Options

9/24 15.5 Sniper Global

Comments

• Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I can only surmise that BRAD is off winning new parts and completing his drone ... Go Killer !!!

His input to the book would be useful as well. And the flip side is that I will learn a whole lot more than I already know.

Huggles!
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    His input to the book would be useful as well. And the flip side is that I will learn a whole lot more than I already know.

Huggles!

You already know it all, you just don't realize it. You see it every time you start a battle or win a weapon ... all we do is offer another perspective is all. His input is most valuable, I couldn't do what I so without him ... we're sort of like partners in a symbiotic relationship.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I don't think that I have mentioned that the Gold League is playing for the Stingray Elite, a 15.5 Tesla that nobody wants, but the Milestones will net you 10 Tier 14 Modules (33XP) each day.

It occurs to me that drone weapon parts may only be plentiful in the Global Events (a cruel twist).

Are there any available in the Gold League? If not, I suppose we'll only see you during Globals now ... d.a.m.n.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    It occurs to me that drone weapon parts may only be plentiful in the Global Events (a cruel twist).

Are there any available in the Gold League? If not, I suppose we'll only see you during Globals now ... d.a.m.m.

No Drone parts beyond normal PVP wins. I now have 3 pages, all 410s and 510s, 37 total. Life is good. I play the Gold League for the 100 Gold at 200 VP, it subsidizes play and most of my competitors go to 200 each day.

Right now the Gold League leaderboard is:

#1 214 VP
    #2 208 VP
    #3 200 VP Bradr752 (Done for the day)
    #4 200 VP

Rinse, lather, repeat tomorrow.
  • Options
    No Drone parts beyond normal PVP wins. I now have 3 pages, all 410s and 510s, 37 total. Life is good. I play the Gold League for the 100 Gold at 200 VP, it subsidizes play and most of my competitors go to 200 each day.

Right now the Gold League leaderboard is:

#1 214 VP
    #2 208 VP
    #3 200 VP Bradr752 (Done for the day)
    #4 200 VP

Rinse, lather, repeat tomorrow.

From dancing on the event horizon to life is good; you're a complex blend of emotions my friend; you must drive your wife crazy; speaking of which ... how is she doing these days?

*** SMILES ***

Anyways, what's your estimate until achieving a TRUE 2.95M DRONE? Not one of these empty shells of a weapon ... LOL ... ALSO, if you have this recorded, what is the XP required to reach 410K on the support drone? I'll be making my run in a few days ...

I figure if I can make the jump to 369K soon (currently my ceiling on the weapons), I'll be poised for the relatively short hop up to 410K and beyond ... what a journey ... WOW ... I've also been fusing every available small part on the rocket launcher, since I never was able to grab a RL 92K part ... I'm down to 360 pages and the small parts are starting to thin out ... finally.

My plan is to max out the drone AND the weapons at 369K, then try to get support drone to 410K, swap the weapons out to 410K, "re=fuse" the 369K parts (will be an absolute treasure trove of XP) and should be the equivalent of at least the first 3-4 levels, and take off from there.
  • Options
    IOS has the dreaded Server Maintenance is being held for several hours notice up. Two hours so far. I will get my Drone to 2.95 K tomorrow, assume the servers come back up.

It is very hard to estimate how long it will take to fully equip the Drone, but it is at least a six week project. I have no idea what the costs will be at the higher levels. Upgrading the 740K Weapons, Level 1 of 20 was just over 1000K XP, Level 4 was 4859K XP and Level 5 is 6692K XP. If they maintain that level of price increase through 15 more levels, it could get to be VERY expensive.

What are you paying for your weapos upgrades and have you figured out the price increase as you advance through the levels?

Second question: When you switch out to the 410 K weapons where are the old weapons put? I found several of my upgraded weapons by accident in paging through my 777 pages repeatedly, but I never figured out what the pattern was. Are you going to have to search through 400 pages to locate the old parts.

I now have 3 pages, all 410 K and 510 K, or at least I did before the server went down.
  • Options
    IOS has the dreaded Server Maintenance is being held for several hours notice up. Two hours so far. I will get my Drone to 2.95 K tomorrow, assume the servers come back up.

It is very hard to estimate how long it will take to fully equip the Drone, but it is at least a six week project. I have no idea what the costs will be at the higher levels. Upgrading the 740K Weapons, Level 1 of 20 was just over 1000 XP, Level 4 was 4859 XP and Level 5 is 9992 XP. If they maintain that level of price increase through 15 more levels, it could get to be VERY expensive.

What are you paying for your weapos upgrades and have you figured out the price increase as you advance through the levels?

Second question: When you switch out to the 410 K weapons where are the old weapons put? I found several of my upgraded weapons by accident in paging through my 777 pages repeatedly, but I never figured out what the pattern was. Are you going to have to search through 400 pages to locate the old parts.

I now have 3 pages, all 410 K and 510 K, or at least I did before the server went down.

2 hours on server maintenance is the longest I've seen ... maybe they've got some updates in the works.

The "fused" parts are usually located at the end of the small parts just before the 410Ks for example, so the 369Ks will be right there on the first page. The weapons upgrades fall between 65K-75K per fuse; it takes so many fuses to move up one level that I gave up trying to count them quite some time ago. As with measuring distance in the Universe using light years, I now measure progress in days as opposed to cost: 15-20 pages per day, 100 pages per week, 1-2 weapon levels per week and so on. A single full vault of 5M diamonds let's say, is good for 10 pages, so that's 10M diamonds per day for fusing drone weapons parts.

As I've stated, the goal is to eliminate as many pages as fast as possible; using free energy only, for 8-9 hours of total game play per day. Cost means nothing at all since it's free to begin with. The only thing that matters is reducing the pages of parts so that the first 410K part appears on Page #1 which is now only a few days away.

If everything adheres to my calculations, it took one month to eliminate all of the small parts. Slow moving but it is free ... that has always been the cornerstone of my strategy, minimal cost.

I could double my production in one of two ways. Double the time I spend playing the game to say 16 hours per day OR double the number of PvP battles over an 8 hour period by using say 500 GOLD per day. I don't have the time to play more, except on weekends and an additional 500 GOLD per day in addition to what I spend on VIP, is currently outside of my established budget.

So I fight for free ... but this could change since I do not predict any need for new weapons for quite awhile and could devote more time and diamonds to the drone; thus needing (rather desiring) more battles.
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    2 hours on server maintenance is the longest I've seen ... maybe they've got some updates in the works.

I hope that your are right. The only possible hiccup would be that the last server maintenance that we saw in MIRN ended up being at least 6 to 8 hours. I don't know what time that maintenance started but the MIRN servers did not come back on line until about noon PST. I first noticed the server maintenance post around 6AM PST.

What is really "stupid" about that server maintenance, was at that time MIRN was running only 2 days of League play. Instead of doing the maintenance on a Wednesday, the GLU brain trust did the maintenance on a Tuesday.

But then I have seen the same mentality in the business world. I had a situation where the company's servers were located on the East Coast. I was the IT Manager of the West Coast operations.

So when would the East Coast brain trust bring the servers down? They would bring the servers down at 7:30PM EST or 4:30PM PST.

The only problem was that the West Coast worked until 5:30PM PST. Then management would complain about the 1 hour of overhead that the West Coast had during the maintenance.
  • Options
    Server maintenance on IOS is now over 6 hours and counting.
  • Options
    Yeah server maintenance is always an issue when not planned properly. For example, an international corporation has offices in Europe, Asia and the USA so there's no optimum time to bring down the servers. What's needed here is scheduled downtime so that at 00:01 Zulu (GMT) the maintenance window opens worldwide OR simply perform maintenance on the weekends (Sundays) early in the morning.

The problem with the GLUTONS is they don't believe in working "off hours".

A gaming engine "cluster" would be nice, but we know that costs $$$. LOL

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    And as always, Glu gives no advance notice and no updates. I presume that with everybody but Glu, notice of server maintenance is standard.
  • Options
    And as always, Glu gives no advance notice and no updates. I presume that with everybody but Glu, notice of server maintenance is standard.

Absolutely ... If I were to take down a server without at least 1 week's notice and inform everyone what I was actually maintaining, I'd get my head served on a platter. Those are just the vanilla users like clerks and secretaries or anyone that uses a desktop ... paying customers? If I took down a server that hosted a revenue generating application, not unlike CKS, without prior notice, I'd be looking for a job the next morning.
  • Options
    Absolutely ... If I were to take down a server without at least 1 week's notice and inform everyone what I was actually maintaining, I'd get my head served on a platter. Those are just the vanilla users like clerks and secretaries or anyone that uses a desktop ... paying customers? If I took down a server that hosted a revenue generating application, not unlike CKS, without prior notice, I'd be looking for a job the next morning.

Isn't that the truth, definitely had to give prior notice as well as a long lead time, the more the better.

We, in IT, are supposed to keep everything up and running 24/7, have the latest and greatest hardware and software in place, and oh, BTW, don't spend any money doing it.
  • Options
    I can't believe this. Handles just post about this maintenance update. We have been waiting all of this time for Facebook!!! Here is the post.

Content Update: 9.29.2015

Attention Players!

Today is the launch of new content for Contract Killer: Sniper. The new update comes with:

Face Book Connection:
    •Connect to Face Book and invite your friends to play!
    •Make posts from the game to Face Book, such as victories in pvp!
    •Show off your new gear to your friends!

The update should be completed in a few hours for iOS and Android users. Enjoy

Well, at least we know Handles is still alive and I hope well.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    Isn't that the truth, definitely had to give prior notice as well as a long lead time, the more the better.

We, in IT, are supposed to keep everything up and running 24/7, have the latest and greatest hardware and software in place, and oh, BTW, don't spend any money doing it.

Yep you're 100% correct. The most thankless job there is. When something breaks, there's hell to pay ... when everything goes according to plan, you won't hear a word of praise except from maybe your boss who took credit for everything. But that's why they pay us the big bucks right?

Oh but YOU WERE the boss ... I hope you treated you underlings with p[roper respect.

LMAO
  • Options
    Yep you're 100% correct. The most thankless job there is. When something breaks, there's hell to pay ... when everything goes according to plan, you won't hear a word of praise except from maybe your boss who took credit for everything. But that's why they pay us the big bucks right?

Oh but YOU WERE the boss ... I hope you treated you underlings with p[roper respect.

LMAO

Yes, I was the boss and yes I did treat my underlings with respect. That was one of things that would I would do that "****ed" upper management off to no end. Whenever, something went wrong, they did not like the idea that when they came looking for someone to "fire", the first question to me was always "Who did this?" or "Whose fault is this?"

My stock answer to them was "Since it is my department, it is my fault!!"

Let me tell you, they did not like that answer one bit. But everything would be taken care of behind close doors and one on one. If the underling followed company policy or had a real good reason for what they did, then I always had their backs. After all, for the most part, it was them that made me look good. IT is a team effort. Anybody that tells you that they know "everything" there is to know about IT is lying to you.

But my students, all had stories about their "boss" who would take all of the credit and none of the blame.
  • Options
    Yes, I was the boss and yes I did treat my underlings with respect. That was one of things that would I would do that "****ed" upper management off to no end. Whenever, something went wrong, they did not like the idea that when they came looking for someone to "fire", the first question to me was always "Who did this?" or "Whose fault is this?"

My stock answer to them was "Since it is my department, it is my fault!!"

Let me tell you, they did not like that answer one bit. But everything would be taken care of behind close doors and one on one. If the underling followed company policy or had a real good reason for what they did, then I always had their backs. After all, for the most part, it was them that made me look good. IT is a team effort. Anybody that tells you that they know "everything" there is to know about IT is lying to you.

But my students, all had stories about their "boss" who would take all of the credit and none of the blame.

Good for you, I see exactly what you describe all of the time. I'm a hired gun (a consultant by any other name). They usually hire me for variety of reasons, but mostly to clean up after someone else. I want no glory or accolades ... just pay my rate.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    Game just came online.
  • Options
    CKS requires an update to run. Downloading very slowly, I assume everybody is downloading.
  • Options
    CKS requires an update to run. Downloading very slowly, I assume everybody is downloading.

I was able to download the update, with no problem, but so far unable to start CKS. I freeze at either the collecting packs screen or else on a restart, I freeze at a screen that read 0%.

I am able to get by the following screens:

Logging in, loading configs, loading save data, loading resources, at the collecting packs, the game sits until it crashes.
  • Options
    I was able to download the update, with no problem, but so far unable to start CKS. I freeze at either the collecting packs screen or else on a restart, I freeze at a screen that read 0%.

I am able to get by the following screens:

Logging in, loading configs, loading saved data, loading resources, collecting packs, and then the game sits until it crashes.

Sounds like a software update CKS 3,0,2? Try clearing the cache to make sure there are no artifacts left behind from previous version.
  • Options

JEEZ how big is the update?

Just read HANDLES post ... Oh boy, now I can show off my weapons on Facebook and have the Men in Black knock on my door. LOL

Nice idea ... for a youngster. Oh well just when I though some game fixes were coming down.
  • Options
    JEEZ how big is the update?

Just read HANDLES post ... Oh boy, now I can show off my weapons on Facebook and have the Men in Black knock on my door. LOL

Nice idea ... for a youngster. Oh well just when I though some game fixes were coming down.

Besides Facebook updates, there is supposed to be performance and memory optimizations and online challenges (pick opponents directly).

there is also a Mute option (black list) in Chat and Brag messages.

All of this is posted in the what's new section of the app in the app store on IOS.

Now if only the game would load, lol.
  • Options
    Jet LeeJet Lee Registered Users 33 Posts
    Besides Facebook updates, there is supposed to be performance and memory optimizations and online challenges (pick opponents directly).

there is also a Mute option (black list) in Chat and Brag messages.

All of this is posted in the what's new section of the app in the app store on IOS.

Now if only the game would load, lol.

Game is faster on long battle, Bots with Drones! IOS 8.4.1 ipad 2.
  • Options
    Jet Lee wrote: »
    Game is faster, Bots with Drones!

So far, I am still unable to load the game. IOS Platform
  • Options
    So far, I am still unable to load the game. IOS Platform

Well we on Android haven't received a thing ... as usual.

How many hours was the server down?
  • Options
    Well we on Android haven't received a thing ... as usual.

How many hours was the server down?

At least 8 hours that I know of. The server was down at 5AM PST when I tried to access the game this morning and right around 1PM PST the update was available for download.

But, it is now 2:30 PM, and I still can not get into the game.
  • Options
    At least 8 hours that I know of. The server was down at 5AM PST when I tried to access the game this morning and right around 1PM PST the update was available for download.

But, it is now 2:30 PM, and I still can not get into the game.

Good grief, so I guess it cost you 100 GOLD ... not looking forward to that.
  • Options
    DueradDuerad Registered Users 20 Posts
    Amsoft plenty of folks are reading but it seems useless to make comments since there is never an answer or response but we are looking for hope and answers
  • Options
    DueradDuerad Registered Users 20 Posts
    But back on subject I take it there's a rotation in PvP as far as parts go ?