Given the monotony of being back on the regular schedule (prime event weekends? ugh) and the extra time some of us may have off during the holiday season, I wanted to see if people have an interest in putting a bracket together for the forums March Madness style.
The idea is to have 2 tournaments, broken out by Gold and Diamond teams with a best of 7 series determining who the best player is. I don't think there are enough Silver or Platinum players to have their own bracket but anyone with that level team is welcome to play up a level (i.e. Silver teams can play in Gold Bracket and Platinum teams can play in Diamond Bracket). Seeding to be determined by team strength (honor system when you sign up). You would have 2 days to play a best of 7 series before moving on to the next round (or not).
The catch? You must manually
play the games, so that skill is actually involved (honor system here folks). There are no actual prizes except pride (I'm not Glu, after all), but would be a fun way to implement a little bit of variety into the sometimes monotonous ways of playing this game. If there's interest, I'll start up a google excel sheet to sign up.
Here's the link to the sign up sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZhNz8PLyVky1UPxJcbRHJMMx-UIpTH4OowwPxqmGVbk/edit?usp=sharing
Edit #2: Rules:
These are guidelines - you and your opponent can decide upon rules yourself. If you have any doubt or disagreements, revert to the guidelines or ask me to try to help resolve any issues. If you have the line app, it may be easier to communicate through than the private message function on the forums - feel free to add me (line id: mastacriff) and I will set up a chat for all the participants for tracking the fun (updates, smack talk, screenshots, etc.)
- Should be a best of 5 - first to 3 wins moves on. Best of 7 will take too long - but feel free to change / negotiate this with your opponent
- Try to determine a time in advance with your opponent to set aside an hour or two (or a couple of one hour sessions). I think if you manually play, you can probably get a game in within 15-20 minutes if you're both ready and waiting.
- Before you start a game, make sure your opponent has their lineup ready - confirm with them that they are ready to start. The higher seed will start the first game through 'Start a Game' > Nickname Search' highlighted somewhere in this thread. After the first game, you will alternate who starts the game.
- You can line up whichever pitcher you want to against your opponent. Note that if you start your SP1, you will face your opponent's SP1 automatically - this is Glu functionality. This goes down the line - for example, if you start your SP3, you will face your opponent's SP3, etc.
- No pre-game boosts allowed - the game allows you to do a video or gold boost but this is strictly prohibited.
- Manual play only unless you both agree upon simulation rules.
- No enabling handicap, unless you both agree to it. This would only make sense to enable if you're playing games across tiers (i.e. platinum vs. diamond or silver vs. gold), but both parties need to agree to it
- Unlimited use of resources allowed (primarily energy drinks, ice wraps but I don't think they let you ice wrap in a nickname search game so you need to line up your rotation by cycling through bonus games)
- Winner of each match to report results to the Google Sheet set up for this (I will set up an easy reporting system) or you can report to me (through the line app chat or PM on the forums)
I'm sure I'm missing an angle or two but feel free to comment if you think I'm missing important.