you to platinum.
    Success and failure are merely two sides of the same coin.
    Thanks ! Appreciate the offer but I don’t think the hundred or so of us active in the forum (based on the number of survey responses) are going to wag the dog.
  • criffycriffy 317 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    @DFBB, @COWPILEY is awesome. we went up against each other in cvc over the weekend and he laid up given my solo plat vs. his solo gold. definitely should be on the list to level up
  • MetsicansMetsicans 698 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Well, I still have 3.5 hours left on my countdown timer, because I fell asleep last night before taking my team out of the club I was in.  I knew I wouldn’t be able to collect the event rewards today regardless, but I hoped to at least play cvc and help others in my club. Instead I’m frozen out. Thanks Glu. 

Ps. Yes, that was sarcastic. This sucks, Glu. In case that wasn’t clear.
    DFBB said:
    @COWPILEY sorry man. If/when the cool down gets adjusted, I'll get you to platinum

Do you think they care tho? honestly? I know those that have complained have also sent tickets, you would like to think they have such an outcry they would at least adjust it..

Nah..I don't believe they care.